PDA

View Full Version : Larue LT622 - Mounting Screws Protruding from countersink SLIGHTLY... problem?

midSCarolina
03-07-18, 23:00
I have an older Larue LT622 (for ACOG TA31) and when I mounted my ACOG in there, the mounting screws stick out just above the surface of the countersink. Talking about 0.25mm. This going to be a problem? Solutions?

Hammer_Man
03-08-18, 01:23
Call Larue and ask them.

midSCarolina
03-08-18, 14:21
Call Larue and ask them.

I just bubba'd it. Pretty easy solution but wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas before i pulled out the dremel. Those acog screws are made of some pretty tough steel but it turned out surprisingly well.

caporider
03-08-18, 16:19
I just bubba'd it. Pretty easy solution but wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas before i pulled out the dremel. Those acog screws are made of some pretty tough steel but it turned out surprisingly well.

Do you know if the screws came with the ACOG or the mount? LaRue usually provides screws that work correctly with their mounts...

midSCarolina
03-08-18, 22:50
Do you know if the screws came with the ACOG or the mount? LaRue usually provides screws that work correctly with their mounts...

They were the screws that came with the ACOG... not sure where the screws that came with the mount are.

Iraqgunz
03-08-18, 23:21
Hey look! A place for Optics and Mounts