PDA

View Full Version : Yet another panic...

Moose-Knuckle
03-01-18, 02:35
Haven't been shopping in awhile and due to the political climate thought I'd mosey on over and peruse the online retailers that I frequent to see how things are going and noticed most are completely out of stock on AR mags. Glock OEM mags are also selling out it would appear, no surprise there.

Haven't even checked ammo yet lol.

flenna
03-01-18, 04:14
Haven't been shopping in awhile and due to the political climate thought I'd mosey on over and peruse the online retailers that I frequent to see how things are going and noticed most are completely out of stock on AR mags. Glock OEM mags are also selling out it would appear, no surprise there.

Haven't even checked ammo yet lol.

For the time being PSA has great deals on 5.56- $.30/round on Federal with free shipping. Got plenty of P-Mags, but D&H GI mags are sold out.

_Stormin_
03-01-18, 05:40
Curious who wasn’t set for life on mags after the run up to the Clinton loss... I definitely made sure my supply was comfortable. People in blue states without bans may have something to fear, but nationally I think this is a lot of anger right now that will subside before they can shove something through.

Ammo has held relatively stable, but I have noticed that that one thing I’ve been eye balling quite a bit KAC SR25 is getting harder to find and seems a tick more expensive than in the past.

kwelz
03-01-18, 06:12
My fairly small LGS sold all 11 ARs they had in stock and over 100 Mags in a single day. They are down to a single stripped Anderson lower and some .308 mags.

Straight Shooter
03-01-18, 06:34
Im again, finding myself "buying up" before mid-terms. Online deals are still great...ammo of all types plentiful...I see mags errwhere. Its still all good around here..for now.
Trump may get even more wishy washy as time goes by..especially when we have another mass shooting.

Moose-Knuckle
03-01-18, 12:10
Curious who wasn’t set for life on mags after the run up to the Clinton loss...

I was set for life on 13 September 2004.

I think every time there is talk of bans guys go out and buy all they can with the hope to flip for profit at a later date.

My fairly small LGS sold all 11 ARs they had in stock and over 100 Mags in a single day. They are down to a single stripped Anderson lower and some .308 mags.

Haven't ventured into my LGS's but I wouldn't be surprised if what you described is the norm in most places considering things.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-01-18, 13:17
I think I bought Grant out of Glock 15 rounders for the 19 :) Snagged a couple Magpul glock mags to check them out and even threw in a 33rd mag just to make a liberal cry. Did I need any of these? Not really but more can't hurt right?

Sam
03-01-18, 13:21
Tru Prep store in Marietta, GA told me that he's on track to sell 100 lowers today. He started today with roughly 350 and he said at this rate, he'll be out of them by the weekend.

VIP3R 237
03-01-18, 13:24
Rsr is sold out of non window M2 and M3 pmags.

Outlander Systems
03-01-18, 13:30
Did Wes get Aero lowers back in stock?

I'm 0/10 uninterested in the Poverty Pony Anderson lowers, but if Aero's are back in, I may have to swing by there after work.

Tru Prep store in Marietta, GA told me that he's on track to sell 100 lowers today. He started today with roughly 350 and he said at this rate, he'll be out of them by the weekend.

Jellybean
03-01-18, 13:38
Saw this the other day- apparently FL gunshow[s] numbers are up quite a bit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27557/gun-control-backlash-florida-gun-show-reports-james-barrett

Although I feel like the guy must not have been alive in 2013 if these are the biggest numbers he's ever seen....

Dist. Expert 26
03-01-18, 13:42
Aero's are on sale over at Brownells. Snagged one last night.

flenna
03-01-18, 17:50
I stopped in Dunham's the other day to pick up some fishing line and noticed folks looking at their ARs. The last year or so it looked like nothing moved out of their racks but now there was a lot of empty spaces.

pinzgauer
03-01-18, 17:50
Aero's are on sale over at Brownells. Snagged one last night.

really tempted to pick up one of the AR-10 lowers. Just wish it was Gen II (I think...)

Boba Fett v2
03-01-18, 18:13
I'm good on lowers, mags and ammo for now. I picked up enough before the election to build at least 4 more carbines, one for each kid and then a spare. I've got a couple "bucket list" guns I'm in the process of acquiring right now.

kwelz
03-01-18, 18:18
I'm good on lowers, mags and ammo for now. I picked up enough before the election to build at least 4 more carbines, one for each kid and then a spare. I've got a couple "bucket list" guns I'm in the process of acquiring right now.

Thankfully I am in the same boat. I picked up a few of the Colt Lowers from Brownells and a couple Grey Ghost lowers that were on special a couple weeks ago on top of the Complete guns I have.

The only thing I need is a good .308 battle Rifle.

Boba Fett v2
03-01-18, 18:21
The only thing I need is a good .308 battle Rifle.

What do you have in mind?

kwelz
03-01-18, 18:23
What do you have in mind?

Waiting on the .308 Tavor. If that is DOA I will probably do a SCAR 17

Boba Fett v2
03-01-18, 18:27

Good call on the SCAR.

WickedWillis
03-01-18, 18:29

I'm 0/10 uninterested in the Poverty Pony Anderson lowers, but if Aero's are back in, I may have to swing by there after work.

Well I just about died laughing

This whole ordeal has accelerated my SBR stamp process.

Outlander Systems
03-01-18, 18:43
Friends don't let friends buy Anderson lowers.

Colt = War Horse
Anderson = Poverty Pony

Well I just about died laughing

This whole ordeal has accelerated my SBR stamp process.

Furbyballer
03-01-18, 19:16
Only thing on my list this panic is an acc. Got all set with stamps, lowers, mags, and ammo before 2016 election. Just got my last stamp back from the 10 I dropped prior to the election.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO
03-01-18, 19:41
Glad I'm firmly in the "ammo only" stage.

Sure I've been picking up a couple of more things as deals have popped up the last year, but I haven't bought a rifle or lower since before the '16 elections.

And I laugh at all the "SERIOUSLYIWASJUSTABOUTTOBUY" bubbas. It has been gravy for the last year, with everything plentiful and as cheap as can be.

FlyingHunter
03-01-18, 19:50

You will not regret the SCAR - H. I was an early adopter and it's been dead nuts reliable.

Pappabear
03-01-18, 19:50
Mags, no matter how many and one more lower is on the list. Not for this panic but for the 10th one from now. This is not a one time battle. just my .02. Because on the tenth one from now, how much $$$$$ will you have, enough to but what you want ?

PB

MAUSER202
03-01-18, 20:21
For the time being PSA has great deals on 5.56- $.30/round on Federal with free shipping. Got plenty of P-Mags, but D&H GI mags are sold out.

Thanks for the heads up, great price.

Iraqgunz
03-01-18, 20:40
Ammo would be the least of my concerns. Check your mag supply and snag some lowers before the prices and availability become insane.

MAUSER202
03-01-18, 21:13
Ammo would be the least of my concerns. Check your mag supply and snag some lowers before the prices and availability become insane.

I m good there. :)

lahunter57
03-01-18, 22:01
I don’t feel like I have a deficit in magazines until times like these...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
03-01-18, 22:49
Mags, no matter how many and one more lower is on the list. Not for this panic but for the 10th one from now. This is not a one time battle. just my .02. Because on the tenth one from now, how much $$$$$ will you have, enough to but what you want ?

PB

Truth.

I'm a self confessed mag whore.

Living through the '94 ban did things to me. I have this thing where every time I come across USGI or PMAGs (and even Lancers) for under $10 a mag I pick up a ten pack. Over time things add up and mags are a disposable commodity.

This evening we went out for a bite and I stopped in my local Academy Sports to see what was what. No price gouging yet, they had mags in stock though low on PMAGs and they were all MSRP which is normal for them. Ammo was stocked full, had several ARs and AKs still on the racks and a Beretta ARX100 south of $900, have to admit that is kind of a temptation for me but nah.

Pappabear
03-01-18, 22:57
Igunz and I were talking tonight, its just a mater of time and it sucks. Dems are on the war path and every year they get more sympathizers. I bought 20 mags just because, its payday tomorrow. 10 at a time is the drill for me.

I pray I never desire to sell them, but my kids might and probably will. Again it sucks.

PB

OH58D
03-02-18, 00:09
We made a panic buy today. Not really, but the better half wanted it. Wife normally carries wheel guns (Colt SAA, Ruger Vaquero) in holsters for open carry. She wanted something for her CC class she's going to take. She decided on a Gen 4 Glock 26 in Olive Drab. Got herself a genuine "Baby Glock" that she can stuff in a pocket, or in a fancy handbag for nights out on the town.......in Roy, Harding County, New Mexico (population 224). It came with 3 ten round mags and she bought 4 extra mags (2 ten rounders and 2 twelve rounders).

I told her she really should be ashamed doing this sort of thing when the the gun-owning American public is all tied up in knots after watching Trump do a rope a dope with Diane Feinstein twitching out seated to his left. She basically gave me one of those: Go To Hell looks and I dropped the subject.

nimdabew
03-02-18, 04:55
I don’t feel like I have a deficit in magazines until times like these...

Agreed. I have been stockpiling pmags with PSA doing ammo + mag deals. I have a huge box of them and it still doesn't feel like enough.

Sam
03-02-18, 06:20

I guess the Poverty Pony is perfect for me since I'm on fixed income. As of noon yesterday he was out of Aero. Still have Spikes and $35 Poverty lowers :)

No price gouging there.

As for how many magazines to have, Clint Smith said 1000 and loaded. LOL . Watch this video, it's funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J3Jm8HbHKU&t=61s

Outlander Systems
03-02-18, 08:16
It's almost like he's been predicting this for months...

Igunz and I were talking tonight, its just a mater of time and it sucks. Dems are on the war path and every year they get more sympathizers. I bought 20 mags just because, its payday tomorrow. 10 at a time is the drill for me.

I pray I never desire to sell them, but my kids might and probably will. Again it sucks.

PB

Outlander Systems
03-02-18, 08:19
:lol:

If the parts all fit, you must shoot it.

I guess the Poverty Pony is perfect for me since I'm on fixed income. As of noon yesterday he was out of Aero. Still have Spikes and $35 Poverty lowers :)

No price gouging there.

As for how many magazines to have, Clint Smith said 1000 and loaded. LOL . Watch this video, it's funny:

thei3ug
03-02-18, 08:30
The issue I wrestle with... I am a pack rat by nature, even before '12. The idea, initially, was to ensure my children have the same opportunities as I did. But to what extent is buying one more lower and a few extra mags every time a tragedy occurs an irrational, emotion driven response?

The only argument I could see is that I am banking any possible serialized components for some future, undefined market where manufacture is regulated. Is this an ideological decision, economic, or is this purely driven by psychology?

MSparks909
03-02-18, 09:01
Snagged another 25 mags from Brownells last night just ‘cause. The PMags are sold out so I opted for the Brownells brand mags with the CS springs. Have 6-7 stripped lowers in the safe. That should be enough to weather this storm for the next few months.

Pappabear
03-02-18, 09:33

No price gouging there.

Sam that video was just awesome, what a great way to start Friday.

PB

KTR03
03-02-18, 09:45
I have a couple hundred AR Mags and another 100 PMags I bought before the last election that I have never taken out of the box. I also have 10 stripped lowers so I am good there. I need some more m1 carbine Mags and am thinking I should get a couple of 308 lowers just to have. Of course my LLC has a ghost gunner so I may rol my own. The senate and house won’t let anything through before November no matter how much president sells us out so I think there is still time.

Sam
03-02-18, 09:50
Sam that video was just awesome, what a great way to start Friday.

PB

Glad you enjoy it sir. Watch the whole series of videos that he did. They are hilarious and he is right. The one about shoot 'em in the crotch, and the one about p i s s i n g off the snowflakes.

Doc Safari
03-02-18, 10:48

Nailed it. I had my dealer order me a BCM lower so that I could turn a spare upper into a complete rifle. I got in just under the wire as they were sold out the day after Trump's gun control meeting.

https://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/AR15-M4-BCM-Lower-Receiver-Group-Stock-Mod-0-Black-p/lrg-stk-mod-0-blk.htm

Then I ordered another ten mags from Bravo Company. So far they are still in stock but I bet it doesn't last.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Magazines-p/magazine-dh-bt30mf-10pack.htm

Wake27
03-02-18, 11:04
Can we not do this again? It’s completely stupid and the more it’s talked about, including on here, the worse it gets.

Doc Safari
03-02-18, 11:05
Can we not do this again? It’s completely stupid and the more it’s talked about, including on here, the worse it gets.

You can't hold back the momentum of history. If you don't panic buy, many many others will. You will simply get left behind. It happens without you or I being able to do anything to stop it.

Wake27
03-02-18, 11:49
You can't hold back the momentum of history. If you don't panic buy, many many others will. You will simply get left behind. It happens without you or I being able to do anything to stop it.

Or we could just not talk about it so that not as many many people will.

Arik
03-02-18, 11:58
You can't hold back the momentum of history. If you don't panic buy, many many others will. You will simply get left behind. It happens without you or I being able to do anything to stop it.I agree with Wake. If there is or isn't a panic it's not my problem. If I don't have it I don't have it, that simple. I don't feel "left behind". I can probably use a few more mags but having 30 vs 40 isn't going to make or break anything. The way I see it is if I wasn't going to buy it before then why do I want to now? For example, people suddenly jumping on lowers. Never had a interest in building and still don't see a reason to spend money on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

wetidlerjr
03-02-18, 12:02
That's your rationalization. It happens because we don't make any attempt to stop it.

Doc Safari
03-02-18, 13:02
I agree with Wake. If there is or isn't a panic it's not my problem. If I don't have it I don't have it, that simple. I don't feel "left behind". I can probably use a few more mags but having 30 vs 40 isn't going to make or break anything. The way I see it is if I wasn't going to buy it before then why do I want to now? For example, people suddenly jumping on lowers. Never had a interest in building and still don't see a reason to spend money on it.

Of course if you don't need something, then you shouldn't run out and get it just because the availability and pricing may suck if you don't.

We're talking about people who were on the verge of buying something and may regret waiting.

I had decided to buy a lower. I'm glad I didn't wait because I might have to wait a lot longer than I wanted because people are buying them up. I can't stop people buying them up. That was going to happen no matter what I type on the keyboard.

MountainRaven
03-02-18, 13:30
I'll believe there's a panic when I start getting PMs about guns I posted on the EE years ago and have long since sold.

:jester:

kerplode
03-02-18, 13:40

Yeah, I'm good...gonna sit this one out.

I'll probably be ordering an adjustable carrier for my SBR, but I've been planning to get that anyway.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-02-18, 13:46
Glad you enjoy it sir. Watch the whole series of videos that he did. They are hilarious and he is right. The one about shoot 'em in the crotch, and the one about p i s s i n g off the snowflakes.

Thank you for this. Lol this guy is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbehsFbv6XA

MountainRaven
03-02-18, 13:52
Brought to you by the man who once told 60 Minutes that some people just need to be shot. :D

Sam
03-02-18, 14:25
I won't be panic buying, I'll be the one price gouging. When the panic is in full swing, I'll be selling Anderson stripped lowers for $250 ! Outlander Systems will be so jealous. LOL

ABNAK
03-02-18, 17:55
Just for the hell of it I looked online for Gen3 PMAGS and found some black (window-less) ones for $124.99 for a 10-pack. That's not a bad price for the Gen3's so I grabbed a pack. They had sand colored Gen3's for $89.99 for a 10-pack but that color ain't me.

Outlander Systems
03-02-18, 18:25
LOL!

Full Disclosure: I bought some Poverty Pony Products from TruPrep after work today.

:p

I won't be panic buying, I'll be the one price gouging. When the panic is in full swing, I'll be selling Anderson stripped lowers for $250 ! Outlander Systems will be so jealous. LOL

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-18, 18:29

I started this thread not so much for us M4C'ers to panic but rather to see how things are in different parts of the country. As stated, I've been good since the AWB sunset in '04. The panic was well underway before I even posted so I don't think it contributed much.

The way I see it is if I wasn't going to buy it before then why do I want to now?

I can only recall two times that I panic bought anything. During the second Obama panic I paid well over MSRP for the then newly released Ruger OEM 10/22 BX-25X2 mag. I would have picked some up before the panic set in but they weren't invented yet. The second time was the summer of '16 then I asked myself; "If Hillary gets in what is the one thing I don't have now that I would want if she got in?". So I acquired an AR-10 variant and some mags under MSRP amid the rush.

Just for the hell of it I looked online for Gen3 PMAGS and found some black (window-less) ones for $124.99 for a 10-pack. That's not a bad price for the Gen3's so I grabbed a pack. They had sand colored Gen3's for $89.99 for a 10-pack but that color ain't me.

Oh really! Gen3 Sand ten packs for $89.99?! Please kind sir direct me to the seller.

I forget which Magpul employee stated it on here but from what I remember the Sand material is the most robust recipe those boys have concocted to date. I pretty much only buy Gen3 Sand (I dye them) and MCT PMAGs anymore.

Arik
03-02-18, 19:23
I started this thread not so much for us M4C'ers to panic but rather to see how things are in different parts of the country. As stated, I've been good since the AWB sunset in '04. The panic was well underway before I even posted so I don't think it contributed much.

I can only recall two times that I panic bought anything. During the second Obama panic I paid well over MSRP for the then newly released Ruger OEM 10/22 BX-25X2 mag. I would have picked some up before the panic set in but they weren't invented yet. The second time was the summer of '16 then I asked myself; "If Hillary gets in what is the one thing I don't have now that I would want if she got in?". So I acquired an AR-10 variant and some mags under MSRP amid the rush.

Oh really! Gen3 Sand ten packs for $89.99?! Please kind sir direct me to the seller.

I forget which Magpul employee stated it on here but from what I remember the Sand material is the most robust recipe those boys have concocted to date. I pretty much only buy Gen3 Sand (I dye them) and MCT PMAGs anymore.I don't know how to explain it. It's not indifference but I'm willing to spend X amount of an X amount of time. If I can't or if becomes more then so be it, I'm not going to spend more money than I have allocated or intended to. If ARs were getting banned and prices were going up then I can do without an AR.....for example. For my purchases i only care to a certain point

Sam
03-02-18, 19:26
LOL!

Full Disclosure: I bought some Poverty Pony Products from TruPrep after work today.

:p

Yer killin' me man.

I'm sure it's a good cause, helping those guys out $35 at a time :)

tgizzard
03-02-18, 20:48
Told myself I wasn’t going to panic buy. But 10 Brownells mags for $103 was too good to pass up!

Outlander Systems
03-02-18, 20:52
I swear to God they only stock Aero as bait...

Yer killin' me man.

I'm sure it's a good cause, helping those guys out $35 at a time :)

R6436
03-02-18, 21:01
I swear to God they only stock Aero as bait...

In all honesty, is there something wrong with Aero? That's all my LGS stocks for uppers or lowers.

Outlander Systems
03-02-18, 21:16
Negative. The ONLY thing wrong with Aero is that this particular shop never has enough in stock.

In all honesty, is there something wrong with Aero? That's all my LGS stocks for uppers or lowers.

R6436
03-02-18, 22:04
Negative. The ONLY thing wrong with Aero is that this particular shop never has enough in stock.

That's a relief. Only problem with them at my LGS is after last Spring they seem to have incorporated a convenience fee for having AP products on hand.

pinzgauer
03-03-18, 01:30
I swear to God they only stock Aero as bait...I had their last normal AP lower (fde) in my hands there this afternoon. Up in the air on that or an AP AR-10 lower.

Talked myself out of both.

diving dave
03-03-18, 10:00
Not seeing much here in Montana other than people picking up mags...Went to a local Murdocks and they had a bunch of DD rifles, stripped lowers, etc. Guy said mag sales are up but that was about it.

Arik
03-03-18, 10:07
Drove by my LGS yesterday, parking lot mostly empty

pinzgauer
03-03-18, 11:12
LOL!

:pCould... not... Resist....

Had to give in. Poverty Ponies for $35 over the counter ($37 out the door) just too cheap to pass up.

Truprep also had MCT pmags in stock for less than AIM, always try to pick up a couple each month.

And the FDE AP lower followed me home as well.

Is it feeding the panic if the deals are too good to pass up and it's stuff you buy anyway when the price is right???

Circle_10
03-03-18, 11:30
Although quite well set in terms of mags I've taken a liking to the new Magpul MCT color. I went to my local shop yesterday to grab a couple and they were all gone, so I contended myself with some Sand colored ones (Which Magpul has apparently discontinued, since I guess only me ahnd like three other weirdos actually like their unusual off-white coloration.). The shop was well stocked with other mags, as well as lowers and uppers and the same number of complete ARs and AKs it usually has.

Outlander Systems
03-03-18, 12:35
Good call.

TP is by far my favorite, "not a gun store" in the area.

Could... not... Resist....

Had to give in. Poverty Ponies for $35 over the counter ($37 out the door) just too cheap to pass up.

Truprep also had MCT pmags in stock for less than AIM, always try to pick up a couple each month.

And the FDE AP lower followed me home as well.

Is it feeding the panic if the deals are too good to pass up and it's stuff you buy anyway when the price is right???

26 Inf
03-03-18, 13:06
Could... not... Resist....

I bit on three Noreen lowers at 39.00 each, largely because no logo. They are 7075 T-6 so we will see.

I'm getting quit a collection of stripped lowers with my practice of 3 cheapos at a time. Guess it is a good thing the FFL I use sets a limit of 3 for the cost of a single transfer.

I still have a complete Colt lower in the box also.

Need more BCG's, two of these inbound http://www.wcarmory.com/toolcraft-inc/toolcraft-bcg-223-5-56-bolt-carrier-group-ni-bo-round-c-158-mpi-complete.htm

pinzgauer
03-03-18, 13:09
Good call.

TP is by far my favorite, "not a gun store" in the area.Stocking a full line of powder and primers, yeah, pretty much becoming my first stop.

I've been requesting and watching them up the quality of their AR parts and stock. Requested colt oems, they got them in, and they sold right away. Been requesting ALG, and they are getting a full line and G in. Stocking more and more stuff I used to have to mail order.

They don't quite have comparable buying power as local competitors yet, but they are getting close.

MAUSER202
03-03-18, 13:19
I was at a small gun show today, plenty of ammo and a few AR’s at normal to low prices, mostly a fud show. Normal amount of people and sales especially given the recent news.

pinzgauer
03-03-18, 13:27
I'm getting quit a collection of stripped lowers with my practice of 3 cheapos at a time. Guess it is a good thing the FFL I use sets a limit of 3 for the cost of a single transfer.

The store outlander and I were referring to also does free FFL transfers as long as you complete the form online ahead of time.

Makes it hard to resist the sales!

I started out thinking I was going to do an AR-10 build using the Brownells on sale AP lowers. Decided to hold out for a MWS or SR25

Arik
03-03-18, 13:29
Just walked out of an LGS. they said that sales did pick up a little bit but nothing major. Still plenty of AKs and ARs on the shelves. Plenty of new and used double stack handguns.

Outlander Systems
03-03-18, 13:31
They have great CS. They serviced a friend's rifle for free when he was having problems with it.

ProTip: of you e-mail their website and ask if they will carry particular items, you may just see them in stock.

I saw that they started carrying Geissele products and I was tickled pink.

Stocking a full line of powder and primers, yeah, pretty much becoming my first stop.

I've been requesting and watching them up the quality of their AR parts and stock. Requested colt oems, they got them in, and they sold right away. Been requesting ALG, and they are getting a full line and G in. Stocking more and more stuff I used to have to mail order.

They don't quite have comparable buying power as local competitors yet, but they are getting close.

Nightvisionary
03-03-18, 19:48
Crowds no larger than that seen on previous Saturdays over the last few months. I heard one guy mention "stocking up" as he made a $600 purchase but that was about it. Here are some items I noted locally:

Lots of AR's still available

New Ruger AR-556's $499

FN PS-90 $1299

AR uppers and lowers for under $60 including Aero

Lancer smoke mags for $16.99 (Same price as two months ago)

PMAGS 10 for $100

Federal XM193 $5.99. I have a coupon that would have brought it down even lower but I passed.

Glock mags all over the place.

Completely stocked selection of reloading components

Plenty of powder on the shelf even though powder delivery only comes on Tuesday. They still had Varget. When I can still find Varget I know things are still ok.

I had money to spend and left empty handed. I just don't need to jump on the panic buying bandwagon this time around. The previous hostile political environment from 2013-2016 left me in a position where I am comfortable with what I have acquired. I did order a CZ 805 Carbine from Bud's earlier this week since that was one of my grail guns and the $1299 price tag was too good to pass up but I probably would have made that purchase anyway. Other than that I think Im done for a bit. You guys can have at it.;)

Alex V
03-03-18, 19:57
I ordered a WASR10 but I was planning on it for a few months. I'm not seeing much online panic either.

I know The Donald has said some dumb shit, and I know we are all pissed at him for it but I don't see much happening. I think either most feel similarly or they just bought so much they don't need more. Either way, plenty of stuff available.

R6436
03-03-18, 20:01
The only possible indication I've seen was online yesterday. Ordered some mags from LaRue (I color code by caliber to help keep things identifiable) and received an email that all orders had a 1-3 week lead time. Guessing it was automated since my order shipped by evening and is at the last stop in Texas before hitting Missouri. Been months since I ordered from those guys, so not sure how long they've been listing lead times.

Kain
03-03-18, 20:17
There is a little bit going on. A soft panic if you will. Things are moving a bit faster. I got messaged today on another board about stuff, mags specifically, that I had listed 6 months ago and the guy asking if I still had them. There is also some price gouging attempts locally. Not really moving, too much cheap junk to counter it. But a lot of AR lowers popping up for sale though and a lot of people looking for them.

223to45
03-03-18, 20:32
One of my LGS, I was in today picking up some powder, and they were fairly busy.
THEY said Friday, they have moved more guns in one day, then they ever have.

Didn't get to quiz him more, people were waiting.

So not sure if it was political climate or what.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
03-03-18, 20:40
My wholesalers are pretty cleaned out (which happens every time anyone thinks they are gonna get rich on a panic buy), but Gunbroker is still pretty flush with Colt 6920s at or near MSRP.

Nobody really panicking yet. When 6920s begin SELLING for $2,000 or more then you know it's on.

26 Inf
03-04-18, 00:39
There is a little bit going on. A soft panic if you will. Things are moving a bit faster.

This is what I'm getting from the LGS I frequent, sales of AR's have been picking up a bit, everything else pretty much normal.

Vegas
03-04-18, 02:41
Do you wonder when asking about sales at your LGS, if they embellish just a little? A little induced panic buying.

SteyrAUG
03-04-18, 03:02
Do you wonder when asking about sales at your LGS, if they embellish just a little? A little induced panic buying.

It's not panic buying UNLESS prices are going up. This is people getting while the getting is still good, and quite honestly most stores are glad to unload that inventory they purchased when they thought Clinton was going to be a sure thing.

Iraqgunz
03-04-18, 04:01
Lots of people are buying online. Mags are selling and so are stripped lowers. My local guys were cleared out of lowers except for the Uber expensive stuff.

Straight Shooter
03-04-18, 05:40
Lots of people are buying online. Mags are selling and so are stripped lowers. My local guys were cleared out of lowers except for the Uber expensive stuff.

Im seeing/hearing this..but our better lgs's are busy as hell too. Had wait an hour at mid-day on a Thursday to make a recent purchase. They were slammed.
I too, buy mostly online & have been of late.

The_War_Wagon
03-04-18, 06:29
I noticed Palmetto was OUT of AR's last night. They still have complete uppers, and stripped & complete lowers, but no complete rifles.

There's a little gunshop - 10 miles away - I like to give business to, because I have a client right around the corner. I'd actually ordered a stripped lower about a week & a half before the FL numbnut went off. It came in that Monday; I told them I'd probably mosey in the following week & get it (no rush on MY part). Then the FL numbnut happened.

I was there to pick it up the NEXT morning @ 10am when they opened - as were a dozen other guys, all looking to buy... "something."

I suspect there's NOT a panic in places like SC, TX, or WY. And PA, being a Class III/NFA-legal, 'shall issue,' NO mag ban/restriction state, is pretty damn firearms tolerant for a Yankee state (just ask ALL our neighbors, who ALL have restrictions of one sort or another!). But we KNOW how perilous that is, especially if you live in/near one of the two "blue anchors" of PA (Pittsburgh & Philthy). I've seen quite an uptick in foot traffic at local shops the past 3 weeks (and I go shooting every Tuesday at one shop's indoor range), which I suspect may be the case near ANY urban cessmaze, anywhere in America.

YOUR "panic mileage" may vary.

gaijin
03-04-18, 06:31
Ordered from SGAmmo last evening.
There seemed no shortage of 5.56/.308.

Nightvisionary
03-04-18, 09:59

Yep, like when my thread about there not being local evidence of a panic gets rolled (buried) into the "PANIC!!!!" thread:rolleyes: I have Pmags still in plastic in unopened shipping boxes that I have never even seen, AR's never even fired. Im sitting this one out.

Arik
03-04-18, 10:47
Do you wonder when asking about sales at your LGS, if they embellish just a little? A little induced panic buying.Not really. At least not the ones I frequent.

Vegas
03-04-18, 18:10
Relationship with your LGS is obviously a big part of this. There are a couple of stores here where I would get the straight skinny. Others, not so sure.

I only really shop locally where I can buy reloading components now as that is usually all I need.

Moose-Knuckle
03-05-18, 00:19
I happened upon my local Cabela's on Saturday.

I got there after all the fireworks apparently, about an hour before closing and the place was a ghost town. The cashier who checked me out said she had long lines through out the day. All I bought was a new ball cap. They had mags in stock but looked like they were running low on PMAGs, especially the MCT ones. Didn't have time to walk by the "EBR" section to see but there used racks were full of AR and AKs and a few Century G3 clones. Yawn.

I've noticed several online retailers out of stock on mags (PMAGs and USGI).

chuckman
03-05-18, 11:12
No change in stock or prices at my local gun stores.

Doc Safari
03-05-18, 11:14
The two LGS's were picked over except for a sky blue AR (puke).

Sportsman's Warehouse was well stocked on all forms of AR.

kwelz
03-05-18, 15:27
Friend of mine posted this on Facebook.

Sam
03-06-18, 13:27
Several online sellers Including Midway and Brownells are OUT of Glock lower parts kit and 80% lower frames. They were available plenty about a week ago.

MountainRaven
03-06-18, 15:06
Brownell's website says that, "Due to extremely high order volume, please expect delays in order processing."

So there must be a light panic, at least, going on.

26 Inf
03-06-18, 15:25
Brownell's website says that, "Due to extremely high order volume, please expect delays in order processing."

So there must be a light panic, at least, going on.

WC Armory - BCG's - ordered Saturday 03/03 shipped Monday 03/05

BCM - buffers,springs,VFG - ordered Friday 03/02 received Monday 03/05 (priority mail)

Magpul - enhanced SR25/M110 buffer tube - order 02/28 awaiting shipment

AIM - lowers - order 03/01 shipped 03/05

DeltaTeamTactical - uppers - ordered 03/01 awaiting shipment

KAK - buffer parts - ordered 02/24 received last week

Magpul's the only one I have a beef with, Delta may be on the list soon.

PNorris
03-06-18, 16:11
Gunmag warehouse still has some great deals on PMAGs if you want them. Also, I don't want to panic buy, however, that SCAR 16s has been calling me. Do I say to myself, don't worry nothing is going to happen and you can get that next year, or do I buy it now.

Dist. Expert 26
03-06-18, 17:59
Went by my LGS to pick up a lower I bought from Brownells last week (2 day processing time by the way), and they still had everything in stock. Granted, their prices aren't great but even so. If a real panic were setting in they'd be cleaned out.

RazorBurn
03-06-18, 22:49
Stopped by my local shop last Saturday, they had a few empty slots in the wall, but still plenty of inventory. I talked with a couple of the guys that work there, and they hadn't seen any panic buying or a significant uptick in business.

tgizzard
03-07-18, 06:29
I ordered 10 GI mags from Brownells last week; order is still in processing. Things have obviously picked up a little.

_Stormin_
03-08-18, 07:26
I think that online you will see some brisk business going down, and in states where things were on the fence people are going to go nuts with the credit card and buy everything and anything they fear may become illegal. Virginia is a weird purple state where even many of the Democrats I know have their heads out of their a$$es about firearms, so I don't have a lot of worry right now. That could change as NoVa keeps pushing harder and harder into insane blue, but for now I only buy what I want, need, or ammo to replace what I've shot. Heading to the range this weekend and I will see if the LGS there is a zoo...

Fordtough25
03-08-18, 12:34
Ammo is still in stock here as are mags local, however my LGS sold 75% of his AR stock in the past 2 weeks. On top of that he noted that nothing on the "cheapish" side was available at the distributor level right now, AR wise anyways.

Moose-Knuckle
03-09-18, 18:23
I don't want to panic buy, however, that SCAR 16s has been calling me. Do I say to myself, don't worry nothing is going to happen and you can get that next year, or do I buy it now.

Get what you want while the getting is good.

Since Trump defeated Hillary in the autumn of '16 gun prices have been pretty low. Who know's what tomorrow will bring. If there is something you want and you have the coin for it I say get it now. It's not like things get better for us.

duece71
03-09-18, 19:12
I ordered the Magpul D-60 from Brownells a couple of weeks ago.......still waiting. I should have bought 2 or even 3.

Alex V
03-09-18, 19:27
I was at a LGS today doing the NICS on a WASR10. NJ used the NJSP for NICS and its experiencing delays. Last week it took my mom 4 days to get an approval. I think the threat of federal changes coupled with out new shit for brains governor is causing a run on things locally. The owner said that ARs are flying.

I ordered the Magpul D-60 from Brownells a couple of weeks ago.......still waiting. I should have bought 2 or even 3.

Grant has em. Posted something on FB earlier today.

flenna
03-09-18, 19:27
I saw a post where Grant said G&R has the D60s back in stock. He even gave a coupon code.

R6436
03-09-18, 19:36
I saw a post where Grant said G&R has the D60s back in stock. He even gave a coupon code.

Quit tempting me! I'm trying to save for an UBR and a new 3x scope... or maybe a 2.5x. Either way, quit tempting me!!!

Biggy
03-09-18, 19:58

Since Trump defeated Hillary in the autumn of '16 gun prices have been pretty low. Who know's what tomorrow will bring. If there is something you want and you have the coin for it I say get it now. It's not like things get better for us.

+1000% agree, unfortunately and very sadly it isn't if there will be more shootings, its when and how many. It will be like the straw that broke the camels back. They will say, we know new laws will not stop them, but we have to do something, and each time they see its not working they will want more and more laws. If you are *really committed* to keeping your AR's, hi-cap 9mm's and hi-cap mags,etc, come what may, there is still time to get stuff at reasonable prices. Anyone that waits to long has no reason to whine about high prices on stuff later.

duece71
03-09-18, 22:20

Might as well apply that to ammo as well.......you never know when things are going to get stupid for real again.

26 Inf
03-09-18, 23:08
WC Armory - BCG's - ordered Saturday 03/03 shipped Monday 03/05 ARRIVED 03/08 PRIORITY MAIL)

BCM - buffers,springs,VFG - ordered Friday 03/02 received Monday 03/05 (priority mail)

Magpul - enhanced SR25/M110 buffer tube - order 02/28 awaiting shipment ARRIVED 03/07 FEDEX

AIM - lowers - order 03/01 shipped 03/05 ARRIVED AT FFL 03/08 PICKED UP TODAY SHIPPED PRIORITY MAIL

DeltaTeamTactical - uppers - ordered 03/01 awaiting shipment SHIPPED 03/08

KAK - buffer parts - ordered 02/24 received last week

Need to update.

I don't know what's going on with Magpul. When I checked my order on 03/06 when I posted, the order info didn't show a tracking number, IIRC the status said 'awaiting' then on the Wednesday, 03/07, the order showed up. I checked my account then and the order info showed the tracking number.

Magpul is also the only one of all vendors listed, who did not send me an email when my order shipped.

IMO everyone seems to be shipping within a reasonable time frame. And Priority Mail hasn't had any delays with anything I've ordered.

Alex V
03-10-18, 05:52
Quit tempting me! I'm trying to save for an UBR and a new 3x scope... or maybe a 2.5x. Either way, quit tempting me!!!

Wish I had your problems. I can't even order one. Stupid NJ. Maybe I'll have it shipped to my cousin in PA. He can hold it till I move to a free state.

ABNAK
03-10-18, 08:36
I was at a LGS today doing the NICS on a WASR10. NJ used the NJSP for NICS and its experiencing delays. Last week it took my mom 4 days to get an approval. I think the threat of federal changes coupled with out new shit for brains governor is causing a run on things locally. The owner said that ARs are flying.

You can take the man out of Russia but you can't take Russia out of the man........;)

Alex V
03-10-18, 08:48
You can take the man out of Russia but you can't take Russia out of the man........;)

Sometimes nostalgia gets to you. :-)

R6436
03-10-18, 08:54
Wish I had your problems. I can't even order one. Stupid NJ. Maybe I'll have it shipped to my cousin in PA. He can hold it till I move to a free state.

I admit that for the time being I'm fortunate to live in a free state. Gubernatorial elections are coming up and so far our choices are either a Democrat that I have not heard much about (and the state party is very, very well organized already) or our current governor who is filling in since our elected one was made ambassador to China... and who I am very suspicious of. Add in that Minnesota and Wisconsin tend to have influence on our state's decisions and I am pretty sure we will not be a free state much longer. Fortunately I know and am familiar with the local state reps for my area and the majority of them are patriots. I figure I should get what I can while I still can, and keep trying to unify Pro 2A'ers that I know in the state so we can be as loud of a voice as we can be. Frustrating working someplace with a large reach but having management that refuses to speak up.

Sorry, didn't mean to mini-rant.

Moose-Knuckle
03-13-18, 13:13
Might as well apply that to ammo as well.......you never know when things are going to get stupid for real again.

Yes, this applies to; ammo, mags, lowers, firearms, spare parts.

I remember LPKs and BCGs dried up for a good spell during the second Obama panic. When you could find them you were paying twice what they usually went for.

RazorBurn
03-13-18, 13:37
Went to a local gun show this past Sunday and sat at one of my friends table most of the day. I carried in a PSA Freedom free float AR-15, a real nice 5.8 million Springfield CMP service grade M1 Garand, and a Romanian TT-C Tokarev in with me for trade bait. AR-15's were generating absolutely no interest. The Garand had quite a few people fondle it but none willing to come off the grand I wanted for it. I did end up trading the Tokarev and a little boot for a Charles Daly 1911.

Most dealers had a nice stash of PMags and USGI mags on display but they weren't moving them either. Ammo and pistols seemed to be moving better than anything.

It didn't hurt my feelings at all bringing the Garand home. I had it just in case I stumbled on a 1911 that I just had to have. :D

MountainRaven
03-13-18, 13:50
There was a gun show here, last weekend. Lots of people saying that ARs and AKs should be moving quickly. Only one vendor appeared to have much in the way of Pmags - most of the others didn't seem to have much for quality magazines. The Pmags were even reasonably priced. But between the first day and the last, not much seems to have moved. Plenty of people looking, not many buying.

And Brownell's, who had the banner saying that their volume was so high that it was causing shipping delays, hasn't had it up for a while. I placed an order with them on Sunday, which shipped on Monday (yesterday).

I stopped at an LGS yesterday and there were a couple of empty slots on the wall where the ARs normally sit, but they didn't appear to have any shortage of ARs, handguns, ammo, or magazines (except for a pretty big chunk of empty shelf in the middle of the 5.56mm ammo).

Makes me think that there was a brief panic, but that it's over, now. Might be that the last couple of panics were enough to make everybody get everything they wanted. And if they didn't, they either got enough that they don't need any more, or they went so broke that they're still working off their purchases.

Moose-Knuckle
03-13-18, 13:57
Makes me think that there was a brief panic, but that it's over, now. Might be that the last couple of panics were enough to make everybody get everything they wanted. And if they didn't, they either got enough that they don't need any more, or they went so broke that they're still working off their purchases.

Agreed.

I think the post Parkland, FL. shooting panic was brief and is over on the the national side of things.

However, as Alex noted above I think there are regional panics do to gun control measures at the municipal and state levels.

Until the next random mass shooting . . .

Sam
03-17-18, 08:48
https://i.imgur.com/1t616XE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xY0orme.jpg

Panic assembled after work last night.

Arik
03-17-18, 08:58
Walked into my LGS on the way home because they have a trade in gun I wanted to check out. Holly ballz was it packed. Salesmen we're swamped and I didn't want to bother them further BUT what I did notice was that for every one buyer there were 3 or 4 of his buddies hovering around, not buying, not looking....just taking up counter space.... moral support I guess!

Hey guys let's all drive to the gun store and watch Bob fill out paperwork!!!

Outlander Systems
03-17-18, 09:00
Niiiice. I need some of those reduced capacity mags next time I'm over that way.

Panic assembled after work last night.[/QUOTE]

Sam
03-17-18, 09:19
Niiiice. I need some of those reduced capacity mags next time I'm over that way.

That mag is more reduced than you think. It's a 5 rounder. I use it to clamp the lower into the bench vise and also when I shoot long range from the bench.

No hidden problem with the assembly everything went together like they should. I stopped there because I haven't decided whether I'm going to make a pistol or rifle out of it.

Alex V
03-17-18, 10:13

May not even need that. I have a sinking keeling that November 2018 will be a repeat of 1928. We just lost a Congressional seat in PA in a district Trump carried by some 20 points. Add to that more R retirements that D's and we very well may loose both houses. Then the national level fun begins.

RazorBurn
03-17-18, 10:16
May not even need that. I have a sinking keeling that November 2018 will be a repeat of 1928. We just lost a Congressional seat in PA in a district Trump carried by some 20 points. Add to that more R retirements that D's and we very well may loose both houses. Then the national level fun begins.

This right here is what scares the hell out of me. If they get another shot at full majority they will make our lives miserable!

Moose-Knuckle
03-17-18, 11:43

This is why the deep state propaganda apparatus known as the mainsteam media has been non-stop with Trump since the election.

"The fourth estate is now the fifth column."

Outlander Systems
03-17-18, 12:17
https://badgerhoundsupply.com/product/poverty-pony-sticker/

https://badgerhoundsupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3456567-211757.jpg

That mag is more reduced than you think. It's a 5 rounder. I use it to clamp the lower into the bench vise and also when I shoot long range from the bench.

No hidden problem with the assembly everything went together like they should. I stopped there because I haven't decided whether I'm going to make a pistol or rifle out of it.

223to45
03-17-18, 12:19

I predict another one in September or October. Just before midterms.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

26 Inf
03-17-18, 22:53

I would think that a simple black one minus the heart and rainbow, with the lettering in a stencil font, topped off with one of those circle slash no signs would be a covert way of announcing your status as a connoisseur of quality rifles to the knowing observer.

On the other hand, why be a hater, I'll bet Sam's 'Poverty Pony' lower works with Gen 3 PMAGS. :jester:

Sam
03-18-18, 09:08
I would think that a simple black one minus the heart and rainbow, with the lettering in a stencil font, topped off with one of those circle slash no signs would be a covert way of announcing your status as a connoisseur of quality rifles to the knowing observer.

On the other hand, why be a hater, I'll bet Sam's 'Poverty Pony' lower works with Gen 3 PMAGS. :jester:

Lol. I bet my homeboy Outlander is a closet Anderson lover. Btw, I don't even have a Gen3 PMag. I am really in the poverty zone.

Outlander Systems
03-18-18, 09:11
Lol. I have an Anderson barrel on one of my gatpieces. If I ever posted the story behind the why, you bastards would ban the shit outta me!

Lol. I bet my homeboy Outlander is a closet Anderson lover. Btw, I don't even have a Gen3 PMag. I am really in the poverty zone.

Sam
03-18-18, 09:20
Lol. I have an Anderson barrel on one of my gatpieces. If I ever posted the story behind the why, you bastards would ban the shit outta me!

Post it or you'll be banned :)

Hey, I have a Barska scope ($175) that I've shot out to 500 yds. Don't laugh at cheap stuff.

Outlander Systems
03-18-18, 09:24
Lol.

TL;DR: Was replacing handguard on a very well regarded manufacturer's mid-length upper. Barrel separated from extension. Never contacted manufacturer. Was so mad, went to TruPrep, bought an Anderson barrel, and never looked back.

Post it or you'll be banned :)

Sam
03-18-18, 10:34
Lol.

. Barrel separated from extension. Never contacted manufacturer. Was so mad, went to TruPrep, bought an Anderson barrel, and never looked back.

The barrel just sheared off the extension ??? wow.

soulezoo
03-18-18, 13:09
Waaay back when Noveske was getting started, he sourced his lowers from Anderson. I was at the LGS to get a lower and Noveske marked lower was $150 (at the time) and the Anderson was $50. Bought the Anderson, mated to a Noveske Reece upper and have never noted a difference. (Full disclosure, I have a Noveske chainsaw lower mated to BCM upper, and a full gen 3 Noveske build- among others including a few 80% builds). Frankly, I don't see a flaw in the Anderson and it's tight to the upper. But then again, this lower is about 20 years old too.
Eta... I had to go look it up. It's closer to 16 years old.

Biggy
03-19-18, 16:24
In my area of Ohio I am seeing a small but steady increase in panic buying since the Florida school shooting. IMHO, when the next major shooting occurs ( I hate to put it that way, but thats the reality of it, IMHO) we will be at DEFCON 5 or full blown panic buying. All semi-auto firearms, all mags over 10 rds, all the popular ammo calibers, AR spare parts, etc., etc. Also, I fully expect more than a few politicians to flip or vote for bans and other anti-gun laws. I think most of them absolutely know that no amount of new laws will prevent future shooting, but they will cave to the anti-gun crowd saying, we just have to do something.

Sam
03-19-18, 20:02
I think my next panic purchase might be a "ghost" polymer 80% frame. :)

soulezoo
03-19-18, 20:10
I think my next panic purchase might be a "ghost" polymer 80% frame. :)

Mine was...

The_War_Wagon
03-19-18, 21:03

Schweet! Anderson's new logo? :jester:

Sam
03-21-18, 20:52
Both Brownells and Midway are out of the Glock lower parts kit.

Sam
03-28-18, 13:52
TruPrep is out of the Poverty Pony lowers :)

RetroRevolver77
03-28-18, 18:48
TruPrep is out of the Poverty Pony lowers :)

I remember years back when those cheap plastic lowers were all the rage.

Thankfully I have class- so all mine say Colt.

7n6

MountainRaven
03-28-18, 19:58
I remember years back when those cheap plastic lowers were all the rage.

Thankfully I have class- so all mine say Colt.

7n6

All the Poverty Pony lowers I've seen have been aluminum. Or a metal substance masquerading as aluminum, at least.

Arik
03-28-18, 20:08
All the Poverty Pony lowers I've seen have been aluminum. Or a metal substance masquerading as aluminum, at least.I think he's talking about Plum crazy lowers or whatever those plastics ones were.

RetroRevolver77
03-28-18, 20:44
I think he's talking about Plum crazy lowers or whatever those plastics ones were.

Yes, seems like every few years we hit a new low.

Sam
03-28-18, 21:26

SeriousStudent
03-28-18, 22:18
We REALLY need a like button here.

ramairthree
03-29-18, 00:06
Gun shops around me still full of stuff.

I have used Anderson, spikes, aero precision, del ton, Barnes precision, PSA, even a billet one, etc. lowers in several builds.
Nothing has been a problem except a single shot lower from FL, with a poorly tapped pistol grip hole. (Used for a large caliber bolt fed upper build.)

The only problem lower I have, in terms of compatibility, is the Colt SP1.

I have used chrome lined, phosphate, SS, and nitride barrels.
The only problem barrel I have is the bore or twist rate is off in a 5.45 I built and it keyholes.

Edit
I even used one of those polymer lowers a while back for an experiment in a lightweight built. It was too front heavy. It ended up with a .22 upper.

RazorBurn
03-29-18, 08:24
The largest local shop in my area is out of lowers, but still has plenty of AR's. A local pawn shop has a few lowers, and several AR's and AK's. At $89.95 for "Poverty Pony" lowers he's still sitting on them though. :D

Outlander Systems
03-29-18, 08:29
YES!!!!!!!!