PDA

View Full Version : LMT upper questions

bimmerbill
10-21-08, 10:26
Hello all,
I've been researching and reading lots of stuff here.
I'm looking at ordering a LMT upper but would like opinions on the 14.5 vs 16" barrels. Does anyone have the total length of each, and weights? Is there a lot of difference in how they shoot?
Also, what does anyone think about the standard BCG vs their enhanced versions?

Thanks!

spamsammich
10-21-08, 11:48
I have both lengths. I like how the 14.5" handles but by the time you get it pinned, there is only like an inch and a quarter difference between the two in overall length. The shorter upper saves you a couple of ounces for sure but you're stuck with a pinned upper unless you go SBR with it. A 14.5" upper is not as flexible if you want to reconfigure it later. If I had to choose only one, I'd get the 16" just to have a really nice upper that I can configure any way I want, whenever I choose. If I could have two, I'd configure the 14.5" with a DD Lite Rail and low profile gas block so I'd have the opportunity to change rails around despite being pinned (which is what I did).

Another option is to go with the 14.5", pin it, and go with the Omega, Troy, Vltor, or other two piece rails if you don't like standard handguards. I've done this too.

There was absolutely no difference in how they shot. I do notice the difference between these and my Sabre middy though, the mid length recoil isn't as jarring.

GONIF
10-21-08, 12:23
Get a 16 inch middy from Bravo ,BCM middy upper and BCM M16 BCG are the way to go . :D

spamsammich
10-21-08, 13:50
BCM makes a fine BCG, I run one and like it a lot. I'd skip the LMT enhanced BCG, not needed with the uppers you're considering. LMT or BCM full auto or semi auto should be fine.

Parabellum9x19mm
10-21-08, 14:06
i have a LMT enhanced BCG. it works fine, but i regret buying it.

its too expensive. spare extractors and extractor springs are expensive and hard to get.

pass on it. get a BCM or LMT standard BCG.