PDA

View Full Version : ? about NCAA women's basketball

platoonDaddy
04-04-18, 09:14
For the 1st time (actually 1st time ever watching a women's basketball game), I watched the finals of the NCAA women's game and didn't see one player dunk/jam. The player from Mississippi who is 6'7", I thought for sure would have dunked/jam at least one.

Any rule or physical attribute preventing them?

Thanks

Whiskey_Bravo
04-04-18, 10:28
For the 1st time (actually 1st time ever watching a women's basketball game), I watched the finals of the NCAA women's game and didn't see one player dunk/jam. The player from Mississippi who is 6'7", I thought for sure would have dunked/jam at least one.

Thanks

Not really a basketball fan no matter if it's men or women but I have watched enough Baylor women's(thanks wife) to know it's not against the rules. Most just can't do it. Brittney Griner could do it but even she didn't do it very often and it was never a slam like you see in men's despite her being 6' 9".

Campbell
04-04-18, 11:12
Most that have the legs to do it, still don’t have the hand size/ strength.

Spiffums
04-04-18, 11:27

Thanks

Mom likes to watch the college basketball so we watched it with her. I thought the big tall girl from Miss got jammed up a lot inside and didn't use her height to her advantage nearly enough.