PDA

View Full Version : Review: G19X w/ Shooting Results

ST911
02-25-18, 16:34
Summary of observations after about one month with my G19X. These are based on shooting this gun almost exclusively during that time, uniformed LE carry, plain-clothes and CCW carry, public and LE demonstration and instruction, and some USPSA club matches. Information following is based on actual first-hand experience carrying and using the gun, not conjecture or third party information. There are no pertinent disclosures.

https://i.imgur.com/SlCp9gr.jpg

Unboxing

Blue label guns are flowing slower than commercial. 19X is priced higher than other gen4 and 5.

The box is brown, and includes all the usual manuals and safety brochures.

The gun is supplied with 1-17rd mag, and 2-19rd mags, four color matched M and L backstraps with and without beavertails.

Shipped with standard Glock NS.

The polymer has colorant throughout, the coyote is not an external application.

Slide cover plate, barrel, sights, and controls, and internals are black or silver.

Front corners of slide and dustcover are blended.

First Shots

Immediately after purchase, I took the gun to the range with an assortment of carry and training ammo from my armory. No inspection, cleaning, or lubrication was done. I opened the box, filled magazines, and fired 400 rounds of various drills in a little over an hour. There were no malfunctions. The Glock OEM night sights shot POA/POI. Ammunition used:

200 rounds BHA 115 FMJ
50 rounds BHA 115gr TAC-XP
50 rounds Speer GDHP G2
50 rounds Federal 147 HST
50 rounds Speer Lawman 147 TMJ

Slide

Depending on the lighting, slide appearance is dull copper, bronze, FDE, sand, gold, and shades in between.

RSA is marked 1_7. The same RSA is in the gen5 G19.

The inside of the slide forward of the ejection port takes on a purple color in some light.

https://i.imgur.com/swGpxDX.jpg

Late in this process I replaced the OEM night sights with Ameriglo Agents, #GL5517. These sights were GTG in all types of lighting indoors and outdoors. 147gr rounds run a smidgen high, but everything else is at or near enough to POA to not bother with further fine-tuning. Target below is 10rds standing offhand at 25yds.

https://i.imgur.com/fv1Fg34.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LtDOsOf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CWLzncu.jpg

Barrel

The new GMB shoots as well as I am capable of, and better shooters can wring it out further. When shooting 25yd groups off hand my overall group size is comparable to gens 1-4. I do notice smaller clusters of my well-placed rounds in the 9/10 rings.

Receiver

The extension/lip at the bottom front of the mag well is no bother, and extends no lower than the magazine floorplate it sits in front of.

Mag well dimension is gen4 type, no flaring.

Lanyard ring is easily removable, press a punch into the hole and pull lanyard ring. Reinstalls as easily.

The magazine release has a rounder edge and seems like it stands out a bit more than gen5 G17/19s on hand. Part number for the 19X release is #8794, gen5 is #7534. I like the 19X release better.

https://i.imgur.com/3Q7APHw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/thHWqvL.jpg

19X trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #47021. Gen5 trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #30274. The trigger press on both is a smooth rolling break without apparent wall. I perceive that the 19X is a little smoother.

Checkering on front strap, back strap, and side panels is 11-1/2 lpi on the gauge.

Fouling is obviously much more apparent on the coyote receiver than black. My frame is stained in a few spots, but it’s of no matter to me. Some will be bothered by this.

https://i.imgur.com/iVhvMcM.jpg

Magazines

Magazine spring in the 17rd is 10-coil. The 19rd (+) mags it is 11-coil.

(+) extensions are the same design as the existing 7151 black.

Pmag 17s and 21s were used at various points and work fine.

Concerns over gen5 magazine compatibility are overstated. The number of G19Xs in circulation is low. Gen5 G17/34 and their magazines are still outnumbered many fold by earlier versions. It’s largely a non-issue for the vast majority of users, and a 19x user can easily swap or tweak gen5 floorplates.

Holsters

Holsters for existing gen1-4 models mostly work. If they flex or otherwise have clearance for the right side slide stop lever no mods are needed. Tightly molded kydex may need to be remolded or trimmed. Some duty holsters were tight enough that the gun dragged at the slide stop during presentation. Those bodies or their liners will need to be trimmed, molded, or replaced. My daily use holsters have been a Safariland 7390 and CCC Shaggy AIWB. The 7390 required no modification. I trimmed a small notch in the Shaggy for the (r) slide stop.

Concealing the 19X requires no more effort than a G17 or G34, which I have also done for extended periods in similar applications.

https://i.imgur.com/gTKEjSq.jpg

Shooting

As of this post precisely 2,838 rounds of 15 unique cartridges have been fired through the gun. There have been five shooters, ages ~15-50, four men and one woman.

50 Black Hills Ammunition 115 TAC-XP
1392 Black Hills Ammunition 115 FMJ
90 Black Hills Ammunition 124 JHP-XTP
37 Black Hills Ammunition Honey Badger
90 Federal 147 HST
90 Speer 147 GDHP G2
100 Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
100 Federal AE 115 FMJ
50 Blazer Brass 115 FMJ
50 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ
*100 ICC Green Elite 100 lead free frang
135 Remington Disintegrator 101 lead free frang
162 Speer Lawman 100 RHT lead free frang
338 Ultramax 115 FMJ reman
54 Winchester 115 FMJ (Q4172)

There was only one malfunction with the ICC Green Elite lead free frangible. This is not uncommon and the ammunition has a spotty history with me. All other ammunition functioned reliably. Range activities include OH, SHO, WHO, exaggerated minimal gripping.

The 19X is a shooter’s gun. The 19-length slide cycles, lifts, and returns quickly with little to no muzzle oscillation. The full size grip allows full-handed control, a quick master grip at the holster, and additional (internal) ammunition capacity. Despite criticism of the 19 slide on a 17 grip, I found this much more favorable for actually running the gun than a 17 slide/19 grip configuration.

https://i.imgur.com/vztE9HK.jpg

I found the 19X particularly agreeable when shooting SHO and WHO. It was most pronounced during an extended session with my ballistic shield, which creates irregular support, angles, and sight pictures.

https://i.imgur.com/Yc1bLWI.jpg

Inconsistent ejection pattern and so-called “BTF” was evident with some combinations of shooter-task-ammo. In other combinations, ejection was strong and consistent. During the 1911 extractor test only about 30% of cases ejected via the port. Most of the remainder went down the well. A few stove-piped. The last round in any given magazine extracted and ejected properly without stoppage.

Accelerated finish wear to the barrel and slide stop levers is evident, and much greater than previous Glock generations. Earlier (gen1-4) haven’t shown such wear for tens of thousands of rounds of shooting and handling. There was no parts failure or corrosion, just cosmetic effect.

https://i.imgur.com/VKppnPO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aMhceZc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KxfPcG7.jpg

Didn’t Dos

Other than sight replacement and the gl9 pmags, I didn’t check any aftermarket parts or their functionality, nor any swaps of OEM parts between any other Glocks. Other owners will have to supply that information. No WML use yet.

Wants

A 19X in black. Current color limits sales for agency, individual LEO, security, and other professional users. Many are overly concerned with color, and this gun isn’t an option for them as-is. The public is largely indifferent, and only gun-guys commented on mine during uniformed carry.

Include the orange high-visibility follower of the gen5s in any future 19X magazines.

Make the 19X available with other gen5 OEM sight options, such as the Bold/FBI.

sndt1319
02-25-18, 17:42
ST911,

Have you shot a Gen 5 G17? How does this compare? I'm looking to get one of these two pistols in the future as I bought some magpul glock mags before the election in case things when nuts again and now I figure I should buy the gun to match the mags. I've got XXL sized hands so standard G19's don't work for me. I've had one before and the grip is too short.

Wake27
02-25-18, 17:51
Thanks for the detailed review, I'll second all of your wants. This appeals to me more than the Gen 5s at the moment. I wonder why the ejectors are different though.

HeruMew
02-25-18, 18:21
What an awesome review!

Considering I had questions you answered when I was interested in the 19x Model.

Detailed, but quick and to the point. Well written and informative with great insight into multiple roles.

Evan_O
02-25-18, 21:14
Very well done and thank you ST911. My agency frowns on anything not "tactical black" so I have high hopes Glock releases them in black at some point.

ST911
02-25-18, 21:29
Have you shot a Gen 5 G17? How does this compare? I'm looking to get one of these two pistols in the future as I bought some magpul glock mags before the election in case things when nuts again and now I figure I should buy the gun to match the mags. I've got XXL sized hands so standard G19's don't work for me. I've had one before and the grip is too short.

I think the 19X shoots a little flatter, tracks more easily, and returns to level a little quicker that the gen5 G17. At some point we're down in the weeds, but it's there if you know what you're seeing. I've been telling people on the fence between a 17 and an X to get the X. If for no other reason, you're getting extra capacity mags, night sights, and some additional resale value for little more money.

nightchief
02-25-18, 22:31
Great review! Would you elaborate on what the 1911 extractor test is please...

NC

Wake27
02-25-18, 23:11
Great review! Would you elaborate on what the 1911 extractor test is please...

NC

Very common test for 1911s, I think pioneered by Hilton Yam. I’ve never understood why people do them on any other gun though, I believe it is pretty specific to the 1911 and not really applicable to other platforms.

Fire 16 rounds without a magazine inserted. 8 two handed, 8 strong hand only. Cases must eject between 2-5 o'clock. If a case goes forward, left, stovepipe, to the face, or falls through the mag well, the pistol has failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MountainRaven
02-26-18, 00:34
Very common test for 1911s, I think pioneered by Hilton Yam. I’ve never understood why people do them on any other gun though, I believe it is pretty specific to the 1911 and not really applicable to other platforms.

Fire 16 rounds without a magazine inserted. 8 two handed, 8 strong hand only. Cases must eject between 2-5 o'clock. If a case goes forward, left, stovepipe, to the face, or falls through the mag well, the pistol has failed.

I believe Yam got it from Vickers who got it from Hackathorn - at least that's what I recall Yam having said in the past about it.

To add: The test is chiefly one aimed at ensuring the pistol has appropriate tension from the extractor on the rim of the spent case. If there is insufficient tension - whether it's because the extractor spring (when applicable) is worn, the extractor geometry is off, or whatever - the spent case can slide up/down/left/right on the breach face (hence removing the magazine, which can sometimes act as a guide on the spent case to get it to be retained well enough by the extractor to hit the ejector), which can then induce the ejector to impact the round in funny places and cause the ejection pattern to be erratic. Or allow the casing to fall down the mag well.

AndyLate
02-26-18, 05:55
Deleted due to low knowledge base.

ST911
02-26-18, 07:38
Great review! Would you elaborate on what the 1911 extractor test is please...NC

I expected someone to ask about it, so I did it preemptively. In my experience, performance on the test has no correlation to reliability of the Glock.

Understanding the 1911 Extractor Test
by Tim Lau
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=131

CAVDOC
02-26-18, 14:05
Agree the 1911 extractor text has no application what so ever to a Glock. Having fired a single
Round without a mag in place a number of times I can say almost invariably the empty drops through the mag well and this in no way indicates a problem

Evan_O
02-26-18, 21:34
Agree the 1911 extractor text has no application what so ever to a Glock. Having fired a single
Round without a mag in place a number of times I can say almost invariably the empty drops through the mag well and this in no way indicates a problem

Right you are. The last time I went through the Glock armorer course the instructor said the magazine was a part of the extraction process and aided in extraction. I know I have problems with ejecting brass when using a Magpul versus when I use a factory Glock magazine. I don't think Magpul is manufactured to the same standard, thus poor ejection. Just a theory...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-26-18, 22:23
Right you are. The last time I went through the Glock armorer course the instructor said the magazine was a part of the extraction process and aided in extraction. I know I have problems with ejecting brass when using a Magpul versus when I use a factory Glock magazine. I don't think Magpul is manufactured to the same standard, thus poor ejection. Just a theory...

I had similar extraction issues with the PMAGS

T2C
02-27-18, 08:32
Great review. I appreciate the comparison to a Glock 17 slide/Glock 19 grip combination, because some have said that would be preferable.

Mr. Greene
02-27-18, 09:43
wait is the 19X available on the blue label program? if so I may have to get one

ST911
02-27-18, 12:13
wait is the 19X available on the blue label program? if so I may have to get one

Yes. Still more than other gen5s, but not quite commercial pricing.

noonesshowmonkey
02-27-18, 13:49
One of the most significant benefits of this particular configuration for a professional user is the duty-sized magazine capacity on a shorter slide, which allows the weapon on a duty rig to not dig quite so hard or so deep on common vehicle seats while rigged up. Any 17/22/21/34/35 or other full-to-competition sized weapons, especially when set up with a light and/or mounted on a mid or low ride UBL, will dig muzzle first into the seat, pressing a rig up into your body, often altering your hip/back alignment. Such misalignment will, over hours and days and months, cause serious problems. Further, such a relationship can misalign the weapon, making drawing while seated slightly more challenging than need be. For me, carrying a 19/23 sized weapon has always been easier in a vehicle, and I often did so with extensions already in place, making the mags 15+2s, or the nominal size of the 19X.

gunnerblue
02-27-18, 14:35
One of the most significant benefits of this particular configuration for a professional user is the duty-sized magazine capacity on a shorter slide, which allows the weapon on a duty rig to not dig quite so hard or so deep on common vehicle seats while rigged up. Any 17/22/21/34/35 or other full-to-competition sized weapons, especially when set up with a light and/or mounted on a mid or low ride UBL, will dig muzzle first into the seat, pressing a rig up into your body, often altering your hip/back alignment. Such misalignment will, over hours and days and months, cause serious problems. Further, such a relationship can misalign the weapon, making drawing while seated slightly more challenging than need be. For me, carrying a 19/23 sized weapon has always been easier in a vehicle, and I often did so with extensions already in place, making the mags 15+2s, or the nominal size of the 19X.

I handled one at a gun show recently and these are my thoughts exactly. I found the grip frame very comfortable overall.

sndt1319
02-27-18, 21:45
I think the 19X shoots a little flatter, tracks more easily, and returns to level a little quicker that the gen5 G17. At some point we're down in the weeds, but it's there if you know what you're seeing. I've been telling people on the fence between a 17 and an X to get the X. If for no other reason, you're getting extra capacity mags, night sights, and some additional resale value for little more money.

I'm going to try and pick one up on Saturday. There is a high volume blue label dealer about 80 minutes away. They will only hold a gun for 24 hours so I can call on Friday. I'm going to sell my M&P9c that I never shoot to help offset some of the cost. I bought that gun thinking I would get used to the short grip but with my big ass hands it was just never comfortable to shoot and hasn't been touched in a couple of years.

PLCedeno
03-02-18, 18:11
I absolutely love the way mine shoots, handles and where the front sight sits. I'm a G17 shooter and have been that primarily for 24 years. My eyes have changed and i need to have the sight exactly where it is on this gun. I have scored very well with the G26 because i can see the front sight clearly but the grip size is a challenge. Conversely the G34 handled great but i could not focus on the sight regardless of type. I know this is a unique problem but it is one solved by the G19X.

WickedWillis
03-02-18, 18:36
I absolutely love the way mine shoots, handles and where the front sight sits. I'm a G17 shooter and have been that primarily for 24 years. My eyes have changed and i need to have the sight exactly where it is on this gun. I have scored very well with the G26 because i can see the front sight clearly but the grip size is a challenge. Conversely the G34 handled great but i could not focus on the sight regardless of type. I know this is a unique problem but it is one solved by the G19X.

I'm glad this came out then for you. If this hits that "happy spot" for your eyes that is truly awesome Cedeno.

EzGoingKev
03-03-18, 12:12
19X trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #47021. Gen5 trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #30274.

Interesting. I just picked up a Gen5 trigger housing from Brownells. It has a 30274 ejector in it.

Would it be possible to post some pics of the 47021 ejector?

ST911
03-03-18, 14:03
Would it be possible to post some pics of the 47021 ejector?

https://i.imgur.com/JveWRzk.jpg

EzGoingKev
03-03-18, 14:34
Thanks for the pic but I was hoping to see the part that contacts the round to see how it compares to the 30274 ejector.

On another note, if you look at the trigger bar in the pic is there material flaking off or is that how it is machined?

Also that trigger housing is a different design than the older Glocks.

ST911
03-03-18, 14:55
Thanks for the pic but I was hoping to see the part that contacts the round to see how it compares to the 30274 ejector.

Yeah, I know. ;) I'll find another pic for you.

On another note, if you look at the trigger bar in the pic is there material flaking off or is that how it is machined?

Didn't notice, I'll look closer and report back.

EzGoingKev
03-03-18, 15:43
When I said the housing was different I mean the circled portion -

https://goo.gl/iSjXrd

sndt1319
03-03-18, 16:36
I'm going to try and pick one up on Saturday. There is a high volume blue label dealer about 80 minutes away. They will only hold a gun for 24 hours so I can call on Friday. I'm going to sell my M&P9c that I never shoot to help offset some of the cost. I bought that gun thinking I would get used to the short grip but with my big ass hands it was just never comfortable to shoot and hasn't been touched in a couple of years.

I tried 12 times to call the dealer yesterday to put one on hold and never got through. They have a machine that picks up and says that we are helping other customers and to try again later. My father lives close to the dealer so he drove in and said the place was packed. They sold the last 19X BL yesterday so my Dad put deposits down for both of us to get one. I guess the panic has set in.

Wake27
03-03-18, 17:13
I tried 12 times to call the dealer yesterday to put one on hold and never got through. They have a machine that picks up and says that we are helping other customers and to try again later. My father lives close to the dealer so he drove in and said the place was packed. They sold the last 19X BL yesterday so my Dad put deposits down for both of us to get one. I guess the panic has set in.

Panic buying and handguns don’t really go together.

MegademiC
03-03-18, 20:14

Last panic, someone I know panic-bought a shield... makes no sense, but people do it.:rolleyes:

RHINOWSO
03-03-18, 21:20
Last panic, someone I know panic-bought a shield... makes no sense, but people do it.:rolleyes:

Maybe not pistols, but people are grabbing semi-auto magazines for Glocks. The Brownells 10 packs for G17/34 and G19 are out of stock, having been around for months prior.

sndt1319
03-03-18, 23:20

This wasn't even a panic buy. I just decided to get a new pistol and it turns out locally people are going a little nuts. I do live in Oregon so the fears are likely founded here. I also could have gone to a different Blue label dealer but this is the highest volume dealer in the state and the others I talked to wanted a lot more money.

_Stormin_
03-04-18, 13:24
I think that most of the "panic" is people worried about state level bans on mag capacity.

I simply want the tan frame to make its way onto other Glock products.

zen_grasshopper
03-07-18, 05:33
Bring it with the next time you are on my side of the state. Guessing the classifier match? I like the idea of the gun, but I want to shoot one.

Jon

ST911
03-10-18, 16:42
Now 4,244 rounds, 16 loads, and still only 1 ammo related stoppage to date. Last week, a batch of skilled shooters ran 988 rounds of BHA 115 FMJ through the gun in about 45 minutes. At the same time, a gen5 G19 (ser#BGPS) shooting 675 rounds. No malfunctions. Most preferred the 19X.

I’ve been trying the AIWB Radian from Mastermind Tactics in their flash sale thread. Also checking out a bunch of BlackPoint Tactical gear as well. No carry issues.

2492 Black Hills Ammunition 115 FMJ
37 Black Hills Ammunition Honey Badger
90 Federal 147 HST
90 Speer 147 GDHP G2
48 Federal 147 JHP
100 Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
150 Federal AE 115 FMJ
93 Blazer Brass 115 FMJ
50 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ
377 Ultramax 115 FMJ reman
180 Winchester 115 FMJ (Q4172)

https://i.imgur.com/4l2uLwU.jpg

Roadblock
03-11-18, 18:43
Good read!

I want black too!

I'm going to make a custom GLOCK 19X in black. I'm going to Rit Dye a GLOCK 19X frame all black, works fine as I've already dyed a tan GLOCK 17 frame. Then I'm going to have JagerWerks (local shop) either Nitrade coat or Cerakote the 19X slide to go with the frame. That or run a GLOCK 19 Gen4 slide which also fits.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4777/26867546378_875e5021bb_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4787/40739520031_c99ddeee62_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4794/25868840287_7f12f2a5fd_b.jpg

Jsp10477
03-11-18, 20:57
I bought one of these on a whim. No malfunctions so far. I’ve put 500 rounds through it. It shoots very flat. It seems to be a little more accurate than the last Glock 17 I had. It carries well. The trigger is better than any other Glock I’ve owned before. I’ll probably keep this one.

ST911
06-16-18, 16:11
Now 6,630 rounds, 17 loads, 1 new load, and still only 1 ammo related stoppage to date. Since last report, I shot two pistol classes, several matches, and this gun continues to be the only one of the type on the range. Lubing periodically, cleaning very little and mostly just knocking the chunks out. Still my EDC.

3782 Black Hills Ammunition 115 FMJ
117 Black Hills Ammunition Honey Badger
90 Federal 147 HST
90 Speer 147 GDHP G2
48 Federal 147 JHP
400 Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
220 Federal AE 115 FMJ
646 Federal AE 147 FMJ
93 Blazer Brass 115 FMJ
50 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ

Damn_yankee
06-19-18, 13:27
I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I got a great deal locally on a very lightly used (only 200rds fired) 19X for $500. This after picking up a blue label G26.5 on Saturday. It's been a good week so far.:cool:

corey4
06-19-18, 15:25
I borrowed a buddies 19x and it seems to shoot flatter and softer than my gen4 17 and 19. But, it doesn't show up on the timer as being faster. I've only seen a few other people say this. Is it a gen5 characteristic or a 19x characteristic? Or is it just me? As far as accuracy, my gen4 17 is more accurate than my gen4 19 and 19x.

ST911
08-12-18, 20:30
Currently 8,057 rounds, 19 loads total, 2 new loads, still only 1 ammo related stoppage to date. FASTs are running ~5.5-6, consistent “Dark Pin” runs, with less consistent “Light Pins.” LAV “tests” in the 6-7 sec range. I shot some other 19Xs equipped with OEM night sights, reinforcing my strong preference for the Ameriglo Agents on my gun. The Black Point holster pictured and another variant are GTG. New RSA installed.

4643 Black Hills Ammunition 115 FMJ
171 Black Hills Ammunition 124 JHP-XTP +P
117 Black Hills Ammunition Honey Badger
90 Federal 147 HST
90 Speer 147 GDHP G2
48 Federal 147 JHP
233 Speer Lawman 124 TMJ
400 Speer Lawman 147 TMJ
220 Federal AE 115 FMJ
808 Federal AE 147 FMJ
93 Blazer Brass 115 FMJ
50 Blazer Brass 124 FMJ

Texaspoff
08-13-18, 06:59
Good read!

I want black too!

I'm going to make a custom GLOCK 19X in black. I'm going to Rit Dye a GLOCK 19X frame all black, works fine as I've already dyed a tan GLOCK 17 frame. Then I'm going to have JagerWerks (local shop) either Nitrade coat or Cerakote the 19X slide to go with the frame. That or run a GLOCK 19 Gen4 slide which also fits.

Already done, with a second one in progress. My third one is staying factory.....:)

https://i.imgur.com/QiZajRZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/99H3UC0.jpg

TXPO

RWH24
01-19-19, 17:30
Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
19X trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #47021. Gen5 trigger with trigger bar is #39701, ejector #30274.

Since i am a new Glock owner I have been reading articles I could find on 19x and Gen 5 guns.

In checking my 17 G5 it has the 30274 ejector. My 19 and 45 have the 47021 as does the 19x. I have not shot the G17 yet, so is the 17 going to BTF or dribble brass out as opposed to Kicking them out and gone?

Thanks for the great information for a new Glock owner.

26 Inf
01-19-19, 22:34
Thanks for bringing this back to the top.

This was an excellent review, helpful to those on the fence.

I have less than 1,000 through my 19X and it is my favorite Glock by far.

RWH24
01-20-19, 15:29
While I really like the G19x/45, I hate/HATE the DLC finish. It is too slick to grab hold of. I will have the G45 slide refinished in Cerakote or PVD.
A G17.5 will probably go to a new home. Not going to waste refinishing the slide.
The G19.5 slide is at ATEi, making it look like a G45 slide then let Doug and crew refinish it in black nitride.