PDA

View Full Version : today is the lowest point of my life

HMsailor
04-19-18, 09:52
i never thought this day would come but I had no choice but to join calguns forum. i hope to get out of this state soon before i lose my mind.

diving dave
04-19-18, 10:03
I hear ya my friend... As soon as I was able to retire I got the hell out of there. I do miss the Monterey/carmel area, but other than that the state is complete mess.

Doc Safari
04-19-18, 10:22
Not being from Commiefornia I'm not familiar with the finer points of why joining Calguns forum is a bad thing...

Just sayin'...

militarymoron
04-19-18, 10:25
Thread moved from AR General Discussion.

Alex V
04-19-18, 10:30
As a member of NJGunForum... I feel your pain. Plan is to be in NC within 12 months...

The_War_Wagon
04-19-18, 11:43
As a member of NJGunForum... I feel your pain. Plan is to be in NC within 12 months...

LEAVE Joisey behind when you go. NC filled up on "Joisey" in 1989 - it's full, and accepting no more!

Dienekes
04-19-18, 12:52
Add to “What is best in life”—seeing a place you hated living in disappear from your rear view mirror.

For ever.

NWPilgrim
04-19-18, 16:26
Not being from Commiefornia I'm not familiar with the finer points of why joining Calguns forum is a bad thing...

Just sayin'...

Because it means the gun laws are so restrictive you have to join calguns just to keep up on how to stay legal and any tips on work arounds. In the past calguns was the momemtum behind the bullet button idea, where to get, how it works. Now there are more restrictions including ammo.

I joined in the initial bullet button years as I have family there and wanted to gift items to them. I'm not even in CA.

RetroRevolver77
04-19-18, 16:32
I hear they police their own.

jpmuscle
04-19-18, 16:49
I hear they police their own.

Funny how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnamin
04-19-18, 18:49
My first gun forum was nyfirearms.com so I feel your pain.

Alex V
04-19-18, 19:09
LEAVE Joisey behind when you go. NC filled up on "Joisey" in 1989 - it's full, and accepting no more!

Other than working out and tanning there is nothing Jersey about me. I love America and guns and I drive a pick-up. I don't belong here.

I will miss the pizza tho.

1_click_off
04-19-18, 19:55
Heard on the radio they are trying to pass a law that will make police positively identify a BG has a firearm before they can shoot.

B.B. gun = bad shoot
Fake gun = bad shoot
Anything but a real gun = bad shoot

Ups it from reasonable force to necessary force before it is a good shoot.

Why in the hell is CA more interested in criminal’s rights than an officer’s safety?

I would never live there. Ever.

Averageman
04-19-18, 20:56
I believe they've even legislated away the rights of servicemen irt. guns.
You PCS to be stationed in California and you can't bring your guns with you.
This wasn't the case when I was stationed there.

Kain
04-19-18, 21:21
Heard on the radio they are trying to pass a law that will make police positively identify a BG has a firearm before they can shoot.

B.B. gun = bad shoot
Fake gun = bad shoot
Anything but a real gun = bad shoot

Ups it from reasonable force to necessary force before it is a good shoot.

I'd like to see that hold up to supreme court rulings since there is case law regarding perception of a weapon.

Why in the hell is CA more interested in criminal’s rights than an officer’s safety?

Because they got to protect their voting population.

JoshNC
04-19-18, 22:50
Other than working out and tanning there is nothing Jersey about me. I love America and guns and I drive a pick-up. I don't belong here.

I will miss the pizza tho.

Tanning? Dude, stop that....melanoma, basal cell carcinoma , squamous cell carcinoma. Not good. Oh and NC welcomes a fellow hoplophile politically conservative Jew with open arms.

Alex V
04-20-18, 07:44
Tanning? Dude, stop that....melanoma, basal cell carcinoma , squamous cell carcinoma. Not good. Oh and NC welcomes a fellow hoplophile politically conservative Jew with open arms.

LOL

Between 21ish and 28ish I would go all year round lol. Now I only go for a couple months before our annul trip to the Caribbean. Get a nice base tan going :-)

Bubba FAL
04-20-18, 17:09
Left the PRK in 2001. Miss the weather, miss the dez, but I sure don't miss anything else. Free America is better by far, even if the weather isn't as good.

militarymoron
04-20-18, 19:04
LOL
Between 21ish and 28ish I would go all year round lol. Now I only go for a couple months before our annul trip to the Caribbean. Get a nice base tan going :-)

Ain't nothin' wrong with a nice base tan.
https://media.gq.com/photos/59679297daa87a18cb2cadaf/3:4/w_350/gq-will-ferrell.jpg

Alex V
04-20-18, 23:50
Ain't nothin' wrong with a nice base tan.
https://media.gq.com/photos/59679297daa87a18cb2cadaf/3:4/w_350/gq-will-ferrell.jpg

lol

RealTree in Louisiana = Base tan in New Jersey.

GTL baby! lol

RobertTheTexan
04-22-18, 03:01
My first gun forum was nyfirearms.com so I feel your pain.

It almost seems that should really be an “antiforum”. You know a forum based more on what you can’t have than what you do have.

At any rate you should get a medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rero360
04-22-18, 03:37
I know the feeling OP, I joined calguns a few months before moving out there so I knew what to expect and not become a felon unawares. I came from Western NY so there wasn’t to much of a difference in the laws, just no carry permit due to being in LA. But it’s not all bad, I met my wife in CA and we now have our first child on the way, a boy, I get back from this deployment just in time for his birth.

As to all the new laws and proposed laws, I’m quickly getting to the point of ignoring them. I reload just about everything but for the calibers that I don’t/can’t, going to start buying in bulk every time I leave the state.

PatrioticDisorder
04-22-18, 08:46
I know the feeling OP, I joined calguns a few months before moving out there so I knew what to expect and not become a felon unawares. I came from Western NY so there wasn’t to much of a difference in the laws, just no carry permit due to being in LA. But it’s not all bad, I met my wife in CA and we now have our first child on the way, a boy, I get back from this deployment just in time for his birth.

As to all the new laws and proposed laws, I’m quickly getting to the point of ignoring them. I reload just about everything but for the calibers that I don’t/can’t, going to start buying in bulk every time I leave the state.

NY & NJ are worse than Cali, hands down. Legend has it, if you so much as look at a handgun without a permission slip in those states, you can be charged with a felony... and in NY if you dare modify your AR-15 to actually resemble something semi ergonomic, you will be given a life sentence for daring to defy king Cuomo.

Alex V
04-22-18, 08:53
NY & NJ are worse than Cali, hands down. Legend has it, if you so much as look at a handgun without a permission slip in those states, you can be charged with a felony... and in NY if you dare modify your AR-15 to actually resemble something semi ergonomic, you will be given a life sentence for daring to defy king Cuomo.

You need two permission slips in NJ. First you need to have a Firearms Purchase ID card which required a background check, fingerprints, mental health check and two references. Then every time you want to buy a handgun, you need a Permit to Purchase which requires the same exact paperwork, same background check and two references. Then when you buy it, they will run NICS lol. It's retarded.

Some towns take 6 months to get you a permit to perchase or your FID. The law says 30 days and they all ignore it. I'm a bit "lucky" my town usually does it in 30 days or less, but they require new finger prints every 5 years. I didn't know your fingerprints can change.

PatrioticDisorder
04-22-18, 09:14
You need two permission slips in NJ. First you need to have a Firearms Purchase ID card which required a background check, fingerprints, mental health check and two references. Then every time you want to buy a handgun, you need a Permit to Purchase which requires the same exact paperwork, same background check and two references. Then when you buy it, they will run NICS lol. It's retarded.

Some towns take 6 months to get you a permit to perchase or your FID. The law says 30 days and they all ignore it. I'm a bit "lucky" my town usually does it in 30 days or less, but they require new finger prints every 5 years. I didn't know your fingerprints can change.

Either way, it’s absolutely ridiculous in both states, at least NJ wasn’t as over the top with magazine restrictions and goofy modifications to rifles, at least until very recently.

I just saw this story today about NYC:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/ny_post_nypd_gun_license_division_was_a_bribery_machine