PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Bobro mounts?

feedthemlead
04-01-18, 09:24
I have been looking around the forums for a new off-set mount for my Trijicon 1-8 and have seen a huge rush and then nothing on the Bobro mounts. What am I missing, something special, isn't this the same company that was making the Trijicon mounts before if not the design sure look the same to me!

mebiuspower
04-01-18, 10:42
Trijicon buys their 30/34mm cantilever QD mounts from Bobro.

SomeOtherGuy
04-01-18, 14:26
What exactly is your question? Post #2 is correct. Bobro mounts have been around for a while now and are well proven. Sometimes there is a flurry of discussion on something and then it goes quiet for many months, even years - this is just forum dynamics, not an indication of a problem. There's a lot of proven mount options including Bobro, ADM, Larue, etc., so it mostly comes down to personal preference and price.

feedthemlead
04-01-18, 14:44
Question is, and already answered they make QD for Trijicon but until about a year ago I've personally not heard of the company. I've always been the Larue guy but I see these hit the market at a premium then taper off in discussions and now...crickets.

Was more of an observational statement with a question attached.

HKGuns
04-01-18, 15:08
In my experience Bobro > Larue. They don't mar your rails like Larue and seem to mount more soundly.

longshot2000
04-02-18, 16:32
Agree with @someotherguy .

A while back LT had the QD release edge, now a number of great companies, and a bit of a return to screw-ones. Take. Look at Spuhr.

SteveL
04-02-18, 17:39
In my experience Bobro > Larue. They don't mar your rails like Larue and seem to mount more soundly.

I agree.

feedthemlead
04-02-18, 18:11
Well you guys make some very good points as usual..I guess the next thing I must do is get one and give it the old field training weekends! With that being said if anyone happens to have one stuck in the bottom parts bin let me know....I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks again everyone...good shooting.

MWAG19919
04-02-18, 18:15
I only have one mount but its a Bobro. No problems whatsoever. Although the lever is a bit bulky it’s worth it IMO because the mount is rock solid on my receiver without the need to adjust anything. And it’s non doesn’t mark up the gun, though that’s less important to me than RTZ and ease of use.

longshot2000
04-03-18, 05:08
Well you guys make some very good points as usual..I guess the next thing I must do is get one and give it the old field training weekends! With that being said if anyone happens to have one stuck in the bottom parts bin let me know....I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Thanks again everyone...good shooting.

I don’t know about there being a big fuss or following of Bobro. It is a solid and thoughtfully made mounts, but there are a half dozen other good mounts. Fuss might be for Spuhr .

Fatorangecat
04-03-18, 08:50
There would be more of a fuss for Spuhr if they were not so expensive. I have Spuhr and Bobro and love them both but I have yet to convince anyone I know to buy a Spuhr with the pricetag.

mebiuspower
04-03-18, 20:52
Geissele mounts are around the same price point as Spuhr yet nobody complained about them?

SomeOtherGuy
04-03-18, 21:25
Geissele mounts are around the same price point as Spuhr yet nobody complained about them?

But Geissele is cheap compared to Spuhr, for starters. Spuhr mounts run another $100 or so for comparable size and purpose, based on both past shopping and checking just now at Brownells (https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/mount-sets/picatinny-mounts-prod54837.aspx), Mile High and Euro Optic. Spuhr is so expensive that only GDI is in the same running, and lately I'm seeing much lower prices on GDI (still not cheap).

No question Spuhr makes a quality mount, but $400-500 is hard to justify. Geissele is around $300-325 at full MSRP. Other super premium mounts like Aadland and American Rifle Company are under $300, and I can't see any quality limitations with any of those.

And, for what does and doesn't get people to complain, Geissele is already well known in this forum/interest group for top quality on whatever he chooses to make, so people aren't surprised when a Geissele mount costs 50% more than other options.