PDA

View Full Version : WWSD Knock off build

Berd
04-23-18, 03:39
Having handled the WWSD rifles from the InRange TV project, I knew I wanted to build one of my own. Finally got it together and shot it in a 2 gun match Saturday.

Goal was to build a rifle similar to those in the project. I wanted a nice, lightweight, ambidextrous rifle primarily for matches and also to use in classes.

https://image.ibb.co/kTzquH/KIMG0825.jpg

Upper parts:
Aero Precision forward assistless upper
Geiselle ACH
Adams Arms BCG
Faxon 16 inch pencil midlength and gas block
Isler Custom Gun Works carbon fiber handguard
Streamlight rail mount 2 in a Proctor PLMD
Vortex Crossfire red dot

Lower
GWACS Cav 15
KE arms SLT-1 and ambi 45 degree safety
Norgon ambi mag release
PDQ ambi bolt catch
JP Enterprise captured buffer spring assembly, H2 weight

Sling is a Redwire Gear CS mounted with some paracord

Rifle runs great and handles awesome. This is my first rifle with an ambi mag release and ambi bolt catch. Despite being a lefty, I never really sought these features out. But after using them I can appreciate having them.

Weighed in at 5.9lbs on my Harbor Freight scale.

Hammer_Man
05-11-18, 20:37
I watched most of the series on their builds, and I have to applaud their out of the box thinking. Personally I don't think I'm going to build a polymer lower until more feedback is available, to either prove or disprove their durability. At 5.9 lbs. I bet it handles quite nicely.

titsonritz
05-11-18, 21:09
This is my first rifle with an ambi mag release and ambi bolt catch. Despite being a lefty, I never really sought these features out. But after using them I can appreciate having them.

In that case, check out Forward Controls Design.

titsonritz
05-11-18, 21:13
Personally I don't think I'm going to build a polymer lower until more feedback is available, to either prove or disprove their durability.

This lower was previously a CavArms release, if there is a proven polymer lower, this is it. IMO the integral stock is a way better setup than trying to install a standard RE on a polymer lower.

JediGuy
01-06-24, 19:06
I am bumping this in case OP can provide feedback on his Isler handguard five years later…

titsonritz
01-07-24, 02:34
I am bumping this in case OP can provide feedback on his Isler handguard five years later…

Last time OP was around was 4/19/20 so I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a response.

JediGuy
01-07-24, 05:24
Last time OP was around was 4/19/20 so I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a response.

Well, I suppose I could have checked that. Whoops.

HKGuns
01-07-24, 10:53
Well, I suppose I could have checked that. Whoops.

He probably sold it anyway after finding out Karl was a full blown Communist. :)