PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Gun Shipment "Delays"

markm
02-28-18, 09:43
Anyone know what's up with the PO messing with gun (specifically pistol) shipments?

Pappabear and I have, between us, has 3 pistols ship this month through USPS, and all three have had 2-3 day delays at stops along the way.

1 close to the shipping origin back east, and two here at the Main post office close to us.

Outlander Systems
02-28-18, 09:45
Same. A particular purchase of mine is taking significantly longer than usual. It sat parked at FedEx for days...

ETA: Just verified. It's been there a full 72 hours right now.

Anyone know what's up with the PO messing with gun (specifically pistol) shipments?

Pappabear and I have, between us, has 3 pistols ship this month through USPS, and all three have had 2-3 day delays at stops along the way.

1 close to the shipping origin back east, and two here at the Main post office close to us.

Pappabear
02-28-18, 09:52
Mine was shipped out of NJ, and it traveled to PA, one hour away. It was shipped Priority and REGISTERED, I was told that registered is the safest way to ship but has to be signed off by everyone who touches it. I got a notice expected delivery was Monday. It sat in Philly for 4 days and was 7 days late.

Figured the registered is what cost me, but Mark had similar issues and now I still have a gun that has sat in PHX for 3 days now. Their expected delivery was 3 days ago.

I was scared to death on first very expensive gun, because I got a delayed shipping notice so I thought somebody wanted to play with it and got caught, but it came out just fine. Just crazy late.

Ship UPS not USPS. The Brown truck or fed ex.

ST911
02-28-18, 10:28
Recently shipped and received several guns via Fedex and UPS, and accessories via USPS. Experienced a couple of weather related delays that were predictable, but no other problems. A number of other orders from obvious firearms related business were fine. The UPS, Fedex, and USPS folks that have my addresses right now are awesome.

AKDoug
02-28-18, 10:32
Just shipped a pistol from Penn to Alaska on Fedex.. two days just like I paid for. Shipped a rifle from Minnesota to Alaska USPS Priority last week and it made it in three days. No problems on my end.

markm
02-28-18, 11:05
A new member (who may not be able to post in GD?) PMd me a similar story where his sat for 5 days while being marked "signed for".

I know USPS employees are retarded from the neck up, but I've always had good luck with priority shipments. So strange.

soulezoo
02-28-18, 14:03
Just had a slide and barrel assembly come from AZ to CA via USPS. No issues here.

markm
02-28-18, 16:08
Just had a slide and barrel assembly come from AZ to CA via USPS. No issues here.

Non FFL though, right? Strikes me that stuff going to/coming from FFLs is getting jacked around.

soulezoo
02-28-18, 16:09
Non FFL though, right? Strikes me that stuff going to/coming from FFLs is getting jacked around.

Negative. Most definitely a FFL.

officerX
02-28-18, 20:21
My barrel purchase from Ballistic Advantage was scheduled to be delivered this past Saturday until it encountered a "delay." Still waiting on any kind of update on the tracking number. I've filed a "missing mail" claim with them. I'm not expecting much of a response.

Pappabear
03-01-18, 09:31
The other amazing thing I forgot to mention. You can request updates via email or text. I requested text and gave my cell. I never got a single text even though it got signed for at 5+ places. On either gun. CLASSIC Gobermant!

officerX
03-01-18, 11:31
After filing my claim yesterday, my barrel arrived today. Go figure.

Pappabear
03-01-18, 17:36
That is exactly what happened to me. About the time I was disgusted, it would show the gun made the next stop and was signed for.

PB

Iraqgunz
03-03-18, 14:45
I just had a similar situation with USPS. Ordered two slings from Blue Force Gear. 10 days for priority mail from GA to AZ.

Pappabear
03-03-18, 18:00
I really didn't expect this thread to get this much traction. Hmm is all I can say.

PB

officerX
03-03-18, 18:17
I really didn't expect this thread to get this much traction. Hmm is all I can say.

PB

What kind of traction are you expecting? I assumed this was just a vent thread.

Pappabear
03-03-18, 20:19
I was saying I didn't think as many people would have had the same delays. For years, 3 day priority was just that. 3 DAYS, nothing more. Now we are seeing week delays. Its not a coincidence IMHO.

PB

Wake27
03-03-18, 20:24
Shipped an upper through Fedex two day to Retro Arms Works. Got the same upper back through three day priority mail. No delays either way. I wasn’t specific to fedex about what was in the box, but I thought the name of the company would give it way. Can’t say what USPS was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R6436
03-03-18, 20:32
I was saying I didn't think as many people would have had the same delays. For years, 3 day priority was just that. 3 DAYS, nothing more. Now we are seeing week delays. Its not a coincidence IMHO.

PB

Decided to chime in. I always sign up for email and text updates for tracking (bit OCD bout knowing where things I purchased are). I've had two incidences in the past year that make me hesitant to use USPS.

Last Fall I sent an upper via USPS Priority with adult signature required down to a shop to have some cerakote work done. Done business with the shop in the past and it isn't out of the ordinary for them to take a month or so to get stuff back to me. After no word for two months I gave them a call and found out they never received the upper. USPS had claimed they signed for it, but when pushed it turned out the signature wasn't anyone who works at the shop. Filed a claim with USPS, got full value for my upper, but it took a few weeks.

Earlier in the Spring I ordered various parts to complete an SPR-ish build. Ten parts within a couple days, all USPS Priority. Four parts got delivered to incorrect addresses, five were listed as "out for delivery" on the morning I stopped at the post office to address the other four parts, the workers actually found them still sitting on the dock from a later arrival earlier that morning. I'm still waiting on a picatinny M-Lok adapter (at that point I didn't feel it was worth it to hunt down with USPS).

While two of the incorrectly delivered items were part of an arrangement between a now fired and jailed postal worker, I found the way the other eight were handled to be unacceptable.

MeanCarbine
03-04-18, 06:30
I have shipped and received dozens and dozens and dozens of mostly non-firearm related packages via USPS. The only ones to have a significant delay in delivery were all firearm related. I have had the same conspiracy theory as well.

officerX
03-04-18, 07:27

PB

I just went back and re-read what you originally posted and I think I misread it the first time. My bad.

Talon167
03-04-18, 08:23
Very odd and unsettling to see so many of you are having this issue!

I was actually kind of nervous that my check to the NRA would never get there. I sent two check payments out on last Thursday (2-22). One of them was cashed the following Wednesday (2-28) and the NRA check wasn't cashed until the following Saturday (3-3). They weren't much further in distance either. Six days vs nine days to get there and get cashed? By my math that's three extra days.

"Something's ****y."

An Undocumented Worker
03-04-18, 08:47
Very odd and unsettling to see so many of you are having this issue!

I was actually kind of nervous that my check to the NRA would never get there. I sent two check payments out on last Thursday (2-22). One of them was cashed the following Wednesday (2-28) and the NRA check wasn't cashed until the following Saturday (3-3). They weren't much further in distance either. Six days vs nine days to get there and get cashed? By my math that's three extra days.

"Something's ****y."

Maybe the NRA just has a bunch of checks to process right now.

Talon167
03-04-18, 11:38
Maybe the NRA just has a bunch of checks to process right now.

One can hope so. :)

R6436
03-05-18, 18:49
Not a delay, but was extremely surprised to find a barrel I purchased on the EE Friday morning that wasn't sent out until Saturday was at my mailbox this evening. MD to IA in 3 days, and one was a Sunday. Yet I can't get a package from Brownell's to even ship same day unless I order express delivery (and I'm only 2.5 hours drive straight North of them).