PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Amendment WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

randyman_ar
10-18-08, 23:13
Just curious, with the upcoming elections, polls, Dems in control of both houses and possibly all 3 branches, what are each of you doing to insure the 2nd survives? Voting? Writing senators and congressmen? Crossing your fingers? Nothing? I realize the vast majority here are military and LEO professionals, and am very interested in your views and opinions on another possible AWB.

ddemis
10-18-08, 23:26
If every gun owner joined the NRA weather you are LEO's, military or the average "Joe the plumber" then we would be unstoppable. I have written my state reps, congressman and even the president of the U.S.A. but unity trumps all. Join the NRA, donate whatever you can give and join with other members through grass roots activism and make obama think twice. Just my two cents.

topraider
10-18-08, 23:34
In the event of a possible AWB, I will call my congressman, the White House and talk to all gun owners that I know to do the same.

Voodoochild
10-18-08, 23:44
I am not going to give up my rights or my guns that is for damn sure. I will write, call, email, show up at their offices of my elected officials and demand they grow some balls and protect us and our constitutional rights.

randyman_ar
10-18-08, 23:51
I am not going to give up my rights or my guns that is for damn sure. I will write, call, email, show up at their offices of my elected officials and demand they grow some balls and protect us and our constitutional rights.

The question is WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NOW!!!!!???? Not what will you do? Surely we all see how critical this election is, with all its future Supreme Court appointments.

topraider
10-19-08, 00:12
So, what can we do besides voting and talk to other gun owners to also vote for a pro gun candidate and join the NRA ?

randyman_ar
10-19-08, 00:19
So, what can we do besides voting and talk to other gun owners to also vote for a pro gun candidate and join the NRA ?
ORGANIZE!!!! ORGANIZE!!!! ORGANIZE!!!! Or should I say UNIFY UNIFY UNIFY !!! How we do that, I don't know. But time is fleeting. I'm open for ideas.

1911pro
10-19-08, 06:43
Are you an NRA member? If not join. I would recommend their Easy pay Life member program. They are the largest Organized group we have.

Caeser25
10-19-08, 14:49
I spend every available penny I can on items that could be affected. I try to inform the ingnorant, write emails to my state reps and vote. I have to join the NRA:o

NickB
10-19-08, 16:52
Wearing a suit, knocking on doors in the Cannon Building.

SwatDawg15
10-19-08, 17:26
I agree the NRA is the first Step... If everyone would join then that would help. I have no idea why, but a whole lot of my LEO co-workers are not members, yet they LOVE guns and shooting... Dont make since why all gun owners dont sign up.

Mahk
10-19-08, 20:35
Buying ammo.

dan5505
10-19-08, 21:35
Myself, Im stockpiling guns and ammo and just filled out my absentee ballot.

Everyone can write there representative here.
https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml quick and easy

Those of you with representatives from these states may have the greatest impact on shutting down H.R. 6257, the "Assault weapons ban reauthorization act" which is in the crime, terrorism, and homeland security subcommitie right now.

Robert C. Scott (D-VA) [Chairman] 202-225-8351
Maxine Waters (D-CA) 202-225-2201
Bill Delahunt (D-MA) 202-225-3111
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) 202-225-5635
Hank Johnson (D-GA) 202-225-1605
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) 202-225-6616
Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) 202-225-3816
Artur Davis (D-AL) 202-225-2665
Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) 202-225-2906
Betty Sutton (D-OH) 202-225-3401

Minority Members (Republicans)

Louie Gohmert (R-TX) [Ranking Member] 202-225-3035
J. Randy Forbes (R-VA) 202-225-6365
F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. (R-WI) 202-225-5101
Howard Coble (R-NC) 202-225-3065
Steve Chabot (R-OH) 202-225-2216
Dan Lungren (R-CA)

Phone numbers are the DC numbers

Voodoochild
10-19-08, 22:36
The question is WHAT ARE YOU DOING? NOW!!!!!???? Not what will you do? Surely we all see how critical this election is, with all its future Supreme Court appointments.

Doing what I can from afar away land. Which boils down to writing emails and the fact that I belong to a few Pro-Gun organizations. VCDL is a really good local/State group that is very pro-active.

30 cal slut
10-20-08, 07:57
1) voting for McCain / Palin

2) i don't have any pro-gun congress-critters to vote for in my area. in fact, my congressman is one of the co-sponsors of the latest AWB. if there are acceptable liberterian candidate alternatives, votes go to them. in lieu of a vote, i send a letter to the congresscritter explaining why he or she did not get my vote even though they were on the party ticket.

3) i've been writing a bunch of checks to NRA SATF as the requests have been rolling in.

4) praying fervently for folks to get off their butts and vote for pro-gun Congress, if the White House is out of reach.

LegalAlien
10-20-08, 08:26
In the event of a possible AWB, I will call my congressman, the White House and talk to all gun owners that I know to do the same.

Then my man, I suggest you get on the phone and start calling now.

Read all about it - H.R 6257 - Assualt weapon Ban Re-authorization Act of 2008

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

Sponsored by a REPUBLICAN TRAITOR from IL

Co-Sponsored by 4 additional REPUBLICAN TRAITORS from DE, NJ, FL and CT

And, it is much more specific and restrictive than the old Bill.

Write your Representative to have this killed before January next year!!

Wolfgang
10-20-08, 09:26
First, I have pretty well established my gun needs and basically met them.
Secondly, I am building a supply of ammo and other related needs for the guns.
Thirdly I am a member of:
Gun owners of America
National Rifle Assoc.
Texas State Rifle Assoc.
I stay informed and active using the resources of these organizations.
I keep people reminded that this is not just a "gun" thing, it's a liberty thing.
It has to do with the Bill of Rights, and Obama's desire to "constrain" those rights. He's smart enough to know what "shall not be infirnged" means, he simply does not care. Anyone with this mindset has more than constraining firearms in mind.

CarlosDJackal
10-20-08, 12:18
1) I'm continuing to teach as many Basic Firearms classes as possible.

2) I'm going to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket.

3) I've been working to convince others of the evil that would come with an obama/biden administration.

4) I've been stocking up on ammo for the inevitable race riots.

Although, I am not sure whether or not the pro-gun incumbent for my Congressional District (Virgil Goode - VA District 5) will get my vote though. He recently announced that he was against immigration (not to be confused with illegal immigration). So I wrote him and the RNC for my state a letter and have yet to hear back from any of them. I am holding back any contribution to that party until I hear back from them (which I don't think will ever happen). Whether or not his supposed pro-gun DNC candidate will get my vote has yet to be seen.

ddemis
10-20-08, 12:54
I recently learned nearly half of all gun owners don't belong to NRA. Why? The next time your at the range, a guns show, or just an average social event ask friends and associates if they belong, if not hand them some literature and ask them to join. If just another 1/3 of the gun owners joined we would be unstoppable. Get out there, organize and vote!

buzz_knox
10-20-08, 13:02
I've been recruiting people for the NRA and for "contact your Congress critter" campaigns. I've also seized opportunities to explain to various "newbies" why an AWB would harm their interests.

Voting for McCain/Palin goes without saying.

LRS143
10-20-08, 13:10
I'm forwarding the information to everyone I know that I have found on obama's stance on Second Amendment related issues... and i made a banner
http://divebombinc.com/i/sayno.jpg

ddemis
10-20-08, 13:19
I love it! I recently read on the NRA's web site that obama's attorneys sent a cease and desist order to them threating legal action if they did't stop airing commercials about his ant-gun bills he pushed in the Ill. state senate and his voting records in congress. Seems in todays George Orwellian style world telling the truth is politicaly incorrect also. This guy needs to be stopped, get out and vote!

ddemis
10-20-08, 13:59
I just got done writing my state rep. Jon Porter to oppose the reauthorization of the AWB H.R. 6257. I hope all of you will do the same by writing your state reps today. Our future rights depend on it!

sandpacker21
10-20-08, 15:20
In the worst case if Obama does win. The Democrats will not get the filabuster proof 60 they need. As long as everone of the Conservative,Republican ects go out and vote.. The left wing media is triing to paint it like we have lost already........ Like I said even if Obama wins as long as you vote the democrats will not have or get the 60 seats they need to go unopposed,,,
I hear you guys saying I emailed or call MY rep..... That is good but you need to call email or mail the Democratic reps as well as your Republican ones!!!!!!

Vote McCain/Palin and vote against socalisim

randyman_ar
10-20-08, 16:16
I'm an NRA Life member, and e-mail my senators and congressman numerous times. The responses I get indicate they will support any new AWB that proposed.

While the NRA and GOA are great lobbying tools, I think we need step up our individual efforts as well(10000's of calls and e-mails). This next observation will probably get me flamed but here goes.....If you look at the homosexual community, the minority they are verses the political clout they wield today, and how they accomplished this, I can't understand why, by our sheer numbers as gun owners alone, we can't have every politician running scared of any bill that hinted any form of gun control.

Abraxas
10-20-08, 16:30
In the worst case if Obama does win. The Democrats will not get the filabuster proof 60 they need. As long as everone of the Conservative,Republican ects go out and vote.. The left wing media is triing to paint it like we have lost already........ Like I said even if Obama wins as long as you vote the democrats will not have or get the 60 seats they need to go unopposed,,,
I hear you guys saying I emailed or call MY rep..... That is good but you need to call email or mail the Democratic reps as well as your Republican ones!!!!!!

Vote McCain/Palin and vote against socalisim

The problem with your logic is the fact that many of the so called Republicans are liberal right stomping R.I.N.O.'s that will vote with the Dumbacrats.

Wolfgang
10-20-08, 17:09
Be sure and join Gun Owners of America, and also your state and local organizations.

AR-15Tom
10-20-08, 18:20
I recently learned nearly half of all gun owners don't belong to NRA. Why? The next time your at the range, a guns show, or just an average social event ask friends and associates if they belong, if not hand them some literature and ask them to join. If just another 1/3 of the gun owners joined we would be unstoppable. Get out there, organize and vote!

Actually, according to the NRA there are 80 million registered gun owners in America but only about 4 million NRA members. That's only 5%. Imagine how many more gun owners are unregistered. I impress on everyone from friends, relatives, coworkers and anyone else who will listen the importance of joining the NRA or any other pro-gun lobby.

As far as the election is concerned, remember that the presidential election is the main event. All 435 House seats and many important Senate races are also up for grabs. Not to mention local races from judges to councilman to even township trustees. Do your part to elect pro gun politicians in every race, big or small, so we can all continue participating in this wonderful sport.

KintlaLake
10-21-08, 06:54
...i made a banner

Very clever -- but in my view, McCain-Palin is more of a deodorant than an anti-perspirant. :o

LRS143
10-21-08, 09:58
Very clever -- but in my view, McCain-Palin is more of a deodorant than an anti-perspirant. :o

I liked the "High Endurance" and "Arctic Blast" part and thouht it fit well.

CarlosDJackal
10-23-08, 11:04
I just got done writing my state rep. Jon Porter to oppose the reauthorization of the AWB H.R. 6257. I hope all of you will do the same by writing your state reps today. Our future rights depend on it!

I hope the POS Republicans who introduced this bill (HR 6257 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257)) gets elected out of office soon!! They're no better than the brady bunch. :mad: