PDA

View Full Version : Owner of X-Products thinks the 2nd is a "privileged"

AKDoug
02-20-18, 13:58
I don't get how people in the gun accessory industry don't get what constitutionally protected means..

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/20/x-products-owner-james-malarkey-thinks-the-magazines-he-sells-should-be-restricted-by-law/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

HeruMew
02-20-18, 14:12
I didn't buy X-Products shitey mags to begin with; sure as shite won't now.

Glad his message is clear so mine can be too: Bye. Hope you enjoyed your money train when it was here. Out of the 10,000 mags a year you sell, I am willing to bet over 90% are now debating whether or not they should have.

D-60s are better anyways.

AKDoug
02-20-18, 14:17
The trolling on their X-Products Facebook page is epic right now. They can't seem to delete fast enough. Turns out Malarkey's wife also had a fundraiser for Every Town for Gun Safety going on in December that someone dug up. (easy to find..) https://www.facebook.com/donate/335455136934097/335455140267430/

223to45
02-20-18, 14:22
Well hope people wise up and quit buying from these people.

We has a gun store here that NOW feels the need to restrict AR15 sales to 21 and older only.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Averageman
02-20-18, 14:27
With a name like Malarkey, what did you expect?

Diamondback
02-20-18, 14:28
"We got a Burn Notice on you, you're Blacklisted."

AKDoug
02-20-18, 14:49
"We got a Burn Notice on you, you're Blacklisted."

I miss that show.. I never had a thing for small chested women, but Fi turns my crank.

AndyLate
02-20-18, 15:03
Deleted due to low knowledge base.

Arik
02-20-18, 15:04
The trolling on their X-Products Facebook page is epic right now. They can't seem to delete fast enough. Turns out Malarkey's wife also had a fundraiser for Every Town for Gun Safety going on in December that someone dug up. (easy to find..) https://www.facebook.com/donate/335455136934097/335455140267430/Looks like they turned off the comments

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

grnamin
02-20-18, 15:05
That reminds me of some idiots, during Congressional hearings, would refuse to answer questions, citing their 5th amendment "privilege". I'd find myself shouting at the TV, "it's a right, not a privilege, you idiot!"

chuckman
02-20-18, 15:06
Well, bye.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-20-18, 15:29
Looks like they turned off the comments

You can still comment on their post but they turned off reviews. Evidently their reviews tanked before they turned them off.

Arik
02-20-18, 15:32
You can still comment on their post but they turned off reviews. Evidently their reviews tanked before they turned them off.I don't have FB. I can see pages if they aren't set to private or age restricted

Whiskey_Bravo
02-20-18, 15:33
I don't have FB. I can see pages if they aren't set to private or age restricted

You are better off without it.

SteyrAUG
02-20-18, 15:48
About the only good (and I hesitate to say anything associated with tragedy is good) thing to come out of these situations is you find out who is on your team and who really isn't.

I left Ruger and S&W products on the shelf for a decade. Wouldn't buy them, wouldn't sell them and wouldn't do transfers of their products.

When things looked bad last time Magpul moved out of CO and said "f the antis." I bought a shit ton of Pmags even though I had something like 400+ AR mags already.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-20-18, 16:02
When things looked bad last time Magpul moved out of CO and said "f the antis." I bought a shit ton of Pmags even though I had something like 400+ AR mags already.

I did the same thing. They are all still in the plastic bags.

26 Inf
02-20-18, 17:23
I don't get how people in the gun accessory industry don't get what constitutionally protected means..

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/20/x-products-owner-james-malarkey-thinks-the-magazines-he-sells-should-be-restricted-by-law/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I read that it hurt, but this also hurt:

Malarkey refers to firearms ownership as a privilege. It’s not. Firearms ownership is a right, endowed by the Creator and secured in the Bill of Rights.

I agree firearms ownership is a right guaranteed by the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, but other than freewill, I don't think God enters into the fray.

JMO

Diamondback
02-20-18, 17:59
Well, then, is Malarkey going to quit making his "dangerous death machines," or is he just spewing a load of Malarkey?

Bubba FAL
02-20-18, 19:40
Apparently, their site has been hacked. There is a stream of negative info in the news and press releases section.

All I can say is, "bye Felicia".

Diamondback
02-20-18, 19:44
Apparently, their site has been hacked. There is a stream of negative info in the news and press releases section.

All I can say is, "bye Felicia".

Can you say, "4chan Hard At Work"? :D

Arik
02-20-18, 19:51
Not seeing anything hacked

Diamondback
02-20-18, 19:52
Not seeing anything hacked

Damn, I missed the fun then...

Vgex2
02-20-18, 20:36
Dang. I've been waiting for their can-cannon to go on sale again. I'll live without it. That's a shame, bookmark deleted.

soulezoo
02-20-18, 21:27
I sent my nasty gram

AKDoug
02-20-18, 21:33
Turns out Malarkey is also a partner in Emerge Social, a web design firm that deals with a few companies in the firearms industry. http://www.emergesocial.net/web-design-seo/

Looks like he's from the Malarkey family that owns Malarkey Roofing Products a HUGE supplier of roofing shingles in this country.

HeruMew
02-22-18, 12:51
X-Products released a statement a couple days ago on facebook... Maybe yesterday, stating that Melarkey doesn't represent the companies values.

Okay... He's the CEO... The Chief Executive Officer, doesn't represent the company... He also is a co-owner... Who OWNS part of the company. How they thought that was a smart back peddle is far, far beyond me.

Diamondback
02-22-18, 13:04
X-Products released a statement a couple days ago on facebook... Maybe yesterday, stating that Melarkey doesn't represent the companies values.

Okay... He's the CEO... The Chief Executive Officer, doesn't represent the company... He also is a co-owner... Who OWNS part of the company. How they thought that was a smart back peddle is far, far beyond me.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/99/99becb66592a46dd54823dcc4e2f4a1c8a66e90b0ca4772d9ee98d3df89a87d7.jpg

_Stormin_
02-23-18, 09:21
Yeah, they’re simply done now. It’s a shame for the people who came into that job and got a paycheck. To hell with the owner...

MegademiC
02-23-18, 12:13
I read that it hurt, but this also hurt:

Malarkey refers to firearms ownership as a privilege. It’s not. Firearms ownership is a right, endowed by the Creator and secured in the Bill of Rights.

I agree firearms ownership is a right guaranteed by the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights, but other than freewill, I don't think God enters into the fray.

JMO

Creator is a catch-all. It means it comes from something bigger than government, its not granted by humans.
Everyone has a “god”. Maybe the big bang is your Creator, the point still remains. Its natural to defend yourself.
Taking firearms is like cutting wildabeast horns off to “save them”. Makes the lion’s job easier.

ramairthree
02-23-18, 16:07
They can back pedal all they want.

If the co-owner/CEO is not giving official company policy, something is afoot.

After about 120k of federal taxes, and 25k of state income taxes are paid, I have a lot left over to spend on gun stuff.

Not a dime will be going to this company.

SOWT
02-23-18, 19:33
Dang. I've been waiting for their can-cannon to go on sale again. I'll live without it. That's a shame, bookmark deleted.

I'll sell ya my never fired can-canon...

Big A
02-27-18, 14:38
Apparently Mrs. Malarkey likes to donate money to anti 2A groups like every town for gun safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUqvfq5ZNHw

What a bunch of malarkey...

RetroRevolver77
02-27-18, 15:02
The 2nd Amendment is just written on a piece of paper, it means nothing unless people are willing to defend it.

kwelz
02-27-18, 16:21
Looks like there was a bit of a coup at the company.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/26/james-malarkey-no-longer-ceo-of-x-products/

Arik
02-27-18, 18:12

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/26/james-malarkey-no-longer-ceo-of-x-products/Most likely he just stepped away as a public face/CEO of the company. Other than his letterhead changing I doubt anything else has. It's not like this is fortune 500 or a major corporation

Kain
02-27-18, 18:18
Most likely he just stepped away as a public face/CEO of the company. Other than his letterhead changing I doubt anything else has. It's not like this is fortune 500 or a major corporation

That was my thoughts. If he is anyway still involved, and considering how vindictive and the way this community remembers, Where is my pepperidge farm meme?, I would say their market share is going to plummet. And with the D60 coming on hot and heavy for many, they will have an even smaller share.

_Stormin_
02-27-18, 21:15

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/26/james-malarkey-no-longer-ceo-of-x-products/
Means nothing... Between this and his wife fundraising for Bloomberg for Gun Safety (or do they still call it every town?), this is a person solidly in the toilet for everyone in the know within the firearms community.

I did actually read his moonbat post on the gun licensing scheme he dreams about. I love that it includes a credit check. Can’t have those uppity poor folk trying to arm up!!! What a tool bag...

SteyrAUG
02-27-18, 21:50
Honestly, never heard of X products prior to this and after visiting their page I don't see anything I'd need anyway. Just gonna keep ordering Magpul stuff I guess.

Arik
02-27-18, 21:58
Honestly, never heard of X products prior to this and after visiting their page I don't see anything I'd need anyway. Just gonna keep ordering Magpul stuff I guess.I've seen their stuff advertised but I'm not paying several hundred dollars for a a 50 round mag.

SteyrAUG
02-27-18, 23:11
I've seen their stuff advertised but I'm not paying several hundred dollars for a a 50 round mag.

No joke. Give me two 30s.

Diamondback
02-28-18, 01:54
I've seen their stuff advertised but I'm not paying several hundred dollars for a a 50 round mag.

Several hundred for ONE fifty. Several hundred for TWO or THREE Magpul D60s. LemmethinkNOSALE, Advantage Magpul.

SOWT
03-08-18, 11:04

I'll sell ya my never fired can-cannon.