PDA

View Full Version : What are your forum reading habits, if any?

26 Inf
03-25-18, 00:32
Getting ready to close up for the night and it struck me that maybe I'm not the only one who passes time until all their kids are all home before signing off.

Last one walked in moments ago, 10 minutes early, LOL.

Kain
03-25-18, 00:53
Depends on the day/night. Anywhere between 5Am-3Am. depending on the day and what is going on. Spent several hours on discord tonight off of another forum. So I did check here on and off. All depends.

R6436
03-25-18, 08:33
Depending on time of year, usually log on first thing in the morning while waiting on the coffee to brew to see if any of the threads I find interesting have updated. Sometimes log in at work if things are slow or there's a topic I want to keep on top of. Couple weeks ago when I was on vacation from work and researching into new parts/areas I don't think I ever manually logged off (was a few times I was booted due to internet issues from the fiber optic expansion in town).

Speaking of forum habits, is there any unwritten etiquette about PM'ing site members out of the blue?

usmcvet
03-25-18, 10:47
Depending on time of year, usually log on first thing in the morning while waiting on the coffee to brew to see if any of the threads I find interesting have updated. Sometimes log in at work if things are slow or there's a topic I want to keep on top of. Couple weeks ago when I was on vacation from work and researching into new parts/areas I don't think I ever manually logged off (was a few times I was booted due to internet issues from the fiber optic expansion in town).

Speaking of forum habits, is there any unwritten etiquette about PM'ing site members out of the blue?

I say PM whoever you want. We’re all here to learn and exchange information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

militarymoron
03-25-18, 11:50
I pop in randomly throughout the day - at home or at work or on the phone; always starting with 'new posts'.

Ryno12
03-25-18, 12:02
I pop in randomly throughout the day - at home or at work or on the phone; always starting with 'new posts'.

Same here.

However, there’s a been a particular group of members here that are becoming increasingly annoying, so my interest in this forum has been declining the over the last few months.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-25-18, 13:05
Usually before bed, I'll hit, in this order: GD, Precision Rifle Bolt Gun, Handguns-Semi Auto, AR GD, Fitness, and then sign off.

JC5188
03-25-18, 13:25
Visit every day, usually just read. Every now and then I’ll comment.

MegademiC
03-25-18, 13:44
During restroom breaks, mental breaks at work, and before bed typically.

m1a_scoutguy
03-25-18, 16:37
I'm off and on several times a day normally ! For some reason I always go to the EE 1st and look at Handgun Parts and Accessories. Then snoop around other EE headings and check out and see if there is anything of interest ! Check out GD normally next and look over new info/ideals/thoughts. Hit the Handgun area and then reloading. Basically always popping in & out through the day, and even at work sometimes if there is something that I want to keep up on. Never log off on my home PC,,its just the Wife and I so no big deal.

Doc Safari
03-28-18, 14:16
I pop in between stuff to do at the ranch. I may go patrol the fence line for an hour or two, then come back. Or I might be too busy all morning and only read in the afternoon (or vice versa). I leave the computer on all day and just click the "New Posts" button or check my email notifications every time I come in out of the sun.

I tend to keep the computer OFF during the weekends. I always want to maintain some "computer free" time in my life, and I use the weekends to do anything but surf the internet.

I've noticed that the posting traffic seems to drop drastically around here in the late afternoon: must be a lot of people posting from work on the East Coast. :sarcastic:

Arik
03-28-18, 19:19
Randomly. Usually around 7am, while drinking coffee when I get in to work. Afterwards whatever. I go to unread (taptalk) and just flip through the topics to see if anything catches my interest

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

elephant
03-28-18, 19:37
Usually every day around 7pm and again around 11pm, I'm on for usually about 20 minutes. At any given time I have 3-8 unread P.M.'s.

General Discussion first: read replies to post I'm subscribed to, read new threads that seem interesting.

AR general: read the same things that have been discussed 100 times, browse the KAC and Noveske photo thread.

EE: this is where I spend a huge percentage of my time. Looing for uppers, good deals etc.