PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pins

ARCraw
10-17-08, 22:01
Anyone use this pin setup?

http://dynamicarmament.com/items/kns-precision~inc-/kns-gen-ii-mod-ii-non-rotating-trigger-hammer-pins-154-small-pin-gen-2-mod-2-black-detail.htm

I am curious, because I plan to purchace a timney trigger and would like to ensure I do not have any pin issues.

Thanks.

Andre

DedEye
10-18-08, 01:11
Skip 'em. Unnecessary for just about everyone (unless you're running full auto). I've got a Timney and use standard trigger pins. I had one pin walk out on me because I hadn't tightened down the screw enough in the trigger. Just make sure you tighten the allen screw enough and you'll be fine.

Shihan
10-19-08, 02:02
I use the Timney triggers and I use the KNS pins in them as a matter of fact I use them now in all my lowers.

Iraqgunz
10-20-08, 02:16
Why would you need them if you are running full auto? We run 3 shot burst and full auto in the military with standard pins. They key is to replace worn parts when necessary-hammer spring and trigger spring. Never had pins walk out on me.

Skip 'em. Unnecessary for just about everyone (unless you're running full auto). I've got a Timney and use standard trigger pins. I had one pin walk out on me because I hadn't tightened down the screw enough in the trigger. Just make sure you tighten the allen screw enough and you'll be fine.

Parabellum9x19mm
10-20-08, 02:25

if you're using a cassette style trigger, like a Timney, at the very least you want to use anti-walk pins.

while you're at it you might as well just go for the KNS anti spin pins.

I've only used them on one build, but that was just because MarkM disapproves of them. That was reason enough for me :p