PDA

View Full Version : Netflix: "Wild, Wild Country" Documentary

Dienekes
03-23-18, 18:12
Rajneesh, Oregon, 1981: This is now up and running. Fairly well done.

RetroRevolver77
03-23-18, 19:03
What?

Honu
03-23-18, 19:45
remember that :) shows how many idiots will blindly follow and give everything to someone ? IMHO all those folks should have just been walled in as a mental institution :)

austinN4
03-23-18, 20:02
Netflix: "Wild, Wild Country" Documentary

Just tried top put it in my Q and found nothing by that name.

Honu
03-23-18, 20:07
Just tried top put it in my Q and found nothing by that name.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80145242

austinN4
03-23-18, 20:29
https://www.netflix.com/watch/80145242

This is all I get when I put the words Wild Wild Country in NF search:

MOVIES & TV
Wild Country
Cowboy Country: The Complete Story of the Wild West

Maybe not out yet, maybe streaming only, but not showing any disc or future disc.

MountainRaven
03-23-18, 20:55
I've seen the tile for it on Netflix's streaming services. Haven't watched it, but I know it exists.

duece71
03-24-18, 11:26
Only on streaming......no disk.

HardToHandle
03-25-18, 08:28
I got just as far as the purchase of the ranch in Oregon. A bit slow as the backstory develops, but expect it to pick up with the guns and bio weapons shortly. These guys are the teaching example as the biggest bio attack in the US in the 20th Century.

SteyrAUG
03-25-18, 22:08
It never fails to amaze me who literally THOUSANDS of educated and financially successful people (which implies a certain level of competence) can be completely taken in by various cult leaders (and they are ALL cults if you have to pay your way to salvation) who have a very, very basic mishmash of basic religious belief / philosophy (usually Eastern) combined with some modern ideas / philosophy.

Moose-Knuckle
03-26-18, 01:28
What?

Inside the Crazy Sex Cult That Invaded Oregon
https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-crazy-sex-cult-that-invaded-oregon

Dienekes
03-26-18, 06:39
The rest of the story: http://readtheplaque.com/plaque/antelope-or

duece71
03-26-18, 09:31
The “Guru”owned 19 Rolls Royces........that says it all for me. Hypocrisy at its best.

SteyrAUG
03-26-18, 15:03
The “Guru”owned 19 Rolls Royces........that says it all for me. Hypocrisy at its best.

That was the "spin" he embraced spiritualism with modern materialism and promoted open sexuality. So all those wealthy people who liked sex suddenly found a spiritual rescue net. His followers knowingly bought him those cars and diamond Rolex watches and shit like that. Of course the problem is everyone involved was pretty much insane.

Even today with the attempted murders and poison attacks the members seem conflicted and while they say "the actions were wrong" they also say "you had to understand what we were dealing with at the time."

duece71
03-28-18, 11:23
I have watched most of the episodes......unreal how quickly it went south. The property in Oregon is now owned by Young Life camps worldwide....which is....ironically a Christian based organization for kids.

VARIABLE9
02-18-19, 00:33
Just finished this and it’s worth a watch imo. A bit slow, but interesting nonetheless. If you are into cult behavior I’d also recommend ‘Holy Hell’.

SteyrAUG
02-18-19, 01:55
Just finished this and it’s worth a watch imo. A bit slow, but interesting nonetheless. If you are into cult behavior I’d also recommend ‘Holy Hell’.

Now you want to watch "Going Clear" to really have your mind blown.

Firefly
02-18-19, 06:05
I wanna start my own cult. But a good one. No guns. Just wine, acoustic guitar and free love.

That said these weirdoes had Uzi carbines and Galils.

VARIABLE9
02-18-19, 14:48
Now you want to watch "Going Clear" to really have your mind blown.
Yes that’s on the list. Thanks for the recommendation.

SteyrAUG
02-18-19, 15:07
I wanna start my own cult. But a good one. No guns. Just wine, acoustic guitar and free love.

That said these weirdoes had Uzi carbines and Galils.

Church of Dionysus brother. One day when I need the serious tax write off, that's the church I'm starting. Food orgy begins promptly at 7pm.