PDA

View Full Version : Grip sleeve for my GWAC Cav Arms grip...

TED
05-06-18, 03:27
I have a Hogue full size grip sleeve with palm swell and finger grooves on my GWACS Cav Arms lower for several years now. I like it.

However, it is just a smidge too big and shifts on a regular basis.

What do you recommend for a grip sleeve that has palm swells (I don;t care too much about the finger grooves, but really like the palm swells) that would be a bit tighter but still fit?

TED

Stickman
05-06-18, 17:59
I have a Hogue full size grip sleeve with palm swell and finger grooves on my GWACS Cav Arms lower for several years now. I like it.

However, it is just a smidge too big and shifts on a regular basis.

What do you recommend for a grip sleeve that has palm swells (I don;t care too much about the finger grooves, but really like the palm swells) that would be a bit tighter but still fit?

TED

Take it down with a rough sandpaper so it is the width and feel you like. Once you do that, reinstall it using hairspray. The hairspray makes it easy to slide on, and once it dries it won't slip around.

everready73
05-06-18, 18:12
Take it down with a rough sandpaper so it is the width and feel you like. Once you do that, reinstall it using hairspray. The hairspray makes it easy to slide on, and once it dries it won't slip around.

Never heard of this but like the idea. Have you ever done this with a polymer pistol grip? I have a 9mm cz clone i want to try this on. Not much in it so don't really mind what it does to the finish if it makes the grip better

Stickman
05-06-18, 18:17
Never heard of this but like the idea. Have you ever done this with a polymer pistol grip? I have a 9mm cz clone i want to try this on. Not much in it so don't really mind what it does to the finish if it makes the grip better

Yes, I did it with my Kahr P9.

titsonritz
05-06-18, 18:36

I gave up on slip-on grips along time ago, but this is cool beans. I'll have to lay it on a buddy of mine.

Stickman
05-06-18, 19:13
I gave up on slip-on grips along time ago, but this is cool beans. I'll have to lay it on a buddy of mine.

I used the Kahr P9 as a backup weapon when working in uniform for a long time, and wanted something super thin. The P9 ended up being too thin, so I needed something to widen it out just a little. It worked well, though eventually I switched to using a G19 as a back up gun.

TED
05-06-18, 21:23
When I say it is a smidge too big I mean for the rifles grip not my hands. That's why it shifts around.

Stickman
05-06-18, 23:43
When I say it is a smidge too big I mean for the rifles grip not my hands. That's why it shifts around.

If it is a matter of just sliding around a bit under pressure, the above mentioned trick will work. However, if it is the wrong size all together... either put inner tube under it or buy the right part.

jsbhike
05-08-18, 07:16
If just barely too big (emphasis on barely) the hair spray will work. Was told that trick for mountain bike grips that had a little slip. I think there are 3 different sizes of bike inner tubes, maybe more.