PDA

View Full Version : Dicks is destroying their assualt style rifles (DICKS SPORTING GOODS CONTENT HERE)

zombiescometh
04-16-18, 15:10
http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2018/04/09/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Pittsburgh-destroy-dispose-assault-rifles-guns-pulled-off-shelves/stories/201804060151

Interesting decision.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

223to45
04-16-18, 15:14
Publicity stunt.

They have carried them in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zombiescometh
04-16-18, 15:17
Publicity stunt.

They have carried them in awhile.

The rifles are from their field & stream stores. They didn’t comment on what they did with the rifles pulled from dicks stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

223to45
04-16-18, 15:23
The rifles are from their field & stream stores. They didn’t comment on what they did with the rifles pulled from dicks stores.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe article I read earlier, never mentioned field and stream , just dicks.
Sorry didn't read this one, since I just read another article about it.

And from my understanding dicks quit carrying awhile ago.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-16-18, 15:44
Hmm. Why not give them to the military since they are 'weapons of war'?

Maybe even donate them to police departments?

Full retard.

NoveskeFan
04-16-18, 15:47
Well, that'll show them :sarcastic:

officerX
04-16-18, 16:04
who cares. eff Dicks.

Doc Safari
04-16-18, 16:15
This is such a desperate attempt to garner publicity that it's outright pathetic.

Next the CEO will run naked through the streets handing out copies of "Bowling For Columbine."

LMT Shooter
04-16-18, 16:36
Hmm. Why not give them to the military since they are 'weapons of war'?

Maybe even donate them to police departments?

Full retard.

Because that would be a logical decision, and this is all about making snowflakes feel safer, not logic and/or facts.

26 Inf
04-16-18, 16:40
What's sad is that 55% of 1645 people taking the survey agreed that Dick's was correct in destroying the rifles.

Another thing in the article struck me as odd: “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.” and 'the parts {will be} sent to a salvage company to be recycled.'

ATF Rul. 76-25 (with observations by me)

Held, a licensee who purchases a damaged firearm for the purpose of salvaging parts there from shall enter receipt of the firearm in his firearms acquisition and disposition record.

Dick's already did this when they initially received the firearm from the distributor.

If the frame or receiver of the firearm is damaged to the extent that it cannot be repaired, or if the licensee does not desire to repair the frame or receiver, he may destroy it and show the disposition of the firearm in his records as having been destroyed.

The frame IS the firearm, so this is all that needs to be destroyed, correct?

For the purpose of salvaging parts, Dick's could strip the receivers before destroying them, giving them LPK's, receiver extensions, stocks and grips to salvage, correct?

Before a firearm may be considered destroyed, it must be cut, severed or mangled in such manner as to render the firearm completely inoperative and such that it cannot be restored toan operative condition.

We are talking about the receiver here, not the barrel, upper receiver, or bolt, correct?

In actuality, Dicks's could be selling the complete uppers to someone who will resell them on Gunbroker, etc.

If my ass-u-me-tions are correct, Dick's my be breaking pretty close to even on this 'socially responsible' :jester: gesture.

Am I wrong?

Honu
04-16-18, 16:40
liberal is a mental disease

that lawyer this week who lit himself on fire in fuel to protest fuel ?

how many mass shooters and murderers are liberals and the fact abortion ripping apart 2000 babies a day freaking mental cases all of them

Arik
04-16-18, 16:48
What's sad is that 55% of 1645 people taking the survey agreed that Dick's was correct in destroying the rifles.

Another thing in the article struck me as odd: “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.” and 'the parts {will be} sent to a salvage company to be recycled.'

ATF Rul. 76-25 (with observations by me)

Held, a licensee who purchases a damaged firearm for the purpose of salvaging parts there from shall enter receipt of the firearm in his firearms acquisition and disposition record.

Dick's already did this when they initially received the firearm from the distributor.

If the frame or receiver of the firearm is damaged to the extent that it cannot be repaired, or if the licensee does not desire to repair the frame or receiver, he may destroy it and show the disposition of the firearm in his records as having been destroyed.

The frame IS the firearm, so this is all that needs to be destroyed, correct?

For the purpose of salvaging parts, Dick's could strip the receivers before destroying them, giving them LPK's, receiver extensions, stocks and grips to salvage, correct?

Before a firearm may be considered destroyed, it must be cut, severed or mangled in such manner as to render the firearm completely inoperative and such that it cannot be restored toan operative condition.

We are talking about the receiver here, not the barrel, upper receiver, or bolt, correct?

In actuality, Dicks's could be selling the complete uppers to someone who will resell them on Gunbroker, etc.

If my ass-u-me-tions are correct, Dick's my be breaking pretty close to even on this 'socially responsible' :jester: gesture.

Am I wrong?I don't think they're looking at it like that. I think they're just sending all parts to the scrap yard

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

223to45
04-16-18, 16:57
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/3b14bf5751b6596ad3853e1aff1f03cd.jpg

26 Inf
04-16-18, 17:21
I don't think they're looking at it like that. I think they're just sending all parts to the scrap yard

That old saying words mean something made me wonder about that.

Notice the story said 'parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled' not 'pieces.'

Could be I'm reading too much into it, though.

Moose-Knuckle
04-16-18, 17:52
After Sandy Hook in December of 2012 Dick's pulled AR's off their shelf. I never went to one of their "Field & Stream" hybrid stores, one just opened down the road about a year ago from me.

Did the Field & Stream stores even carry EBRs of any kind?

Full on cuck virtue signaling, ****'em sideways and twice on Sunday.

gaijin
04-16-18, 20:05
Unfortunately Dick's will no doubt reap big financial benefits from this asinine add campaign. It must appeal to the soccer moms, "embrace diversity", "save the planet", know it all hipsters crowd.

Our country has taken a bad turn and people, according to the MSM, are demanding some dangerous and outrageous shit.
After getting what they want, which appears to be the complete erosion of the values/principals and morals on which our country was founded- I have little doubt the sheep will wake up one morning and ask, "how did all of this happen?".

TAZ
04-16-18, 20:07
That’s great. If they are going to go full retard they may as well only cut their own financial nuts off. This way they aren’t screwing any distributors or manufacturers with returns.

Screw them and they libtard virtue signaling. Hope their banks decide that folks who burn money don’t need any more loans.

223to45
04-16-18, 20:25
So dicks ,Wal-Mart, and other places can CHOOSE to only sell to 21 yrs and over, based on personal beliefs . But yet a cake baker can not decide on personal beliefs

The_War_Wagon
04-16-18, 22:14
Hope it works out GREAT for Dickless' stockholders. :haha:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/betamale_zpsytopa9fa.jpg

MegademiC
04-16-18, 22:22
So dicks ,Wal-Mart, and other places can CHOOSE to only sell to 21 yrs and over, based on personal beliefs . But yet a cake baker can not decide on personal beliefs

Im pretty sure 18yr olds have just as much rights to rifles as to voting. I hope someone challenges this, and uses all the victim keywords.

Arik
04-16-18, 22:34
Unfortunately Dick's will no doubt reap big financial benefits from this asinine add campaign. It must appeal to the soccer moms, "embrace diversity", "save the planet", know it all hipsters crowd.

Our country has taken a bad turn and people, according to the MSM, are demanding some dangerous and outrageous shit.
After getting what they want, which appears to be the complete erosion of the values/principals and morals on which our country was founded- I have little doubt the sheep will wake up one morning and ask, "how did all of this happen?".Good thing most of them shop on Amazon

Biggy
04-16-18, 22:36
Well, I guess they should destroy all ammo from all their stores also, as the bullets are what kills. Anyone who values the second amendment should go elsewhere, anyplace but Dick's

platoonDaddy
04-29-18, 15:07
The following is a list of 54 business who don't want our business.

http://concealednation.org/2018/04/report-here-are-54-anti-gun-companies-that-dont-deserve-your-business/?utm_content=social-8ugj8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=SocialPilot

https://i.imgur.com/KCiEFpM.png

EDIT: just noticed it is from 2014 :confused:

MountainRaven
04-29-18, 15:17
What does one do to get on that list?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-29-18, 15:33
Looks like an anti-ccw list.

platoonDaddy
04-29-18, 16:10
What does one do to get on that list?

Looks like an anti-ccw list.

They are anti-gun and also don't want you to carry in their business.

A pro-gun website, Second Amendment Check, has done a bit of research and weeded out some of the major companies that are decidedly anti-gun, and they’ve been kind enough to encourage the sharing of their results so everyone can get the word out.

The list was created in 2014 with just 53 companies — they added Dick’s Sporting Goods this year after their anti-Second Amendment stunt, which is an odd move for a sporting goods store.

The_War_Wagon
04-29-18, 16:40
I hadn't been to a Squeal & Scream store (a Division of Dickless) in 4 years. Buddy of mine was head of their firearm section last time I was there. Turns out he left years ago, and all the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL black rilfes (and their magazines) are gone from there as well. And the store was empty on a Thursday lunch hour, in the fastest growing suburb of Pittsburgh, in the middle of trout season.

I predict unemployment checks for all of them, in short order.

ScottsBad
04-29-18, 17:02
Oh good, now I have a reason not to buy those two Yeti ice chests at Dick's. I've only been in Dick's once (when I had a 20% off coupon), its a seriously lame sporting goods outfit.

Make sure you ditch Bank of America too. I did a few years ago when they started going full tard.

MountainRaven
04-29-18, 17:36

Never heard or seen anything to that effect and I've been shopping at Target and Costco for years. The Target has an in-store Starbucks and I've never seen a sign or anything from them, either. The local Costco sells gun safes and ammunition dry boxes ("ammo cans") - and camo clothing in Fall.

I did once see a, "No Guns Allowed," sign at the local Buffalo Wild Wings, in early 2013. But I never saw it before and haven't seen it since. (Such signs do not carry the force of law in Montana, in any event.)

MegademiC
04-29-18, 18:15

Fwiw, ive never seen a BWW posted.

Oh good, now I have a reason not to buy those two Yeti ice chests at Dick's. I've only been in Dick's once (when I had a 20% off coupon), its a seriously lame sporting goods outfit.

Make sure you ditch Bank of America too. I did a few years ago when they started going full tard.

As for BoA, i make $ with their card - doing my job to defund leftists, or am I missing something?

platoonDaddy
04-29-18, 18:44
Fwiw, ive never seen a BWW posted.

As for BoA, i make $ with their card - doing my job to defund leftists, or am I missing something?

Bank of America to Stop Financing Makers of Military-Style Guns, that was early April and don't know if they carried through with the threat.

Bank of America will stop lending money to gun manufacturers that make military-inspired firearms for civilian use, such as the AR-15-style rifles that have been used in multiple mass shootings, a company executive said Tuesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/business/bank-of-america-guns.html

elephant
04-29-18, 20:55
who cares. eff Dicks.

That's how I feel, long ago, Dicks carries a huge variety of good brands and had a huge selection of camping and fishing gear. Now they sell 1 or 2 name brands and fill the rest with crap. They sell the shoes that Foot Locker and Foot Action wouldn't buy.

MegademiC
04-29-18, 21:02
Bank of America to Stop Financing Makers of Military-Style Guns, that was early April and don't know if they carried through with the threat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/business/bank-of-america-guns.html

Ok, but they pay me to borrow money from them. Are they somehow benefiting from that?
Thats what im asking.

SteyrAUG
04-29-18, 21:43
So a "sporting goods" company that sells firearms thinks they are going to satisfy their existing customers by destroying firearms? Or do they truly believe the anti gun crowd is going to start buying other firearms from Dicks or will otherwise become purchasers of hunting, fishing, camping gear because that is the kind of stuff most anti gun individuals buy?

This really borders on making country music that is derogatory of cowboy types and wondering why your album isn't selling.

Arik
04-29-18, 21:48
So a "sporting goods" company that sells firearms thinks they are going to satisfy their existing customers by destroying firearms? Or do they truly believe the anti gun crowd is going to start buying other firearms from Dicks or will otherwise become purchasers of hunting, fishing, camping gear because that is the kind of stuff most anti gun individuals buy?

This really borders on making country music that is derogatory of cowboy types and wondering why your album isn't selling.No. They're simply relying on soccer mom's to buy their kids school sports gear. Dick's isn't a gun store, they're a store that happens to also sell some firearms

And they aren't wondering. They said they were aware that they would loose a lot of sales and a lot of customers

sgtrock82
05-02-18, 21:43
No. They're simply relying on soccer mom's to buy their kids school sports gear. Dick's isn't a gun store, they're a store that happens to also sell some firearms

And they aren't wondering. They said they were aware that they would loose a lot of sales and a lot of customers
Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkThat and america is really a bunch of fat people who dress like athletes and give each other shit for not having oakleys and yeti coolers lol

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

T2C
05-02-18, 21:51
I have never purchased a firearm from Dick's Sporting Goods. Their firearms and ammunition were way overpriced compared to prices at small gun shops in our area.

I have purchased a considerable number of sporting goods items, bicycles, running shoes, Camel Baks for employees, cold weather gear, etc. That will stop.

platoonDaddy
05-03-18, 20:10
Springfield Armory stands-up

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

http://concealednation.org/2018/05/springfield-armory-completely-cuts-off-dicks/

FlyAndFight
05-03-18, 22:26
I received the email from SA earlier this evening. Hopefully other manufacturers follow suit.

Moose-Knuckle
05-04-18, 19:28
The following is a list of 54 business who don't want our business.

http://concealednation.org/2018/04/report-here-are-54-anti-gun-companies-that-dont-deserve-your-business/?utm_content=social-8ugj8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=SocialPilot

https://i.imgur.com/KCiEFpM.png

EDIT: just noticed it is from 2014 :confused:

Number 47 is going out of business so....

As other said, that appears to be an anti CCW list.

The few places on there I do enter for business (AMC, Cinemark, Walgreens) I walk right past their no Beretta M9 signs as they do not meet state requirements to ban CCW from their property.

As for Target, we quit spending money there when they decided to push the trans agenda and not protect REAL women's privacy in their restrooms. My dad has boycotted Target since '94 when they pulled firearm periodicals from their newsstand/book section. IIRC Target use to even sell ammo, not sure about firearms though.

horseman234
05-05-18, 13:28
National Shooting Sports Foundation Expells Dick's:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/04/national-shooting-sports-foundation-just-expelled-dicks-sporting-goods-gun-control-lobbying/

Grand58742
05-06-18, 11:42
I do find it interesting Dicks' stock price has been trending downward since their announcement. And dropped 10% in a week from $34.27 on April 27th down to $31.64 when the markets closed on Friday.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/dks

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/DKS/

Provided, I'm not well versed in the stock market trends and whatnot, but they were trading at $48.06 per share a year ago.

recon
05-09-18, 14:36
Two more company's now have ceased doing business with them. Mossberg Firearms and High Point Firearms.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/05/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-mossberg-no-more-sales-to-dicks-sporting-goods/
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/5/9/hi-point-firearms-inland-mfg-cease-sales-to-dicks-sporting-goods/

VARIABLE9
05-21-18, 10:10
Via FellowshipOfTheMinds-

Mairead Mcardle reports for National Review, March 22, 2018, that Dick’s Sporting Goods has suffered a surprisingly steep downturn in sales since promising to stop selling certain guns:

Stock tumbled to the lowest in four months after the sports store banned assault-style weapons from its Field & Stream stores and raised the minimum age for a customer to buy a firearm from 18 to 21.
The company’s shares fell 7.3% after going up 13% this year. Sales failed to hit the projected $2.74 billion, tapering off at $2.66 billion for this quarter.

platoonDaddy
06-03-18, 15:51
Another great indicator they are suffering a steep downturn

Dick’s Sporting Goods announced on Wednesday that their recent endorsement of gun control policies and hiring of gun control lobbyists has hurt their sales of firearms and hunting accessories.

The company did not reveal specifics about how much their firearms business had fallen during their first quarter earnings call but said it was directly connected to their decision to embrace certain gun control policies. “As expected, our firearms policy changes impacted our hunt business which saw an accelerated decline in an already challenged category,” Dick’s CFO Lee Belitsky told analysts. “We expect these businesses to remain under significant pressure throughout the remainder of the year.”

http://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/06/03/anti-gun-dicks-sporting-goods-business-down-future-bleak/

Bubba FAL
06-03-18, 19:45
Yet, just last week, the MSM was reporting how Dicks is flourishing despite backlash resulting from their "new" policies.

Of course, anyone who is capable of reading a simple graph can see the real story.

HardToHandle
06-03-18, 21:03
Yet, just last week, the MSM was reporting how Dicks is flourishing despite backlash resulting from their "new" policies.

Of course, anyone who is capable of reading a simple graph can see the real story.

The Wall Street Journal, a right leaning paper, noted that the firearms downturn was not that significant, along with Motley Fool and many other quasi independent analysts . Likely some of the spin is just spin, but the Dick’s CEO likely had some pretty compelling projections to be have the balls to burn bridges. The soft market for firearms and especially black rifles just is not going to make money if discounts are needed to move product.

I want Dick’s to nosedive as much as anyone else, but the quarterlies just weren’t that negative, especially in a losing commercial sector.

FlyingHunter
08-29-18, 19:01
Happy to see the poor financial results for this company after they abandon 2A Freedom. In a booming economy where retail segments are beating expectations, Dicks can't seem to keep up.

Shares of Dicks Sporting Goods(NYSE: DKS) were falling flat today after the retailer missed sales estimates in its first-quarter report and said it would slow down store openings and cut jobs.

As of 12:07 p.m. EDT, the stock was down 13.1%.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dicks-says-under-armour-new-gun-sales-policy-dragged-on-results-1535565173?mod=pls_whats_news_us_business_f

SteyrAUG
08-29-18, 19:39
Like making country music about how rednecks are stupid.

Can't imagine why pissing off a large segment of your consumer base might be a bad idea. Apparently there were fewer "camping hipsters" than they imagined.

titsonritz
08-29-18, 19:55
Ahh, I'm all tore up.

flenna
08-29-18, 19:59

Can't imagine why pissing off a large segment of your consumer base might be a bad idea. Apparently there were fewer "camping hipsters" than they imagined.

Apparently selling some $30 shorts and sports bras cannot make up for the $1000 rifles and assorted accessories they are no longer selling.

MegademiC
08-29-18, 20:34

Poor business decisions by poor managers results in a poor company.

Who purposely alienates their core business due to politics? Consequences have actions... eat it up.
The political part pisses me off, but the business side is astonishing, and quite humorous.

Edit: Great title btw. I laughed.

FlyingHunter
08-29-18, 20:46
Edit: Great title btw. I laughed.

Thanks. I struggled with the decision to title this thread. I decided it was time to harden up and go for it!

RazorBurn
08-29-18, 21:11
I guess one could say their sales earnings "came" up short... :D

My sympathy is in the dictionary.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-29-18, 21:53
Virtue signaling with other people's money.... Gotta love Progressives style...

titsonritz
08-29-18, 23:02
I guess one could say their sales earnings "came" up short... :D

My sympathy is in the dictionary.

Yeah right in between "shit" and "syphilis".

TMS951
08-30-18, 09:11
I hope they lose all thier gun business to small local gun shops. And then eventually those patrons all together.

Businesses should keep out of politics if they no what’s good for them. I own a business and we have our beliefs but you’ll never know what those beliefs by doing business with us. They are two separate things.

Doc Safari
08-30-18, 09:22
I just want Sportsman's Warehouse to be back in the building now occupied by Dicks here locally because it's a bigger building. In 2006 SW had a store in that space and it was fantastic. Now the SW in this town is about 1/2 the size by comparison. Dicks can spiral into bankruptcy for all I care, but I wish SW could be in that larger building....ah those were the days.

Vgex2
08-30-18, 10:11
I hope they lose all thier gun business to small local gun shops. And then eventually those patrons all together.

Businesses should keep out of politics if they no what’s good for them. I own a business and we have our beliefs but you’ll never know what those beliefs by doing business with us. They are two separate things.

Another reason why I won't be ordering from Papa John's anytime soon. The whole ousting is one matter but the replacement CEO recently sent out a mailer committing the company to social diversity and inclusivity. No mention of their product at all. I sent them a terse letter informing them when I want to order a pizza, I'll pick the place that hasn't injected politics into their business model. Ie not them.

Doc Safari
08-30-18, 10:13
Another reason why I won't be ordering from Papa John's anytime soon. The whole ousting is one matter but the replacement CEO recently sent out a mailer committing the company to social diversity and inclusivity. No mention of their product at all. I sent them a terse letter informing them when I want to order a pizza, I'll pick the place that hasn't injected politics into their business model. Ie not them.

Is his statement really more than just CYA, though? It seems like any CEO would make such statements to stave off a firestorm of controversy and keep the dollars flowing in.

Now, if he comes out later with a bunch of SJW horseshit like Starbucks that will be a different story.

gaijin
08-30-18, 10:24
"Reap what you sow"/KARMA.

26 Inf
08-30-18, 11:11

First of all, I thinks Dick's decision was virtue signalling to their desired base, not made out of firm convictions.

I'd like you to enlarge on the statement I quoted.

If you are referring to religious or political beliefs not apparent in your business, I certainly get that. I try to live by my faith (not often successful) and yet I find using 'the Fish' in advertising a put off. I'm probably less likely to frequent that merchant because they are trying to monetize their faith.

If you are talking about having a firm belief that smoking is bad for your health and running a smoke shop, maybe you need to tap your moral compass. :sarcastic:

In Dick's case, they are a corporate body, that, if they held guns are bad sentiment shouldn't have gotten into the gun business to begin with, but they did. Their only commitment was to the anticipated upside of their decision. I hope they guessed wrong. It looks like they did.

kwelz
08-30-18, 12:00
What a shock. If a business wants to do something political that is their business. But know your base.

The_War_Wagon
08-30-18, 13:54
Couple more quarters like that, and their stock will be right up there with Circuit City's & Gimbels! :help:

SteyrAUG
08-30-18, 15:39

I once did a politically motivated advertisement.

ggammell
08-30-18, 19:39
We can talk all we want about guns, but I went in two weeks ago to grab a fleece for my wife as we were taking a trip to cooler climates. Nada. Couldn’t find one. Super fancy displays and stuff but not one fleece. I know it’s august but there’s a Halloween shop open literally next door. You should be able to find a fleece. This is why they aren’t hitting their mark. They just don’t have the inventory on hand like they used to. You can’t sell what people can’t see.

_Stormin_
08-30-18, 19:58
Yeah, picked up a new O/U this past weekend for trap at the local club. Could have gone to a Dicks store less than five minutes from home. Drove a half hour instead to buy the gun. Never another dime at Dicks for anything, from a great O/U to a pair of socks. Shame that they own Golf Galaxy too.

HCrum87hc
08-30-18, 20:19
Thanks. I struggled with the decision to title this thread. I decided it was time to harden up and go for it!

I see what you did there...

They deserve every bit of it.

Bret
08-31-18, 15:37
My wife and I shopped there for years for shoes and sports equipment for our kid's rec league teams. When they started that crap, I told her that we'd never set foot in Dicks again and we haven't. Sure, I'm only one person, but apparently there's more than one of me.

SimpliSafe decided to drop their NRA discount at the same time Dicks was pulling their wanker. I had recently purchased a system for a house that I own, so it was still within the trial period. I called them up and told them that I wanted to return the system. When asked why, I told the representative that I don't do business with companies that ask for my business (at the NRA convention no less) and then blame me for the criminal acts of others and failures of those in charge who could have prevented the crime. The lady I spoke with said that she had received several calls that day with the same sentiment. SimpliSafe is gaining market share, so my bet is that they'll be able to hide the sales they've lost. I think the position of SimpliSafe took represents virtue signaling at its worst. They offer a less expensive security system that allows some people who otherwise couldn't afford a security system to have one. In theory this security should prevent stuff like guns from getting stolen by criminals. These are the same criminals who would likely later use the stolen guns in crimes. So because of their desire to virtue signal, crimes will actually be committed which could have otherwise been avoided. If they were smart, they would have taken the opposite tact and announced to the world that they want gun owners to use their services so that fewer guns are stolen to be used in crimes. They Simpli didn't think.

In Dick's case, they are a corporate body, that, if they held guns are bad sentiment shouldn't have gotten into the gun business to begin with, but they did. Their only commitment was to the anticipated upside of their decision. I hope they guessed wrong. It looks like they did.
It's far more likely that the original owners that started the business with a positive view of the 2nd Amendment. However, once their ownership went away after going public, the new management that came along "found" themselves with a business model that happens to involve selling guns. Not personally having positive views of the 2nd Amendment combined with the desire to virtue signal and inject themselves in situations for attention, not to mention a lack of business common sense, resulted in the management crapping on their own company. The fact that ownership is scattered among many share holders protects them for the consequences of their decisions.

tb-av
08-31-18, 19:05
Apparently there were fewer "camping hipsters" than they imagined.

They shop at REI. As do I, but that's beside the point.

I didn't buy a lot from Dick's but did by occasional shoes and a fair bit of UnderArmour. When they went down the no AR's road I thought ok big deal. When they went down the no 2A road, I stopped shopping there.

So yeah, who is their client base. We have a BassPro, Cabella's, GreenTop(very large local shop), REI, and an Orvis... not to mention a couple of specialty running shops, all within a very reasonable distance to Dick's. I think they shut one down. I don;t know how the one stays open that is near BassPro, GreenTop. Dick's is the new Gander Mountain. Not sure what their other markets are like but around here I don;t see how they can keep stores open. Oh, and Golf World or whatever it's called... and we have a very old well established team sports shop. So what in the world does Dick's have?

Really dumb move on their part for such a compromised store compared to their competition.

I guess if you really need that Nike shirt today, they are your goto place.

gunrunner505
08-31-18, 21:18
Dick’s Q1, more of a hold up than a stick up....

Moose-Knuckle
09-01-18, 05:18
Virtue signaling with other people's money.... Gotta love Progressives style...

And what adds insult to injury is that the tards pulled AR's from their shelf after Sandy Hook, that happened in December of '12.

They were practically giving away that Troy rifle with all the bells and whistles on it in early 2013. After Parkland, which happened in February of this year, they shot themselves in the proverbial foot lol.

FlyingHunter
09-01-18, 10:34
My wife and I shopped there for years for shoes and sports equipment for our kid's rec league teams. When they started that crap, I told her that we'd never set foot in Dicks again and we haven't. Sure, I'm only one person, but apparently there's more than one of me.

I'm one as well and will never step back into the store. There's more of us than you might think...

SOWT
09-04-18, 12:27
I stopped going to Dicks in 06.
Bought a Remington 700 and the salesman insisted I fill their paperwork out asking if I had kids in the house, and their ages.
None of their business.

titsonritz
09-04-18, 12:36
I stopped going to Dicks in 06.
Bought a Remington 700 and the salesman insisted I fill their paperwork out asking if I had kids in the house, and their ages.
None of their business.

Should have asked him if he was a ****ing pervert.

platoonDaddy
09-05-18, 12:50
Now Levi, the complaint line : 415-501-1200 given to me by Levis customer service

paraphrase from an NRA Twitter item this morning...why do businesses preach diversity and inclusion then alienate huge parts of their customer base including law-abiding citizens who support the Constitution.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/04/levi-strauss-launches-million-dollar-gun-control-campaign/

Bret
09-05-18, 13:15
Levi has been anti-2nd for decades. I stopped buying their products twenty years ago and have missed out on nothing. I prefer superior products that are less expensive which generate profits that don't go towards efforts to take away my God given rights.

SteyrAUG
09-05-18, 13:35
Levi has been anti-2nd for decades. I stopped buying their products twenty years ago and have missed out on nothing. I prefer superior products that are less expensive which generate profits that don't go towards efforts to take away my God given rights.

Yep. Last time I bought Levi's was in high school.

Arik
09-05-18, 13:45

Businesses should keep out of politics if they no what’s good for them. I own a business and we have our beliefs but you’ll never know what those beliefs by doing business with us. They are two separate things.Maybe it's a local thing but no one here thinks of Dicks when going to buy a firearm. It just never was. Im surprised they even had a firearm section

Averageman
09-05-18, 15:02
Virtue signalling is a bad business model.
I hope Nike learned something,.but I doubt it.

Doc Safari
09-05-18, 15:05
Virtue signalling is a bad business model.
I hope Nike learned something,.but I doubt it.

None of these idiots will ever learn it. Look at the NFL, ESPN...the narrative is more important than the pocketbook anymore, I guess.

The scary thought is: maybe there aren't enough of us anymore to scare them.

Ponder that.

26 Inf
09-05-18, 15:41
None of these idiots will ever learn it. Look at the NFL, ESPN...the narrative is more important than the pocketbook anymore, I guess.

I think by and large the folks making those decisions aren't playing with their own money.

And......being out of a 4 million a year gig isn't quit as earth shaking as being out of the job that had you struggling pay day to pay day to make ends meet.

If you or I got let loose for not being perky enough, it would be harder for us to get a job than it is for a CEO who just bankrupted a company and left a bunch of people jobless.

Ever wonder why that is?

Doc Safari
09-05-18, 15:48
I think by and large the folks making those decisions aren't playing with their own money.

And......being out of a 4 million a year gig isn't quit as earth shaking as being out of the job that had you struggling pay day to pay day to make ends meet.

If you or I got let loose for not being perky enough, it would be harder for us to get a job than it is for a CEO who just bankrupted a company and left a bunch of people jobless.

Ever wonder why that is?

I am told that if you read the book "What Color Is Your Parachute?" you will know the answer. These high-powered CEO's deliberately set themselves up for a generous severance package. They get to retire for some screw-up with more money than you and I make in a lifetime.

Bret
09-05-18, 16:07

These high-powered CEO's deliberately set themselves up for a generous severance package.
This happens because the companies are owned by so many shareholders that the management is effectively not accountable to anyone but themselves. Shareholders generally are not concerned with the long term prospects for the company anyway, as their goal is typically the short term value gain of the stock. It is virtually impossible to have a privately held company grow past two generations due to the 40% estate tax rate as owners don't have that pile of cash sitting in the bank to pay the IRS when they die.

flenna
09-05-18, 17:10
I am told that if you read the book "What Color Is Your Parachute?" you will know the answer. These high-powered CEO's deliberately set themselves up for a generous severance package. They get to retire for some screw-up with more money than you and I make in a lifetime.

Exactly- it is a small club of revolving CEOs. I can see how the interview goes: "So, tell me about your last position as CEO", "Well, we were making a ton of money, stocks through the roof. And then I shot my mouth off, virtue signaled and alienated all our customers to where we lost everything. I took a $200 million severance package and was shown the door. Now I am here ready to provide the same service to your company". "Wow, hired!".

Doc Safari
09-05-18, 17:12
Exactly- it is a small club of revolving CEOs. I can see how the interview goes: "So, tell me about your last position as CEO", "Well, we were making a ton of money, stocks through the roof. And then I shot my mouth off, virtue signaled and alienated all our customers to where we lost everything. I took a $200 million severance package and was shown the door. Now I am here ready to provide the same service to your company". "Wow, hired!".

And they will do it too! When you reach the top of the top, one firing over a huge mistake doesn't mitigate a stellar career in everything else. Or so that's my opinion. Only peons become unemployable over one screw up.

Averageman
09-05-18, 17:15
And this is why I will remain where I am at.
I think in such a position you should act as though you are playing with your own money, anything less than that is unethical.

Doc Safari
09-05-18, 17:20
And this is why I will remain where I am at.
I think in such a position you should act as though you are playing with your own money, anything less than that is unethical.

As if they could possibly even pretend to care about ethics anymore. It's all about them maintaining their lofty positions while cultivating the praise and admiration of what they perceive to be the opinion leaders in our society.

Literally NOTHING else matters, not even more money.

They scoff at boycotts, shrug their shoulders at lost revenues. The people in the executive suites reach a level of success where the money is no longer as important as the power and hero worship. In a way, the golden parachute is also a badge of honor for kowtowing to the deep state liberal establishment. There's no better enhancement to reputation than to be thought of as "politically correct" and a "social justice warrior" in the circles these people inhabit.

Bottom line: A revolution in this country is no longer feasible if only the political system is to be reformed. The cancer has already metastasized.

RazorBurn
09-05-18, 18:44

I honestly didn't know that. I don't know how I've missed it over the years, but I have.

Arik
09-05-18, 19:10
I honestly didn't know that. I don't know how I've missed it over the years, but I have.I didn't either. No way to follow all the constant back and forth. There's even a list online but it's too big to remember.

Bret
09-05-18, 20:00
I remember the shoe store Foot Locker pulling some anti-2nd Amendment crap when I was in college. I never purchased from them again.

titsonritz
09-05-18, 22:10
There's even a list online but it's too big to remember.

http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/nras-list-of-antis/

Arik
09-06-18, 05:56
http://www.2acheck.com/the-boycott-list/nras-list-of-antis/I remember there was another list with even more companies

AndyLate
09-06-18, 06:37
I honestly didn't know that. I don't know how I've missed it over the years, but I have.

Levis includes Dockers, btw. Hagar slacks are better anyway.

Andy

platoonDaddy
09-13-18, 16:42
Nike along with Columbia are now on Oregon’s case

Brands aren't just here to make clothes anymore. Nike, in particular, has been getting involved in some politically heated debates—most notably with this past week's controversial Colin Kaepernick advertisement.

Next up on its list: public opposition to a movement that would overturn a longstanding sanctuary law regarding immigration in Oregon. Both Nike's President, Chairman, and CEO, Mark Parker, and Columbia Sportswear's President, Chairman, and CEO, Tim Boyle, released public statements this week via OregonVotes.gov.

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a23105356/nike-columbia-sportswear-oregon-immigrant-sanctuary-laws/

FlyingHunter
09-13-18, 19:17

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a23105356/nike-columbia-sportswear-oregon-immigrant-sanctuary-laws/

Well dang...I've always had good luck w Columbia.

vicious_cb
09-14-18, 02:13
And people thought I was too extreme when I said to boycott Solo: A star wars movie with their SWJ agenda cause "Its just a movie bro"

Sorry but the culture war is being fought on all fronts now, social media, retail, movies, TV ect are all battlegrounds. Movies arent just movies, nike shoes arent just shoes anymore when the company decides to take the wrong side and become a symbol. The best way to strike blows to the enemy is with your wallet.

Hey its not like Solo bombed at the box office or anything and that the SJW studio head and director are getting the boot. Movies are just movies and shoes are just shoes right?

Moose-Knuckle
09-14-18, 12:51

Just last week I bought my kiddo a new Columbia fleece jacket and one of their waterproof hardshells. I never pay full retail and picked them up on Sierra Trading Post for more than 50% below MSRP so I doubt they make too much coin off my thrifty ass.

Columbia now, along with most if not all outdoor apparel company's are ardent leftist; Patagonia, The North Face, Outdoor Research, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, etc.

titsonritz
09-14-18, 12:53
And "immigrants" are just immigrants right?

flenna
09-14-18, 17:07
Just last week I bought my kiddo a new Columbia fleece jacket and one of their waterproof hardshells. I never pay full retail and picked them up on Sierra Trading Post for more than 50% below MSRP so I doubt they make too much coin off my thrifty ass.

Columbia now, along with most if not all outdoor apparel company's are ardent leftist; Patagonia, The North Face, Outdoor Research, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, etc.

I buy outdoor clothing and gear almost exclusively from Sierra Trading Post and have been since they were sending out paper catalogs. Great prices and not funneling much money directly to the leftists since everything STP sells is from buying closeout lots.

Moose-Knuckle
09-14-18, 17:14
I buy outdoor clothing and gear almost exclusively from Sierra Trading Post and have been since they were sending out paper catalogs. Great prices and not funneling much money directly to the leftists since everything STP sells is from buying closeout lots.

This.

And when I wear my yuppie TNF, Patagonia, OR jackets/vests/hats I blend right in with the soy boys.

Todd.K
09-14-18, 18:21
Columbia. Ha. They can't even see the effect of a leftist utopia (Portland) if it craps in front of their door. Repeatedly.

employees reported clashes with aggressive panhandlers and repeated car break-ins. One worker said her life was threatened. "It is a relief when the only thing we are dealing with is the garbage and human waste by our front door," Boyle said in an op-ed column submitted to The Oregonian/OregonLive. "Think about that for a minute."
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2017/11/columbia_sportswear_considers.html

Moose-Knuckle
09-15-18, 11:25
Columbia. Ha. They can't even see the effect of a leftist utopia (Portland) if it craps in front of their door. Repeatedly.

employees reported clashes with aggressive panhandlers and repeated car break-ins. One worker said her life was threatened. "It is a relief when the only thing we are dealing with is the garbage and human waste by our front door," Boyle said in an op-ed column submitted to The Oregonian/OregonLive. "Think about that for a minute."
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2017/11/columbia_sportswear_considers.html

All these leftist deserve to live in the utopia (and all that entails) they have fostered.

Doc Safari
11-29-18, 15:03
The destruction continues:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dicks-sporting-goods-sales-hit-by-tougher-stance-on-guns-1543430357

Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. DKS -4.67% is paying a price for its decision earlier this year to stop selling guns to people under 21 as sales continued to sag in its latest quarter.

Sales at existing stores and websites fell 3.9% for the three-month period ended Nov. 3., driven down by weakness in the company’s hunting and electronics departments, executives said on a conference call with analysts on Wednesday. Those categories accounted for over half of the decline. Weak gun sales also hit other areas like outdoor equipment because fewer hunters are coming to stores, said Lee Belitsky, chief financial officer at Dick’s. It was the chain’s fifth consecutive quarter of sales declines.

They try to spin it that people buy fewer guns during perceived gun-friendly administrations, but it's telling that the decline hit more than just gun sales.

Bret
11-29-18, 15:38
They try to spin it that people buy fewer guns during perceived gun-friendly administrations, but it's telling that the decline hit more than just gun sales.
I only ever bought one gun at Dick's, but I'd buy shoes for myself and family several times a year, sporting equipment for my children, running clothes, etc. I'll never shop there again.

titsonritz
11-29-18, 15:47
They can "perceive" all they want, Dick's suck dick and deserves to fold.

AndyLate
11-29-18, 21:24
I only ever bought one gun at Dick's, but I'd buy shoes for myself and family several times a year, sporting equipment for my children, running clothes, etc. I'll never shop there again.

I bought a stainless Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun at Dicks because no one else in town could touch their price (a long time ago). Like you, we shopped there occasionally, but never again.

Andy

Arik
11-29-18, 21:32
Back in 1998 I bought one of my first firearms from them. A Marlin 32lr semi auto with a scope and 500 rounds. About 6 years ago I happened to stop in with a friend who was looking for something and they happened to have a sale on green tip 556. I bought 500 rounds.

That's it. They never had anything I wanted and with the internet I could get better and more options. The rifle I bought was when I was 18 and pre Internet

glocktogo
11-29-18, 21:46
I’ve never spent a penny at Dick’s and I never will. They can suck it!

Doc Safari
12-10-18, 15:03
SAY 'GOODBYE' TO A BUNCH OF DICK'S

https://outline.com/MpmTGg

Now Dick’s Is Facing Actual Store Closures After Selling Out Gun Buyers

The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods told investors during the Goldman Sachs Retailing Conference that the company’s anti-gun stance has negatively impacted business to the point where they’re considering closing their Field & Stream stores.

Earlier this year, the sporting goods store raised their minimum age requirement for firearm purchases from 18 to 21. They also removed all assault-style weapons from their stores.

The company suffered greatly as a result of their anti-gun stance. Dick’s share price dropped more than 4 percent and store growth is beginning to stagnate.

Edward Stack, chairman and CEO of Dick’s, claimed that he anticipated the negative consequences of the company’s gun ban during the conference held by Goldman Sachs in September.

“Well I think it’s definitely a factor, and it’s nothing that we didn’t anticipate,” Stack said of the loss of business. “As we put out kind of our guidance for the year and our earnings guidance for the year, we knew this would happen when—we’ve made some decisions on firearms in the past and we’ve had a pretty good idea of what these consequences were going to be.”

It’s definitely not a good business tactic to intentionally do something that will hurt business. Of course, Stack justified it by saying it’s “the right thing to do.”

“We felt that was absolutely the right thing to do. We would do the same thing again if we had a mulligan, so to speak, to do it again,” Stack said.

Stack can try to spin the company’s decline as some kind of moral crusade but it won’t matter if the company ceases to exist.

Dick’s is paying the price for changing its gun policy earlier this year. The sporting goods company reported its sales were down in both stores and online.

My take: I grew up in world where if you made a decision that cost the company business you would be in the unemployment line the next day. I guess liberalism is more important than the bottom line anymore.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-10-18, 16:25

My take: I grew up in world where if you made a decision that cost the company business you would be in the unemployment line the next day. I guess liberalism is more important than the bottom line anymore.

The only thing worse than virtue signaling is virtue signaling with other people's money. It takes a real leader to take a position and have it paid for by the people that trusted you with the money. Now let's hope the lawyers will swoop in and start lawsuits about failing their fiduciary and leader responsibilities.

Hard t defend losing money by refusing to sell sporting goods, when selling sporting goods is your business.

I refuse to go to Dicks. I go to Big Five instead.

tb-av
12-10-18, 17:06
No kidding.... 'hey guys, I lost my money and yours, but hey, I'd do it again.... oh, and guess what? ... we're going to lose even more!!

What a moron.

26 Inf
12-10-18, 17:08

I think what we need to be aware of is that CEO Ed Stack is the son of the founder, purchased the company from his father (along with his siblings), took it public and is the majority shareholder.

So he is probably not going to be fired anytime soon.

Vote with your wallet - I go through a lot of .22 - Dick's was generally one of the places I purchased from - haven't set foot in the place since they started virtue signaling. I'm sure that they haven't noticed my individual decision, but as we can see, collectively, there is strength.

Doc Safari
12-10-18, 17:11
I think what we need to be aware of is that CEO Ed Stack is the son of the founder, purchased the company from his father (along with his siblings), took it public and is the majority shareholder.

So he is probably not going to be fired anytime soon.

Vote with your wallet - I go through a lot of .22 - Dick's was generally one of the places I purchased from - haven't set foot in the place since they started virtue signaling.

Oh, thank you for explaining that.

Translation: Father works hard building the business into a multi-outlet empire. Worthless uninterested liberal-educated child takes over the company and uses it for SJW retardedness. Worthless child has all kinds of warm fuzzies knowing he saved the world from dad's misguided sale of firearms. Hundreds of people on the way to being out of work wonder how their country is being stolen from them by the brain-dead.

flenna
12-10-18, 17:26
This is a good example of how capitalism works, as long as the government keeps their hands out of it. Now let's say some SJW's in Congress decide, like they did with GM and Solindra, that Dick's does something they really like in spite of the demands of the market so they subsidize them at taxpayer's expense. Dick's would continue on with their idiocy while us taxpayers sucked up their expenses. But, at least at this point, Dick's stupid decision is costing them millions and forcing store closures while the other big box sporting goods stores pick up their slack.

platoonDaddy
12-11-18, 20:02
The CEO will never say his decision ref guns was a factor in the store’s initial collapse. To admit that would put him at the wrath of stockholders who are only interested in the bottom dollar. Then the stockholders would hit his $$$.

Corporate Gun Control Fail: Dick's May Close 35 Stores Across 18 State
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/corporate-gun-control-fail-dicks-may-close-35-stores-across-18-states/

recon
12-11-18, 23:39
Good! I hope they go under!

Rogue556
12-12-18, 15:13
I hope we start seeing more companies suffer the consequences of their actions. It's a shame it isn't happening to larger companies who are doing the real damage.

A few years ago I was laid off and took a job at a distribution center for Walmart while looking for better work. During the initial new hire training they had a section specifically for work place violence. In this section they mention employees who own weapons, especially "assault style" weapons, as being threats to the company and its employees. The training asked that anyone known to have assault style weapons and stockpiles of ammo be reported to upper management immediately. Needless to say, I found another job quickly thereafter.

This is the kind of crap going on inside nearly ever major company in the US. There is a reason you don't see pro second ammendment, constitution loving CEO's at these companies. It's all by design and they know what the end game is.

Sadly, until we get more folks to see things our way and convince them to buy elsewhere, even at a great inconvenience, we'll continue to lose. Buying our food from local farmers markets (or producing it ourselves), buying products from small retailers locally, cutting out cable/satellite TV and similar services, homeschooling our children, and choosing not to send our children to left leaning "colleges" are all things we should be doing. Problem is most aren't nearly switched on enough to make these changed and thus we slip deeper into the hole every passing day.

Moose-Knuckle
12-12-18, 16:56
A few years ago I was laid off and took a job at a distribution center for Walmart while looking for better work. During the initial new hire training they had a section specifically for work place violence. In this section they mention employees who own weapons, especially "assault style" weapons, as being threats to the company and its employees. The training asked that anyone known to have assault style weapons and stockpiles of ammo be reported to upper management immediately. Needless to say, I found another job quickly thereafter.

I ponder as to why the Walmart corporation is fearful of their own employees, guilty conscience much?

The irony of course is that Walmart sells 5.56, 7.62 NATO, 7.62 Russian ammo in their stores as well as steel M2A1 ammo cans.

Doc Safari
12-12-18, 16:59
I ponder as to why the Walmart corporation is fearful of their own employees, guilty conscience much?

The irony of course is that Walmart sells 5.56, 7.62 NATO, 7.62 Russian ammo in their stores as well as steel M2A1 ammo cans.

Window dressing. PC compliance. SJW sympathizing bullshit. One thing I learned about corporate America is that the only difference between a whore and an executive is that generally a whore can wash off the filth with a nice long bath. An executive would have to have a soul transplant.

It's all a bunch of "look how conscientious we are" bullcrap.

TexHill
02-28-19, 08:38
The question has been asked, "when are these people going to understand that gun that gun laws only affect law abiding people?" This bill is proof that the Left doesn't care so much about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, but in disarming any resistance to their potential rule in this country.

Now the CEO of Dick's - and others - has doubled down on his earlier stupidity by supporting H.R. 8 in Congress. One of the idiotic things this bill does is make it a felony to loan a friend or family member a gun for the purpose of hunting or self protection unless a background check is done prior to the transfer.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ceos-dicks-toms-levi-rxr-realty-gun-control/

jsbhike
02-28-19, 08:53
Reasonably sure that has always been the main, perhaps only, reason concealed carry permits exist.

MegademiC
02-28-19, 10:38
The question has been asked, "when are these people going to understand that gun that gun laws only affect law abiding people?" This bill is proof that the Left doesn't care so much about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, but in disarming any resistance to their potential rule in this country.

Now the CEO of Dick's - and others - has doubled down on his earlier stupidity by supporting H.R. 8 in Congress. One of the idiotic things this bill does is make it a felony to loan a friend or family member a gun for the purpose of hunting or self protection unless a background check is done prior to the transfer.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ceos-dicks-toms-levi-rxr-realty-gun-control/

How would they know? Do they keep records of who gets a background check?

Reasonably sure that has always been the main, perhaps only, reason concealed carry permits exist.

Good point, ccw permit = unlimited transfers it would seem.

Co-gnARR
02-28-19, 10:44

When the gun registry these people are trying to create comes to be, I think the answer is “yes”.

TexHill
02-28-19, 10:53

The background check is a backdoor registration. The government needs to know where all the guns are when the confiscations start, and the only way they can know that is from the 4473's of the law abiding citizens who will follow this law.

Arik
02-28-19, 10:54

Depending on the state. PA has no such thing. Long guns can be sold without a background check between private parties but CCW only means you can carry and nothing else

Doc Safari
02-28-19, 10:56
I'm actually of the opinion that a CCW license is backdoor registration. The Second Amendment should be your CCW permit. I know that's not the case in some states, but anytime you get the government's permission for something firearm related you are giving them an excuse to control your rights.

jsbhike
02-28-19, 10:57
Depending on the state. PA has no such thing. Long guns can be sold without a background check between private parties but CCW only means you can carry and nothing else

CCW means a person is likely to own firearms which is what they don't like.

Arik
02-28-19, 11:10
CCW means a person is likely to own firearms which is what they don't like.Ah! I thought you meant it was a reason not to do a check

jsbhike
02-28-19, 11:18
Ah! I thought you meant it was a reason not to do a check

I have always figured registering the owner was just as good as registering serial numbers

grnamin
02-28-19, 12:23
The background check is a backdoor registration. The government needs to know where all the guns are when the confiscations start, and the only way they can know that is from the 4473's of the law abiding citizens who will follow this law.
https://youtu.be/vmrYVJWwBfE

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

platoonDaddy
04-01-19, 14:14
No surprise, Dick’s CEO a Member of Michael Bloomberg’s Gun Control Group

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack is a member of Everytown Business Leaders for Gun Safety, part of Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety.

Stack is also an active supporter of Congressional Democrats’ efforts to criminalize private gun sales via gun control bill H.R. 8.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/01/dicks-ceo-a-member-of-michael-bloombergs-gun-control-group/

Doc Safari
04-01-19, 14:17
Dicks is paying for their insolence:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-31/dicks-firearms-ban-makes-150-million-dent-sales-billionaire-ceo-opines-system

Dick's Sporting Goods - once a major seller of firearms, has lost around $150 million in sales after CEO Ed Stack announced last February that he would begin restricting gun sales at the country's largest sports retailer, according to Bloomberg. What's more, guns drove the sale of many soft goods, including hats, jackets and boots.