PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick does it again, Seahawks "postpone" meeting

Averageman
04-13-18, 10:33
The Seattle Seahawks "postponed" a meeting with free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick after he declined to stop kneeling during the national anthem next season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
According to Schefter, the Seahawks made a "last-minute stipulation" over Kaepernick's protest, which sought to raise awareness for social injustice, asking that he stop kneeling during the national anthem, and he would not give them that assurance.

To be quite honest, I'm not a Football fan, I might watch a half dozen or so games a year at most.
Kaepernick ruined Football completely for me.
It's good to see that Seattle had the guts to just say no to Dopes.

AKDoug
04-13-18, 10:45
The Seattle Seahawks "postponed" a meeting with free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick after he declined to stop kneeling during the national anthem next season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
According to Schefter, the Seahawks made a "last-minute stipulation" over Kaepernick's protest, which sought to raise awareness for social injustice, asking that he stop kneeling during the national anthem, and he would not give them that assurance.

To be quite honest, I'm not a Football fan, I might watch a half dozen or so games a year at most.
Kaepernick ruined Football completely for me.
It's good to see that Seattle had the guts to just say no to Dopes. I was a lifelong Seahawks fan that walked away from watching the NFL and the Seahawks last year. The fact they are even willing to talk to Kaepenick in the first place is a negative. They are one of the biggest SJW teams in the league and I simply can't watch anymore. That's o.k., it was liberating. I got so much stuff done, and had so much fun on Sundays that I doubt I'll ever watch again.

Pilot1
04-13-18, 10:54
He had a back up position with the Baltimore Ravens, then his radical Muslim, activist girlfriend publicly criticized the owner.

Former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said that his former team was close to signing quarterback Colin Kaepernick before the free agent's girlfriend posted a tweet ridiculing Lewis and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's Inside the NFL on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.' And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab, which Lewis described as "racist," compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from Django Unchained.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

He's a moron, and his girlfriend is a moron.

SOWT
04-13-18, 11:12
He had a back up position with the Baltimore Ravens, then his radical Muslim, activist girlfriend publicly criticized the owner.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

He's a moron, and his girlfriend is a moron.

I think she is purposely tanking is career and will dump him when the money runs out.

Pilot1
04-13-18, 11:17
I think she is purposely tanking is career and will dump him when the money runs out.

Then not only is he a moron, but he is a WHIPPED moron.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-13-18, 11:24
Then not only is he a moron, but he is a WHIPPED moron.

There is a 'on your knees' joke somewhere in there, but he's not worth the effort to put it together.

She is the Yoko Ono of football.

officerX
04-13-18, 12:25
I only watch college football.

Averageman
04-13-18, 12:28
There is a 'on your knees' joke somewhere in there, but he's not worth the effort to put it together.

She is the Yoko Ono of football.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/04/13/seahawks-quickly-sign-new-qb-canceling-meeting-colin-kaepernick/
On Thursday, the Seahawks signed former Redskins quarterback Stephen Morris, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter and NBC Sports.

News of the pickup will certainly add to the controversy as teams continue to pass Kaepernick over in favor of other players, especially since Morris has never appeared in a single regular season game since he first joined the league as an undrafted free agent in 2014.

And if Kaepernick had some value, well, that sealed the deal. Seattle passed on Kaep in order to essentially pay someone who has sat on the bench since the 2014 season.
See, Stupid does Hurt.

BTW, if Kaepernick is still working out, it is so he looks good standing next to his girlfriend on the beach, you know, the girl in the Burkini....

Renegade
04-13-18, 13:15
Unbelievable any team would consider this guy. I guess they want to see how low ratings can go.

eta

On second thought, they probably had decided to sign Morris, but for PC cover had to look like they were interesed in CK. Similar to how a black guy always gets interviewed for a coaching position even if they have already decided to hire someone else.

Moose-Knuckle
04-13-18, 13:29
I'm just gonna file this under "all out of ****s to give".

docsherm
04-13-18, 13:41
I only watch college football.

Yep, same here

officerX
04-13-18, 13:49
Unbelievable any team would consider this guy. I guess they want to see how low ratings can go.

eta

On second thought, they probably had decided to sign Morris, but for PC cover had to look like they were interesed in CK. Similar to how a black guy always gets interviewed for a coaching position even if they have already decided to hire someone else.

Why you gotta start some racism conspiracy theory? If that's your thoughts, fine, but that would be better kept to yourself.

Renegade
04-13-18, 13:54
Why you gotta start some racism conspiracy theory? If that's your thoughts, fine, but that would be better kept to yourself.

Huh? It is not "racism conspiracy theory", but league policy....

Google "Rooney Rule". Let me help you out:

The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.

Averageman
04-13-18, 14:24
I'm not sure why they interviewed him, but to avoid controversy, makes sense. They probably knew he would screw up before he got in to the parking lot.
Do I care about Kaep? No, but I love me some karma.

223to45
04-13-18, 17:02
Well this was the second time Seahawks were going to talk to him.

Denied twice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The_War_Wagon
04-13-18, 17:20
It's INCREDULOUS to see that Seattle had the guts to just say no to Dopes.

FIFY! :blink:

Vandal
04-15-18, 13:35
I live and work in King County WA and this has caused a lot of wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth this week. Some of the football inclined SJWs are claiming the Hawks didn't pick him up just because of his kneeling antics and somehow that is a violation of his right to play football and his First Amendment. Kaep is learning the hard way, via unemployment, that the right to free speech doesn't mean there aren't consequences for your actions. No one owes him a job in the NFL and people are right, no team wants to deal with a mediocre Social Justice Warrior QB with baggage right now.

I remember watching him in college and he was pretty ok then playing for Nevada in the WAC. He was an alright pro QB and went to a Super Bowl in the 2012 season. It was a slide downhill ever since. The guy is 30, has realistically been out of the NFL since he was benched in 2015. He's not playing because he's just not that good compared to the younger guys in the league. Combine that with his baggage and he is unemployable in the NFL. Life's hard, it's harder when you're stupid.

Jewell
04-17-18, 16:40
I don't know why all of this is so hard for him to understand? While you’re on the clock, you do what the company asks. Your personal agenda is on your own time. I believe he has the right to protest, but not on someone else’s dime. Every job in America has requirements. You either choose to work there and fulfill those requirements, or you move on. His choice, his priorities. Apparently his ego means more to him than a paycheck. Glad he’s staying home, maybe the NFL can get back to being entertainment, like we pay to see. Maybe Kaepernick can go to work for CNN.

soulezoo
04-17-18, 17:25
How about the employees, exec's and what not either fired or forced to resign for a statement made on Facebook... if CK has a right to employment regardless of his kneeling or other actions, then so do those other folks. At least the other folks I speak of did it on their own time at home.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-18, 18:39
I don't know why all of this is so hard for him to understand? While you’re on the clock, you do what the company asks. Your personal agenda is on your own time. I believe he has the right to protest, but not on someone else’s dime. Every job in America has requirements. You either choose to work there and fulfill those requirements, or you move on. His choice, his priorities. Apparently his ego means more to him than a paycheck. Glad he’s staying home, maybe the NFL can get back to being entertainment, like we pay to see. Maybe Kaepernick can go to work for CNN.

The legend Jim Brown nails it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgbQv6738cA

mkmckinley
04-17-18, 18:44
What this guy said. The NFL doesn't like you, the players don't give a shit about you, and the whole thing is just a mouthpiece for the advertisers and social engineers. I'd rather watch local highschool ball than the NFL.

Averageman
04-17-18, 18:50
My Dad told me about two guys sitting on an OP in Viet Nam.
They were convinced they were being probed so the new guy pulled a grenade, well, really he pulled a pin, the grenade stayed right in his pocket.
Kinda like Kaepernick, your intent may be to do one thing, your result however ends up being something very, very different.

TAZ
04-17-18, 21:02
My Dad told me about two guys sitting on an OP in Viet Nam.
They were convinced they were being probed so the new guy pulled a grenade, well, really he pulled a pin, the grenade stayed right in his pocket.
Kinda like Kaepernick, your intent may be to do one thing, your result however ends up being something very, very different.

Bingo! Colin chose drama over substance. Drama that nobody wanted to see during their supposed 2-3 hours of disconnect.

Had Colin used one if his brain cells he could actually have helped the social situations this nation faces. Instead he took the easy road and is now paying the price.

JaegerOne
04-18-18, 00:19
Less football. More shooting.

Pilot1
04-18-18, 10:30
Bingo! Colin chose drama over substance. Drama that nobody wanted to see during their supposed 2-3 hours of disconnect.

Had Colin used one if his brain cells he could actually have helped the social situations this nation faces. Instead he took the easy road and is now paying the price.

^^^^^This. Drama plus politics does not make for a relaxing environment in which to "disconnect".

VARIABLE9
04-18-18, 11:15

Coal Dragger
04-18-18, 13:24
Less football. More shooting.

This.

If all of us scheduled range time every Sunday instead think of how much happier we’d be. Not to mention more skilled, better looking, manlier, more charming to the ladies, and wealthier.

OK, I might have exaggerated the benefits a little...

Doc Safari
04-20-18, 13:21
I don't watch professional sports, but it's looking to me (as an outsider) that his 15 minutes of fame are about up. Cooler heads will start ignoring him wholesale if they are smart.

LDB
04-20-18, 21:52
He is an idiot. Bless him for having convictions, whether they are correct or incorrect, but he's an idiot for his presentation.