PDA

View Full Version : Does S&W ship thier M&P in pieces?

kong
10-20-08, 22:03
I picked up my M&P45 today. I bought it from a dealer,NIB. When I picked it up, the barrel and recoil assembly were out of the gun.:confused: I had to assemble it.

Also, how long has S&W been shipping the new grey coated mag? My .45 came with one blued mag and the floor plate is a slightly different color(FDE) Ser.# range is MPY29xx.

jhs1969
10-20-08, 22:49
I picked up my M&P45 today. I bought it from a dealer,NIB. When I picked it up, the barrel and recoil assembly were out of the gun.:confused: I had to assemble it.

Also, how long has S&W been shipping the new grey coated mag? My .45 came with one blued mag and the floor plate is a slightly different color(FDE) Ser.# range is MPY29xx.

Both my MP9 and MP9c were assembled, the MP9c was bought out of a dealer's case but the MP9 was special ordered for me. This is the first I have heard about this. Sure it wasn't done by your dealer?

ToddG
10-21-08, 01:22
Since the gun was test fired before it left the factory, it's hard to imagine the gun arrived in a disassembled condition. I got to see the process myself just a little over a week ago:

http://9x19mm.com/photoalbum/albums/userpics/normal_testfire-to-package.jpg
(M&P on conveyor belt moving from test fire chamber to final packaging)

YukonGlocker
10-21-08, 03:59
I'm glad to read the "new" grey mags are shipping.
They should be the best yet.

kong
10-26-08, 12:54
I did a little checking...called the shop I got it from etc. I'm pretty sure that the gun shop commando at my local FFL dissasembled it and the boss came in before he could put it back together.

dialM4murder
10-26-08, 23:16
Anymore factory pics Todd, or is that a no no?

ToddG
10-27-08, 09:38
I'm putting something formal together and hope to have it online by the end of Nov. I took literally hundreds of photos while I was there, but by agreement I cannot publish or post any photos without a review by my POC at S&W.

SuicideHz
10-31-08, 16:02
I wish I had "grey" mags. I received my two freebie blue mags a long time ago. 1 month after first using them, they were literally covered in pitting and rust. :mad: