PDA

View Full Version : humor: Chinese company trying to get me to sell Surefire knockoffs

chadbag
10-22-08, 01:18
I periodically get these emails from a Chinese company that makes their own weapons mounted lights. They are not direct clones of Surefire but are greatly inspired by them. I got tired of them bugging me about this (granted it is not that often but this is like the 5th or 6th time they have emailed me about it).

This was their email. It had some red parts and bigger characters and bold, which I do not reproduce here, but this is a cut and paste otherwise. My response that I emailed back to them follows after it.

---

Dear Sir /madam,
We are confident to introduce to your company,We are Successful luanch over 225 lumen LED Rico Alpha-9 vertical Foregirp weaponlight.
The Alpha-9 can launch over 225 lumen at over 125 meters range blinding power beam.

Run time 60mins . and with the navigator light 20 lumen.

We got a Law Enforcement Reveiw By Police Policy Studies Coucil, Mr Thmas J.Aveni. Who's written a Product reveiw compare Our light To Surefire M900.

In nationally distributed police periodical for Whole US Law Enforcement Agencies.

Mr Aveni Consdier Rico ALpha-9 Has same Quality and Function and then sell very reasonable pring in the market..

He has recomand his over 45,000 Members Select our Alpha-9 for the Weaponlight.we have attach he reveiw and leaflet . pleace check the attachment file.

South Carolina Lexington County sheriff SWAT already Select Alpha-9 as
their rifle team formal Weaponlight for the AR-15s and The Agencies continues place order now!!

Nowaday US economy Tanking. That is good chance for most of Agencies don't want purchase High pricing Equipement so.
we wish we have chance can discuss business .

We are looking for any good New from you.

Best regards
Rico Lam
President

Southern Industrial Trading Co .
www.ricotactics.com

-----

Hi

Sorry, but I don't put Chinese crap on my rifle and do not sell Chinese crap for American rifles. Take your Chinese crap and stick it on Chinese rifles.

Oh, I forgot, citizens cannot own firearms in China. Well, too bad. Guess you don't have a market then.

Chad

ZDL
10-22-08, 01:29
You would think they could get a good translator. That being said. The surefire foregrip/weapon light combo. Is it worth $600? I can justify A LOT when it comes to firearms but I haven't heard enough on this particular item to make a judgment call on it.

chadbag
10-22-08, 01:37
Here is their response:

---------

I:m Sorry to tell you We sell hundred pcs to US SWAT , PLease

CHeck the attachment file. and then nowaday Your country economy tanking . how many over 300.00 USD lights can move?

But i just win the LE contract . anyway if you want get some moeny you can conatct me.

----------

my response

----
As I explained, I do not put Chinese crap on my rifle and I do not sell Chinese crap for American rifles. With the "US economy tanking" as you claim, we need to keep as many US Dollars inside the US as possible putting Americans to work and developing the American economy.

Work on political change in your own country so that you have a better market for this product. Work on getting true freedom in your own country where your own fellow citizens can own firearms.

----

here is another response to my original answer

--
Hi Chad,
I like You. I think after you know your Police dept purchase our lights as the SWAT team equipement. what do you think?

Yes Our China cannot allow people own gun. but my market for world wide. i sell to middle east . European countries, Canada. etc..................

----

I don't know if the Surefire piece is worth $600. Each person must answer that question for himself. If you go in harms way for a living, $600 is probably not a lot to pay for quality gear. For a "hobbyist" like most of us, it may or may not be.

But I am still not putting Chinese crap on my rifle and won't sell Chinese crap for others to put on their rifles either.

Btw, these Chinese ones are not inexpensive -- he says $300 above. They've gone up since they first contacted me a couple years ago.

A friend of mine who sells into LE and gov units had one of their earlier models a couple years ago for T&E. It was a reasonable unit but still -- made in China / sold by a Chinese company -- no thanks. (I know that US companies build stuff there as well -- in some cases that alone will disqualify it -- that is another whole discussion)

Magsz
10-22-08, 14:58
Your replies are priceless lol.

karmapolice
10-22-08, 15:14
I hate those guys, I had to talk on the phone with the guy or one of the guys one time. I was ready to jump through the phone and rip his throat out.

Knownot
10-22-08, 15:46
Deer Mr. Lam

Am your frash rite wata proof? I are enterested in brying sum to mount on my imported POS SKS rifle. I need a frash rite to see whata frock rong wif it!

Frock Yoo Veddy Much!
:D

Shotdown
10-22-08, 15:59
LOL. They don't give up do they.

Heavy Metal
10-22-08, 19:26
If our economy tanks, his is going to be the leech field.

mmike87
10-22-08, 21:02
Amen. We have Chinese crap EVERYWHERE these days ... the last place in my house that is sacred is on my rifles.