PDA

View Full Version : Folding front sight ?

TWR
10-28-06, 18:48
I've been looking at folding front sights, first option is the PRI gas block/FSB then my next option is the Troy FS that fits on a rail.

I have a Colt 16" HBAR that shoots well, real well. I added a Houge FF tube and milled off the FSB a few years ago and would like to upgrade/update this gun with a FF rail and back up sights. Right now it wears a Leupold 3.5-10 scope in an Armalite mount but I will change to a LaRue mount to clear the rear sight. I will use the Troy rear sight as I have 2 of them on other guns and I like them.

Anyway I was interested in the PRI sight until a buddy had a 6.8 upper built with all PRI stuff and the front sight wobbles side to side some. I know it's a backup sight but if I spend the money I want it to work.

Next option is an extended rail and the Troy front sight mounted on the rail. How accurate is this setup on probably a LaRue rail. Do they wobble as bad or does it lock up like the rear sight? Any other options I've overlooked? I would appreciate your opinions and experiences.

BigCraig
10-28-06, 19:14
I have the Troy flip-up front sight on my SBR mounted on a Troy 10" forend.
It has about 1,000 rounds thru it, and it is very solid.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/426679.jpg

C4IGrant
10-28-06, 20:38
The PRI does have some play in it. If that bothers you then get the TROY.

C4