PDA

View Full Version : Who makes barrels for Aereo Precision?

Averageman
04-05-18, 23:05
I got an email tonight and started browsing and began to wonder.
So who makes their barrels and are they G2G?

RHINOWSO
04-05-18, 23:07
They bought Ballistic Advantage awhile back, I assume that it's "in house" now?

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ap/ballistic-advantage/

RHINOWSO
04-05-18, 23:11
ETA, my beater / loaner rifle is an AP upper (complete), Midlength with front sight pared with an AP lower I built.

It runs fine in the light use it's seen (1100 rds) and accuracy is fine, although I haven't used it beyond 50m nor challenged the barrel - I run cheap Wolf through it for short range drills primarily, with an Aimpoint on it. IE, it's a bullet hose some days.

everready73
04-06-18, 07:39
It is Ballistic Advantage for sure. They own them, but operate separately still

And yes they are good to go. One of the best budget options IMO

Iraqgunz
04-08-18, 00:35
Aero does not own them. White Wolf Capital, LLC purchased Aero and Ballistic and later Stag Arms.

https://www.whitewolfcapital.com/portfolio.html

They bought Ballistic Advantage awhile back, I assume that it's "in house" now?

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ap/ballistic-advantage/

misfit47
04-08-18, 06:51
Thanks for the link IG. Had now idea about that.
Looks better diversified than Cerberus. Hopefully they manage their companies better too.

thei3ug
04-08-18, 07:19
Technically, White Wolf Capital wholly owns Stag and has a controlling interest in Aero, and Aero has a controlling interest in Ballistic Advantage.

Iraqgunz
04-08-18, 14:17
Technically when I taught a class last year at the facility in Tacoma, I was told that they have little influence at all over BA's operation and they were a sister company.

Technically, White Wolf Capital wholly owns Stag and has a controlling interest in Aero, and Aero has a controlling interest in Ballistic Advantage.

Stickman
04-08-18, 14:27
Technically when I taught a class last year at the facility in Tacoma, I was told that they have little influence at all over BA's operation and they were a sister company.

That was my understanding as well. I'm not certain at all of the day to day operations or directives which they get from their parent company.

jackblack73
04-08-18, 14:33
They are not mutually exclusive. You can have a controlling interest and have little influence on operations.

Averageman
04-08-18, 19:32
So what are the quality of these barrels?

docsherm
04-09-18, 00:13
I have had no issues with either Aero or BA barrels.

RobertTheTexan
04-09-18, 03:32
So what are the quality of these barrels?

I've not run an Aero rollmarked barrel, but I've build a bunch with BA barrels. Form their budget modern barrels on short barrel rifles and pistols to their 416R SS on a precision 308. I call it a precision rifle because it was. Under .5 MOA at 100 (4 rd groups) .77 MOA at 250 using Federal Gold SMK. On the AR-15 side, two of my most favorite barrels are their Hanson 10.3 and Hanson 14.5 Granted I have yet to shoot the Hanson 16", I have one in my parts bin, just not built. But the 10.3 or 14.5 with an A5 system are key components for excellent shooters. The 14.5 is just smooth as butter. Seriously. I've built 4 of them, one for myself, and 3 for others, and every single time they are blown away by how well it shoots and the accuracy. I've also used their Performance line on my SPR. 18" rifle gas. It's a 4150 CMV barrel, and it's pretty accurate. Their stainless steel barrels though - dead nuts accurate. The thing with the 10.3 is that it doesn't shoot like a 10" barreled SBR. It's smoother and I'm pleased with the accuracy. When I run it with a can, it's even more fun. Smoother than? Smoother than the 11.5 DD SBR and smoother than my 12" LaRue barreled SBR. All three have the same parts - except for furniture and optic.

gaijin
04-09-18, 05:45
Never had a problem with BA barrels and have installed several.

Their 22" 5R SS barrel in 6.5 CM has been an occasional .5, to consistent .75 MOA barrel with good ammo.

CLee0509
04-09-18, 09:04
I've not run an Aero rollmarked barrel, but I've build a bunch with BA barrels. Form their budget modern barrels on short barrel rifles and pistols to their 416R SS on a precision 308. I call it a precision rifle because it was. Under .5 MOA at 100 (4 rd groups) .77 MOA at 250 using Federal Gold SMK. On the AR-15 side, two of my most favorite barrels are their Hanson 10.3 and Hanson 14.5 Granted I have yet to shoot the Hanson 16", I have one in my parts bin, just not built. But the 10.3 or 14.5 with an A5 system are key components for excellent shooters. The 14.5 is just smooth as butter. Seriously. I've built 4 of them, one for myself, and 3 for others, and every single time they are blown away by how well it shoots and the accuracy. I've also used their Performance line on my SPR. 18" rifle gas. It's a 4150 CMV barrel, and it's pretty accurate. Their stainless steel barrels though - dead nuts accurate. The thing with the 10.3 is that it doesn't shoot like a 10" barreled SBR. It's smoother and I'm pleased with the accuracy. When I run it with a can, it's even more fun. Smoother than? Smoother than the 11.5 DD SBR and smoother than my 12" LaRue barreled SBR. All three have the same parts - except for furniture and optic.I agree. I have been very impressed with BA. I own two. My 16" SPR Profile BA barrel likes 69gr SMK's. I been getting a .6" 5-shot group, can't seem to break under .5" but it is very consistent meaning I don't get any flyers. A coworker of mine has the same barrel but fluted getting the same results.

I also have a Hanson profile barrel from them and it handles great and has been flawless. A big plus is they offer pinned gas blocks.

RobertTheTexan
04-09-18, 10:16
I also have a Hanson profile barrel from them and it handles great and has been flawless. A big plus is they offer pinned gas blocks.

That is a nice value added service. I’ve even sent barrels into Kyle and he’s had taken them out into the floor and had them pinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk