PDA

View Full Version : Dang, another school shooting in MD 3/20

platoonDaddy
03-20-18, 07:52
Early reports shooting at Great Mills HS in St. Mary's County Maryland.

No other reports, just the headlines. Hopefully it is contained.

Dang and double dang.

EDIT: Multiple injuries have been reported. https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html

Vandal
03-20-18, 07:54
Doesn't Maryland have some very strict gun laws? Why didn't those keep anything from happening, could it be because criminals are f*cking criminals.

hotrodder636
03-20-18, 08:13
Not many details yet but damn...

Just goes to show that evil will rise no matter the laws or regulations...though the left will not see it that way.

Vandal
03-20-18, 08:18
Initial reports, and we al know how accurate those are, are 7 wounded with 1 dead. Sounds like it was quickly contained. I'm hoping the only casualty was the shooter.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-18, 08:22
Oh it's Tuesday . . .

Doc Safari
03-20-18, 09:06
These things will not only continue, but also accelerate. And the drum to ban guns will bang louder and louder. Meanwhile it won't do a bit of good because there are already so many guns out there that it's impossible to "ban" them. That would be like banning iphones.

Arik
03-20-18, 09:25
Initial reports, and we al know how accurate those are, are 7 wounded with 1 dead. Sounds like it was quickly contained. I'm hoping the only casualty was the shooter.Just read 2 wounded, gunman wounded. But of course that could change a 100 today

"The shooter exchanged fire with a school resource officer on campus and was wounded, Cameron said. All three students are in critical condition, but the officer wasn’t injured. It wasn’t yet clear how the gunman was wounded."

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html?amp=y

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

platoonDaddy
03-20-18, 09:31
Just read 2 wounded, gunman wounded. But of course that could change a 100 today

"The shooter exchanged fire with a school resource officer on campus and was wounded, Cameron said. All three students are in critical condition, but the officer wasn’t injured. It wasn’t yet clear how the gunman was wounded."

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html?amp=y

Thanks for the link

I know it is early, if report accurate, I salute the SRO for his/her quick response. Too bad the shooter wasn't killed!

All the best to the wounded students for a speedy recovery.

Arik
03-20-18, 09:34
Different paper. 20 min ago still 2 + gunman. All wounded.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/k-12/bs-md-st-marys-shooting-20180320-story,amp.html

If it is indeed accurate good job by the school officer

SIGguy229
03-20-18, 10:06
I hope they quickly ID the shooter and any/all criminal records.

BrigandTwoFour
03-20-18, 10:13
Scuttlebutt from another venue listening to the radio chatter:

- male shooter targeted a female classmate
- SRO got involved
- another student injured during gunfire exchange
- shooter and original target in critical condition
- third student seriously wounded, but stable

I don’t think this will hit mainstream because it doesn’t fit the narrative. Can’t actually have good guys with guns stopping bad guys and all....people might get the wrong idea.

Doc Safari
03-20-18, 10:14
WINNING--CONFIRMED by another source:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/20/good-guy-gun-opened-fire-md-high-school-shooter-end-threat/

Reports indicate a resource officer at Maryland’s Great Mills High School “exchanged gunfire” with the attacker Tuesday morning to end the threat.

kirkland
03-20-18, 11:26
Stopped by a good guy with a gun. That's the only way to stop these shootings, to have somebody armed and willing on campus. But the left doesn't want to hear it, they just want to ban guns.

Coal Dragger
03-20-18, 11:31
Well what do you know when a department other than the Broward County Sheriff has a resource officer, that resource officer sacks up and takes care of business instead of hiding like a bitch.

Kudos to him.

Hmac
03-20-18, 11:43
Stopped by a good guy with a gun. That's the only way to stop these shootings, to have somebody armed and willing on campus. But the left doesn't want to hear it, they just want to ban guns.

Sheriff only confirms that the SRO fired a round and that the perp fired a round. He seems to be implying the possibility that the SRO fired and missed and that the perp killed himself. Other possibility is that the perp's gunshot wounded the male student and the the SRO killed him. At least, it appear clear that the SRO actively pursued the shooter.

Sam
03-20-18, 13:02
Jilted lovers/love triangle conflicts, it appears.

Once the perp was confronted and engaged by the officer, he lost all interest in any further attack. If only that happened in FL. :(

platoonDaddy
03-20-18, 13:44
Dang, they printed his name, was hoping that wasn't the case. In the following quote, I removed his name and inserted POS. It appears he used a handgun vs the dreaded black assault weapon.

POS, 17, entered Great Mills High School in Great Mills at the beginning of the school day and used a semi-automatic handgun to shoot a female student in a hallway, Sheriff Tim Cameron said. A male student also was shot.

There is an indication that a prior relationship existed between the shooter and the female victim, Cameron said. Details on a potential motive are not yet clear.

The 16-year-old female student was transferred to the ICU at UM Prince George's Hospital Center, where she has life-threatening injuries, Cameron said. The 14-year-old male victim is in good condition, according to the MedStar St. Mary's Hospital.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html

flenna
03-20-18, 13:56
Dang, they printed his name, was hoping that wasn't the case. In the following quote, I removed his name and inserted POS. It appears he used a handgun vs the dreaded black assault weapon.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Shooting-Investigation-Underway-at-St-Marys-Co-High-School-477374093.html

Well the article says “semi-automatic handgun”, since those will be next on the ban list.

Sam
03-20-18, 15:00
Purchasing a handgun by those under 21 is illegal. Just sayin' :)

Whiskey_Bravo
03-20-18, 15:02
Well the article says “semi-automatic handgun”, since those will be next on the ban list.

As long as it isn't capable of full semi auto.

Edit:

I also think it's funny that you can't find a single mention of this on CNNs main page.

joeg26er
03-20-18, 17:09
It's on the right side of CNN's home page as of 6:09pm EDT

"It's not yet clear whether the shooter, Austin Wyatt Rollins, was felled by the officer's bullet or killed himself. (how can this not be CLEAR???)
"DFC [Deputy First Class] Gaskill fired at the shooter ... almost simultaneously as the shooter fired," Cameron said. "This is something we train, practice and in reality, hope would never come to fruition. This is our worst nightmare."
Gov. Larry Hogan called Gaskill "a very capable school resource officer who also happened to be a SWAT team member."

mack7.62
03-20-18, 17:27
I don't really care if prep offed himself or not, the important thing is that there was a good guy with gun (ggwg?) there to confront shooter and stop threat.

flenna
03-20-18, 17:47
Purchasing a handgun by those under 21 is illegal. Just sayin' :)

Yes. And having a handgun on school property is illegal, along with murder. It still won't stop them from wanting to ban more guns.

MegademiC
03-20-18, 18:21
This shouldnt even be national news. We had stabbings and guns where i grew up (no shooting inside the school though that i remember)and it was never a huge deal(national news).

But then again, they werent pushing to ban knives or guns then either.

platoonDaddy
03-20-18, 18:22
Yes. And having a handgun on school property is illegal, along with murder. It still won't stop them from wanting to ban more guns.

If the firearms weren't secured, under MD law the father could lose his privileges to own firearms. Also in MD to purchase a handgun you must be 21, BUT within the last 2-3 weeks a student brought a finished handgun to school, yep a 80% Glock lower he purchased on the web.

On another note, this is one awesome security setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcpsnrxHdCc

Honu
03-20-18, 19:47
If the firearms weren't secured, under MD law the father could lose his privileges to own firearms. Also in MD to purchase a handgun you must be 21, BUT within the last 2-3 weeks a student brought a finished handgun to school, yep a 80% Glock lower he purchased on the web.

On another note, this is one awesome security setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcpsnrxHdCc

good idea unless of course some psycho decides to just go at lunch ? or morning or when getting out

read that some jihadi types were setting up/prepping to get bus drivers in place to one day do massive terror across the country drive onto train tracks drive off cliffs into the water blow them up set on fire etc.. no idea if true or not but scary to hear that was a plan they had

but I still fear every intersection crossing and the fact distracted drivers are still a bigger danger to me and my kids than any of the above