PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Coolers dropping the NRA

Grand58742
04-22-18, 11:22
Oh Yeti, you done messed up. Nothing says "real bad business decision" like pissing off the demographic that made you popular.

NRA-ILA | Florida Alert: YETI Drops NRA Foundation (https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation)

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy outdoor recreational and educational programs.

Swstock
04-22-18, 11:46
Glad I never jumped on the Yeti bandwagon.

SeriousStudent
04-22-18, 12:44
Stop bitching at each other.

Discuss the Yeti coolers or bow out.

Sam
04-22-18, 12:56
I own two Yeti products, I paid for neither one, they were gifts from clients.

I own two non yeti products from Walmart (Ozark Trail), pretty much equal in performance. Each of those Walmart copies cost 75% less than the over priced yeti. I tested the two products side by side with equal number of ice cubes in each cup. They all melted at pretty much the same rate.

The NRA should negotiate a deal with the competitor.

Defaultmp3
04-22-18, 13:20
Oh Yeti, you done messed up. Nothing says "real bad business decision" like pissing off the demographic that made you popular.I'm not sure that's the case at all, since it seems to me that it was the hipster demographic that popularized Yeti. Hunters and actual outdoorsmen may have been the original target demo, but these days, Yeti seems to be primarily a status symbol luxury good.

skywalkrNCSU
04-22-18, 13:45
I don’t really understand why anyone cares, there are plenty of companies that aren’t NRA sponsors but I don’t hear people crying about them. If they come out with anti gun rhetoric then you have something to complain about but this doesn’t change any opinion I have of the company. What I do know is when Hurricane Harvey hit they ran a promotion that sent 100% of the days sales (not profits, total sales) to the relief fund and that’s when I bought my big Yeti. Seems like good people to me.

Grand58742
04-22-18, 13:54
I'm not sure that's the case at all, since it seems to me that it was the hipster demographic that popularized Yeti. Hunters and actual outdoorsmen may have been the original target demo, but these days, Yeti seems to be primarily a status symbol luxury good.

I know far more people who are pro-2A that buy Yeti (possibly as the "in" thing to do as well) because of the rugged construction and ability for long term cold storage than the hipster crowd that buys them for a status symbol. I agree it's kind of like buying an Escalade or BMW, but for real use? Outdoorsmen and women tend to use them.

It's easy to buy the sticker and slap in on your bumper. Little harder to buy the cooler that goes along with it. Point being is the loss of sales from the outdoors crowd will not be made up by the social justice mob that cheers them on. They won't go buy a Yeti cooler to support them. They'll cheer all day long on Facebook or Twitter and forget about it when Yeti starts to falter because Wally World or RTIC or Orca pick up the slack at significantly reduced prices.

Boba Fett v2
04-22-18, 14:48
I own two Yeti products, I paid for neither one, they were gifts from clients.

I own two non yeti products from Walmart (Ozark Trail), pretty much equal in performance. Each of those Walmart copies cost 75% less than the over priced yeti. I tested the two products side by side with equal number of ice cubes in each cup. They all melted at pretty much the same rate.

The NRA should negotiate a deal with the competitor.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

THCDDM4
04-22-18, 15:52
I'm not sure that's the case at all, since it seems to me that it was the hipster demographic that popularized Yeti. Hunters and actual outdoorsmen may have been the original target demo, but these days, Yeti seems to be primarily a status symbol luxury good.

The hipster crowd is more of a tumbler and small day cooler purchase group, not a Tundra 350 purchase group.

Hunters and outdoorsman are buying the big boys.

This will likely hurt them.

horseman234
04-22-18, 16:19
We should care because they now refuse to sell products to the NRA Foundation while continuing to sell products to other organizations. This is blatant discrimination based on the NRA advocating for the second amendment. While I have one Yeti cooler and one tumbler which were gifts, I will not be buying Yeti products in the future.

Pilot1
04-22-18, 16:24
We should care because they now refuse to sell products to the NRA Foundation while continuing to sell products to other organizations. This is blatant discrimination based on the NRA advocating for the second amendment. While I have one Yeti cooler and one tumbler which were gifts, I will not be buying Yeti products in the future.

Also, today, many if not most larger corporations are led by liberal/progressive, PC loving Democrats. So, we see some of the large banks, and others not lending, nor selling to gun manufacturers, gun shops, etc. We are being squeezed by corporate American like the Mob would squeeze their competition, and enemies. We are facing less choices of those in which we can do business.

usmcvet
04-22-18, 16:53
I've never owned one of their products. I couldn't swlow the price tag. They're on display at a local clothing store that caters to hunters. I'll bring it up to the owner next time I see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal4l
04-22-18, 17:52
I wanted to purchase a Yeti cooler for a while. Never wanted to part with the cash though. It seems there are plenty of decent alternatives.

http://bestcooler.reviews/coolers-like-yeti-but-cheaper/

Wake27
04-22-18, 18:45
Rtic Coolers just posted a picture of the Second Amendment of Instagram.

Defaultmp3
04-22-18, 19:16
The hipster crowd is more of a tumbler and small day cooler purchase group, not a Tundra 350 purchase group.

Hunters and outdoorsman are buying the big boys.

This will likely hurt them.I wouldn't know about the hunters/outdoorsman part, since I don't really hang out with that crowd, but IME, I've seen a lot more hipsters/suburbanites than first responders that will shell out for the larger coolers (despite using them like normal coolers, with constant openings and closings at outdoor events that are like 10 feet from the car, which defeats the whole advantage of a rotomolded cooler).

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-22-18, 19:40
I shall continue in my habit of not buying overpriced coolers.

usmcvet
04-22-18, 19:42
Rtic Coolers just posted a picture of the Second Amendment of Instagram.

Outstanding! That solves it. I gave several of their water bottles for gifts last Christmas.

Vgex2
04-22-18, 19:52
I've never purchased a Yeti product, as I have satisfied with my Rtic and Ozark Trails knockoffs. While this move couldn't effect my purchasing of their product, I can't say I will ever recommend them.

usmcvet
04-22-18, 19:56
Rtic is selling American made gun cases.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/hard-cases/RTIC-53--Shotgun-Rifle-Waterproof-Carrying-Case-Black

I saw these on Esty. I'm getting the Panda!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/5666f952a3436fa00dbd3c306dd33051.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/780adca9590a4e8affd2cd3571aaee10.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/f590751a96830c9d7f123b40826e2579.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/b74c8998790fd38481611704e9cd1832.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/e76bea5cea2b9207b276d3bd6f1b9026.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/376885f5a855e524529c5e078c8c9367.jpg

FlyingHunter
04-22-18, 20:04
Even on the melt the pavement days here in the deep South...I've always been well served with a basic Walmart level cooler and large bag of ice. Yes, I did shoot whitetail with my big game rifle once, a .338 Win. Mag. but like a Yeti cooler, it's completely unnecessary. My .308 and my basic cooler serve me well. Sticking together with those who support freedom. I vote with my purchasing power. Not flying Delta, not buying a Yeti...

flenna
04-22-18, 20:46

I am with you. I bought a new Coleman Xtreme 100 quart cooler at a flea market for 30 bucks. It has kept ice for as long as I have ever needed it to. For shorter around the house duty I have two Coleman Cube coolers I picked up for a total of $20.

hotrodder636
04-22-18, 21:40
I will continue to buy Igloo and Coleman if I need another cooler. Right now I think I am up to 4 of various sizes.

I did win a Pelican cooler from work. Pretty nice but wish it was the model with wheels...

Honu
04-22-18, 22:04
I own a RTIC

awesome cooler lasts way longer than any coleman including extreme etc.. by a good amount works better and cheaper than a yeti by a good amount well worth it

for camping 3 days works well otherwise a ARB fridge :)

AKDoug
04-23-18, 00:27
I was an FNRA chairman for the last five years. Yeti never ceased pissing me off. They would offer to all the committees in the Lower 48, but wouldn't ship to Alaska. No big deal, lots of FNRA vendors won't ship to AK, but I always work out a deal with them. So I contacted YETI to see if they'd ship a pallet of coolers to Seattle and I would cover the freight for other. Alaskan FNRA committees.. No bueno.. they would not even consider it.. I was pretty much in WTF mode on the phone. You'll cover shipping to the Seattle FNRA committee, but you won't ship to a warehouse in Seattle? Nope, sorry sir, and they hung up. Rinse, repeat, for five years. This action doesn't surprise me.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-18, 00:52
I was an FNRA chairman for the last five years. Yeti never ceased pissing me off. They would offer to all the committees in the Lower 48, but wouldn't ship to Alaska. No big deal, lots of FNRA vendors won't ship to AK, but I always work out a deal with them. So I contacted YETI to see if they'd ship a pallet of coolers to Seattle and I would cover the freight for other. Alaskan FNRA committees.. No bueno.. they would not even consider it.. I was pretty much in WTF mode on the phone. You'll cover shipping to the Seattle FNRA committee, but you won't ship to a warehouse in Seattle? Nope, sorry sir, and they hung up. Rinse, repeat, for five years. This action doesn't surprise me.

Of course they didn't. Who needs a cooler in Alaska? ;)

JulyAZ
04-23-18, 16:53
Anyone care to read Yeti’s official response? Given the track record of the NRA lately I’m surprised anyone would blindly follow them without question.

I’ll keep my Yeti’s.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/84ee2d739ae92a34f6875bd883e69e1f.jpg

Arik
04-23-18, 17:41
Statement or not I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a cooler.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JulyAZ
04-23-18, 17:42

Neither can I, but I love my tumbler.

C-grunt
04-23-18, 18:42
I saw a statement from the CEO of some sort of hunting foundation today on Facebook. He said they got the same letter from Yeti that the NRA got. He said that the letter was very poorly written and could easily be construed as being targeted at a single specific organization.

Honu
04-23-18, 19:02

ditto

skywalkrNCSU
04-23-18, 22:03
Anyone care to read Yeti’s official response? Given the track record of the NRA lately I’m surprised anyone would blindly follow them without question.

I’ll keep my Yeti’s.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180423/84ee2d739ae92a34f6875bd883e69e1f.jpg

Would you look at that, I’m shocked that a bunch of right wing snowflakes got their panties in a twist over a perceived slight that never was

AKDoug
04-23-18, 22:16
This whole mess originated with Marion Hammer.. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180421/florida-alert-yeti-drops-nra-foundation She represents everything that is wrong with the NRA board today.

Despite my last comment on this subject, which I will leave unedited, I think Yeti might be in the right on this one. As noted earlier, I have knowledge of the FNRA process, and as such I know that many manufacturers drop out of supplying the NRA Foundation (FNRA). It is always a business decision. I could list a dozen companies that used to supply us, but now don't. All those companies still support the 2nd Amendment. The NRA ILA pulled a bullshit move posting that letter on a Saturday. I have no idea how big of a company YETI is, but I bet they had zero clue they were going to get blindsided like this and their social media person was probably enjoying a nice day off.

I started the day pissed at YETI, and ended the day pissed at Marion Hammer and the NRA. I would love to see YETI's official notification to the NRA (and the other 300 groups they gave deals to).. that would clear up a bunch of this.

26 Inf
04-23-18, 22:54
Would you look at that, I’m shocked that a bunch of right wing snowflakes got their panties in a twist over a perceived slight that never was

I'm with you most of the time, but not this one. Read the NRA ILA Florida Alert. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is unreasonable that this alert, combined with all the other businesses dropping the NRA, would cause NRA member to get worked up.

Once YETI's response is circulated I'm sure we shall see a more appropriate stance from most members.

BTW: If it wasn't for Christmas or Birthdays I wouldn't have anything YETI. I think it is sad, or maybe an indicator of my worth to friends and family, that no one has bought me a cooler.

horseman234
04-24-18, 06:18
Yeti may also be trying to backtrack. The backlash to their letter to the NRA has been very strong on social media, especially Twitter. In addition Yeti's competitors are making the most of the situation:

http://sellingthesecondamendment.com/pelican-coolers-loves-nra/

pinzgauer
04-24-18, 07:57
Very easy for yeti to clean this up...

Just come out with a position that they support the 2nd and the work of the NRA.

The 1st item should be easy. The NRA item might be more contentious.

Given other entities have indicated it would be easy to interpret the Yeti letter as a removal of support, I'm not ready to give yeti a pass. Nor do I think they have to swear allegence to be the NRA, but it would really clear things up.

Remember, the NRA did not initiate this, yeti did with a letter. Given timing and recent events, it's not unreasonable to doubt yeti's intent/motives.

I'll support the company that leaves no ambiguity on where they stand.

skywalkrNCSU
04-24-18, 08:25
I'm with you most of the time, but not this one. Read the NRA ILA Florida Alert. I'm sorry, but I don't think it is unreasonable that this alert, combined with all the other businesses dropping the NRA, would cause NRA member to get worked up.

Once YETI's response is circulated I'm sure we shall see a more appropriate stance from most members.

BTW: If it wasn't for Christmas or Birthdays I wouldn't have anything YETI. I think it is sad, or maybe an indicator of my worth to friends and family, that no one has bought me a cooler.

I disagree, the way the NRA responded was childish and something I would expect out of a liberal group that found out someone accidentally used the wrong pronoun. Instead of clarifying the issue, which would have lead to an understanding that this was not targeting the NRA and that Yeti was offering an alternative to what they previously offered, they decided to cry for attention that the poor NRA has been attacked by gun hating cool beverage enthusiasts. Then you have the mouth breathing morons blowing up $500 coolers, probably the dumbest of all of the reactions.

This immediate backlash culture that we live in where we must feel outraged before finding out all the facts is maddening and it is exactly what is described when someone is called a snowflake and the NRA, along with the people who participated in the outrage, are guilty of that now. The NRA is who chose to mischaracterize and sensationalize what really amounts to a non story and that is pathetic to me.

Also, like you my Yeti tumbler was a gift but I did purchase the Tundra 105 cooler back when they ran a promotion where 100% of the sales went to Hurricane Harvey victims. Normally I would have bought a cheaper one but I liked how they were doing something for their community.

skywalkrNCSU
04-24-18, 08:30
Very easy for yeti to clean this up...

Just come out with a position that they support the 2nd and the work of the NRA.

The 1st item should be easy. The NRA item might be more contentious.

Given other entities have indicated it would be easy to interpret the Yeti letter as a removal of support, I'm not ready to give yeti a pass. Nor do I think they have to swear allegence to be the NRA, but it would really clear things up.

Remember, the NRA did not initiate this, yeti did with a letter. Given timing and recent events, it's not unreasonable to doubt yeti's intent/motives.

I'll support the company that leaves no ambiguity on where they stand.

Yeti did not initiate this at all, they sent a letter that the NRA mischaracterized, sensationalized, and made public in an attempt to get attention without clarifying with Yeti first. Also, their official statement says very clearly that they are offering an alternative program for the NRA foundation and this was explained in the initial statement. Finally, in the official statement they plainly stated that they are “unwavering in our belief and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

horseman234
04-24-18, 09:19
Without seeing the actual letter that was sent, it is hard to evaluate whether it was reasonable for the NRA to assume that they were being singled out. I will agree that the NRA is in error if they were offered an alternative program.

SomeOtherGuy
04-24-18, 09:23
There's far too much stupidity going around these days.

After all the February idiocy, it's quite easy to make people think that anything touching on the NRA is a political statement. And it appears that the NRA exploited that mindset here for their selfish purposes.

I have zero issue with any company adding/dropping a membership discount for purely commercial reasons. But if they do it as a political F-you, I will remember names.

It looks like Yeti has come out clearly as supporting 2A, this makes the NRA look pretty dumb. I don't think Yeti needs to do any more. If they choose to do any more, I'd suggest they provide a discount to members of GOA or some other non-NRA group, I don't see why they would want to do anything to help the NRA out if their side of the story is accurate. But I won't hold it against Yeti if they exactly nothing further on this topic.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-24-18, 12:42
Do these people talk? it seems to me, that in light of the attacks on NRAs business network, that someone at YETI could pick up the phone and give a heads up? The reverse is true. Did the NRA just go off the letter and not do a WTF call to YETI? Especially right after the Waffle House attack, I could see the NRA thinking that this was the start of the next wave of diss-es.

The NRA may be dumbasses and YETI may be backtracking. Both may be in the wrong, or at least not in the right- and definitely tone deaf.

TomMcC
04-25-18, 02:34
MMMMMM...somebody is spinning, but I'm not quite sure who it is.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/24/former-nra-president-doubles-yeti-demanded-nra-cease-using-cooler-company-logo/

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-25-18, 07:47
Saying "I support the Second Amendment" to defend yourself against being a gun grabber is the left's version of the "I have black friends" defense after being called a racist. It kind of rings hollow. Nancy Pelosi says she supports the 2A.

That lady needs to put up or shut up in regards to emails and letters.

skywalkrNCSU
04-25-18, 08:27
Saying "I support the Second Amendment" to defend yourself against being a gun grabber is the left's version of the "I have black friends" defense after being called a racist. It kind of rings hollow. Nancy Pelosi says she supports the 2A.

That lady needs to put up or shut up in regards to emails and letters.

It’s a cooler company. Do you look towards your cooler and tumbler makers for guidance on leading the charge for gun rights? The fact that they say anything about supporting the second amendment is far more than they need to do. The NRA sounds like a “nice guy” that misinterpreted what some girl said as flirting and is now going scorched earth, it’s petty and pathetic.

Big A
04-25-18, 11:19
RTIC is having a big sale right now, up to 60% off. They are also making cases to compete with Pelican

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

ETA: You can buy from them through Amazon at the sale prices right now too. That way if you don't want to put your CC info out there any more than necessary.

Whiskey_Bravo
04-25-18, 12:12
RTIC is having a big sale right now, up to 60% off. They are also making cases to compete with Pelican

ETA: You can buy from them through Amazon at the sale prices right now too. That way if you don't want to put your CC info out there any more than necessary.

Thank you for the heads up. I need a good soft bag style cooler. The 30 looks like a good size.

Honu
04-25-18, 15:26

the cases have nice looking wheels :) hoping they make larger ones someday

AKDoug
04-25-18, 15:39
YETI offered discounts to the NRA Foundation, the non-profit, non-political arm of the NRA. As such they could write off a portion since the Foundation is a 501c3

YETI declined to make custom labeled coolers for the NRA-ILA, the political action arm of the NRA, sighting a policy of not making any custom coolers for political groups from 2016. To date YETI has denied over 50 groups.

Coolers were still available to the Foundation.

Marion Hammer is full of shit and I can’t imagine how other vendors to the NRA feel right now. Vendors come and go because it’s a business decision. Now they are , in effect, being held hostage by Hammer.

TomMcC
04-25-18, 16:18
Hammer's saying Yeti bailed because of what happen in Parkland and other places, so either she's lying or.....

Whiskey_Bravo
04-25-18, 16:32
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/24/former-nra-president-doubles-yeti-demanded-nra-cease-using-cooler-company-logo/

Either the former NRA president is lying or Yeti is.

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

AKDoug
04-25-18, 20:35

Either the former NRA president is lying or Yeti is.

She’s not telling the whole truth. I have a copy of the letter sent to dealers by YETI spelling out the same stuff I posted earlier. I just got off an airplane in D.C. so it’ll be a while before I can post it.

AKDoug
04-25-18, 20:48
Well, stuck waiting for my ride. I’m going to try this with my phone.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180426/05f40cc530b075d3387791ba2f345b68.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180426/ae64ef20bcfd3f16a26acf9fd43d818b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180426/ca9c7b83a563a0cf9d8a56366eb6e312.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180426/06df88ee3cd465359cbb77f4b3012c4c.jpg

AKDoug
04-25-18, 20:50
I do not have copies of their communications with the NRA that are noted.

pinzgauer
04-25-18, 22:51
MMMMMM...somebody is spinning, but I'm not quite sure who it is.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/24/former-nra-president-doubles-yeti-demanded-nra-cease-using-cooler-company-logo/No kidding... Hard to imagine stating this publicly if it did not occur:

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

pinzgauer
04-25-18, 22:58
I repspect their (yeti) position on not allowing their logo to be used in association with political groups if it is applied universally. Which they claim.

At the same time, the timing is very conspicuous. And they should have known that.

Perception is reality in this type of thing. Yeti had to know this could be misconstrued.

Big A
04-26-18, 09:07
NRA vs. YETI: Pelican donating $10 per cooler to NRA; RTIC, ORCA offer deals:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/nra_vs_yeti_pelican_donating_1.html

WillBrink
04-26-18, 09:15
Well, stuck waiting for my ride. I’m going to try this with my phone.

I stopped reading at the first point where they confuse the 2A as having anything to do with hunting. F em.

skywalkrNCSU
04-26-18, 09:31
I stopped reading at the first point where they confuse the 2A as having anything to do with hunting. F em.

Are you that dense? They are saying they have always supported hunters, anglers, and the outdoors community because they make products specifically for those markets. Then they say they are unwavering in their support for the constitution and the second amendment. Are they confusing the constitution with fishing now? Is the freedom of speech targeted to deep sea fishermen only in their eyes? Take a second and think about what this company does and who that email was directed to along with the NRA’s response. In the NRA’s first message they literally said, “They have declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Will, I think you are an intelligent guy, maybe stop and think about this one for a few seconds before acting like Yeti pissed in your Cheerios.

The level of idiocy that some gun owners/the NRA are having towards this is staggering and that isn’t even including the mouth breathing morons who blew up their overpriced coolers they already paid for because they are so sensitive they can’t handle a non-issue.

SomeOtherGuy
04-26-18, 09:44
I repspect their (yeti) position on not allowing their logo to be used in association with political groups if it is applied universally. Which they claim.

I agree. They probably wouldn't want their coolers factory-branded with NOW, Planned Parenthood or PETA either.

At the same time, the timing is very conspicuous. And they should have known that.
Perception is reality in this type of thing. Yeti had to know this could be misconstrued.

Business goes on, and there's been some awful shooting in the news every few months for a while, with the anti's always trying to get their shills in. When exactly would the right time be?

At this point Yeti and NRA have outlined detailed and contradictory claims. One of them probably has a business defamation claim against the other. Although I've been an NRA member for decades, it hasn't been enthusiastically or all that trusting - they ALWAYS say the end is near, the ALWAYS need more money, they ALWAYS have some boogie-man to try and scare people with. And then they seem to do some backroom deal that actually stiffs their members, while pretending it's some great thing. My 2A lobbying contributions are now going to GOA, which is somewhat guilty of the same scare tactics but at least doesn't seem willing to sell out in backroom deals.

Adrenaline_6
04-26-18, 09:54
You would think that whoever is lying would quickly be eating crow with some written proof to the contrary. Something like this will have written documentation of some kind to back it up. This long and both side are not showing anything. Weird.

WillBrink
04-26-18, 10:46
Are you that dense? They are saying they have always supported hunters, anglers, and the outdoors community because they make products specifically for those markets. Then they say they are unwavering in their support for the constitution and the second amendment. Are they confusing the constitution with fishing now?

We see the hunting and 2A as some how related and interchangeable all the time, and that's how it reads. If that's not their intent, some improved wording may be in order for the many people out there who get irritated fast when they see the what, on the surface, appears the classic connecting of hunting and outdoor like to the 2A. Obviously the move by Yeti is connected to the recent fluff up vs coincidence of policy, and that's what's irking people.

skywalkrNCSU
04-26-18, 11:01
We see the hunting and 2A as some how related and interchangeable all the time, and that's how it reads. If that's not their intent, some improved wording may be in order for the many people out there who get irritated fast when they see the what, on the surface, appears the classic connecting of hunting and outdoor like to the 2A. Obviously the move by Yeti is connected to the recent fluff up vs coincidence of policy, and that's what's irking people.

That’s how it reads to you because that’s how you want it to read. It also mentions anglers which has nothing to do with firearms so I’m not sure how that statement conflates hunting and the 2A as interchangeable. I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent. Also, it is not obvious that this is connected to a recent “fluff up” since nothing in the way Yeti has described things indicates such and their statement sounds rather rational and not targeting the NRA yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.

Out of the statements released by these two groups, one appears professional and the other appears like that of a petulant child. This type of reaction by the NRA and some of its members is downright embarrassing and not the image we should strive for as gun owners.

WillBrink
04-26-18, 11:29
That’s how it reads to you because that’s how you want it to read. It also mentions anglers which has nothing to do with firearms so I’m not sure how that statement conflates hunting and the 2A as interchangeable. I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent. Also, it is not obvious that this is connected to a recent “fluff up” since nothing in the way Yeti has described things indicates such and their statement sounds rather rational and not targeting the NRA yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.

Out of the statements released by these two groups, one appears professional and the other appears like that of a petulant child. This type of reaction by the NRA and some of its members is downright embarrassing and not the image we should strive for as gun owners.

We are all pre conditioned to see what we expect to see based on prior experiences, so yes, that's true. I do a generally good job of not allowing first response/impression to lead my responses. I'm not personally "offended" by any of it, would not throw out a cooler, etc, so maybe it's you doing the projecting here. I stand by the fact this move on their part is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe. Yes, the NRA likes to play the victim, but that too is easy to do when you are in fact usually the victim and the NRA is being blamed for virtually everything happening out there. Still waiting for someone to blame the NRA for the van event in Canada.

skywalkrNCSU
04-26-18, 11:32
We are all pre conditioned to see what we expect to see based on prior experiences, so yes, that's true. I do a generally good job of not allowing first response/impression to lead my responses. I'm not personally "offended" by any of it, would not throw out a cooler, etc, so maybe it's you doing the projecting here. I stand by the fact this move on their part is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe. Yes, the NRA likes to play the victim, but that too is easy to do when you are in fact usually the victim and the NRA is being blamed for virtually everything happening out there. Still waiting for someone to blame the NRA for the van event in Canada.

I mean, you literally responded to this thread with:

WillBrink
04-26-18, 11:50
I mean, you literally responded to this thread with:

Because how it reads to anyone seeing the common mistake of equating hunting with the 2A, that's how it reads if one (see comment on pre conditioning...) one reads it. I may be wrong, but to repeat, " ...is not coincidental to recent events, and they decided to play it safe."

Todd.K
04-26-18, 13:00
I don’t understand why people want to be offended so badly that they always assume the worst intent....

yet that’s how the NRA wanted to play it as they love being the victim.

I'm waiting for both to further clarify what happened before making up my mind. You are free to assume the worst intent.

The NRA should have released more details, and probably after getting a bit more clarity from Yeti.

But Yeti did not clearly refute the points made below by saying they will still ship to the foundation.

"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

WillBrink
04-26-18, 13:17
"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

To which Yeti went into full back peddle mode after they received some heat. To repeat, f em.

26 Inf
04-26-18, 13:39
To which Yeti went into full back peddle mode after they received some heat. To repeat, f em.

It was a private business decision. YETI did not take to the airways, the NRA did.

Did YETI virtue signal by saying anything publicly about how they 'dropped their relationship with the NRA, based on the incident in Parkland FLorida, which struck at the very fabric of the SJW's who, in reality, make up most of our customer base....'

Look at it from that perspective - how many other businesses have made it very clear they are not selling those evil black rifles anymore, or that they have severed business ties with the NRA?

But YETI didn't do that. And that would have made more business sense, considering the demographics of those who purchase the bulk of YETI products.

YETI's claims about order fulfillment, etc. should be very easy to verify. IMO, the NRA, specifically Marion Hammer, is hollering 'Wolf!' once to often on this deal.

And as for your complaint regarding confusing 2A with hunting - do you think that Orca, Pelican, and RTIC are all about the people of the militia, or about virtue signalling for sales? I don't know, but ORCA doesn't indicate they get it either:

Message from our owner:

Good Afternoon ORCA Nation,

We’ve gotten a lot of questions about ORCA’s stance on the 2nd Amendment, so I wanted to set the record straight. I often think bigger companies forget what got them there. ORCA will always support our 2nd Amendment rights- period. Our roots have always been with the outdoor industry - hunting, fishing, camping and enjoying our tailgates at sporting events. Our coolers are Made In The USA and we’re very proud of that. Rest assured, we will continue to support our customers, our constitution and our great country.

I see a lot of folks who say they support the 1st, 2nd, and 4th, in particular, who don't have a frickin' clue.

Todd.K
04-27-18, 09:30
IMO, the NRA, specifically Marion Hammer, is hollering 'Wolf!' once to often on this deal.
That may be true. Or Yeti tried to sit on the fence and hoped nobody would see them up there.

YETI's claims about order fulfillment, etc. should be very easy to verify.
Sure, but what are you going to do with them if this is true?

"demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material"

I guess the NRA could still sell them in all their B&M stores...

platoonDaddy
05-01-18, 20:34
We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Todd.K
05-04-18, 17:58
Was Yeti at the NRA Convention?

If not have they gone before?

Moose-Knuckle
05-04-18, 18:50
I like Shiti cooler's business model.

Basically slap a parody sticker on your old beat up ugly ass Igloo and Coleman coolers and Voilà you have a vintage Gucci boutique brand.

https://www.shiticoolers.com/

SeriousStudent
05-04-18, 19:04
I like Shiti cooler's business model.

Basically slap a parody sticker on your old beat up ugly ass Igloo and Coleman coolers and Voilà you have a vintage Gucci boutique brand.

https://www.shiticoolers.com/

Okay, that's funny. I'm going to head over to the local Starvation Army store and find a beat-up metal Coleman for one of those stickers. :cool:

Moose-Knuckle
05-04-18, 19:06
Okay, that's funny. I'm going to head over to the local Starvation Army store and find a beat-up metal Coleman for one of those stickers. :cool:

When I found these guys I asked my dad if I could have his old rusted beat up green metal Coleman for the very same thing. Had to dig for it out in his pole barn but it was worth it.

NSFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYSjNQghYA

titsonritz
05-07-18, 12:51

Exactly where I stand.

Back in the day assholes would steal your cooler for the beer, now they're just after that $400 cooler. No thanks.