PDA

View Full Version : I need a Glock 19 in my life.

Shooterman017
03-15-18, 19:27
Went to buy one today (settled on a Gen 3), but right next to it in the case was a Gen 4 MOS.

I live under a rock and had no clue a 19 MOS was even a thing, which is great because I planned on putting an RMR on it, just wasn't sure how to go about it. This one had an OD frame, and my brain goes "hey, self, that should mean a tan and/or grey frame 19 MOS exists, right??" Dude behind the counter wasn't sure.

My google-fu is weak tonight; does a Gen 4 19 MOS with grey frame exist and have a part number??

Help me. :help:

SteveS
03-15-18, 19:44
The Gen 3 is wonderful.

Drifting Fate
03-15-18, 20:46
Gen 3 milled to your own RDS over a Gen "brass in your face" 4 MOS, but that's just me as a happy owner of multiple Gen 3's.

Having said that, I would give serious thought to a skipping to a Gen 5, which they will come out with in MOS form if they haven't already.

Patience is your friend.

26 Inf
03-15-18, 21:19
Does this help any? $179.00 + slide completion parts if you don't have them.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/rmr-cut-slide-for-gen3-glock-9mm-prod107977.aspx

(the link is to a 17 slide, the 19's are in the list on the right side - same price)

I bought one and it works fine, mine had the firing pin channel liner installed, I don't know why because they specifically said 'Channel liner required for these slides. Channel liners are a press fit and require a tool to install' but mine was installed.

Straight Shooter
03-15-18, 22:36
Gen 3 milled to your own RDS over a Gen "brass in your face" 4 MOS, but that's just me as a happy owner of multiple Gen 3's.

Having said that, I would give serious thought to a skipping to a Gen 5, which they will come out with in MOS form if they haven't already.

Patience is your friend.

DONT START that malarky again. Nothing wrong with the Gen4's...I cant stand the Gen 5's myself...and mine have more rounds thru them than many.

jpgm
03-15-18, 22:41
Shooterman017
Even though I like my P10c better, I have a Gen 2 G19 and love it. 19's are like a good .22 rimfire rifle, everyone should have one.

jpgm

Achilles11B
03-15-18, 22:46
I have a Gen 3 17 that has been like a good dog to me. Going Gen 3 + milling is a solid alternative to Gen 4 + MOS.

Big A
03-16-18, 08:42
Went to buy one today (settled on a Gen 3), but right next to it in the case was a Gen 4 MOS.

I live under a rock and had no clue a 19 MOS was even a thing, which is great because I planned on putting an RMR on it, just wasn't sure how to go about it. This one had an OD frame, and my brain goes "hey, self, that should mean a tan and/or grey frame 19 MOS exists, right??" Dude behind the counter wasn't sure.

My google-fu is weak tonight; does a Gen 4 19 MOS with grey frame exist and have a part number??

Help me. :help:

Lipsey's is the company partnering with Glock to make the different colored frames. AFAIK all MOS Glocks come in any color you want so long as you want black.(I could be wrong, but I've never personally seen an MOS w/colored frame.) If your LGS had an MOS with OD frame it was likely Cerakoted. My LGS Cerakoted a bunch of their regular black Glocks because the weren't moving as fast as the factory colored frames. They Cerakoted them, put factory night sights on them, marked em up $200 and sold em all rather quickly.

Toyoland66
03-16-18, 08:47
My understanding of the MOS is it’s a compromise, it’s modular so it can accommodate multiple optics, but because of that the optics sit higher on the slide.

OP should look in to buying a standard gen x and having the slide milled. Alternately if you are ok with a gen 3 you can buy a complete oem frame for relatively cheap and install an aftermarket slide that is milled. Gen 4/5 frames are also out there just more expensive.

товарищ
03-17-18, 18:41
Lipsey's is the company partnering with Glock to make the different colored frames. AFAIK all MOS Glocks come in any color you want so long as you want black.(I could be wrong, but I've never personally seen an MOS w/colored frame.) If your LGS had an MOS with OD frame it was likely Cerakoted. My LGS Cerakoted a bunch of their regular black Glocks because the weren't moving as fast as the factory colored frames. They Cerakoted them, put factory night sights on them, marked em up $200 and sold em all rather quickly.

I own an OD that isn't Cerakoted and they're still relatively easy to find (Model: PG-19572-03MOS).

I don't think gray or FDE are available for the MOS.

panzerr
03-18-18, 09:31

While the first gen 4 glocks had some erratic ejection Glock solved that problem years ago. The Gen 4 G19 is good to go.

whatthepuck
03-18-18, 19:25
As has already been stated, the MOS g19s only come in either black or OD green. I imagine the gen 5 g19/17 is right around the corner. The gen 4s are good to go. My 2016 and 2017 MOS g19s have been flawless. MOS is the way to go imho due to its modularity. I use Trijicon RM06s on my MOS 19s, and they’re great. But, I like having the option to switch over to a Deltapoint Pro or whatever Aimpoint eventually brings to market to compete with the RMR. I don’t like being married to just one optic like you are with a custom milled slide, and I like the fact that I can go back to a stock gen 4 g19 configuration too. Personally, I’ve had no issues with the MOS mounting system through about 800rds through both guns. I haven’t yet noticed the mounting screws becoming loose either.

The MOS guns get a big thumbs up from me.

CPM
03-18-18, 19:42
I have never been beaten on any clock by a shooter with an RMR(non full race gun).

Shooterman017
03-18-18, 20:44
Gonna try this. OD looks more like a Ranger Green and is pretty slick. I think I like it.

Dry fired and played with it for a day and threw the factory mag release in the trash, has a Vickers extended mag release now. Going to throw a couple hundred rounds through it shortly.

https://i.imgur.com/F0dl5MM.jpg?1

Big A
03-20-18, 10:57
I own an OD that isn't Cerakoted and they're still relatively easy to find (Model: PG-19572-03MOS).

I don't think gray or FDE are available for the MOS.

As has already been stated, the MOS g19s only come in either black or OD green.

Interesting. Thanks gents. Now I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one to go with my Gen3 OD 19.

Eurodriver
03-20-18, 17:58
I have never been beaten on any clock by a shooter with an RMR(non full race gun).

Set the targets at 200y and report back.

MegademiC
03-20-18, 18:15

The question is “could you beat yourself with an rmr?”

hile
03-21-18, 11:56
I too am interested in a MOS. In my case, my next GSSF coupon will be for a G34MOS gen5. I'm more likely to run a deltapoint pro on that than on a G19 myself. Glad you're able to find what you're looking for. I concur with others and prefer the Gen 4 where I can get it (no Gen 4/5 17Ls) or Gen 5.

Pi3
03-23-18, 19:56
how much lower is the red dot on a milled slide vs an mos?

Shooterman017
03-27-18, 19:33
200 rounds in and I like it, quite a bit. Been shooting my M&P since 2012 and I am more consistent with the 19.

This is exactly why I was looking to get an RMR put on it. Should be able to try it in a couple of weeks.

T2C
03-27-18, 20:20

A Glock 22 with OEM sights and 180g HP Federal will hit a B-27 at least 10% of the time at 200 meters. BTDT. If you shot from the roll over prone position I suspect you could do a little better.

I purchased another G19 Blue Label today. I suspect the 9mm with decent 124g ammunition will shoot a bit better at 200 meters.

Averageman
03-27-18, 22:46
All of my Glocks (3) are Gen-3, I purchased all three when the Gen-4's were doing the BTF thing.
My Wife and I took the G-17 out and although many folks here don't prefer to teach a new pistol shooter on a Glock, she did very well, but thought it was a little large for her.
I was on a recent business trip and found a Gen-4 G19 and bought it for her. She's pretty happy with it and shoots it bi-weekly now.

jpmuscle
03-28-18, 01:05
All of my Glocks (3) are Gen-3, I purchased all three when the Gen-4's were doing the BTF thing.
My Wife and I took the G-17 out and although many folks here don't prefer to teach a new pistol shooter on a Glock, she did very well, but thought it was a little large for her.
I was on a recent business trip and found a Gen-4 G19 and bought it for her. She's pretty happy with it and shoots it bi-weekly now.

Gen3masterrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Yankee
03-28-18, 07:34
I ditched all of my Gen 4 17 and 19 pistols because they never really worked for me. Reverted back to a classic Gen 3 17 for everything.

Gen 5 has changed that for me personally. The gun just works for me and I really like the improvements. Bought two Gen 5 19s last year and will be getting a 19X this week. Plan on getting two Gen 5 34 MOS pistols later this year to serve as gamer/HD/fun guns.

Boba Fett v2
04-02-18, 20:37
My personal ranking of the G19s I've owned:

1. 19X
2. G5
3. G2
4. G4

Obviously skipped the G3 altogether, but I have shot them. Got rid of the G2 and G4, but wish I had kept the G2.

WTF?Shane
04-11-18, 01:38
I purchased one up last month. I was messing with the Gen3 RTF2, Gen 4 and 5 at the store for an hour. The Gen 3 RTF2 felt the best to me, so I bought it.

Installed Vickers mag catch, Ghost 3.5lb connector and WOTG fiber optic sight. Need more range time so I can get to get used to the factory trigger.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/890/27236887148_401636cee0_z.jpg

MStarmer
04-11-18, 11:38
Just buy one of each. I have three gen 4's but honestly 3/4/5 they're all good. I have to admit one of my coworkers bought a 19X and I scoffed at it. But after handling it and shooting it at the range I was pretty surprised how well it shot. Had a fantastic trigger right out of the box.

Shooterman017
04-12-18, 17:34
A Glock 22 with OEM sights and 180g HP Federal will hit a B-27 at least 10% of the time at 200 meters.....I suspect the 9mm with decent 124g ammunition will shoot a bit better at 200 meters.

Managed a first round hit on reduced silhouette steel at 100 the other day, so I will certainly take that.

124gr versus 115gr out to 200, 124gr was way more consistent in this gun. I suck at shooting handguns so lets call it a less than 5% hit ratio...:sarcastic:

So far, I have zero desire to change anything having to do with the trigger feel/reset/weight. I just want to shoot it, I'm hooked.

HummerM4
04-12-18, 17:49
Managed a first round hit on reduced silhouette steel at 100 the other day, so I will certainly take that.

124gr versus 115gr out to 200, 124gr was way more consistent in this gun. I suck at shooting handguns so lets call it a less than 5% hit ratio...:sarcastic:

So far, I have zero desire to change anything having to do with the trigger feel/reset/weight. I just want to shoot it, I'm hooked.

The Glock 19 is a fantastic sidearm. I'm always a bit puzzled why people expect the Glock to be anything other than what it was designed to be. A combat sidearm highly effective within a range of 25 yards in real-world combat. And given that the vast majority of situations that civilians will EVER encounter, the Glock will deliver rounds on target effective every time all the time within the well documented distances that SD distances take place: 7 feet in three seconds.

The Glock just works. It's not sexy. It's not the "newest thing" but it just works.

Good enough for me.