PDA

View Full Version : J&T Distributing

bigez1
10-18-08, 10:09
Does anybody have any experience with J&T uppers? I am thinking about buying their 11.5" uppers for an M16 lower I have. I realize this is not my best choice for a short barreled upper but this is not going to be a fighting gun, just more of a fun gun. I just don't want junk. If I purchased one of these uppers and used a LMT BCG what chance do I have of having a reliable upper? Any other suggestions without having to take a 3rd job to pay for it?

sonrider657
10-18-08, 18:04
J&T offers some of the best value out there. Give them a call and they will build anything you want for a good price.

twpayne75
10-18-08, 20:18
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/STAGCOMP014.jpg

This is a J&T 11.5 upper. Never had a problem with this or any other upper from J&T. Have probably used a dozen of their kits over the years. Have always gotten good service. This is using a standard Stag BCG on Stag lower. Only thing with this upper is it is VERY tight. You can push the takedown pins in by hand (barely), but you have to use a punch or atleast something to knock the pins out. I put it on a DPMS lower and got the same results. But I think it will loosen up with more shooting.

None of the rest that I have gotten from them has been this tight. But all good fitting and finish.

Terry

bigez1
10-18-08, 20:59
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/STAGCOMP014.jpg

This is a J&T 11.5 upper. Never had a problem with this or any other upper from J&T. Have probably used a dozen of their kits over the years. Have always gotten good service. This is using a standard Stag BCG on Stag lower. Only thing with this upper is it is VERY tight. You can push the takedown pins in by hand (barely), but you have to use a punch or atleast something to knock the pins out. I put it on a DPMS lower and got the same results. But I think it will loosen up with more shooting.

None of the rest that I have gotten from them has been this tight. But all good fitting and finish.

Terry

Thats a sweet carbine. What type of railsare those and you get them from J&T?

twpayne75
10-18-08, 21:07
Thats a sweet carbine. What type of railsare those and you get them from J&T?

They are Midwest Industries 10" and they came from Bravo Company.

And I really like them.:D

Terry