PDA

View Full Version : I want to send a barrell to Randall but....

Plastic Fantastic
10-20-08, 22:54
Hey all,
I want to send my 14.5" barrel to Randall @ ar15barrels.com to have the perm. muzzle brake removed and replaced with a YH Phantom and I have a question. Can I send the complete upper minus the BCG or do I have to send the barrel alone? I tried e-mailing twice without an answer. I know he's quite busy, so I don't blame him for not getting back to me. Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks.

P.S. I've never taken a barrel off of an upper receiver.

chadbag
10-21-08, 01:12
Hey all,
I want to send my 14.5" barrel to Randall @ ar15barrels.com to have the perm. muzzle brake removed and replaced with a YH Phantom and I have a question. Can I send the complete upper minus the BCG or do I have to send the barrel alone? I tried e-mailing twice without an answer. I know he's quite busy, so I don't blame him for not getting back to me. Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks.

P.S. I've never taken a barrel off of an upper receiver.

He did a similar thing for me (no removal but did perm attach some phantoms). I sent the whole upper since I had already put the barrels on. He had a fast turn around. Was no problem. Wish I could say the same about my custom barrel I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for...

Ridge_Runner_5
10-21-08, 02:49
The BCG is rather unnecessary to install a flash hider...take it out and save some shipping...remove what you can...handguards, any optics or carry handles if you have a flattop, etc...

adh
10-21-08, 08:56
I have had Randall do some work for me in the past and was very pleased with the end result. I am not sure what his current turn around is by any means. One thing I can tell you is thatI have also had work (as you describe) done for me by ADCO and was very pleased with their work and turn around time. I can assure you if you contact ADCO they will get back to you. Just a thought. Email for ADCO if you are insterested is steve@adco

uscbigdawg
10-21-08, 09:45
Contact Benny Hill down at Triangle Shooting Sports (http://www.triangleshootingsports.com) in Texas. Super fast turn around time and VERY affordable. No one is better.

Rich

RD62
10-21-08, 12:59
No experience with Randall, but I have had good dealings with ADCO! Cheap, fast turn around, and quality work. A big +1 for them!

-RD62

SW-Shooter
10-21-08, 16:52
I'd check the feedback section on him, not good IMHO>:eek:

BushmasterFanBoy
10-21-08, 17:37
I've had two barrels sent to Randall for the exact same thing you describe. Both came back with the specified work done in a quality manner and quick turnaround time. But, I have heard that there are others not satisfied with him for a number of reasons, but being that they are not my own experiences, I'll leave that for someone else to elaborate on.

I'd feel comfortable having him do work again, YMMV, especially after some more recent allegations against him.

uspopo
10-21-08, 17:51
+1 for Steve/ADCO as I had him turn down a Bushy HBAR barrel for me several years ago to a govt. profile. Fast turn around and quality work. No personal experience with Randall but there are some people from TOF that had issues with Randall taking a very long time to do a job. If moderators feel that this post is out of context then please remove or edit..

Plastic Fantastic
10-21-08, 19:13
Everyone, thanks for the speedy replies. I'll check out the others as mentioned. I do plan to strip the upper as much as possible, I never removed a barrel from a M4 upper. Didn't want to screw things up. Glad to hear that I could just send it assembled.

Thanks again!:D

chadbag
10-22-08, 01:58
+1 for Steve/ADCO as I had him turn down a Bushy HBAR barrel for me several years ago to a govt. profile. Fast turn around and quality work. No personal experience with Randall but there are some people from TOF that had issues with Randall taking a very long time to do a job. If moderators feel that this post is out of context then please remove or edit..

deleted what I originally wrote

here is the feedback here for Randall

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=236317#post236317

Plastic Fantastic
10-22-08, 17:20
Thanks eguns-com. When I e-mailed him, I received an auto reply stating that he was very busy and that he has a full time job besides doing barrel work and has a life outside of barrel work. I understand, we all have to devote some time for ourselves and for our family. I used to work my full time job and then go to work part time for a firearms dealer. It left me with very little time to spend with my family.