PDA

View Full Version : Looking for A5 Clarification

R6436
03-15-18, 10:45
Been ready any threads I can find on the A5 buffer system...I feel I'm getting more confused the more I read.

If I'm following things correctly, the A5 system is an intermediate step between the standard rifle buffer system and the carbine system. If so, the way I understand it is the A5 is meant to replicate the physics of a rifle buffer/gas system in order to give the same performance with shorter gas systems. From what I could find online, the weight of a rifle buffer is 5.2oz and an A5H2 is 5.3oz. Am I correct in concluding then that an upper that runs on a lower using a rifle buffer system will perform the same way on a lower with an A5 system using an A5H2 buffer?

I ask because I'm looking to switch out my fixed A2-style stock with an UBR Gen 2 and would like to use an A5 buffer system with my 16" mid length upper that is paired with the lower.

I realize I can fine tune things later if wanted, at the moment I just want to make sure I have the correct starting point.

Clint
03-15-18, 12:07
You've got it.

Pappabear
03-15-18, 13:44
I think you will be pleased with that approach. The old UBR's wouldn't accept the A5 if I remember, causing me to switch them out. The A5 system is so good, I run it on every AR, period. It's good stuff.

PB

HeruMew
03-15-18, 13:53
You're on the money in my eyes.

I am running 2 different A5 setups. Considering a third. All I need at this point is the tube. Might just go pistol.

R6436
03-15-18, 16:56
Thank you all for letting me know I was following things correctly :-)