PDA

View Full Version : Specs on KAC micro 200m-600m sights?

MWAG19919
04-03-18, 16:41
I'm interested in upgrading my sights. I'm probably going to go with a fixed Scalarworks front, and for the rear I'm interested in a MBUS Pro LR and a Knights 600m.

I'm having a hard time finding specs on the KAC sights, such as aperture size and adjustment values at a given sight radius. I'm also interested in the post width of the KAC micro front to see how it compares to the Scalarworks and the MBUS Pro. I know these sights are popular on here, so does anyone know these specs?

GH41
04-03-18, 17:56
What purpose do you want these sights to serve?? To me, folding sights are for backup use. Why spend big bucks for adjustable/folding sights for backups?

npena84
04-03-18, 18:02
I have the KAC, and MBUS backup. So no experience with the pros. I find that the KAC aperture is rather small for cqb. That is also not what they are designed for. So intended purpose of the rifle, will set you on the right path.

MWAG19919
04-03-18, 18:33
What purpose do you want these sights to serve?? To me, folding sights are for backup use. Why spend big bucks for adjustable/folding sights for backups?

Right now my HD rifle only has polymer MBUS on it. I plan to buy a T2 or CompM5 when I get my tax money back. So you're right that they'd be backup sights. I admit I probably wouldn't use the BDC feature all that much, but I think it's badass. Plus I really like the size/weight of the pro/micro.

I have the KAC, and MBUS backup. So no experience with the pros. I find that the KAC aperture is rather small for cqb. That is also not what they are designed for. So intended purpose of the rifle, will set you on the right path.

I've seen others post this before, and that's one of the reasons I'm more interested in the pro than the micro. Still, I'm curious what the actual aperture of the micro is so I know how it compares to the small aperture of the MBUS Pro.

hotrodder636
04-03-18, 19:18
I will mic my aperature tomorrow on my KAC micro and post. The MBUS has 2 aperatures, a large and a small-I will mic those also and post unless someone beats me to it.

MWAG19919
04-03-18, 19:59
I will mic my aperature tomorrow on my KAC micro and post. The MBUS has 2 aperatures, a large and a small-I will mic those also and post unless someone beats me to it.

Perfect thanks! Magpul lists aperture specs. 0.07” for the small and 0.19” for the large I believe. But I’m interested in the KAC specs whenever you’re able to post them.

opngrnd
04-03-18, 22:40
I have one (KAC) and it is awesome. Also completely opposite of the intended purpose of my carbine, but it came with the upper. I kind of hate the MBUS as a dedicated sight. Using the smaller aperture makes the sight too thick for me, and gives me a blurry/darkish sight picture, while I don't use the larger aperture at all. It's an excellent product, just not anything like a KAC.

jsbhike
04-03-18, 22:55
I'm having a hard time finding specs on the KAC sights, such as aperture size and adjustment values at a given sight radius.

Google "KAC micro instructions" and you will get images of the instruction sheet which has click values for rifle and carbine length sight radiuses. Relatively sure the aperture is the same size as the small aperture of the A2 or carry handle.

I also have original PROs and really prefer that sight picture in some ways over the KAC(or A2) although that is more of a looking through it versus actually using it kind of thing.

feraldog
04-04-18, 07:44
i've had a few 200-600 and have also found the hole too small (it could be drilled out if willing to modify it)

i prefer the KAC 300M micro which is simpler, isn't adjustable for range like the 200-600, and has a large hole but included a plastic smaller-hole insert for those who like that or desire more accuracy.

i currently have five of these high-quality back-up rear sights, which are much smaller, narrower and lower profile than anything else on the market.

jsbhike
04-04-18, 21:18
Found mine.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180405/bfbfe6b110a7ae8c6232fa3d80db16b2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180405/892d2aaea0a79926412cac223e2d7ef0.jpg

Dr. Bullseye
04-05-18, 12:27
I have the Standard KAC 600 back up sight, rear sight. The beauty of this sight is it is a pedestal. If there is no optic in the way, only irons, you have an almost totally unabstructed view if the field in front of you. After getting used to the KAC sights, other sights feel like you are shooting from behind a box. It is a totally different feel from anything else.

hotrodder636
04-07-18, 08:17
Sorry for the delay, work and stuff.

Anyways, my KAC aperture 0.070” and my Magpul BUIS match this which you listed.

Perfect thanks! Magpul lists aperture specs. 0.07” for the small and 0.19” for the large I believe. But I’m interested in the KAC specs whenever you’re able to post them.

MWAG19919
04-07-18, 22:46
Sorry for the delay, work and stuff.

Anyways, my KAC aperture 0.070” and my Magpul BUIS match this which you listed.

Thanks! If you have a micro front on hand, would you mind telling me how wide the front sight post is?

hotrodder636
04-08-18, 09:03
Thanks! If you have a micro front on hand, would you mind telling me how wide the front sight post is?

I don’t have the micro front. I have the KAC fore end with the flip up sight built into the rail...model name eludes me right now.

SiGfever
04-08-18, 09:29
I have the 600m KAC Micro also, but the design goes way back. Here is my 1928 Winchester "Nickel Steel" 30/30 that my father passed down to me. This peepsight has been on the gun for a very long time, way prior to me getting it. He got this new from my Grandfather's hardware store, probably around age 12 and he was born in 1917.