PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SSA question

Clyde777
05-13-18, 23:17
I saw that some guys downrange had some issues with the geissele ssf and certain ammo because the hammer has less mass. Will the ssa have any light primer strikes with certain ammo sine its hammer also has less mass than a mil spec? Also which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?

titsonritz
05-13-18, 23:26
I would not assume the trigger is the issue.

The SSF does not have a low mass hammer. That would be some version of the HSNM.

The SSA is light years ahead of the QMS.

Coal Dragger
05-14-18, 00:44
Maybe the culprit is a worn out hammer spring? The SSF, and SSA hammers have plenty of mass in combination with a full power hammer spring to ignite military primers. My SDC, and SD-3G haven’t met a primer yet they couldn’t ignite and that includes plenty of NATO headstamped ammo.

If you get light strikes, the easiest part to replace after inspecting your firing pin for no defects and free complete movement is a hammer spring. Takes a lot to wear one out but it is possible.

SMASHING MACHINE
05-14-18, 06:49
Only speaking from personal experience, but all of my geissele’s combined with thousands of rounds in multiple guns have never resulted in a light strike.

titsonritz
05-14-18, 12:15
Is the hammer spring install correctly.

Vegasshooter
05-16-18, 14:54
The Geiselle is one of, and it’s a matter of opinion, if not the best upgrade you can make as far as triggers go in AR’s. I run one in EVERY AR I have. Large frame as well as small. If you decide to go to a Geiselle, have no fear of light primer strikes. That is not a concern.

Stickman
05-16-18, 14:59
I saw that some guys downrange had some issues with the geissele ssf and certain ammo because the hammer has less mass. Will the ssa have any light primer strikes with certain ammo sine its hammer also has less mass than a mil spec? Also which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?

I have zero issues with the SSF, nor with any of my SSAs, including the one I choose to use for duty. When I read a post like I always have to wonder if someone decided to swap in a lighter spring, or if everything is together correctly. I don't say that in a derogatory manner, as the only groups using the SSF that I'm aware of are highly skilled and professional, but with only a 3rd hand report of what happened, it is hard for me to guess what the actual issue is.

Pappabear
05-16-18, 15:24
There is no way a properly functioning SSA is your problem. Buy an SSA, and fix your other issues.

PB

georgeib
05-16-18, 17:20
Is the hammer spring install correctly.

This ^^^

hk_shootr
05-16-18, 17:23
.....which is a better duty/defense trigger the ALG QMS or GEISSELE SSA?

Kinda like comparing a Vega to a Ferrari.

The SSA is a phenomenal trigger. If I need a basic trigger, I install an ACT

titsonritz
05-16-18, 20:03
If I need a basic trigger, I install an ACT

Me too