PDA

View Full Version : Taurus to open Georgia factory

Slater
04-28-18, 12:31
Wonder if the QC will be any better?:

"Taurus USA will build a new 200,000-square-foot facility in Decatur County with 180,000 square feet of space for manufacturing and 20,000 square feet of administrative space. New jobs will include skilled labor positions, administrative personnel, customer service representatives and management teams. Construction will begin in September 2018."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/25/taurus-usa-to-create-300-jobs-in-georgia/

Det-Sog
04-28-18, 12:42
But it's still going to be a Taurus.

C-grunt
04-28-18, 14:09
If their QC improves I MIGHT be interested in some of their revolvers.

Sam
04-28-18, 14:31

You got that right. That place is in in the south GA boondocks. LOL.

RazorBurn
04-28-18, 14:50
Wonder if the QC will be any better?:

"Taurus USA will build a new 200,000-square-foot facility in Decatur County with 180,000 square feet of space for manufacturing and 20,000 square feet of administrative space. New jobs will include skilled labor positions, administrative personnel, customer service representatives and management teams. Construction will begin in September 2018."

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/25/taurus-usa-to-create-300-jobs-in-georgia/

That's damn good news for the people of that area.

Like we say in the power sports industry, there's an ass for every seat. :D

Funny thing is, of all the 1911's I've owned ( Colt, Dan Wesson, Springfield, etc... ), one of my best shooting and performing 1911's was a Taurus PT1911. I put at least 5,000 rounds through it with nary a hiccup. One of my friends had a WASR 10/63 AKM that he wanted to trade straight up for the PT1911. Of course it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I will own another PT1911 one of these days because of how well that pistol performed though.

SeriousStudent
04-29-18, 20:45
I'm glad to see jobs coming to Georgia.

I also think there is room for improvement in the quality control and warranty service for Taurus firearms. If management turns into leadership, then they could do very well here in the US. There is no shortage of smart, hard-working folks in Georgia.

They just need to be empowered and unleashed. Time will tell if this happens.

ralph
04-30-18, 09:53
From what I've seen of Taurus's quality over the years, they should probably add another 20,000 sq feet for warranty work / returns, so that they have enough room to store all the stuff that'll need fixed. For me to even consider anything they make, the quality, reliabilty, would have to make huge improvements... Job wise this will be great for the area they build in, but, I'm not holding my breath that there will be any major improvements in their products