PDA

View Full Version : The Blacklist: Kapos - Industry Collaborators With Anti-Gunners

Diamondback
02-20-18, 14:42
Thought it was time to start a Blacklist of manufacturers and retailers who've sold out on the 2A chasing a little temporary gain or Virtue Signaling...

MANUFACTURERS
Troy Industries - hired multiple anti-gun LEOs including Jody Weis and one of the Ruby Ridgers
H-S Precision - hired Mommy-Murderin' Lon Horiuchi as their spokesman
X Products - gimmick AR accessory manufacturer, just threw customers under the bus - http://soldiersystems.net/2018/02/20/x-products-owner-james-malarkey-thinks-the-magazines-he-sells-should-be-restricted-by-law/

RETAILERS
WA - Seattle area - LowPriceGuns - https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/lgs-enacts-harsher-restrictions-than-ssb-5444-as-to-compromise-away-rights-for-promise-from-antis.263507/

THE "GRAYLIST" - Questionables

If you make a nomination, I'm going to ask you to include a link documenting the reason why.

223to45
02-20-18, 14:53
Now if we can get everybody onboard, it might send a message.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Diamondback
02-20-18, 14:58
Now if we can get everybody onboard, it might send a message.

First step is to Name 'Em and Shame 'Em...

223to45
02-20-18, 15:00
First step is to Name 'Em and Shame 'Em...What is with Optic planet??

I must have missed something with them.

Diamondback
02-20-18, 15:05
What is with Optic planet??

I must have missed something with them.

"We only sell Klinton Klips," blaming IL law when their subsidiary Dvor still sells full-caps, mentioned in another thread here. If Dvor is in a different county with different restrictions, I can see it, but there are questions. I'll still do business with 'em until proven BS, but I can see why some might not, so the Graylist was intended as a middle ground "flags raised, research and decide for yourself."

SomeOtherGuy
02-20-18, 15:09
I don't think Opticsplanet belongs here. Their stated reason is that Northbrook, IL, in Cook County, where they have their site doesn't allow normal capacity mags. I have always wondered about the numerous companies that ship items from warehouses located where I couldn't buy/possess the item under local law, and I guess OP decided they had an issue.

Article (read all the way down):
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/19/breaking-optics-planet-magazine-sales-restrictions-try-looking-deeper/

Without more proof I think OP is just another business. I can't blame a business for avoiding legal trouble, and it's asking a lot to think they will just up and move. Of course they could open a satellite warehouse in an area without restrictions, like Botach did before it moved everything to Nevada, but magazines aren't their main focus and they may have decided it isn't worth the cost and hassle for a few sales.

SteyrAUG
02-20-18, 15:33
"We only sell Klinton Klips," blaming IL law when their subsidiary Dvor still sells full-caps, mentioned in another thread here. If Dvor is in a different county with different restrictions, I can see it, but there are questions. I'll still do business with 'em until proven BS, but I can see why some might not, so the Graylist was intended as a middle ground "flags raised, research and decide for yourself."

Didn't we just lock that thread because somebody pointed out they are selling high caps? I'm all for a black list, but we should keep things very "innocent until proven guilty." Very few people are going to do an informed search for themselves, a lot of people just read the name and think "f em, never again" and then we've hurt somebodies business over something that is completely untrue.

TomMcC
02-20-18, 16:04
I emailed X Products that I won't be buying their crap because of their owner's brilliant ideas.

Diamondback
02-20-18, 16:07
Didn't we just lock that thread because somebody pointed out they are selling high caps? I'm all for a black list, but we should keep things very "innocent until proven guilty." Very few people are going to do an informed search for themselves, a lot of people just read the name and think "f em, never again" and then we've hurt somebodies business over something that is completely untrue.

Steyr, that's why I put them in a separate "Gray List." I'll strike 'em for now.

223to45
02-20-18, 16:11
Well it looks like we can add Donald Trump to the black list.

Can't link from my phone app.

It is on Fox news.

SteyrAUG
02-20-18, 19:24
Steyr, that's why I put them in a separate "Gray List." I'll strike 'em for now.

This stuff should probably be black and white, gray can target a friendly. I'm all for Zumboing a Zumbo but we need to be 100% sure before we put anyone on a list. I'm all for a black list, if "second amendment" related companies prove to be fair weather friends then F em, but like Cooper said, "be sure of your target."

And if a company is limited by local laws, then the local laws need to be targeted, not the company. I applaud Magpul for bailing on CO, but I understand not every company can reasonably do so and they are stuck behind enemy lines.