PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 w/comp spring question

Spiffums
03-31-18, 12:46
I ended up going as light as 11 lbs recoil spring to get reliability with factory ball ammo for my G19 w/comp/. With SD ammo it worked perfect with stock weight recoil springs. Has anyone had any issues with using SD ammo with a recoil spring this light? I've got my competition guns tuned to run pretty light loads but they aren't in a life saving role.

joeg26er
03-31-18, 13:12
I ended up going as light as 11 lbs recoil spring to get reliability with factory ball ammo for my G19 w/comp/. With SD ammo it worked perfect with stock weight recoil springs. Has anyone had any issues with using SD ammo with a recoil spring this light? I've got my competition guns tuned to run pretty light loads but they aren't in a life saving role.

I have shot two G19s with comps and factory blazer/federal 115gr - no issues
one KKM comp, the other a TBRCI

What comp are you using that requires a lighter recoil spring for factory FMJ ammo and what ammo are you using/tried?

Wake27
03-31-18, 18:00
Also curious on your setup. I can run UMC, Blazer Brass, and federal white box stuff all without issue on my Roland Special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drtywk
03-31-18, 23:43
I run a 13# spring and stainless steel guide rod in my Roland Special and it eats pretty much anything I feed it. I also give it a heavy dose of 147gr with no issues as well.

Spiffums
04-01-18, 12:55
Suarze comp and threaded barrel. It locks up with the slide a little tighter than my KKM barrel and glock factory slide.

h00n
04-02-18, 11:49
My KKM combo runs most loads with the stock RSA. I find less muzzle flip with a lighter spring, so I run it with a 15lb. Going to try 13lb if I can get the bloody screw loose on the guide rod.

joeg26er
04-02-18, 14:16
My KKM combo runs most loads with the stock RSA. I find less muzzle flip with a lighter spring, so I run it with a 15lb. Going to try 13lb if I can get the bloody screw loose on the guide rod.

I noticed my kkm g19 with stock sights has POI just above the front sight dot
Does that match your results?

h00n
04-02-18, 15:09
I noticed my kkm g19 with stock sights has POI just above the front sight dot
Does that match your results?

Pretty close. I mostly did some function testing, speed, and retention shooting. On a plate rack, I did have to hold a little low with 147 and about dead on with 115. I sent it out to Jagerwerks for a bit of RMR, when I get it back I'll test POI with multiple weights.

h00n
04-16-18, 09:46
*UPDATE*

Changed to a 13lb spring, muzzle flip was hilariously low, but after about 300 rounds, FTRTB was endemic. Swapped to the stock RSA and malfunctions ceased all together. I got lucky, my Roland works very well with a stock RSA and WWB (the cheapest brass I can muster).

POI with 147 is higher than with 115 by a noticable amount. I may consider running a 115gr carry ammo after my findings.