PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Baseball Shooting; Great article.

Averageman
05-14-18, 13:03
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katenocera/baseball-shooting?utm_term=.myZpQXK9Y#.nl50Z6z7K

Steve Scalise knew he was shot instantly. He felt something as he was trying to turn away from the shooter. “My legs gave out, and I fell down.”

He knew he had to keep moving, or risk another bullet. “You didn’t know how long it was going to last, or what was going to happen next, or, you know, if you were going to get hit again.”

And so one of the most important politicians in America started crawling, using his arms to pull himself toward the outfield from second base. He started praying. He started moving less and less.

After he’d reached shallow grass in right field, his arms gave out.

It felt like forever. People who had made it off the field were calling out to him.

But he stayed out there, alone, because no one could reach him.

RetroRevolver77
05-14-18, 14:23
Seeing how violent and unhinged Democrats are, we are truly blessed to have Trump running this country.

Averageman
05-14-18, 14:41
Relative to the extreme level of hate they tend to use as their daily rhetoric, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often.
I honestly believe that taking the weak minded and subjecting them to the constant level of heighten harpy like "racist, sexist, homophobic" chant caused this.
At some point I think interviewing this guy in depth might be interesting.

WillBrink
05-14-18, 14:46
Relative to the extreme level of hate they tend to use as their daily rhetoric, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often.
I honestly believe that taking the weak minded and subjecting them to the constant level of heighten harpy like "racist, sexist, homophobic" chant caused this.
At some point I think interviewing this guy in depth might be interesting.

Like all children, they lash out when they don't get their way.

titsonritz
05-14-18, 14:52
Suicide by cop, huh? OK.

SHIVAN
05-14-18, 16:09
FBI concludes "suicide by cop"? The guy was a known liberal protestor and crazy.

docsherm
05-14-18, 16:16
Why is it that the liberal media assume that everyone that gets shot at gets PTSD? I love how that exploit that every chance they get.

Averageman
05-14-18, 16:38
FBI concludes "suicide by cop"? The guy was a known liberal protestor and crazy.

That smells like a scapegoat to me.
The guy might have known he wouldn't get away, that he did it anyway doesn't mean he was suicidal it simply means he wanted the voiced Dianne Feinstien put in his head to go away.
He had some hate and planned to vent it, I think it needs to be acknowledged that he was one of theirs.

MegademiC
05-14-18, 17:23
Im actually surprised they havent called him a martyr.

fledge
05-14-18, 18:00
Why is it that the liberal media assume that everyone that gets shot at gets PTSD? I love how that exploit that every chance they get.

And that those with PTSD have no control over their extreme decisions and planning.

docsherm
05-14-18, 18:34
And that those with PTSD have no control over their extreme decisions and planning.

BINGO!

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-14-18, 23:07
Never any "Blood on their hands" cries after that... Didn't stop or temper Kimmel or Stephen Colbert....

I guess enough time has passed, what if the shooter had killed a number of congressmen and senators? It wouldn't take a few senators to be replaced by Dem govs to tilt the Senate- imagine the outcry then?

Bernie Sanders supporters are more likely to be mass shooters than NRA members. Let that sink in.

titsonritz
05-15-18, 00:24
Just imagine if an NRA member had shot up a Dem baseball team, OMFG!!

Honu
05-15-18, 15:08
Just imagine if an NRA member had shot up a Dem baseball team, OMFG!!

yup
and when you look at how many shooters are dems its more than they want to think

but once they find out its not they go nuts blame the conservatives and guns as the right being violent

and the left person does it then blame the guns only