PDA

View Full Version : Wow...what do you think of this?

RyanS
10-28-06, 22:10
http://www.givethemback.com/pages/disarmed

If the link doesn't work, try this

http://www.givethemback.com/

and click "Brutally Disarmed"

I'm still sorting through this one. I can understand the officer's reaction by the fact she had a gun in her hand.......but I think it was a little outrageous given the fact that shouldn't have been in her home in the first place.

Low Drag
10-29-06, 00:00
Outrageous? I think it's criminal.

I simply don't understand why some cops have the reactions they do to people owning arms. I wish I could see the patch on that cop's arm to see what dept he worked for.

K.L. Davis
10-29-06, 00:17
the one that is very clear to see is California Highway Patrol

LOKNLOD
10-29-06, 00:22

I remember CHP getting the rap on this back when it happened, and that clip was on the news.

Low Drag
10-29-06, 00:30

Big surprise, California.........

I have to chuckle at the cops that go to work each day, running scared of decent citizens who own guns.

Confection posteriors.

HAMMERDROP
10-30-06, 18:04
10 years or so ago it was all over the TV news from St Charles Mo a guy got pissed at a friend of his for whatever reason and dropped a dime on him - well the guy didn't have anything to fear the police over - it turns out. But SWAT still kicked his door in, in the middle of the night rousted the guy his wife and two kids and literally destroyed his house over drugs they never found in the end it was settled out of court ...
to quote LOW DRAG ... have to chuckle at the cops that go to work each day, running scared of decent citizens who own guns.
Dont COPS realize their best friends are legally armed citizens? That wont get a legally armed citizen treated any better in the event some psycho gung-ho cop thinks you broke his precious law. YOUR ****ED !

BravoCompanyUSA
10-30-06, 19:45
I remember seeing the full clips on cable news during Katrina/NOLA.

They dragged her out of her dry home (in cuffs, IIRC).

deadwood83
10-30-06, 21:58
I posted a rant about Nagin and NOPD on another site. Here's a copy, edited of course.

said...

Using skin color as an excuse for anything is blantant ignorance and a form of racism all its own. People can say that because of the racism people 'got them down' and that really it isn't their fault that they made incredibly stupid choices. In today's world, racist people get put down and denounced more than people with a different skin color. But do you see 90% of all racists in gangs? How many racists do you know that get peircings all over, blow $2,000 on jewels to get placed in their teeth, then skip the mortgage payment because they can't afford to feed their family?

Frankly, those who immediately slap the 'racist label' on others really need to pull their head out of their ***.

To draw an analogy: Ray Nagin did a great job considering he's a colored mayor and his state was in peril. Because of that his mistakes and violation of constitutional rights (both state and federal) are excusable.

The extreme parallel: Hitler wasn't such a bad guy consodering his upbringing and Germany's economic status at the time. Therefore his genocide of over 3 million people is excusable.

This kind of thinking MUST END. His blaming of FEMA for everything was total bull****. FEMA is meant to SUPPLEMENT the state's efforts, not REPLACE them. FEMA was the one with teams in place 48 hours before Nagin even admitted that a problem was about to occur.

And to canada: saying that the term 'ghetto mentality' is racist just proves how far your head is up your ***. And considering that you made such a stupid post leads me to believe that you are enjoying it and have no plans to remove said head.

If the American people get lucky, you might one day tense up and strangle yourself with your ***hole. We can only hope.

Now, many excuse Nagin by saying that since it was a huge disaster he did the right thing. I again play the bull**** card. Let us look back to another tragic day in American history, September 11th 2001. That day, suspicions of terrorists ran high, many thousands lost their lives, but did Rudy Guliani have the police beat people and confiscate their lawfully posessed firearms? I think not. Instead of trying to enforce his eliteist status and be the #1 enemy of the armed CITIZEN (not CRIMINAL BUT CITIZEN) Rudy Guliani tried to portray himself as just a normal guy who acts on behalf of the people.

Note that in our government, TO HOLD OFFICE IS TO ACT FOR THE GOOD OF AND IN THE NAME OF THE PEOPLE. Ray Nagin did neither.

To further the flames he violated two consitiutions at the same time pertaining to the same thing. Said constitutions being the Louisiana state constitution and the American Constitution. He had law enforcement officers go door to door and confiscate people's firearms. This is extremely shortsighted and offensive is many ways. The first is that the armed citizen is the law enforcer's best friend. The armed citizen supports just causes and does not hinder the progression of a just society. The armed citizen supports law enforcement officers (when they actually do lawfull stuff) in any way possible. The armed citizen does NOT have a criminal record. The armed citizen is a patriot and will be a patriot simply by supporting the second ammendment.

So why would law enforcement officers go around disarming armed CITIZENS while armed CRIMINALS run around killing and stealing? Such a waste of time and manpower is sickening. Nagin's display of macho makes one wonder just how much better a mayor a pile of **** would make.

and a link to the blog thing: http://mayorraynaginsucks.blogspot.com/

I know, it's a bit crude but for a 2-minute typeathon I think it's okay.

Just because of the New Orleans problem I donated $125 to the NRA PVF. I would encourage others to do the same.