PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose....

7.62NATO
10-19-08, 11:27
Im stuck choosing between a Colt 6920 and a Noveske Recce Middy 16". The Noveske is slightly more expensive, however it is a little more accessorized. In terms of reliability on the range and in the field (SHTF), what should I go with? I want to make a decision ASAP. Thanks.

austinN4
10-19-08, 11:40
Im stuck choosing between a Colt 6920 and a Noveske Recce Middy 16". The Noveske is slightly more expensive, however it is a little more accessorized. In terms of reliability on the range and in the field (SHTF), what should I go with? I want to make a decision ASAP. Thanks.
That would be a no brainer for me - I would go with the Noveske.

JBnTX
10-19-08, 11:55

That would be a no brainer for me- I would go with the Colt 6920.

I just bought two Colt 6920's and both are absolutely perfect
in every way.

You can't wrong with the Colt 6920!

hk51pdx
10-19-08, 12:48
I've had various Colts and Noveskes, and they are both excellent brands. The decision between them would likely be what you plan on doing with the rifle as far as accessories.

I happen to prefer the Vltor buttstocks (actually i like the E-Mod or Clubfoot rather than the standard Vltor Noveske offers) and Tango Down grips, so a rifle that comes with these is an advantage to me so i don't have to buy the new ones, and end up with the M4 buttstock and A2 grip laying around (you certainly could sell them to recoup costs).

Plus, i live in Oregon and i get a thrill having premium ARs stamped with 'Grants Pass, Oregon". ;)

As far as reliability i doubt there is a difference. Performance? The difference is not significant, but i'd lean toward Noveske.

Jim

7.62NATO
10-19-08, 15:06
What about re-sale value?

Stickman
10-19-08, 15:13
If you are stocking up on carbines to resell, go with Colt, its a better known name.

If you are stocking up on weapons to shoot, go with Noveske, its got a better barrel.

I would be happy with either, but would choose the Noveske. Both will command a premium over most other weapons on the used market.

Cruncher Block
10-19-08, 15:26
- self-edited -

Terryw123
10-19-08, 15:29
I just recently finished my N6 build and it is amazing!!!! Very accurate and reliable. Noveske for life!!!

ZDL
10-19-08, 15:56
If you are stocking up on carbines to resell, go with Colt, its a better known name.

If you are stocking up on weapons to shoot, go with Noveske, its got a better barrel.

I would be happy with either, but would choose the Noveske. Both will command a premium over most other weapons on the used market.

/end thread. :p

rob_s
10-19-08, 19:40
Agree with what Sickman said, with the caveat that I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with a 6920 by any means.

sideshowbob
10-22-08, 19:59
Colt demands a premium because of the name. Noveske demands a premium because the quality of parts and worksmanship.

Colt is your no frills basic carbine. Noveske you pimped out model.

RGT
10-22-08, 20:12

I would, and did, go with the Colt 6920. But there's really no bad choice here so... buy both!!

maximus83
10-23-08, 00:36
If I HAD to choose one of these, I'd get the Noveske, hands down. But honestly, if I had that much money at hand, I'd get this instead: an LMT lower with a good 2-stage trigger, a Sabre middy upper (LOVE their barrels), and spend the difference on ammo or an optic or improved sights. No I'm not getting into abstract debates about what is the "best" or "most milspec" gun, and not knocking the Colt or the Noveske. They're both great, and I've shot plenty of the Colts. I'm just sayin'.....that's what I'd do and prefer with MY money. And in fact, that's exactly what I did, earlier this year.

Good luck though, you're definitely in the realm of top-shelf quality with any of those choices.

NickB
10-23-08, 01:41
I will probably purchase a Colt 6920 in the near future to keep, shoot occasionally, and never modify. My Noveske, however, gets beaten like a red-headed step child, and I don't feel bad about it. His guns are top notch and expensive, but you get what you pay for. He offers one configuration as standard, but if you call the company directly, you can order just about any accessory you want installed on your rifle from the factory.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but for me it would be a cost analysis. How much would it cost to buy/configure the Noveske to your ideal spec, and how much for the Colt? For me, the Noveske is the more logical choice, but you may come to a different conclusion.

St.Michael
10-23-08, 09:33
Noveske if I had the chance. Good luck

BravoCompanyUSA
10-23-08, 12:39
I love having a couple of Colts in my stable.

But I would get the Noveski.