PDA

View Full Version : Proud New Father

dsmguy7
10-17-08, 15:27

ZDL
10-17-08, 15:30
Well, I have not been on here much lately; but with good reason. As of 10/10/08, I am the proud father of a baby boy. My wife had a c-section and we just got her home tuesday. My son is still in nicu. He is a premie (34 weeks), and had some problems breathing enough oxygen. He has been out of the oxygen tent for 3 days now and is doing well. We just have to get his bottle feeding up so that we can take his nose tube and iv out. He's doing well, but if you pray, please say a prayer for him. Thank you all.

Man congratulations on becoming a daddy. Stay strong your son will do just fine. Watch over your wife right now as well she is going to need you. God bless your new family.

LOKNLOD
10-17-08, 16:16
Congrats! We'll say prayers for you and the family. I remember how hard it was to bring our daughter home and have to keep her in the stupid jaundice suitcase tanning bed thing for a few days, so I can't imagine how hard it must be to see your little one in an oxygen tent. I'm glad to hear he's powering through though!

Let us all know if we can do anything.

Seth Harness
10-17-08, 18:09
Congratulations!!! No greater gift form the lord himself than children. Very happy for you. Thoughts and prayers are with you for sure. :)

SeriousStudent
10-17-08, 18:24
Best wishes for your family, and prayers sent that your wife and son make a speedy and complete recovery.

Detective_D
10-17-08, 19:07
Congratulations DSM!!!

I am going to stop right now and pray for you and your family. Please keep us updated.
~D

Joe_Friday
10-17-08, 19:18
Congrats!!! and prayer sent!

HES
10-17-08, 21:49
Congrats and best of luck.

RogerinTPA
10-17-08, 21:58
Congratulations! Many prayers sent to your son and family!

3CTactical
10-17-08, 23:15
Congratulations! That's great that he's improving. My prayers are with you. I know what it is like to have one of your children hooked up to everything and in the hospital - we almost lost my daughter last year to complications from the 0157 e.coli strain. On a happier note, we too just brought home our baby boy, born on October 14th. My wife had a c-section as well, but fortunately my son was full term. Again, prayers are with you!

Honu
10-17-08, 23:36
congrats and prayers for you :)

MarshallDodge
10-17-08, 23:38
Congrats!

You and your family will be in our prayers. :)

chadbag
10-18-08, 00:15
Congrats and our prayers for you are being said as well.

My wife had a C-section in January -- her second. The baby daughter was full term and it was planned so it went really smoothly. Our son (now 5 -- same Jan bday as our daughter) was an unplanned C-section as he did not fit out the chute and she started to swell and close up. That one was hard and she had a hard recovery. So take care of your wife -- a c-section is a traumatic experience for the man to watch, let alone for the wife and her body...

Good luck and God's blessings on your boy. The hardest thing for me to see are babies and children all hooked up to medical equipment.

Bushytale
10-18-08, 04:14
prayers going out for you and your family!

Curry
10-18-08, 04:33
Congrats on the new baby! Children are awesome. Congrats Dad!!

Robb Jensen
10-18-08, 06:40
Congrats!

DrMark
10-18-08, 09:14
Congratulations, dsmguy7.

Prayers sent!

cavscout82nd
10-18-08, 09:51
Congrats!! Children are a gift from God; prayers for you and yours.

JediMindTricks
10-18-08, 09:56
Congrats, and many blessings.

Cold Zero
10-18-08, 10:00
Congrats on the new addition to your family.

28_days
10-18-08, 10:41
Congratulations! :D

dsmguy7
10-18-08, 14:13

3CTactical
10-18-08, 19:11
Glad to hear things are getting better. I too hate seeing kids/babies hooked up to medical equipment as eguns-com said. My son weighed 10lbs. 13oz :eek: - hence the necessity of that c-section! It is amazing the feelings and emotions you'll experience with your kids. It is as close to unconditional love as I think is possible to experience this side of heaven :p

LMT556
10-18-08, 19:24
Congrats!!!

pmarcusm
10-18-08, 21:31
All will be fine, I just had twins recently and experienced some of the things you are going through, so I know exactly how you feel. My daughter had the oxygen issue and slow feeding, but they get passed it. My son was eating within 30 minutes of being born, so I know he really belongs to me!!
Congrats and sure hope went your son makes it home that you get a good night sleep at least once a week :D

Marcus

PS: My son got to put his hands on my new LMT piston rifle that I got on Friday and I sure can't wait for the twins to go with daddy to shoot!!

Mahk
10-19-08, 19:56
Congratulations!

Tungsten
10-20-08, 08:59
Prayers sent, and congratulations!

dsmguy7
10-20-08, 12:49

chadbag
10-20-08, 13:06
Poor guy gets circumsized today :eek:. I know it's necessary, but I hate it.

At least the modern way of doing it is much better. When my son was circumcised 5 years ago they just stuck a little plastic ring under the foreskin and let it fall off naturally or something like that. Better than a knife!

Safetyhit
10-20-08, 13:39
Congratulations!

Really hope the little guy gets that tube out soon, but otherwise sounds like he will be fine.

dsmguy7
10-24-08, 15:54

ZDL
10-24-08, 16:18
Well, the tough lil son of a gun pulled out his own nose tube yesterday; and has been feeding well ever since. They say he might come home Sunday! :D Thank you all for the congrats and prayers.

GREAT NEWS!!

WillC
10-25-08, 18:21
Good to hear ... interestingly my wife delivered our daughter via c-section as well on the 10th.

dsmguy7
10-30-08, 15:40

chadbag
10-30-08, 15:49
Congrats on the dude coming home!

My suggestion:

Get a Maya Wrap (or similar S American style baby sling) (http://www.mayawrap.com/ no I have no interest in the company and get nothing from it) and YOU, the dad, carry the baby when you go out in public.

Your baby will have more than enough attachment to mom as caregiver and milk bottle. If you are the prime carrier in public and use an up close and personal sling like the Maya wrap your kid will develop a strong and close relationship with you.

I am doing this now with our 9 month old daughter and did it with our 5 year old son when he was a baby (up through 18 months or more) and both have very strong daddy attachments and like (as well as mommy).

Plus, your wife carried the baby for 9 months -- now it is your turn...

Don't carry the baby around in the car seat carrier like most people do. That is an impersonal detached way of doing it. The babies like to hear your heart beat and feel your body heat and also smell your smells. (disclaimer: I occasionally do carry the daughter now that she is 9months in the car seat if I stop to pick up milk or something and don't have the sling with me in the truck or car but I try and avoid it in most cases)

Chad

Bat Guano
10-30-08, 23:34
Congratulations. Mine are both around 30 now, and I truly miss those hectic days--gives you a real reason for living.

Just to show you what they can and will do--my son soloed at age 16, now flies commercially, is bumping 5000 hours now. My daughter went to Gunsite at 21. She called me today--drove a team of two Belgian draft horses for the first time @ 2000 pounds (?!) apiece; higher than a kite.

They sure changed my life, and all for the better.

God bless you and your family.

SwatDawg15
10-31-08, 04:07
Congrats man :o

Shotdown
10-31-08, 05:11
Awesome to hear. Congrats :D

HAMMERDROP
10-31-08, 09:14
I'd like one ... Congratulations ... ONE SHOT ...ONE BABY, sounds like you hit the target dead center !

Michael

dsmguy7
10-31-08, 09:18

Ryo
10-31-08, 18:05
Congratulations. Baby's are a wonder.

M1A2_Tanker
11-01-08, 01:37
Congrats on the dude coming home!

My suggestion:

Get a Maya Wrap (or similar S American style baby sling) (http://www.mayawrap.com/ no I have no interest in the company and get nothing from it) and YOU, the dad, carry the baby when you go out in public.

Your baby will have more than enough attachment to mom as caregiver and milk bottle. If you are the prime carrier in public and use an up close and personal sling like the Maya wrap your kid will develop a strong and close relationship with you.

I am doing this now with our 9 month old daughter and did it with our 5 year old son when he was a baby (up through 18 months or more) and both have very strong daddy attachments and like (as well as mommy).

Plus, your wife carried the baby for 9 months -- now it is your turn...

Don't carry the baby around in the car seat carrier like most people do. That is an impersonal detached way of doing it. The babies like to hear your heart beat and feel your body heat and also smell your smells. (disclaimer: I occasionally do carry the daughter now that she is 9months in the car seat if I stop to pick up milk or something and don't have the sling with me in the truck or car but I try and avoid it in most cases)

Chad

+1 100%

I'de also like to add you'll get hit in the face with alot of cleavage from all the ladies wanting to see the new baby! WAIT dont call me a pervert yet..... my wife was the one who noticed it not me!:D

Congrates man! Enjoy him, he is a blessing. I learned with my first that you cannot make up lost time no matter how hard you try! Not just time but Quality time.

dsmguy7
11-29-08, 00:48