PDA

View Full Version : Black Dog Machine Lock Back Followers

45r
10-20-08, 14:19
I understand that BDM magazines can be found with follower that will lock the bolt back on the last shot for the .22 conversion kits.

Were can I find these. I was not able to find them on the BDM webpage.

austinN4
10-20-08, 14:43
I was not able to find them on the BDM webpage.
I was able to - http://blackdogmachinellc.net/ciener-full-body-black.aspx

45r
10-20-08, 18:17
I can only use 10 round magazines in CA. I have the magazines I just need to followers.

Is this the correct follower to keep the bolt locked back.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/red-follower-3-pack.aspx

austinN4
10-20-08, 18:43
Your OP - sounded like you were looking for the mags. You probably should be asking Black Dog and not a forum.

GaryG
10-20-08, 19:12
Just a 'heads up' before you get your expectations too high . . .

The BDM BHO (bolt hold open) follower doesn't activate the AR's bolt release mechanism. As soon as you remove the magazine, the bolt goes forward.

45r
10-20-08, 19:46
Just a 'heads up' before you get your expectations too high . . .

The BDM BHO (bolt hold open) follower doesn't activate the AR's bolt release mechanism. As soon as you remove the magazine, the bolt goes forward.

Thanks for the heads up. No need for new followers in that case :D

thopkins22
10-21-08, 00:46
I like them because you don't risk peening the edge of your chamber due to accidental dry firing

Skip them in CA because they cost you three rounds. You'd have 7 round rifle mags.

DedEye
10-22-08, 09:20
I like them because you don't risk peening the edge of your chamber due to accidental dry firing

Skip them in CA because they cost you three rounds. You'd have 7 round rifle mags.

Odd, why does it cost 3 rounds in the 10 round mag, but only 1 round in the 27 round magazine? They both use the same magazine body.

thopkins22
10-22-08, 09:39
Odd, why does it cost 3 rounds in the 10 round mag, but only 1 round in the 27 round magazine? They both use the same magazine body.

Well it wouldn't. Perhaps my springs are a little long, because I've been utterly unable to get more than 24 rounds in any of my mags except for one which takes 25.