PDA

View Full Version : Superior WI: Husky Refinery Explosions

HeruMew
04-26-18, 16:54
I am within 10 miles by bird of this fire/explosion.

Getting crazy out there, senators and high profile officials are fleeing the city.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/explosion-rocks-wisconsin-refinery-hurt-54751571

An explosion rocked a refinery in northwestern Wisconsin on Thursday, injuring at least 11 people, forcing the evacuation of homes, schools and a hospital, and sending a plume of noxious smoke billowing into the air.

Authorities said a tank of crude oil or asphalt exploded at the Husky Energy oil refinery in Superior, a city of about 27,000 that borders Minnesota and the westernmost tip of Lake Superior. That prompted them to order the evacuation of a three-mile (five-kilometer) radius around the refinery, as well as a 10 mile (16 kilometer) corridor south of it where the smoke was heading.

Allen
04-26-18, 20:44
http://www.wdio.com/news/superior-refinery-fire-emergency-/4882232/

Fire out according to the news as of 6:45 PM

Al

HeruMew
04-26-18, 22:19
Looks like they're monitoring a small blaze still going.

Evacuation is being upheld until tomorrow when a better idea is had of the remaining risk.

They claim to have a good control of it, no fatalities as of now that I have seen.

Good job to all local LEO and Firefighters on scene.

LMT Shooter
04-27-18, 11:01
Glad there are no fatalities. I've been through Superoir/Duluth several times, and stayed there once or twice overnight. It felt like a really nice place with good folks.

HeruMew
04-27-18, 11:16
Glad there are no fatalities. I've been through Superoir/Duluth several times, and stayed there once or twice overnight. It felt like a really nice place with good folks.

It was very humbling seeing all the friends and families that came together with out sister cities and made sure to help keep people safe and with a roof over their heads.

Sounds like the plant was down for routine maintenance, most of the workers were on break.

Truly miraculous.