View Full Version : Thor Ragnarok (Review)

WillBrink
03-09-18, 15:20
I have always enjoyed the Thor movies as they don't tend to take themselves too seriously, allowing me not to pick them apart. Super hero movies that take themselves seriously force me to take them seriously, and then I find myself picking them them apart and not enjoying the movie. Ragnarok is a ton of fun on all levels, and probably the best super hero movie I can recall: dialogue is great, CGI excellent, fun characters galore, visuals, action sequences, all of which left me not caring much about the details one could pick apart, like how Goddess of Death (Cate Blanchett) could beat the snot out of Thor, stab him, etc, without doing serious harm, yet he loses and eye (spoiler!) in a fight with her, how a body zapper to keep people from escaping could effect a God, and so forth. Frankly, I was having too much fun to care about those sorts of details that otherwise would bother me. Best of the Thor series easily, a must see for those who enjoy the genre. I give this one an A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg

R6436
03-09-18, 15:29
My favorite part is The Immigrant Song during some of the later action scenes.

WillBrink
03-09-18, 15:41

This may be one the rare super hero movies I see twice.

Averageman
03-09-18, 15:59
Thanks for the review, I always appreciate them Will.

BuzzinSATX
03-09-18, 18:24

That and the interaction between Doc Strange and Thor...those were my favorite parts too.

BuzzinSATX
03-09-18, 18:28
I have always enjoyed the Thor movies as they don't tend to take themselves too seriously, allowing me not to pick them apart. Super hero movies that take themselves seriously force me to take them seriously, and then I find myself picking them them apart and not enjoying the movie. Ragnarok is a ton of fun on all levels, and probably the best super hero movie I can recall: dialogue is great, CGI excellent, fun characters galore, visuals, action sequences, all of which left me not caring much about the details one could pick apart, like how Goddess of Death (Cate Blanchett) could beat the snot out of Thor, stab him, etc, without doing serious harm, yet he loses and eye (spoiler!) in a fight with her, how a body zapper to keep people from escaping could effect a God, and so forth. Frankly, I was having too much fun to care about those sorts of details that otherwise would bother me. Best of the Thor series easily, a must see for those who enjoy the genre. I give this one an A.

I agree on all counts! I bought the movie on Amazon Prime, so I watched it a few times. The extras that came with the movie were also very cool.

Great review, Will.

Kain
03-09-18, 18:31
I saw it in theaters. Found it quite enjoyable and funny. Liked that it didn't take itself too seriously, but you did have some meaningful character interactions as well as just hysterical scenes and lines. It very well might be one of the few times the sequel is better than the original.

R6436
03-09-18, 19:41
As a fan of good writing and character progression I was really happy to see Hulk have his own personality. Now that I think of it, the only part of the movie I was even close to disliking was how many rounds were fired on full auto without the 30-rounders going dry. I need Asgard mags!

Diamondback
03-09-18, 21:05
As a fan of good writing and character progression I was really happy to see Hulk have his own personality. Now that I think of it, the only part of the movie I was even close to disliking was how many rounds were fired on full auto without the 30-rounders going dry. I need Asgard mags!
Now imagine what those Asgard smiths could do with a Magpul D60 or the Surefire 100-rd coffin mag... *gigglesnort*

WillBrink
03-10-18, 07:03
Thanks for the review, I always appreciate them Will.

Glad you find them useful to choosing what you watch :neo: