PDA

View Full Version : Pet Vaccine Warning

WillBrink
03-12-18, 10:50
Some vaccines are warranted, but most not required yearly, some good for life, so make sure vaccines they get are actually needed at schedule they are recommending:

Veterinary surgeons are warning that cat and dog owners are spending tens of millions of pounds on unnecessary and sometimes dangerous vaccines.

More than 30 vets have signed an open letter warning many vaccines for pets given in yearly doses last much longer.

They have accused the pharmaceutical industry of "fraud by misrepresentation, fraud by silence and theft by deception".

But drugs companies say they are bound by rules from licensing authorities.

Because of a lack of research it can only give a minimum period of immunity - usually 12 months.

Yearly vaccines

The vets are warning the pharmaceutical industry and their own profession about the issue.

Cont:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3588457.stm

Det-Sog
03-12-18, 11:05
Thanks Will.

My wife has suspected this for years. Our animals are entering their geriatric years now, so we're done with vaccines. Many times they do cause more harm than good. It's a total $$$ scam with the annual flu and basic health BS. Even rabies can be done every 3-4 years now.

Watrdawg
03-12-18, 15:28
I get my pups their vaccines and boosters. After that they only get Rabies when they come due. If I happen to be boarding my dog then I'll get them a Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccine and that is it. Another scam is spaying or neutering as early as possible. They say it's to keep animals from getting various cancers. Dog's and cats will not have gone through puberty as early as Vets recommend doing this. Best is to let a female go through the 1st heat cycle and then do it if you are not planning on breeding. All of my male dogs have been left intact. No issues at all. However, if you have an overly aggressive male then neutering can be helpful.

skywalkrNCSU
03-12-18, 15:57
I get my pups their vaccines and boosters. After that they only get Rabies when they come due. If I happen to be boarding my dog then I'll get them a Bordatella (kennel cough) vaccine and that is it. Another scam is spaying or neutering as early as possible. They say it's to keep animals from getting various cancers. Dog's and cats will not have gone through puberty as early as Vets recommend doing this. Best is to let a female go through the 1st heat cycle and then do it if you are not planning on breeding. All of my male dogs have been left intact. No issues at all. However, if you have an overly aggressive male then neutering can be helpful.

For most people getting them fixed early is the best way to go because they are crappy pet owners and let their dog get knocked up/get another dog pregnant and then we just add to the already too high number of dogs out there. I’ve seen it happen too many times, especially with people who have trouble affording just their own dog.

WillBrink
03-12-18, 16:24

Have not seen that claim RE having an animals fixed.

RetroRevolver77
03-12-18, 18:16
For most people getting them fixed early is the best way to go because they are crappy pet owners and let their dog get knocked up/get another dog pregnant and then we just add to the already too high number of dogs out there. I’ve seen it happen too many times, especially with people who have trouble affording just their own dog.

People pay me for my dog to get their dog pregnant.

Hmac
03-12-18, 18:31
Our vet has taken care of our pets for 20 years. I trust him completely and take his advice on health-related matters for our three dogs and two cats, including immunizations and neutering. The horses are a different matter. I don't mind paying the vet...it's the horse chiropractor I'm inclined to watch carefully.