PDA

View Full Version : McMaster out, Bolton in

mack7.62
03-22-18, 18:41
as Trump's national security adviser

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/22/bolton-in-mcmaster-out-trump-announces-john-bolton-as-next-national-security-advisor/

Always liked John's style.

yoni
03-22-18, 19:08
Thank G-d!

Iran is in the sights. The ability to stop a future war involving nukes is here.

SteyrAUG
03-22-18, 19:22
Thank G-d!

Iran is in the sights. The ability to stop a future war involving nukes is here.

Pretty sure they have them by now. Who do you imagine funded the North Korea program? Now we just need to see if Trump and Co. have the sack to actually disarm Iran as their goal has always been to become a nuclear power.

skywalkrNCSU
03-22-18, 20:35
I don’t see how anyone can think this is a good move, Bolton still thinks invading Iraq was a good idea. This goes completely against what Trump campaigned on and even recently said about how invading Iraq was a dumb move.

grnamin
03-22-18, 20:44
Pretty sure they have them by now. Who do you imagine funded the North Korea program? Now we just need to see if Trump and Co. have the sack to actually disarm Iran as their goal has always been to become a nuclear power.I think Iran doesn't have the bomb yet because they haven't used it.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
03-22-18, 21:51
I don’t see how anyone can think this is a good move, Bolton still thinks invading Iraq was a good idea. This goes completely against what Trump campaigned on and even recently said about how invading Iraq was a dumb move.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton#Views_on_the_United_Nations

Bolton has been a strong critic of the United Nations for much of his career. In a 1994 Global Structures Convocation hosted by the World Federalist Association (now Citizens for Global Solutions), he stated,

There is no United Nations. There is an international community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that's the United States, when it suits our interests and when we can get others to go along.

No man is perfect, but Bolton is one of the better men for this job.

SteyrAUG
03-22-18, 21:52
I think Iran doesn't have the bomb yet because they haven't used it.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

They don't have a delivery vehicle. But never fear, North Korea is working towards their solution.

Dienekes
03-22-18, 21:54
I was impressed with McMaster--not that I know much. But he wrote what I think was the best book about Vietnam, "Dereliction of Duty". He castigated the Joint Chiefs for their long-running failure to stand up to LBJ when they knew better. Sort of like Hitler's generals.

Bolton is always "entertaining" but I suspect he is Trump's lesser known but impulsive brother.

"We'll see."

skywalkrNCSU
03-22-18, 22:02

Bolton has been a strong critic of the United Nations for much of his career. In a 1994 Global Structures Convocation hosted by the World Federalist Association (now Citizens for Global Solutions), he stated,

There is no United Nations. There is an international community that occasionally can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that's the United States, when it suits our interests and when we can get others to go along.

While I like his take on the UN I would rather have someone with a different opinion that also isn’t a massive warhawk. That is a much bigger deal in my opinion.

Diamondback
03-22-18, 22:19
They don't have a delivery vehicle. But never fear, North Korea is working towards their solution.

Don't need one if you rig a shipping container right... or if you don't mind sending a submarine or plane on a one-way trip.

Moose-Knuckle
03-22-18, 22:44

All that.

Funny thing, Bolton is a spitting image of my neighbor.

uffdaphil
03-22-18, 22:55
Every time I think Trump might be caving, he does somthing great. Now if he could only find a high-vis spot for Kurt Schlichter.

SteyrAUG
03-22-18, 23:36
While I like his take on the UN I would rather have someone with a different opinion that also isn’t a massive warhawk. That is a much bigger deal in my opinion.

Like I said, no man is perfect.

SteyrAUG
03-22-18, 23:40
Don't need one if you rig a shipping container right... or if you don't mind sending a submarine or plane on a one-way trip.

Yes, we learned on 9-11 you don't always need an ICBM. However some half assed Mexican cartel delivery system carries a lot of risk and if Iran is going to make the west glow, they want to be 100% because they can expect 100% retaliation and they know it.

Ironically, their first target would probably be Israel even though Israel doesn't have the same counterstrike capacity that we do. Maybe they would gamble we wouldn't send our nukes simply because Israel took a hit but you never know. But as soon as Iran has a reliable and dependable means of delivery, somebody will get hit.

Diamondback
03-23-18, 02:04
Yes, we learned on 9-11 you don't always need an ICBM. However some half assed Mexican cartel delivery system carries a lot of risk and if Iran is going to make the west glow, they want to be 100% because they can expect 100% retaliation and they know it.

Ironically, their first target would probably be Israel even though Israel doesn't have the same counterstrike capacity that we do. Maybe they would gamble we wouldn't send our nukes simply because Israel took a hit but you never know. But as soon as Iran has a reliable and dependable means of delivery, somebody will get hit.

I was actually looking at those new Boeings Obuttcheese sold 'em... wouldn't be that hard to do a double-shuffle, shoot down a similar bird over the Atlantic and assume its identity all the way into LaGuardia or JFK, then go off-script and cook it over the Financial District... ISTR that John Gardner, one of the more realistic of the 007 writers, actually had something similar in one of his novels (albeit a thwarted-before-starting plan) LONG before Tom Clancy did the Airliner Kamikaze in Debt of Honor.