PDA

View Full Version : Rifles & Shotguns that only accept > than 10 round mags & pistols >15 round mags.

usmcvet
04-04-18, 12:15
Folks I need your help. I want to respond to VT Govornor Phil Scott. He sent out an email claiming S. 55 wouldn't ban any guns. I immediately called BS.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/1a3bf2ee2b629f6200993f174c118755.jpg

Here is a FAQ with a survey at the bottom. Please fill it out.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/view_newsletter.aspx?id=100257&c=FSL_VTGOV

2 Question Survey Link.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/EsurveyForm.aspx?__cid=FSL_VTGOV&__sid=100001&__crop=12863.5029047.5025318.415341

Calico:

M100 .22 carbine only takes 100 round drums.

Kel-Tec

PMR-30 only takes 30 round magazines.

KSG 12 12+1?

KSG 25 24+1 or 41+1 with mini shells.

The Tavor TS12 only holds 15.

I am sure there are more.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arik
04-04-18, 12:30
You need ONLY 10 & 15 or up to?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

usmcvet
04-04-18, 13:26

The law will prohibit pistol mags above 15 and rifle/shotgun above 10 rounds. You can keep what you have. It sounds like they can't be transferred/in VT after passage.

austinN4
04-04-18, 13:36
Only removable mags?? My tube mag Marlin 60 rifle holds 14 I believe.

usmcvet
04-04-18, 13:43
Only removable mags?? My tube mag Marlin 60 rifle holds 14 I believe.

That was my first gun. There is an exemption for .22 tubular magazines

usmcvet
04-04-18, 13:44

Above. 10 is allowed and 15 is allowed.

Arik
04-04-18, 13:44
All or most Glocks have 10 round restricted mags for ban states or from the AWB era. Or does that not count?

For guns with 15rd mags. All of these originally came with 15 but of course higher is available
G19
CZ 75/85 including compact models.
S&W 59 series. 14 & 15
S&W 69 series
SIG 226
Sig 228/229
Beretta 92 including compact
Ruger P89/95
HK USP
HKP2000/USP compact
HK VP/P30
M&P 2.0compact
CZ P10C
Browning HiPower or copies originally 13

In 40s&w it's just about every gun is 15 or less. Same with 45acp. Typically less than 15.

Now, if the availability of a higher capacity mag automatically disqualifies the gun. Say a Beretta 92 would be ok but because there are 18 round mags the gun is disqualified. Or a G26 is disqualified because of the G17 and G18 mags then there isn't much left in 9mm double stack. Only thing that I can think of is the HK P2000/USP compact or the Ruger P89/95. But even the latter probably has aftermarket higher capacity mags

RIFLES.
Any single stack AK is the only thing that immediately comes to mind

usmcvet
04-04-18, 13:53
All or most Glocks have 10 round restricted mags for ban states or from the AWB era. Or does that not count?

Those mags will be good to go.

Arik
04-04-18, 14:05

For guns with 15rd mags. All of these originally came with 15 but of course higher is available
G19
CZ 75/85 including compact models.
S&W 59 series. 14 & 15
S&W 69 series
SIG 226
Sig 228/229
Beretta 92 including compact
Ruger P89/95
HK USP
HKP2000/USP compact
HK VP/P30
M&P 2.0compact
CZ P10C
Browning HiPower or copies originally 13

In 40s&w it's just about every gun is 15 or less. Same with 45acp. Typically less than 15.

Now, if the availability of a higher capacity mag automatically disqualifies the gun. Say a Beretta 92 would be ok but because there are 18 round mags the gun is disqualified. Or a G26 is disqualified because of the G17 and G18 mags then there isn't much left in 9mm double stack. Only thing that I can think of is the HK P2000/USP compact or the Ruger P89/95. But even the latter probably has aftermarket higher capacity mags

RIFLES.
Any single stack AK is the only thing that immediately comes to mind

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkI'm sure I'm forgetting something but out of this list the legacy guns like the 226 and 5906 all came with standard 15

T2C
04-04-18, 14:44
The national Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, H.R. 3355, Pub.L. 103–322 did nothing to reduce crime between 1994 and 2004. In turn the Vermont ban legislation will have no affect on reduction of violent crime.

Survey completed.

usmcvet
04-04-18, 14:48
The national Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, H.R. 3355, Pub.L. 103–322 did nothing to reduce crime between 1994 and 2004. In turn the Vermont ban legislation will have no affect on reduction of violent crime.

Survey completed.

Thanks Brother. I agree it's assinine. They have increased the age to 21 to purchase aong gun with a bunch of exemptions that really negate it. University background checks and the mag ban and bumpstock ban.

Circle_10
04-04-18, 16:06
I don't live in Vermont or own a bumpstock but for the purposes of the survey I said that I did and asked if the government of Vermont was going to be compensating me for the private property I was being forced to surrender to them.

flenna
04-04-18, 16:27
Have you thought of moving to Tennessee?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/37879893/bump-stock-ban-proposal-fails-in-tennessee

usmcvet
04-04-18, 16:31
Have you thought of moving to Tennessee?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/37879893/bump-stock-ban-proposal-fails-in-tennessee

It's an option once the kids, 10, 12 & 15 graduate! NH is a good option too. Taxes in Vermont Suck! I've put up with a lot here because of our Gun Rights/Freedoms!

usmcvet
04-04-18, 16:41
https://m.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/the-next-showdown-gun-rights-supporters-vow-counteroffensive/Content?oid=14365806

flenna
04-04-18, 17:37
It's an option once the kids, 10, 12 & 15 graduate! NH is a good option too. Taxes in Vermont Suck! I've put up with a lot here because of our Gun Rights/Freedoms!

No income tax here, property taxes are low, 2nd Amendment friendly and great weather. I have lived in several states but enjoy Tennessee the most.

Arik
04-04-18, 19:48
Sig 2022/Pro (17 round available from Mec Gar)
Walther P99
Walther PPQ
Magnum Research fast action
(Walther P99/PPQ/Magnum Research all use the same mag)

There's probably a Taurus and/or Bersa model that fits this category.

Diamondback 9mm FS
EAA 10mm
FN FNP45
Ruger SR40
Sig 226 40sw/357
Desert Eagle baby eagle III 9MM

Bubba FAL
04-04-18, 20:36
What is so bloody magical about a 10 or 15 round magazine capacity anyway? Does a magazine with a capacity exceeding these arbitrary limits somehow impart evil into one's soul? These restrictions are so ridiculously inane.

Arik
04-04-18, 20:37
What is so bloody magical about a 10 or 15 round magazine capacity anyway? Does a magazine with a capacity exceeding these arbitrary limits somehow impart evil into one's soul? These restrictions are so ridiculously inane.It does. Seems that the number at which evil starts to impart is 16

26 Inf
04-04-18, 21:12
What is so bloody magical about a 10 or 15 round magazine capacity anyway? Does a magazine with a capacity exceeding these arbitrary limits somehow impart evil into one's soul? These restrictions are so ridiculously inane.

Here's the deal, we all need to act po'ed. Never explain or demo how fast you can do a mag change. Let them think it neuters the firearm. Because otherwise we'll all be shooting Garands.

Capacity limits are stupid.

MountainRaven
04-04-18, 21:26
Here's the deal, we all need to act po'ed. Never explain or demo how fast you can do a mag change. Let them think it neuters the firearm. Because otherwise we'll all be shooting Garands.

Capacity limits are stupid.

I would be fine with my Garand. I'd prefer an AR, but I wouldn't feel particularly shortdicked by ol' eight-bangs-and-a-ping. Hell, if you think being able to reload an AR or handgun fast will make them all grabby-hands, just wait until they find out how fast you can reload a Garand.

26 Inf
04-04-18, 21:43
I would be fine with my Garand. I'd prefer an AR, but I wouldn't feel particularly shortdicked by ol' eight-bangs-and-a-ping. Hell, if you think being able to reload an AR or handgun fast will make them all grabby-hands, just wait until they find out how fast you can reload a Garand.

I like my IHC Garand just fine, don't shoot it much at all, but I didn't really buy it to shoot. I was so paranoid about Garand thumb the first time I loaded it I about pee'ed myself.

SteyrAUG
04-04-18, 22:06
20 round variants of the C-96 broomhandle Mauser. Be sure to point out the irony of a design that is almost 120 years old being prohibited.

Arik
04-05-18, 05:39
20 round variants of the C-96 broomhandle Mauser. Be sure to point out the irony of a design that is almost 120 years old being prohibited.Drum mags for Lugers

usmcvet
04-05-18, 07:39

I'd like another Grand. They're damn expensive these days. An 870 and a Marlin .357 carbine would do well too. It just pisses me off!

Pilot1
04-05-18, 10:46

Or an SKS with stripper clips. I have two Russian SKS's that I've been practicing doing reloads with strippler clips. It can be done very quickly.

How will they enforce this ban? Colorado did it, and even the Sheriffs laughed at it saying it was unenforceable, and they weren't going to even try to enforce it.

SteyrAUG
04-05-18, 11:31
Drum mags for Lugers

Drum mags are removable making leaving Lugers with a standard magazine option. But the 20 variant of the C-96 was an internal box magazine which is what I think the OP was looking for.

usmcvet
04-05-18, 12:34

I'm just guessing but I bet a legislator asked a trooper about their guns and mag capacity. They carry M&P .40's with 15 round mags.

usmcvet
04-05-18, 12:42
Drum mags are removable making leaving Lugers with a standard magazine option. But the 20 variant of the C-96 was an internal box magazine which is what I think the OP was looking for.

Exactly. I something like the Broom Handle is what I was looking to you for help.

Or an SKS with stripper clips. I have two Russian SKS's that I've been practicing doing reloads with strippler clips. It can be done very quickly.

How will they enforce this ban? Colorado did it, and even the Sheriffs laughed at it saying it was unenforceable, and they weren't going to even try to enforce it.
The Assistant Attorney General said it's not enforcible. The AG came in the next day and said it was needed and enforcible. All of my AR Mags and my G17/19 PMags have date codes. So do all my Scorpion mags. None of my other pistol mags do. I only see it being an issue in a shooting. Good or bad.

20 round variants of the C-96 broomhandle Mauser. Be sure to point out the irony of a design that is almost 120 years old being prohibited.

That's an excellent example. I't would pass the smell test better if they limited guns to their standard capacity. This was supposed to be to keep our schools safe. They've done nothing to keep my kids safer. They don't even lock the doors at every school in VT. I just had lunch at the local Tech Center. We walked right in and through half the school.

TMS951
04-05-18, 12:48

They don’t plan to enforce it. Ultimately they are just trying to end the sale of new mags through retail stores. For this purpose it will be effective.

It’s a long term approach that will be effective. It will take a generation or two and then high cap mags will be gone.

I wrote up a letter and had it notarized saying I gave my son a bunch of them. He’s 20months old. But it’s the only way he will be able to own high cap mags in VT. His kids will not be able to inherit them. If I have more kids I won’t be able to give them to them either. I also have him two ARs.

Big A
04-05-18, 13:13
They don’t plan to enforce it. Ultimately they are just trying to end the sale of new mags through retail stores. For this purpose it will be effective.

It’s a long term approach that will be effective. It will take a generation or two and then high cap mags will be gone.

I wrote up a letter and had it notarized saying I gave my son a bunch of them. He’s 20months old. But it’s the only way he will be able to own high cap mags in VT. His kids will not be able to inherit them. If I have more kids I won’t be able to give them to them either. I also have him two ARs.

So just by mags in free states when you travel.

usmcvet
04-05-18, 18:30
So just by mags in free states when you travel.

I have more than I’ll ever need and enough for my children too. I’ve already given them theirs. But what about my grandchildren? I’m pissed off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big A
04-05-18, 18:43
I have more than I’ll ever need and enough for my children too. I’ve already given them theirs. But what about my grandchildren? I’m pissed off.

A. If this law still stands by the time your grandchildren are old enough to purchase firearms then YOU and your fellow Patriots will have failed them.

B. How are they gonna know?

C. Who is going to enforce this? Aren't you LE in Vermont? Are you actually going to enforce this crap? Do you know any of your cohorts that are?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JoshNC
04-05-18, 19:03
Transfer all firearms and mags into an LLC as company assets. Can’t transfer? No problem, just add your children as members of the LLC. Maybe set up several LLCs and spread the assets among those several LLCs.

flenna
04-05-18, 19:20
I think you ought to really stick it to the man and buy a dozen Magpul D60s and a bumpstock :p.

TMS951
04-05-18, 19:45
Transfer all firearms and mags into an LLC as company assets. Can’t transfer? No problem, just add your children as members of the LLC. Maybe set up several LLCs and spread the assets among those several LLCs.

Thank you very much for this suggestion. I was going to go trust, but I know LLC is super easy and I already have a couple.

usmcvet
04-06-18, 15:47
A. If this law still stands by the time your grandchildren are old enough to purchase firearms then YOU and your fellow Patriots will have failed them.

B. How are they gonna know?

C. Who is going to enforce this? Aren't you LE in Vermont? Are you actually going to enforce this crap? Do you know any of your cohorts that are?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

None of my fellow Legionaries think it's enforcible and neither do I. I remember the oat I took at 18 and again when I became a cop. You should probably take a step or two back with your retoric. I'm not impressed and I doubt anyone else is either.

I have an NFA trust and my kids become trustees at 21. I plan to add my magazines to the trust.

usmcvet
04-07-18, 01:16
I think you ought to really stick it to the man and buy a dozen Magpul D60s and a bumpstock :p.

I had a pair a few years ago and sold them. I like the 40 round MagPul’s better. I visited BCM. Their metal mags are great and priced right. I have some old Bushmaster mags that I believe were made by LaBelle. They’re awesome magazines.
https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-Magazines-p/magazine-dh-bt30mf-100case.htm

Moose-Knuckle
04-08-18, 05:25
I hate, HATE, to even mention them but for guys finding themselves behind enemy lines as the map is always being redrawn have you heard of these....

Couples five Ultimag AR-15 10 round magazines together for instant mag changes.
Carry 50 rounds in 50 states.

https://www.themakogroup.com/magazines-magazine-accessories/pentagon-magazine-coupler-for-five-10rd-ultimag-magazines-with-five-ultimags.html