BillB
03-15-18, 15:55

Hope it was worth all the anticipation.

sva01
03-15-18, 16:12
Where did you order it from?

BillB
03-15-18, 18:37
Brownells. Bill Geissele advised that Brownells would be the first to receive them once they were FINALLY ready for sale. So I pre ordered from them a very long time ago, basically as soon as I saw them listed on their site. Sure enough.

Stickman
03-15-18, 20:30
Update us once you get it installed please. Both dry fire and real world range time input would be fantastic, thanks!

Rogue556
03-15-18, 20:49
Ordered one today myself and I truly hope it is worth the wait. I'm surprised Brownells still has them in stock, honestly. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up with the SD3G, SDE, G2S/SSA, and BCM PNT triggers I already have.

By the way, if anyone is looking to order one, I got $15 off and free shipping using code NCS at checkout.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SeriousStudent
03-15-18, 21:09
I have one on order, and am going to drop it into a spare precision rig I built.

Observations will follow.

scottryan
03-15-18, 21:15
tag for later reading

hotrodder636
03-15-18, 21:53
This might take place in my SBR lower if good praises come.

BillB
03-15-18, 22:22
My plan with this was (is) a precision gun, specifically my wallet killer I just finished, it will take the S3G in it now and it will get moved to my new 14.5".
I too hope the wait was worth it, knowing Bill Geissele, it will. I have Geissele triggers in every one of my rifles and love them all, and they all have pretty much been what Mr. G says they are and I don't see why this one would be any different. That's my thinking anyway.
I don't know about you guys but growing up that's all we shot, nice crisp and scary light, single stage triggers. While this one doesn't pretend to be scary light but if the short pull and crisp break are there and the reset is as described I think we will all be happy.
The PNT triggers mentioned are just about the best mil-spec trigger I've ever used. Perhaps there are better but they we re not the ones I shot with.
I have two brand new lowers that are still being held hostage but maybe I'll try to build a new one just for this trigger when they are finally releasedq, if not I'll stick with the original plan and put it in the wallet killer.

Achilles11B
03-15-18, 22:37
I have an SPR-ish build that needs a trigger and I’ve been scouring for a good single-stage trigger. I’m looking forward to a range report.

Hammer_Man
03-15-18, 23:52
:cool: Looking forward to your observations.

squid8286
03-17-18, 09:05
Depending on what I hear on here, I may have to have one.

BillB
03-17-18, 09:38
I have an SPR-ish build that needs a trigger and I’ve been scouring for a good single-stage trigger. I’m looking forward to a range report.

I have pretty high confidence in Geissele products. I think they really think about things before they bring something to market.
Question, who else makes a single stage trigger for an AR? Timney? A true single stage?

556BlackRifle
03-17-18, 11:11
I'm just finishing up a DMRish build. I'm very interested in hearing how this trigger performs. Thanks in advance for keeping us updated.

BillB
03-17-18, 11:58
I'm just finishing up a DMRish build. I'm very interested in hearing how this trigger performs. Thanks in advance for keeping us updated.

Yeah, no problem. I always have wanted Geissele to make a single stage unit ever since I got the first SSA-E and was so impressed with it.
I think a DMR/SPR type or any other precision platform would be a good type for a single stage. I ordered mine with my Mk12 in mind. I think though that people who are used to or have only ever shot two stage triggers will have a bit of a learning curve when or if switching to a single. Me personally prefer a single because they're what I grew up shooting.

BCMNick
03-17-18, 12:01
I have a couple of Geissele triggers in a few of my rifles, I have the S3G in my go to rifle and that thing is stupid light. Idk how they could really improve vs. that trigger.

BillB
03-17-18, 14:53
Yeah, I like the S3G too. It is indeed light. It does have some shared characteristics with a ss but at the same time it is a hybrid as per Mr. Us own description. There is just less overall movements in a ss, a true as and that is why I think it may not be for everyone particularly folks schooled on 2 stage triggers. A long time ago the saying used to be " You either love or hate a 2 stage trigger" ,because they weren't really that common. The opposite seems to be true now especially among AR shooters, unless you stuck with the mil spec switch and they are not representative of what a really sweet as trigger can do. The BCM/ALG PNT triggers are really a nice trigger but they're not even close to what I'm HOPING for here.
We shall see.

dcf1981
03-17-18, 17:05
I received my SSP yesterday and installed it in a BCM pinned BFH 14.5” with a KMR-A that I have. I’ve only dry-fired it, but it may be my favorite trigger. I have several SSA’s, SSA-E’s, Tricon’s, and S3G’s. The closest comparison I could make is the second stage of an SSA-E with no travel whatsoever, just apply pressure and it breaks. It would be great for a DMR or hunting rifle, I’m not 100% on using it for a duty rifle. There’s no getting off the trigger once you begin applying pressure like you can with a two-stage. My S3G’s have the heavier trigger spring installed, so I can’t really make a comparison between the two except that the S3G has a bit of travel before it breaks, where the SSP doesn’t have any.

BillB
03-17-18, 17:38
dc, it's great to hear from an actual user. Your words are precisely what I was expecting to hear, no make-up, clean, crisp break and hardly any movement. How is the reset?
Your description and assessment is why I said that these may not be for everyone, or to everyone liking. I'll admit to seeing a limited role for these but it could fill it's role very well.
Again, hood to hear something about these.

dcf1981
03-17-18, 18:34
dc, it's great to hear from an actual user. Your words are precisely what I was expecting to hear, no make-up, clean, crisp break and hardly any movement. How is the reset?
Your description and assessment is why I said that these may not be for everyone, or to everyone liking. I'll admit to seeing a limited role for these but it could fill it's role very well.
Again, hood to hear something about these.
The reset is good, short and tactile. I like the trigger a lot, but for a HD/duty gun not much margin of error compared to an SSA or even a S3G. I won’t know for sure until I get to the range, but I’m curious to see if it is easy to inadvertently bump-fire. That’s an easy fix by properly following through, but may be an issue for some.

Rogue556
03-18-18, 10:23
My S3G’s have the heavier trigger spring installed

Did your SSP come with a 4.5lb and 3.5lb spring? I thought I remember Geissele stating there would be two spring options for this trigger so want to verify.

dcf1981
03-18-18, 10:41
Did your SSP come with a 4.5lb and 3.5lb spring? I thought I remember Geissele stating their would be two spring options for this trigger so want to verify.

The SSP only came with one spring, I would assume it’s a 4.5lb spring but it doesn’t feel that heavy. I don’t have a trigger scale to measure, but the 3.5lb spring is usually purple and the installed spring was grey/silver in color.
ETA: I don’t know if I’d even install a lighter spring if it was available as the installed spring is plenty light.

Rogue556
03-18-18, 13:43
I actually just checked Brownells website again and it lists it at 3.5 lb. Midway has it listed as 3.5 lb or 4.5 lb, and Geissele's site doesn't have it listed, surprisingly.

Talk about confusing..

dcf1981
03-18-18, 18:17
I actually just checked Brownells website again and it lists it at 3.5 lb. Midway has it listed as 3.5 lb or 4.5 lb, and Geissele's site doesn't have it listed, surprisingly.

Talk about confusing..

I would say it definitely feels like 3.5lbs, like I said earlier the closest comparison I could make is the second stage of an SSA-E with no pre-travel. Just pressure and it breaks, cleanly. Perhaps the reason it can be 3.5lbs without a purple spring is due to the geometry of the engagement surfaces vs an S3G which needs the lighter spring for 3.5lbs or the standard spring for 4.5lbs.

bakuon
03-19-18, 12:18
Is there a tangible difference between the SSP and the S3G? Barring the slight difference in trigger pull weight & the whole SSP is a true single stage vs S3G isn't a true single stage. What exactly does that mean anyway?

Lincoln7
03-19-18, 16:47
Can anyone confirm if this will work in a 9mm AR? I would have been content with the SD-3G but they don't reset.

dcf1981
03-19-18, 17:49
Is there a tangible difference between the SSP and the S3G? Barring the slight difference in trigger pull weight & the whole SSP is a true single stage vs S3G isn't a true single stage. What exactly does that mean anyway?

The S3G has a decent amount of pre-travel, no wall, then breaks very cleanly. The SSP has no travel, a distinct wall, and breaks very cleanly.

ace4059
03-24-18, 06:32
I got mine a few days ago and tried it out Friday. All I can say is holy cow!!! I am not a fan of my S3G and preferred the SSA until today. This is now my top liking.

Expensive but worth it. A+

skatz11
03-24-18, 10:42
How does this compare to a Hiperfire 3G? The description of the feel the trigger sounds similar.

I put a Hiperfire in my Sig MPX and I was surprised how much I liked it. Full disclosure this gun it being used for steel challenge and USPSA PCC.

I’m a die hard 2 stage trigger fan. All of my other ARs have a 2 Stage “G” trigger of some flavor.

Rogue556
03-24-18, 11:01
I have just over 200 rounds with the SSP now. Initial impression is very positive. So much so, in fact, that I may put this trigger in all my rifles that are not precision oriented (I like the SSA-E/SD-E for those).

The trigger has very similar characteristics to a BCM PNT but with a much smoother break, much lighter pull weight, and a shorter, very crisp reset. The break itself feels VERY light in comparison to other single stage AR triggers. You can run this trigger very fast (think Geissele S3G/SD3G) yet it works very well if precision shots are needed. Over all this may be my favorite trigger now. I wouldn't say it feels like a bolt gun trigger, but it definitely fits the bill for an awesome all around trigger.

I'll be buying more of them for sure.

BillB
03-24-18, 14:00
Thanks so much Rogue556. Sounds like my hopes and expectations will be met.

Glass04
03-24-18, 22:10
Any idea when the flat face model will ship? Waiting for my pre-order from Brownell’s...

ace4059
03-27-18, 06:27
I shot my gun with my Sionics trigger in it today and it reminded me they produce a nice trigger. I think it’s their enhanced trigger and it’s a quality trigger. It made me ask myself if the giessele triggers are worth almost $200 more. I’ll have to try them back to back to see the difference. The giessele is a lighter pull but the reset might be close. I guess for a single stage the sionics/alg/bcm is hard to beat for the price.

I might try them side by side today or tomorrow and see what I decide.

Boba Fett v2
04-01-18, 22:24
Just a heads up, but Brownells has a 20% off deal on Geissele products right now, to include the SSP trigger. Use code "NCS" for an additional price reduction and free shipping. Just pre-ordered the flat bow version and paid $175 shipped. https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/productdetail.aspx?sid=193379&pid=98443