PDA

View Full Version : Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Doc Safari
05-16-18, 14:18
Being old school, most of my carbines have had the good ol' milspec stock since day one and I've never felt the need to change.

I ran across a Magpul CTR stock the other day and I must say I'm learning to like it.

--Solid lock up with the locking lever feature
--Quick detach swivel aperture, plus slots for slinging a Vickers VCAS sling the way it was designed to be attached
--Hard rubber butt plate (Although I shun anything rubber for not being durable, this plate is hard enough to withstand some use)
--Thin but comfortable rear pad bladed to a thin profile to fit the shoulder pocket better
--Protected actuating lever

The CTR specs as Magpul publishes them:

FEATURES

Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON AR15/M4 applications
Removable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD and other receiver-mount sling attachments
Sling Mounts
Rear - Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5" swivels (ambidextrous)
Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
Toe - Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs

https://www.magpul.com/products/ctr-carbine-stock-mil-spec

I am NOT a fan of the BCM Gunfighter stock. (In fact it's what got traded for the CTR stock. The Gunfighter stock came with a BCM lower I ordered, and I quickly learned to hate it).

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGHTER-s-Stock-Mod-0-Black-p/bcm-gfs-mod-0-blk.htm

Why I hate the gunfighter stock: Although it's comfortable when deployed the actuating lever on my example was so stiff my girlfriend couldn't even operate it and I found it excessively hard to squeeze enough to slide the stock.

So, for me at least, it's Magpul CTR stock for the win.

What's your choice?

HeruMew
05-16-18, 14:25
An amazing member, Thanks Again, you know who you is;

PIF to me at one point with a Magpul ACS-L.

Love it.

QD rotation limited Slot
Easy and quick lock for adjustments and re-locking.
Storage Space for CR123 and other Doohickeys.
Pretty light
Great Rubber shoulder pad for grip and comfort.

26 Inf
05-16-18, 14:35
One of the SOPMOD clones:

EXOS Ti- 7 http://exosdefense.com/ti-7-buttstock.html

B5 SOPMOD https://www.b5systems.com/products/enhanced-sopmod-stock

B5 Bravo https://www.b5systems.com/products/bravo-stock

Vegasshooter
05-16-18, 14:37
I really like the STR and the CTR. Have one of those two on most every rifle. I like the feel, and I’m a huge fan of the cheekweld capabilities. Most of my rifles serve in a SPR/DMR role, so most are wearing 1-6 or 1-8 glass.
Recently got a rifle with the B5 stock. I’m liking it quite a bit as well. But, it is super similar to the STR, so that’s likely why.

elephant
05-16-18, 14:50
LMT SOPMOD because I like the weight-size and storage ability for batteries, The profile of the stock is nice to shoot with, it displaces a lot more area when you rest your cheek against it. It has just enough weight to counter balance any significant muzzle climb.

BTW: I keep all my stocks collapse at all times, I like having the gun as far back into my shoulder as possible reducing the overall length and allowing me to extend my support hand further up the rail.

titsonritz
05-16-18, 15:28
I like my LMT SOPMOD the most, closely followed by my MagPul STR. I do like my original BCM Gunfighter as a low profile stock. For my next stock I plan to check out the MagPul SL

markm
05-16-18, 15:35
I'm very picky about adjustable stocks. I always end up pulling SOPMODS off of guns due to weight/bulk. I've never tried a Magpul that I liked enough to buy. My Magpul fixed carbine stock is great.. but that's not what we're talking about.

I like the Gunfighters that I have. I don't adjust the LOP often and don't care about install difficulty or adjustment difficulty.

All that said... my all time favorite is the VLTOR IMOD. Best balance of Weight/Bulk/Durability. Like a tard, I gave my only one to a buddy when he was a Combat Controller. I was literally just shopping for a new one online.

Rhyyke
05-16-18, 15:44
My favorite stock is the Magpul SL-S

Bogart
05-16-18, 17:43
I've had/used a VLTOR IMOD, B5 SOPMOD Bravo, USGI M4 stock, Magpul MOE, and BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. My favorite is the BCM.

It's sleek, has a solid lock-up (as mentioned above I have to squeeze the adjustment lever quite hard to adjust it, thought I don't adjust mine, I leave it all the way in) and it's got enough taper at the bottom of the rubber butt pad to tuck into a shoulder. My only issue is that the QD sling swivel sockets on the sides orient the swivel horizontally, whereas I would prefer that they oriented the swivel vertically, but it's not a deal breaker.

Endur
05-16-18, 18:08
Hands down the STR. I love the cheek weld, side storage compartments, the locking mechanism, and it's appearance. It's also not overly heavy. Other obvious nice features are the qd points and ability to swap to an "enhanced" buttpad. I lean towards SOPMOD style stocks, and IMO, the STR is the shizznittlebamsnipsnapsack.

I must add that the BCM stock is God awful ugly.

False Cast
05-16-18, 18:18
I haven't found a reason to stray from the mil spec adjustable. I use the WOTG sling so no need for qd's. I will say that I have a BCM Mod 0 on a 16" middy and I like its firm lockup and cheek weld.

gunnerblue
05-16-18, 18:57
Magpul UBR 2. Solid, relatively lightweight for something so solid, consistent cheekweld and A5 buffer compatible.

magister
05-16-18, 18:59
Guess I’m used to the standard m4 waffle stock. Mostly that’s what I have and use. However, I do have one with a B5 sopmod bravo and I like it. Slight preference for the m4 waffle, though. Probably due to familiarity.

bad aim
05-16-18, 19:30
B5/LMT SOPMOD is my go-to. Love the cheekweld!

titsonritz
05-16-18, 19:34
I haven't found a reason to stray from the mil spec adjustable. I use the WOTG sling so no need for qd's. I will say that I have a BCM Mod 0 on a 16" middy and I like its firm lockup and cheek weld.

Guess I’m used to the standard m4 waffle stock. Mostly that’s what I have and use. However, I do have one with a B5 sopmod bravo and I like it. Slight preference for the m4 waffle, though. Probably due to familiarity.

Then stick with them, their nice and cheap. Sometimes I kick myself in the ass for ever touching a Geissele trigger.

hk_shootr
05-16-18, 19:49
LWRC compact is my go to stock body.
Small, has extended cheek areas, light weight. A solid, no nonsense, modern adaptation of the Colt N1

https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-compact-adjustable-stock.aspx

PatrioticDisorder
05-16-18, 20:11
Magpul MOE SL-S, great ergos, solid, simply, works well with VLTOR A5 tube.

05-16-18, 20:15
I Don’t like the bulk of the SOPMOD. Don’t like the angle of the buttplate on the waffle with front-heavy work guns. Hate the facial hair snagging of the VLTOR stock.

I like the CTR because the angle is tolerable (would prefer 90*), it does not have slop, and it stands up in a corner well. I like the CAR stock because it is lightweight and has that 90* angle that I like for front heavy guns. The CAR stock has graced most of my issued M4’s and variants, while the CTR is on my favorite personal gun. The MOE is on my .22LR.

scottryan
05-16-18, 21:20
LWRC compact for SBR and carbine length guns with red dots designed to play offense.

Magpul STR for Reece and SPR type guns with magnified glass designed to play defense.

I have a BCM stock on one gun and I am about to get rid of it. The female sling socket does not have enough freedom of movement. LWRC got this right. The sling socket stops are set in an X rather than a + and allows the sling to correctly blouse over the shoulder no matter how the shooter is holding the gun. Everyone else including BCM and Magpul get this wrong.

I could care less about exposed adjustment latches or friction lock levers. The crane sopmod stock is outdated and has been superceded by the Magpul STR.

I also don’t use the battery storage feature. Batteries are extra shit that belong in an administrative pouch attached to field gear.

Hammer_Man
05-16-18, 21:22
I really like the Car15 stock, as it is compact, light weight, and unobtrusive. I used to exclusively run Vltor stocks due to their quality construction, tight lock up, and pleasant cheek weld. That being said, I've started to take a more minimalist approach to my rifle setup. My current go to gun has a cheap fiberlite N1 replica stock, and it is by far my favorite. The SOPMOD AND Vltor stocks all seem really bulky in comparison, and I plan to phase all of mine out as soon as I can find more N1 style stocks.

Bubba FAL
05-16-18, 21:38
CTR for a traditional adjustable stock. But the facial hair ripping drives me toward the UBR.

MegademiC
05-16-18, 22:00
I use a b5 bravo. The cheek weld is perfect for my 1-4x.
Never had an issue with m4 stock and rds.

JulyAZ
05-16-18, 22:20
I love the BCM stock, I don’t have the tension issues, I think that the BCM stock is the best compromise between cheek weld and weight. I don’t need storage in my stocks, as I already have them in my grips, and VFG.

With that said I’ve tried most other stocks mentioned, I’ve learned a few things:

Magpul stock suck for cheekwelds, and I hate when I have to pull that little cross bar to remove or install them.

Sopmod stocks got the best cheekweld but weigh more than a aircraft carrier boat anchor.

B5 Enhanced was cool without the storage of the sopmod, just not my favorite(one of my guns still has one).

Vltor stocks the EMOD, and Imod were both way too tight on the buffer tubes, even after sanding down the inside, to the point where it wasnt worth the effort, and I’m a clean shaven dude, and those would even pull my stubble, quick nope.

The BCM just checks all the boxes for me without any of the negatives, they just work.

Dr. Bullseye
05-16-18, 22:46

I have looked at others but there just is no reason not to spend the same amount on ammo instead. The mil spec is fine at my level.

308sako
05-16-18, 22:49
It all about the cheek weld and the sight alignment that provides. For me the MagPul Moe SL does it just right.

https://i.imgur.com/XeNxuCz.jpg

RobertTheTexan
05-16-18, 23:12
Started out with an ACS-L. Pulled on my beard so I pulled it off. It's seeing good service today though. From there I went through the STR's, CTR's before settling on the Vltor EMod. They just really work for me. Some however, pull the crap out of my beard. I guess I'm learning to live with it because I'm still buying them! :cool:

1. Vltor EMod/UBR Gen 2
2. Magpul SL-S (Managing battery removal on this stock is sooooooo much easier than my LMT or B5's.)
3. LMT SOPMOD/B5 SOPMOD Enhanced (I have yet to tell the difference when shooting my AR's equipped with either.

I find the type and purpose of the weapon drives my stock choice. (usually) For example on my 308 battle rifle and precision AR's, I prefer the Vltor EMod or UBR Gen 2. With an A5 system, both have a LoP of almost 16" Plus the battery storage is better suited for the typical optics batteries I have - although I usually have the cargo mgt system in my Hogue grips with 2032's there also.

On SBR's I prefer lighter stocks like the Magpul SL-S or SOPMODs. Either the B5 Enhanced or the LMT. Honestly, when I'm shooting both I cannot tell the difference. Again, these are more suited for battery storage for the CQ optics I run on these rifles.

I don't have any BCM although I've heard they are super lightweight, I really don't get too excited over their offerings.

AKDoug
05-16-18, 23:22
B5 SOPMOD and Bravos are my favorite. I never move mine.. all the way extended is how I roll.

Moose-Knuckle
05-17-18, 05:24
My 5.56's rock BCM's but my 7.62 has a B5.

markm
05-17-18, 10:37
It all about the cheek weld and the sight alignment that provides. For me the MagPul Moe SL does it just right.

https://i.imgur.com/XeNxuCz.jpg

That's the ONE magpul adjustable that I'd try if I had to pick one. Very similar to the shape of the Imod that I like.

Rogue556
05-17-18, 11:19
I just recently picked up a Magpul SL-S, and other than a Gen 1 UBR it's the only other Magpul stock I've used.. with that said, I wish I'd have bought one earlier on as it's quickly becoming my favorite stock. Heavy enough that it balances out a front heavy rifle (especially with a suppressor), cheek weld feels great, and it has an interior spring the puts pressure against the RE to keep movement to a minimum.

I also like the BCM SOPMOD Gunfighter stocks as well. The original version, although light weight, doesn't offer a very good cheek weld for me and I find my face "floating" when searching for the dot on an RDS. With the SOPMOD version I get a similar cheek weld to the SL-S or B5 Bravo while still keeping the weight down.

As others have said, it really depends on the rifles intended use as to which I decide to run.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mlberry
05-17-18, 11:59
I like the N1 stock too. It works well with my USGI side mounted sling swivel. Oh and I still stick with the standard carry handle sight.

RHINOWSO
05-17-18, 12:22
BCM Gunfighter is great. I had 3 originals and 1 with the cheekpiece molded in.

They go on very tight but loosen up pretty quick but have zero rattle on LMT carbine and BCM A5 REs.

steeltoe
05-17-18, 12:28
Vltor emod for me. Love the cheek weld, don't care one bit if it grabs a whisker. Love the small battery compartment which holds a 123 battery with no rattle. Great lock up, perfect fit to a mil-spec ext. Robust design, optional butt pad, not too heavy or light.

shadowrider
05-17-18, 12:29
I guess I'm an outlier, it's the Super-Stoc for me. Why? Because it locks up tight. Wobbling stocks drive me nuts.

http://www.stdgun.com/rogers-super-stoc/

PatrioticDisorder
05-17-18, 12:31
I guess I'm an outlier, it's the Super-Stoc for me. Why? Because it locks up tight. Wobbling stocks drive me nuts.

0 wobble with the Magpul SL series.

Doc Safari
05-17-18, 12:57

The MagPul CTR locks up as well as this stock. I've owned both and prefer the CTR.

shadowrider
05-17-18, 13:32
The MagPul CTR locks up as well as this stock. I've owned both and prefer the CTR.

That's good to know. I'll likely try one on my next build, which I really should get started on.

Doc Safari
05-17-18, 13:35
That's good to know. I'll likely try one on my next build, which I really should get started on.

My Rogers Super Stoc actually came with a Colt carbine IIRC. Couldn't wait to put something else on the rifle. I hated something about the locking lever...can't remember if you could unscrew it easily or if I'm thinking of something else....but I like the CTR much better.

shadowrider
05-17-18, 13:46
My Rogers Super Stoc actually came with a Colt carbine IIRC. Couldn't wait to put something else on the rifle. I hated something about the locking lever...can't remember if you could unscrew it easily or if I'm thinking of something else....but I like the CTR much better.

I had never even heard of the Rogers Super Stoc until I was researching the CTR some time back. What I was seeing at that time was some hate for the CTR because they aren't as rigid as they should be when locked (or that was the general consensus at that time) and they were pushing the RSS. So I thought "it's only $50" and tried one. I have 2 of them now.

I do generally like most things Magpul so I'll give it another look.

Doc Safari
05-17-18, 13:55
What I was seeing at that time was some hate for the CTR because they aren't as rigid as they should be when locked (or that was the general consensus at that time)...

I can't imagine that. Maybe early ones had a weaker spring. Mine was the dickens to get on the receiver extension, but the tension is just about right for rigidity. Mine hasn't been installed that long, so I can't guarantee it won't loosen under thousands of rounds of recoil.

Watrdawg
05-17-18, 14:03
Vltor Imod or the Magpul MOE SL. I like the overall weight and cheek weld of both. The Imod does pull on my beard so that can be a pain. Probably why the MOE comes first and then the Imod 2nd

vicious_cb
05-17-18, 14:26
All this talk about cheekweld :rolleyes:

Its about as relevant to shooting as how "comfortable" a grip feels on a pistol is to actually running the gun.

JulyAZ
05-17-18, 14:32
All this talk about cheekweld :rolleyes:

Its about as relevant to shooting as how "comfortable" a grip feels on a pistol is to actually running the gun.

Funny, you seem to have sold something because you didn’t like the feel, why didn’t you just run it?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/7f52fde2facaba15d7ca0f2ec176ff0c.jpg

Doc Safari
05-17-18, 14:36
Ergos do matter, otherwise we would all still be using those awkward stocks on the medieval matchlock guns. I realize it's a subjective thing, but if cheek weld isn't important, then neither is how solid it locks up, where the lever is, where the sling mount is, what type of butt pad it has, etc.

You could just run it with an old shoe sole glued to the receiver extension. That would work just fine. Why do you even need a stock?

ER-GO-NOM-ICS.

vicious_cb
05-17-18, 14:51
Funny, you seem to have sold something because you didn’t like the feel, why didn’t you just run it?

The time it must have took to look through my posts to find that :D. Maybe you didnt get the *wink* with that small girl hands joke but it had nothing to do with feelings more of a compatibility issue with certain lowers/trigger guard combos, if you notice the mod 3 is a single molded piece with a fixed trigger guard extension.

If you're trying to point out Ive bought products based on "feel" before then you would be correct. And many times Ive been wrong and ended up with inferior products because they felt good at the time(the countless dollars wasted on different pistols for example). Now I know better and put things up against the clock.

Ergos do matter, otherwise we would all still be using those awkward stocks on the medieval matchlock guns. I realize it's a subjective thing, but if cheek weld isn't important, then neither is how solid it locks up, where the lever is, where the sling mount is, what type of butt pad it has, etc.

You could just run it with an old shoe sole glued to the receiver extension. That would work just fine. Why do you even need a stock?

ER-GO-NOM-ICS.

I agree ergos are important, thats why everyone likes AR-15s in the first place. However look where we're at. We have a 5 page thread about how stocks "feel". Dont you think we've gone too down into the weeds of minutae? There's nothing even educational about a subject like this since stocks are all personal preference. Buy any stock from Magpul, BCM, Vltor, B5 and you're good to go. No need to keep worrying about it.

Doc Safari
05-17-18, 15:02
We have a 5 page thread about how stocks "feel". Dont you think we've gone too down into the weeds of minutae? There's nothing even educational about a subject like this since stocks are all personal preference. Buy any stock from Magpul, BCM, Vltor, B5 and you're good to go. No need to keep worrying about it.

Discussions of feel are valuable if they point out the WHY of a person's preference (note thread title). If a person posts "I like this stock because of the feel" then that's useless, but if that same person posts "I like this stock because it has the right cheek weld for my eyes to naturally line up with the RDS", then that's valuable information.

I agree, as with any thread there is a lot of fluff, but that goes with the territory. Detailed answers are always preferred over simple votes. I wish everyone would give the why's and wherefore's of their preference.

JulyAZ
05-17-18, 15:05
The time it must have took to look through my posts to find that [emoji3]. Maybe you didnt get the *wink* with that small girl hands joke but it had nothing to do with feelings more of a compatibility issue with certain lowers/trigger guard combos, if you notice the mod 3 is a single molded piece with a fixed trigger guard extension.

If you're trying to point out Ive bought products based on "feel" before then you would be correct. And many times Ive been wrong and ended up with inferior products because they felt good at the time(the countless dollars wasted on different pistols for example). Now I know better and put things up against the clock.

what I was trying to point out, in all honesty it was just about your holier than thou attitude that I had the issue with, and about finding that post, I’m on Tapatalk, literally less than 20 seconds I scrolled down and stopped was the second thing I saw in the started by section, no effort required.

revoa4
05-17-18, 15:15
I keep coming back to my Vltor Imod, the cheek weld is very good.

vicious_cb
05-17-18, 18:42
what I was trying to point out, in all honesty it was just about your holier than thou attitude that I had the issue with, and about finding that post, I’m on Tapatalk, literally less than 20 seconds I scrolled down and stopped was the second thing I saw in the started by section, no effort required.

Maybe my bluntness is somehow being mistaken as superiority? If thats so then thats not my intent. Ive been in this game long enough to have made magnitudes of purchasing mistakes which I then would have to sell at a loss, as you pointed out.

I call it minutae because Ive literally never found a situation where I would pick up an AR with a B5 SOPMOD then pick up an AR with Magpul MOE and say "I cant find my dot because the cheekweld sucks." Shit like that only happens with things like wirestocks on a folding AK, not with an AR. So I question what people are actually doing with their ARs to even have this problem? Or that people even have the notion TO BLAME A STOCK for having poor consistency.

Is that what we do now? "Looks like your consistency and presentation sucks, you sir could use a stock with a better cheekweld!" Is this what we've come to?

I think its great that these days we can build a product to solve every problem, but sometimes you shouldn't and just shoot the damn gun.

graffex
05-17-18, 19:15
Magpul STR for me by a wide margin.

Labayu
05-17-18, 20:36
I like the BCM Gunfighter stocks. The toe is a good angle for running it squared up or bladed it doesn't seem clumsy when switching leads and the original version is slim enough for my big jaw and cheeckbones without any extraneous seams and crap to pull whiskers out of my beard.

I'm about to switch mounts for my optics so my current opinion might change once I get an RB1/KAC Skyscraper mount on my testbed carbine.

misfit47
05-17-18, 21:03
Bravo system b5 bravo. Every thing I want, nothing I don't. Tough, solid lock up, comfortable.

Rogue556
05-17-18, 21:14
Maybe my bluntness is somehow being mistaken as superiority? If thats so then thats not my intent. Ive been in this game long enough to have made magnitudes of purchasing mistakes which I then would have to sell at a loss, as you pointed out.

I call it minutae because Ive literally never found a situation where I would pick up an AR with a B5 SOPMOD then pick up an AR with Magpul MOE and say "I cant find my dot because the cheekweld sucks." Shit like that only happens with things like wirestocks on a folding AK, not with an AR. So I question what people are actually doing with their ARs to even have this problem? Or that people even have the notion TO BLAME A STOCK for having poor consistency.

Is that what we do now? "Looks like your consistency and presentation sucks, you sir could use a stock with a better cheekweld!" Is this what we've come to?

I think its great that these days we can build a product to solve every problem, but sometimes you shouldn't and just shoot the damn gun.

I get what you're saying, but you're making assumptions about people on the internet you've never met and assuming someone doesn't shoot because they experienced something you haven't had an issue with. No one is saying replacing a stock is a replacement for training.

I had no issue with standard car stocks when I started out but found that I prefer stocks like the SOPMOD, SOPMOD Bravo, SL-S, and the newest BCM SOPMOD stock. I can run a rifle just fine with a standard BCM stock or car style stock, but after eight years using wider stocks I do notice a difference going from one rifle with a slim profile stock to one with a more pronounced "cheek weld". Thirty seconds shouldering a car stock solves the searching for the dot issue I mentioned, but why deal with the inconsistency from one rifle to another when I can simply use a stock I prefer? Your cheek resting on a rifle is still one of four contact points on the rifle, why would I not want a more solid point of contact in that area like I get with a wide stock vs a slim stock? You wouldn't want your rifle planted loosely in your shoulder or allow yourself to loosely grip the rifle with your stong or weak side hands, so why accept a poor cheek weld when you don't have to.

Also, I don't have cheek weld issues with my wire stock SLR107-34.. but that is, of course, a completely different rifle.

JulyAZ
05-17-18, 21:25

My original post (post #23) gives a detailed explanation of why I don’t like most stocks and why I like others, not one of what I mention affect the shootability of the firearm. It’s mostly a comfort to weight battle for me.

Stocks are mostly gonna be the same only difference is the angle of the cheekweld we cant have it perfect for everyone because we still have to take into account that we can’t impede the charging handle.

So I would say comfort is a high priority when choosing a stock (for me), basically my only concern, as I don’t need the storage, and use a Frank Proctor WOTG minimalist slings. No QDs, I tie my slings to the gun. If I can’t see my red dot, I move my head. My groups are fine whether or not I’m comfortable. But I’ll plan for the best when it comes to my stock.

masakari
05-17-18, 21:33
I can't stand the regular carbine stock. Absolutely hate it.
My favorite stocks, in order:

Magpul UBR
Magpul UBR 2
B5 SOPMOD Enhanced
Magpul SLS
Magpul SL
Colt CS
Magpul STR

drtywk
05-17-18, 21:43
Magpul SL is my go to stock. I really like the ergonomics and shape of it. I also like the SL-S and SL-K stocks. I run the SL on pretty much all of my carbines. I have an SL-S on my Hodge AU Mod 1.5 and an STR on my Recce. I also have a couple of BCM stocks, both the standard and the SOPMOD version. I like the SOPMOD version over the original, but the Magpul SL is the ticket for me. and will be until I find another that is better.

Hulkstr8
05-18-18, 11:01
I only have experience with two stocks: LaRue RAT and the Magpul CTR.

I like both. The RAT Stock feels solid and is easy to adjust, but it rattles. The CTR is solid, adjusts easy, but my finger tips hate putting it on and off lol. Both are lightweight and seem to have a good cheekweld.

Idk if I am in the minority but I dont care if my stock rattles a little bit. I cant conceptualize a situation where it's a problem.

FlyAndFight
05-18-18, 11:11
Vltor emod for me. Love the cheek weld, don't care one bit if it grabs a whisker. Love the small battery compartment which holds a 123 battery with no rattle. Great lock up, perfect fit to a mil-spec ext. Robust design, optional butt pad, not too heavy or light.

Pretty much the same reasons for me. I do find them a tiny bit heavier than the Magpul stocks but the positives outweigh that one negative for me.

hile
05-18-18, 11:16
BCM Gunfighter, Love the cheek weld. I also really like the Daniel Defense furniture.

Doc Safari
05-18-18, 11:39
The CTR is solid, adjusts easy, but my finger tips hate putting it on and off lol.

Yes, you do need fingers of steel to put the dang thing on and off, but that's a minor beef. I understand the need for that level of spring tension if the stock is to have a solid lockup.

Campbell
05-18-18, 11:45
I went from standard CAR to SOPMOD and stopped.... after all this time, I’m sure a lighter/better example has been executed, I just never think about changing.
It has outlasted barrels, and I fully expect it to outlast me.

ccosby
05-18-18, 16:43
I went from standard CAR to SOPMOD and stopped.... after all this time, I’m sure a lighter/better example has been executed, I just never think about changing.
It has outlasted barrels, and I fully expect it to outlast me.

I've tried a few other stocks but always go back to the sopmod. Yes it's heavy(compared to newer options) and bulky but I really like how it feels. I also have multiple guns setup for different things and like having all of them wearing the same stock when possible. Finding something else might mean changing the other stocks over and it would get a little expensive.

05-19-18, 20:34
I've had 'em all, but I always end up with an LMT waffle stock with a GGG Sling Thing.

Diamondback
05-19-18, 21:09
Taking into account that 1. I usually prefer to build AR pistols and 2. have some special needs which I'll explain...

I usually build braced pistols because my shoulders won't let me properly shoulder a rifle stock. Accordingly, when I'm building an AR rifle, the stock gets nestled into the crook of my elbow, so the heavier muzzle of the longarm necessitates a heavier back-end to compensate... and it's a bit gimmicky, but for my personal little niche I've found FAB's mag-carrier telestock gives me that weight in the useful form of a spare mag. (I'm even toying with the idea of, if we ever get SBR Deregulation, combining it with a mag-carrier foregrip on a 12.5" to keep three Magpul drums right there on the gun ready to rumble.)

That said, it will not be going onto my next two builds because I'm trying to tack into Clone territory with them.

Joelski
05-20-18, 06:19
Mine are all CTR's and Enhanced SOPMODs. I keep NFA papers in the storage tubes to ensure I'll never be asked for them, and I like the way it leaves my facial hair alone. The CTR is a solid alternative on lighter rifles and I dig the solid pick-up.

Hard to beat the UBR for heavy duty, hard use beating, but I'm not a fan of the Gen 2 stocks. The original did it all, IMO.

feraldog
05-20-18, 12:12
i've tried a bunch over the last 40 years, yet always return to the traditional Colt N1 Fiberlite

i just add some black electricians tape to the sides of the RE (hidden under the stock) to stop any wiggle

super-lightweight, compact, simple, classic and functional

sparky-kb
05-20-18, 19:44
LWRC Compact is my favorite, followed by the B5 SOPMOD Bravo.

The LWRC Compact is basically the same size as an old school CAR stock but with better cheek weld and a rubber butt pad.

Pappabear
05-20-18, 19:52
LMT SOPMOD, I drink LMT juice daily and it feels good. YUM

But I'm not picky, I like a lot of the aftermarket stocks. Magpul ACS is a dandy too !!, The BCM stocks are very nice for the dollar. I hate the bone stock M4 Colt stock, thats where I draw the line. Not too picky but that stock is a no go for PB

PB

Boba Fett v2
05-20-18, 20:27
SOPMOD held the top spot for me for a lot of years, followed closely by the Magpul STR and ACS depending on application. Today it's the Magpul SL-S. It really is a nice stock and has supplanted my SOPMODs.

https://imageshack.com/a/img921/7813/PcQd0m.jpg

Rdot
05-21-18, 01:45
Of the few buttstocks I have tried out the BCM MOD-0 SOPMOD is my favorite.

Biggy
05-21-18, 10:03
Magpul MOE SL and SL-S. But I also really like the new SB Tactical SBA3 pistol brace. It is well made and adjustable. You can have an SBR *type* of weapon but it is called a pistol configuration. No ATF paperwork or being on their radar for what might happen in the future . No need to file or have an ATF form 20 like you do when traveling out of state with your SBR. Thanks to some of these newer pistol braces, the AR pistol market has really exploded lately and given us more options.

hobojoe
05-21-18, 15:44
My favorites are the Magpul CTR and MOE SL-K.

556BlackRifle
05-21-18, 16:23
My top two favorites in order are:

B5 SOPMOD Enhanced and Vltor EMOD. I enjoy shooting them more than any other stock(s) that I own.

markm
05-21-18, 17:10
i've tried a bunch over the last 40 years, yet always return to the traditional Colt N1 Fiberlite

I ran that one for a long time, but after getting a few guns with RDS sights, I found the toe of the stock to be a bit short. And I've come to like rubber butt pads... so I don't have an N1 anymore.

MegademiC
05-21-18, 22:17
I ran that one for a long time, but after getting a few guns with RDS sights, I found the toe of the stock to be a bit short. And I've come to like rubber butt pads... so I don't have an N1 anymore.

Interesting. I just pulled the buttpad off myb5bravo. Havent run it yet, but i like it during dry runs.

Wheelieman
05-21-18, 23:01
Magpul SL-S or B5 Sopmod

flyboy1788
05-22-18, 19:48
Magpul SL-S because Magpul is good stuff, it is aesthetically pleasing, balances the rifle nicely, and doesn't cost $200 or even $100 for that matter. The MFT battlelink minimalist is pretty cool too from an aesthetic standpoint, but I just felt my rifle was too barrel heavy with it as it is only about 6 or 7 oz.

Alexj1206
05-23-18, 00:00
B5 sopmod. Of all the stocks Ives used, standard M4, MFT battlelink min, magpul, Rodgers super stock, etc. the B5 has the best cheek weld.

BPDKar98k
05-23-18, 22:23
Magpul CTR. Love the locking mechanism and ease of adjustment. Have a B5 Bravo that I'm considering selling because i don't like how tightly you need to squeeze the lever to adjust it.

pubb
05-24-18, 08:50
Going to be an outlier here with all the Magpul and BCM love, but I love my BattleLink Minimalist. Because I am a minimalist. And the possibility of hooking the toe on something is pretty dang near minimal for my range toys.

Redrock53
05-25-18, 20:22

Well said, many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.

JulyAZ
05-25-18, 20:40
"Opinions"...

Lol you say “opinions” like it is subjective that they are Opinions.

All this thread is opinions. No quotes needed.

Redrock53
05-25-18, 21:05
Lol you say “opinions” like it is subjective that they are Opinions.

All this thread is opinions. No quotes needed.

Sorry, you are correct, I am new here and used to Sniper's hide and the facts that they present. One issue I have with just opinions is that some rookie cop may mistake one of these opinions for fact and has a FTF or other major malfunction and loses his life! Many smaller agencies use these blogs as gospel !!!

I will leave the blog, thanks for understanding.

The Fed

m4luvr
05-25-18, 21:11
I have 2 favorites:

the IMI Defense Enhanced M4 Buttstock IMI-ZS100
and
the Magpul MOE® SL-K Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec

Both fit fine for me & are compact & light in weight.

Moose-Knuckle
05-26-18, 03:17
Civies use what you all brag about, meat eaters use the Rogers

....many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.

Huh? :blink:

I've never been a meat eating .gov employee but I own several Rogers Super Stocks lol. They came on some of my Colts, I swapped them out because rifle accessories are a personal thing and I do not like them.

Nothing wrong with the Colt OEM Type I (CAR-15), Type II-A (M4), and Type II-B (M4) stocks. Colt also has shipped their rifles with Magpul MOE and MOE SL stocks. When selecting a stock for a rifle that might be used in the preservation of life anything that has been SOPMOD approved such as the LMT / B5 SOPMOD is more than g2g. The Vltor IMOD bears to mind as well.

If one is going to look to Fed LE for inspiration for their AR's furniture I'd suggest they perform an image search for HRT members with their carbines. HK416's with HK OEM stocks as well as Colt Commandos sporting SOPMODs and Vltors.

YMMV.

pubb
05-26-18, 07:20
So in your mind, there's two levels: "meat eaters" who need equipment that can survive both arctic temperatures and Middle East sandstorms and the guy who puts five mags down range once a month? No middle ground, eh? High-speed-low-drag operator or you drive Miss Daisy?

And the entire word outside of the US military has never seen one, but we are to take your word that after whatever torture test you throw at it, the buttstock can survive. So, I have to ask: were you part of SEAL Team Six? Were you the guy who killed OBL, with a buttstroke from a Rogers Super Stock?

Well said, many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.

Joelski
05-26-18, 07:55
LOL! Exactly! The "meat eaters" I know can kill with whatever's handed to them, and that's the extent of their preferences.

Some people like different stuff, some don't GAF. A buttstock is not a good metric for who to respect, and who you can safely put down as inferior.

pubb
05-26-18, 08:46
I am member of Snipers Hide and I can assure you that opinions presented as opinions appear there all the time. You'll know an opinion when you see it because it starts with the words, "I think..." or some variant thereof. Some may even start with the words, "In my opinion...".

And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star. Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle. Maybe, as a meat-eater, you're used to being able to do whatever you wanted, because you know, rules don't apply to the Epsilon Force. "This is my safety", and all that.

Sniper's hide is of course just chock full of folks who were "on the teams". Maybe you would be better off there. Or maybe you would be better off if you just didn't try so hard.

Sorry, you are correct, I am new here and used to Sniper's hide and the facts that they present. One issue I have with just opinions is that some rookie cop may mistake one of these opinions for fact and has a FTF or other major malfunction and loses his life! Many smaller agencies use these blogs as gospel !!!

I will leave the blog, thanks for understanding.

The Fed

squid8286
06-01-18, 12:04
Mine is the Magpul SL. It lets me get a consistent cheek weld quickly, it doesn't rattle on the receiver extension, it's long enough for me, and it's pretty unobtrusive. A close second is the B5 Sopmod (without the battery tubes.)

26 Inf
06-01-18, 13:08
And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star.

I'm not defending Rr53, as I'm pretty much in total agreement with your statement.

Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle.

Just FWIW, that just isn't true of LE across the board. There are a lot of smaller agencies that allow officers to 'run what they brung' as long as it is a specific caliber, including rifles.

titsonritz
06-03-18, 21:16
Mine is the Magpul SL. It lets me get a consistent cheek weld quickly, it doesn't rattle on the receiver extension, it's long enough for me, and it's pretty unobtrusive. A close second is the B5 Sopmod (without the battery tubes.)

Just to clarify, the B5 SOPMOD has battery compartments the B5 Bravo does not. I like my LMT SOPMOD but sometimes prefer a lower profile stock the Magpul SL and B5 Bravo are the next two stocks I'm buying for that purpose.

I just can't help myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

jsbhike
06-04-18, 09:11
B5 Bravo is probably my favorite with Magpul SL a close 2nd.

So so on the BCM Gunfighter Mod 0. Some things I like about it, but the sling attachment is a negative in my opinion .

Never have really been a fan of A frame type stocks and less so after learning a piece of inner tube could be slipped on non A frames to keep the sling contained. I do like rubber butt pads when wearing a pack to reduce or eliminate slipping.

GiddyHitch
06-05-18, 15:46
It was the B5 SOPMOD until I shouldered the STR.

ubet
06-05-18, 21:52
I am member of Snipers Hide and I can assure you that opinions presented as opinions appear there all the time. You'll know an opinion when you see it because it starts with the words, "I think..." or some variant thereof. Some may even start with the words, "In my opinion...".

And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star. Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle. Maybe, as a meat-eater, you're used to being able to do whatever you wanted, because you know, rules don't apply to the Epsilon Force. "This is my safety", and all that.

Sniper's hide is of course just chock full of folks who were "on the teams". Maybe you would be better off there. Or maybe you would be better off if you just didn't try so hard.I joined Sh in 08. And it was a great sight, THEN! Their is a lot of knowledge on there, you just have to wade through a bunch of bs to find it. Their are/ were damn sure a few been there done that guys. After it went to scout though, the whole thing went to shit

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pistolman1974
06-11-18, 20:26
Magpul UBR helps bring the CG of a 20" AR further rearward and the cheek weld.

MistWolf
06-11-18, 23:15
Magpul UBR helps bring the CG of a 20" AR further rearward

Not by much

Renegade0100
06-17-18, 13:02
Magpul MOE or CTR with their extended ribbed buttpad. The contour of the extended buttpad literally matches my shoulder perfectly in a shooting stance. It's wild. Cheek sits perfectly too. Maybe it's because it was the first stock on my first rifle, but I've tried others (SL, B5 Bravo, waffle, etc) and none fit me the same way.

All are perfectly usable though. The stock isn't an excuse for shitty shooting.

MWAG19919
06-17-18, 16:12
I flip flop all the time between my BCM and CTR stocks. The BCM came tight from the factory, but over time it has developed a rattle (BCM carbine RE). Plus it’s just ugly as hell.

I’d put the CTR on in a heartbeat if only I could have an anti rotation QD socket in the back. Even more than rattle, I hate my sling getting twisted.

I don’t get hung up on cheek weld. The gunfighter is slightly better than the CTR but neither is anything to write home about. There is a noticeable weight difference between the two, but weight on the ass end doesn’t bother me.

Moose-Knuckle
06-20-18, 05:56
Since someone in this thread used the fact that Colt use to ship some of their rifles with Rogers Super stocks to try to somehow say they are superior stocks, I just noticed that Colt is shipping B5 Bravo stocks on their LE6920-EPR carbines.

RobertTheTexan
06-20-18, 06:01
Since someone in this thread used the fact that Colt use to ship some of their rifles with Rogers Super stocks to try to somehow say they are superior stocks, I just noticed that Colt is shipping B5 Bravo stocks on their LE6920-EPR carbines.

Well.. that make the B5 a SUPERIOR stock the . Because it’s on a Colt.

Gee golly Moose!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dentron
06-20-18, 06:56
I keep going back to the B5 bravos. I prefer them to the sopmod because the butt is slanted. I didnt like the bcm. I adjust my stock sometimes based on shooting position, and it was way too stiff.

uffdaphil
06-20-18, 08:08
The CTR was my favorite for a long time. I prefer the B5/LMT style release lever and butt angle and have one of each, but some Bravos are too tight to easily adjust LOP and I balk at the bulk and cost of the LMT. The similar Griffin ECS addresses those gripes and is my current fave.

Several are decent enough, but I won’t buy another - MOE SL, STR, ACS, N1 and LWRC compact. The only one I absolutely hate is the BCM. The two I had were too tight on the tube, too stiff a lever, didn’t like the dismounting method, and IMO it is a homely thing.

26 Inf
06-20-18, 11:22
The CTR was my favorite for a long time. I prefer the B5/LMT style release lever and butt angle and have one of each, but some Bravos are too tight to easily adjust LOP and I balk at the bulk and cost of the LMT. The similar Griffin ECS addresses those gripes and is my current fave.

Several are decent enough, but I won’t buy another - MOE SL, STR, ACS, N1 and LWRC compact. The only one I absolutely hate is the BCM. The two I had were too tight on the tube, too stiff a lever, didn’t like the dismounting method, and IMO it is a homely thing.

Excellent explanation of the thought process and reasoning behind your choices.

I didn't recall ever looking at a Griffin ECS so I looked it up. And, found a perfect example of differing tastes.

My first thought was 'wow, that is butt-ugly.' My second observation was 'what, it limits you to only QD attachment?'

For those reason I determined it wasn't the stock for me, despite being impressed with the testing that proves the durability of the stock's design.

This is not meant to be critical, your post did an excellent job of expressing your thoughts on what a stock needs - for you.

To, me this simply emphasizes that one size will never fit all.

uffdaphil
06-20-18, 12:55
Yeah, the B5 is better looking. I’d liken the Griffin to the girl who goes from a 5 to an 8 once you get to know her. Here are the three with similar operation. Sorry I can’t post larger.

Moose-Knuckle
06-20-18, 13:36
Well.. that make the B5 a SUPERIOR stock the . Because it’s on a Colt.

Gee golly Moose!!

It tis a good thing I acquired all my B5's before Colt made this move, now they will probably get hard to find in stock as all the meat eaters will eat them up. :jester:

06-20-18, 19:23
I’m ising a MOE-SL right now and it is nice. Longer than a waffle, and the QD is is a spot that doesn’t rotate.

26 Inf
06-20-18, 20:22
Yeah, the B5 is better looking. I’d liken the Griffin to the girl who goes from a 5 to an 8 once you get to know her. Here are the three with similar operation. Sorry I can’t post larger.

I just laid out rifles with a B5 Bravo, an MOE-SL and an EXOS Ti-7. Then I though aha, maybe I could make a picture:

From left to right (top) B5 Bravo, Magpul MOE SL; (bottom) EXOS Ti-7, GRIFFIN ECS

I prefer the angled rear because it helps get the rifle higher in the shoulder, allowing a more upright head. Without armor I really like the way the EXOS works at the bottom, when you lower the muzzle.

The MOE SL is a little too narrow for me, the B5 and the Ti-7 put me right behind the dot or etched reticle.

I generally use the QD point on the offside of the rifle (left side since I'm a lefty). The B5 is superior for this method since it's QD socket is rotation-limited.

So I'm torn between the B5 and the Ti-7 as to an absolute favorite, neither is absolutely perfect.

26 Inf
06-20-18, 20:31
I’m ising a MOE-SL right now and it is nice. Longer than a waffle, and the QD is is a spot that doesn’t rotate.

I have found that with wider (1.25" vs 1") swivels they don't generally rotate. However, sometimes when you let the rifle hang, it will still rotate.

LookAtYourself
06-20-18, 21:33
there's so many good options these days i can't choose just one.

For me it has to be:

Magpul MOE SL-K
Magpul UBR Gen 2.0
BCM Gunfighter stock MOD 0

Before all this new fancy stuff came out, it was the Magpul CTR. However the three mentioned above have surpassed it in comfort....and looks...(cuz there's no point in having gear unless it looks cool - GarandThumb).

directimpingement
06-20-18, 22:10
I have more CTR's than anything, and they are probably my favorite, but I also have STR's and ACS's. I just don't like the bulk for cheek weld unless it's on an SPR type rifle. I do, however, want to try a UBR on my next AR, because I think it's an interesting concept.

MistWolf
06-23-18, 01:14
My current favorite adjustable stock is a MagPul CTR that I modified. I prefer a buttpad angle that's closer to 90 degrees, so I made a wedge to go between the pad and the stock. Then, I glued a spacer from a Magpul Fixed Length Carbine stock to make the comb just a little longer. This is to keep my face from contacting the aluminum of the RE. The aluminum gets really cold in the winter and it's distracting when my cheek hits the metal. Stocks with wider combs feel awkward to me. The width of the CTR is about right. I don't pay much attention to rattly stocks, but when the locking lever is in place, the CTR fits the RE snugly.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-shgPk8t/0/X2/i-shgPk8t-X2.jpg

Here the CTR is mounted to a Colt 6913
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kx6JgWB/0/X2/i-kx6JgWB-X2.jpg

My second favorite is a modified Magpul SL. I extended the comb of this stock as well for the same reasons. I'm debating whether or not to make a wedge to change the buttstock angle. The SL fits the RE snugly eliminating rattle doesn't rattle and also has a normal width comb.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-nJnDn32/0/X2/i-nJnDn32-X2.jpg

Here it is mounted to a Colt M4A1
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZBLNHc6/0/X2/i-ZBLNHc6-X2.jpg

I learned a trick from a shooting instructor I know to eliminate beard plucking. He cuts bicycle tubing into sections and places them to cover the spot where the front of the stock meets the RE. He said he does this because he looks silly with one side of his 'stache plucked short.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-13-18, 00:43
Magpul ctr is the best imo, basically space age materials, they’re a secret and can deal with extreme conditions

Space age secret materials huh?

Anyways....

I do find the CTR to be a nice stock, but I have always been partial to the fit, quality, and feel of the Sopmod Bravo. I do not know if it contains any space age materials or secrets, but it works well as a stock on a rifle that get's beat up from time to time.

https://i.imgur.com/o5hhmNs.jpg

bigkracka
12-14-18, 09:58
CTR and Imod are my favorites. Magpul hit it out if the park with the CTR and MOE version. I see more of those on rifles than anything. I bet its their best selling stock.

ViniVidivici
12-14-18, 12:10
I haven't used a whole lot of different kinds.

Been running a MFT Battlelink minimalist on my primary for over a year now. Really like it: light, very tight fit on the RE, rubber buttpad so no-slip (important to me). All I need and nothing more.

Gonna be trying out a plain ole'Magpul MOE soon on another build. I like it so far.

ty50
12-14-18, 14:41
Elftman is making a very simple somewhat clever stock.
Not much there, very light. Butpad only
Check out Elftmann triggers site

AkEnabler
12-14-18, 18:06
I've switched to running Magpul SL's pretty much exclusively. I do have 2 LMT sopmods that I like the quality construction and fit of, but not the bulk. For me, I like the simplicity, lightweight, and no nonsense design of the SL. In my experience, the fit is just snug enough on the extension to not rattle and not so tight that it is annoying to adjust when I need to.

MeanCarbine
12-14-18, 19:54
Magpul MOE-SL
B5 Bravo
MFT BMS

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-14-18, 19:55
I'm eating a steak as I type this, rare, just as the good Lord intended for them to be eaten, and I don't like the Rogers Super Stock so that's one more meateater who doesn't like them.

I'm running a CTR with the extended buttpad on my AK. I'm running B5 Bravos on a couple different ARs and I'd have to say they're my preference. For pistols, the SBA3 is the brace that all others should be judged by.

RHINOWSO
12-14-18, 20:04
BCM Gunfighter stocks. The standard ones on RDS rifles, the ones with the wide body on scoped rifles.

Circle_10
12-14-18, 20:11
I've tried a few different types and honestly I kind of like the old CAR style stock the best because of its light weight and compact size. I currently use collapsible stocks on lightweight, iron sighted guns, and use fixed stocks on my heavier, optically sighted ARs , so the CARs work well for what I use them for.
At some point I intend to build an SBR for use with an optic though and will probably give one of the BCM stocks a try.

Black_Sheep
12-14-18, 21:32
Magpul MOE-SL. It's a reasonably priced stock with a good latching system, a no snag contour and a snug fit so it doesn't rattle. Everything you need and nothing you don't...

Pi3
12-14-18, 21:56
I gave away the milspec stock and the BCM stock that came with the rifles, for preety much the same reasons as Doc.
I have had the Magpul CTR stock for a while and got real used to it. Recently got the MOE SL and like it except it is stiff sliding in and out. I prefer the adjustment levers on the CTR with its ease of motion, but the MOE is supposed to be stronger and with less to snag on.

Black_Sheep
12-14-18, 22:12
I gave away the milspec stock and the BCM stock that came with the rifles, for preety much the same reasons as Doc.
I have had the Magpul CTR stock for a while and got real used to it. Recently got the MOE SL and like it except it is stiff sliding in and out. I prefer the adjustment levers on the CTR with its ease of motion, but the MOE is supposed to be stronger and with less to snag on.

The SL I used on my last build was tight too, it got better with use.

Firefly
12-15-18, 04:14
It’s sooooo hard to pick but I’d say it is the CTR with the Crane SOPMOD stock a super close second.

The CTR just works and is great. The SOPMOD makes it feel like an AUG kind of and is great for DMR/SPR.

Potss
12-15-18, 05:51
So many good choices, but the Rogers Super-Stoc (no I didn't forget a K) is probably it.

BOOSTjunkie
12-15-18, 07:59
BCM Gunfighter MOD 0

After running 2x CTRs, STR, ACS, LWRC compact, LMT SOPMOD, A1 (on MK12), I thought the CTR was the best there was. Then I found the BCM. I like the super minimalist design and how narrow it is.

RHINOWSO
12-15-18, 08:36
BCM Gunfighter MOD 0

I like the super minimalist design and how narrow it is.

Don't forget how tough it is too. ;)

Hemoglobin
12-15-18, 10:50
I like the LMT/B5 sopmods. I have tried a CTR and whichever magpul comes close to the sopmod. STR? Also I grew a beard about the time I was going to try a Vltor stock. killed that idea.

TedG
12-15-18, 16:58
I have had a Rogers Super Stock on my N4 for years and I've found it to be high quality, well made, and it does what it's supposed to. I've never been too much for changing just for the sake of changes, so I don't foresee ever replacing it.

JediGuy
12-15-18, 20:09
My SL-K used to be on my SBR, but I moved to the SL-S. Wonderful cheek weld for me, at least. The SL-K is still fine, but I moved it to a lighter weight build that I don’t use as much. Besides these two, by experience has only been with A1 and M4 stocks.

Pi3
12-17-18, 21:26
The good deals and interesting find thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?200439-The-GOOD-DEALs-and-INTERESTING-find-thread!/page78

sgtrock82
12-19-18, 18:45
My absolute favorite in all categories has been the vltor imod, though oddly I dont currently have one. I gave it to my nephew and replaced it with an emod that plays nicer with the original vltor a5 tube. The imod is just sexier looking IMO, which of course doesnt affect anything but me.

As for the EMOD I cant find a single useful thing that actually fits in its nifty storage box. I do however have a small "victory"cigar and matches in the battery tubes.

I really like the cheekweld weld I get with vltor stocks behind my acog. They pull my chin whiskers occasionally but most others have too.

For my MRO equipped gun I pulled a 180. I once stated the BCM mod 0 had the ergos of a 2x4. It still does, but for whatever reason It puts me right on my sights vs. the couple other common stocks I had at hand. Not that the others wouldnt work, they all worked fine. It just felt like the whole combo of me the gun just clicked into place. This one takes its toll on facial hair in my experience. Not a show stopper but I may try the inner tube suggestion posted earlier.

I also have a 6520 with a waffle stock. Ive never once thought negatively on the stock.... The A2 grip? Not so much.

I Once loved a CTR. It was a great stock and Id have one again. But I will add in my experience it wouldnt positively lock on my krylon'd receiver extension, and would pop loose in 2-3 shots. No big deal really. Truthfully I didnt notice this for many months, which told me all I needed to know about how little stock wobble affected me.

LOL the "meat eater"

Double LOL Did some above actually conspire to hang 3 magpul d60s off his braced AR pistol?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Jellybean
12-19-18, 23:43
Magpul STR FTW.

Have had a factory adjustable, MOE, BCM, ACS, B5/Sopmod-type and STR.
The ACS rocked my socks, but I never used any of the storage areas aside from battery compartment, and the lack of sling points annoyed me.
Then the STR came out- more sling options, a little less weight/length than the ACS, and overall balances the rifle it's on "just right", cheek weld is like putting your head on a pillow and I've always had good results with sight eye alignment.

IF I was to switch to anything more minimalistic, I am never going back to an MOE or other round-tube type adjustable if I can help it, but I would definitely like to try the Magpul Slimline at some point.

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-20-18, 07:45
I Once loved a CTR. It was a great stock and Id have one again. But I will add in my experience it wouldnt positively lock on my krylon'd receiver extension, and would pop loose in 2-3 shots. No big deal really. Truthfully I didnt notice this for many months, which told me all I needed to know about how little stock wobble affected me.

There's a quick fix for that. Drive the roll pin on the latch out and take the latch off. There are metal tabs inside and they can be bent inward to prevent it from popping loose again.

Outlander Systems
12-20-18, 19:39
I’ve noticed that the more meat I eat, the more I keep returning to the Rogers Super-Stoc.

-The Civ

Pi3
12-20-18, 22:01
I had a salad for lunch the other day and got a craving to get back that BCM stock I gave away. If only it:cool: was easier to adjsut.

pipboy344
12-20-18, 22:52
I don’t like collapsing stock, but if I had to i’m partial to the old fashioned CAR stock. I like it flat, not angled like M4 stocks, and never saw the point of adding a sling mount.

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-22-18, 12:54
I don’t like collapsing stock, but if I had to i’m partial to the old fashioned CAR stock. I like it flat, not angled like M4 stocks, and never saw the point of adding a sling mount.

The point of a sling mount is so you can mount a sling. #meateaterthings

pipboy344
12-22-18, 13:11

They just wrapped them around then & they wrap them around now. Never seen anyone use that hook.

Outlander Systems
12-22-18, 14:05
False. Meateaters don’t even need slings because their muscles never get tired from holding a gun.

MistWolf
12-22-18, 14:11
Meateaters don’t even need slings because their muscles never get tired from holding a gun...

...especially one as puny as the M4

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-22-18, 15:57
False. Meateaters don’t even need slings because their muscles never get tired from holding a gun.

You ever tried making love to an entire village of women while holding a carbine?

VIP3R 237
12-22-18, 16:01
I keep going to the B5 bravo or the Magpul STR. I don’t mind the CTR or the BCM either

You ever tried making love to an entire village of women while holding a carbine?

If you get tired you can rest the mag on their back when doing doggy (;

chef8489
12-22-18, 18:45
I am all about the sopmod. Really like the feel and weight. It is comfortable and love the slope of the cheek.

ALCOAR
12-22-18, 19:09
I am all about the sopmod. Really like the feel and weight. It is comfortable and love the slope of the cheek.

Agreed. In today's market, many great stocks exist, however not too terribly long ago the options were much more limited. The LMT SOPMOD was the first stock I can remember shooting, and instantly feeling huge improvements in over an OEM Colt stock.

It has great utility for both 1x shooting and magnified optic shooting. Cheek weld is perfect in my book. The slight added weight vs. others is something I too like. The thing feels more robust than other stocks of this nature.

I only use SOPMODs, and UBRs on my ARs these days. The UBR is awesome for a precision AR, and it's toughness is second to none. Outside of the weight which can be advantageous on some rifles, the UBR is perfect.

ETA: In fairness I forgot to mention the only negative I've found with the SOPMOD....shooting prone off a bipod for example, and when using your hand to micro adjust and secure the toe portion of the SOPMOD, you can either bump the latch if not carefully positioned, or the latch portion can recoil into your hand, which can hurt/pinch a bit when using it on a .308 AR for example. People solve the potential accidental releasing of the latch by adding a block b/t the stock and latch during prone shooting (SOPMOD owners will know what area this is).

Corse
12-22-18, 19:48
Agreed. In today's market, many great stocks exist, however not too terribly long ago the options were much more limited. The LMT SOPMOD was the first stock I can remember shooting, and instantly feeling huge improvements in over an OEM Colt stock.

It has great utility for both 1x shooting and magnified optic shooting. Cheek weld is perfect in my book. The slight added weight vs. others is something I too like. The thing feels more robust than other stocks of this nature.

I only use SOPMODs, and UBRs on my ARs these days. The UBR is awesome for a precision AR, and it's toughness is second to none. Outside of the weight which can be advantageous on some rifles, the UBR is perfect.

ETA: In fairness I forgot to mention the only negative I've found with the SOPMOD....shooting prone off a bipod for example, and when using your hand to micro adjust and secure the toe portion of the SOPMOD, you can either bump the latch if not carefully positioned, or the latch portion can recoil into your hand, which can hurt/pinch a bit when using it on a .308 AR for example. People solve the potential accidental releasing of the latch by adding a block b/t the stock and latch during prone shooting (SOPMOD owners will know what area this is).

Or it releases under recoil and you take a 308 punch to the noggin. No more SOPMODs on precision guns for me.

ALCOAR
12-22-18, 20:05
Or it releases under recoil and you take a 308 punch to the noggin. No more SOPMODs on precision guns for me.

Your saying just shooting the rifle without it bumping your hand under the unique situation I described above released a SOPMOD under recoil?

Corse
12-23-18, 06:24
Your saying just shooting the rifle without it bumping your hand under the unique situation I described above released a SOPMOD under recoil?

No. When shooting prone and trying to support the rear of the rifle. Other then that, it is great.

Straight Shooter
12-23-18, 06:59

My fav too...but its a beard-hair pulling SOB, Ill tell you that much.

Evan_O
12-23-18, 17:53
BCM Gunfighter MOD 0

After running 2x CTRs, STR, ACS, LWRC compact, LMT SOPMOD, A1 (on MK12), I thought the CTR was the best there was. Then I found the BCM. I like the super minimalist design and how narrow it is.

I could not have said it better myself. The CTR was my go to until I tried the BCM. I really appreciate how lightweight it is and the cheek weld works for me.

irondude
12-23-18, 21:02
My go to stock is Magpul STR. I also have a couple rifles with LMT SOPMOD stocks that I also like.

Moose-Knuckle
12-24-18, 05:30
My fav too...but its a beard-hair pulling SOB, Ill tell you that much.

Where on the stock are your lady ticklers getting snagged?

Fatorangecat
12-24-18, 06:51
Can any of you recommend a gluten free option?

pag23
12-24-18, 13:20
I have a CTR and a few BCM Mod 0...I like them both. The BCM gives me a little more check weld than the CTR..

shep854
12-28-18, 07:41
Interesting that the MFT Minimalist stock wasn't mentioned until page 12, though I've seen photos of them in the wild. I still have the original 'GI' style on my rifle, but I'm looking at options, with the MFT offering topping my list. They all get the job done, but it's nice to have options.

Pacific5th
12-28-18, 14:53
I just picked up a rifle with a MagPul SL K stock. I thought it would be to small but I really like it. It’s pretty tight also with no rail. I’ll need to add a sling mount to it but otherwise it’s one of my favorites.

Mygrainman
01-01-19, 09:58
Depending on the gun... If I wanna keep it light,simple, and cheap.... I really like the MFT minimalist with a Paracord wrap across the bottom... never know when an extra 2 yards of cord might come in handy
On my bigger heavier builds like SPR/DMR etc that I primarily shoot from a bipod or off the bench....I like the ACS... a little more LOP just in case, a trap door to keep a bore snake, and an excellent cheek weld for my ruggedly handsome facial structure...
There are so many different options and many left to try.
It is the easiest part to change, and I tend to swap them around a lot.

GHMann
01-01-19, 10:09
I'm using STRs and CTRs on all mine. The do the job.

shep854
01-04-19, 21:39
I finally broke down and bought an MFT Minimalist stock, and really like it! The GI stock is good, but the MFT is actually comfortable! It is tight, so installation was a bit of a chore and changing settings is deliberate, but it doesn't rattle, so it's a win all around.

Alexj1206
01-04-19, 22:48
I finally broke down and bought an MFT Minimalist stock, and really like it! The GI stock is good, but the MFT is actually comfortable! It is tight, so installation was a bit of a chore and changing settings is deliberate, but it doesn't rattle, so it's a win all around.

It’s a great stock and it looks good too!

shep854
01-05-19, 07:01
It’s a great stock and it looks good too!

When I first saw them, I thought they looked weird--I'm rather traditional when it comes to appearances. Also, I'm not in a hurry to mod my guns; I want them to be practical, not just 'because'. It's easy to visualize a box or two of extra AR gadgets... :p

3 AE
01-05-19, 23:54
Started out with a 6920 back in the Fall of 2010. Was fine with the mil-spec stock until I took a class the following Summer. Shooting over 400 rounds one afternoon in 95+ degrees in a sweat soaked t-shirt was no fun. The hard edge of the stock kept digging into my shoulder pocket and annoyed the hell out of me. At the time, the Magpul MOE line of furniture was a very economical upgrade. Having the rubber butt pad made all the difference in comfort and have stuck with the MOE for both of my general purpose ARs. It checks the boxes for an adjustable, comfortable, and inexpensive stock from a very reputable manufacturer.

ajyaros
01-06-19, 13:10
I’ve got an lmt sopmod gen1 right now on a pws buffet system. No complaints but I’ve always wanted to try an a2 stock. The big cheeeeeese. Thinking about building another lower with rifle buffer and a2. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/08e39fd756c9bc103f91489308f6f8b8.jpg

Agnostic
01-06-19, 14:10
The second complete lower I bought was a BCM lower from G & R Tactical that came with a B5 Bravo stock. I liked it a lot and have stuck B5 Bravo stocks on my other lowers. I have been very curious about the Magpul MOE SL stock and the BCM Sopmod stock and think I will try one of those on the next lower I buy.

MistWolf
01-06-19, 18:59
I’ve got an lmt sopmod gen1 right now on a pws buffet system.[/IMG]
Gets you all you can eat while shooting? Must be handy when attending a carbine class. Don't even have to leave the range for lunch!

SouthwestAviator
01-07-19, 07:03
I've always been partial to the Magpul CTR and the LMT SOPMOD stock. The CTR is probably the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

aznginf
01-07-19, 12:09
Where can I get this "buffet stock" and is there fried chicken?

shep854
01-07-19, 17:54
Where can I get this "buffet stock" and is there fried chicken?

Maybe an edible stock for an emergency? That would be a new take on a 'survival rifle'. :) Deluxe models could have storage compartments for condiments... ;)

peabody
04-26-23, 01:44
I like the plain old simple M-4 six position carbine stock.

ACE31
04-27-23, 14:35
Went from Vltor (great stocks) to B5s only due to facial hair. :sad:

jdgiii
04-27-23, 19:46

This is the reason I am changing all of my stocks from BCM and Magpul stocks to the Crane Sopmod style stocks. Started sporting a beard after retirement and this particular style of stock is just long enough that I don’t get hair ripped from my face. Call me a puddin pop, but that is no fun.

ETA: They also offer a little counter weight to balance muzzle heavy guns.

gaijin
04-27-23, 20:16
B5, BCM

TehLlama
04-27-23, 21:17
After all of this, having messing with a lot of things (including the UBR, which is still truly excellent for what it is)...
I find myself back at the ACS, with an honorable mention nod to the EMOD with stickers on it to keep it from consuming my beard.

The B5/SOPMODs are great, but for my wife they're brilliant, and that's just where they live now, I'm just partial to the contoured shoulder pad face, and simpler setup on the longer stuff since I run most everything on an A5 RE anyway

utahjeepr
04-29-23, 09:23

This is the reason I am changing all of my stocks from BCM and Magpul stocks to the Crane Sopmod style stocks. Started sporting a beard after retirement and this particular style of stock is just long enough that I don’t get hair ripped from my face. Call me a puddin pop, but that is no fun.

ETA: They also offer a little counter weight to balance muzzle heavy guns.

I put tape over the offending seam on the Vltor. I've also seen guys fill it with silicone or some such. But yeah, the "Vltor flinch" can kinda suck. I've got a couple that I'm too cheap/lazy to get rid of, and they are pretty good stocks. Fortunately the tape works just fine for me. I don't buy them anymore but it has "fixed" the ones I have.

One More Time
04-29-23, 10:13
I like the EMOD, doesn't seem to grab my beard no matter how long it gets.
Of the others I have I like the Magpul SL too. I swapped that whole thing out for an A2 though.

HKGuns
04-29-23, 10:58
Magpul CTR.

Simple, light, streamlined and locks.

Uncas47
04-29-23, 11:00
Imod fanboy, zero beard pull. I can supply a list of stocks that work a hardship on the right side of my stash. Also luv me some Colt or LMT waffles. I fancy the look of the N1 on the gun but don't much like shooting it.

ZGXtreme
05-01-23, 07:52
LMT since the beginning. Any future purchases will go B5.

TMS951
05-01-23, 08:17
CTR and the SOPMOD.

I have found the sopmod, often but not always closes down all the way on an A5 extension with then buttstock removed.

CTR is nice light and simple. Has a QD and reasonablely tight lock up. I use it on all my carbine length reviver extensions.

I wanted to like the BCM stock and really don’t at all.

markm
05-01-23, 11:41
I fancy the look of the N1 on the gun but don't much like shooting it.

Same here. I've grown accustomed to a nice rubber butt bad. I have one older Vltor Imod with no butt pad, but I can't bring myself to upgrade to the current version because it's still a good stock.

Uncas47
05-01-23, 14:29
Same here. I've grown accustomed to a nice rubber butt bad. I have one older Vltor Imod with no butt pad, but I can't bring myself to upgrade to the current version because it's still a good stock.
Thin clothing gets a rubber butt pad for sure, thick clothing gets slick. With my short arms it doesn't take much clothing to hang a rubber butt plate, but I like how they keep the stock from dancing around in the shoulder pocket. Sometimes I use a Sopmod all the way in and make that work, just depends.

SteveL
05-01-23, 16:57
I've always been partial to the Vltor EMOD, or the IMOD if I'm really trying to save weight. I recently grew a beard for the 1st time so we'll see if they continue to be my favorite.

titsonritz
05-01-23, 23:27
B5 Bravo and BCM Mod 0 are my typical goto stocks with a little LMT SOPMOD and waffle sprinkled in there. One Magpul PRS I'll probably end up switching a B5 CPS and one A1 (don't recall the type but not A or E).

titsonritz
05-01-23, 23:29
I've always been partial to the Vltor EMOD, or the IMOD if I'm really trying to save weight. I recently grew a beard for the 1st time so we'll see if they continue to be my favorite.

I've always like the looks of Vltor stocks but never tried one due to that rep and my manly facial hair.

Uncas47
05-02-23, 09:12
Just take one off the gun and rub it on your face and see if anything on that stock pulls your beard, if not then put it back on the gun and see if it pulls. Lots of stocks will pull from the front where the stock wraps the tube, A lot depends on where your cheek weld puts your face, if your beard straddles that joint there is a good chance you will feel it. I dislike BCM Mod Os but like Vltor, go figure.

Edit; my box of shame overflowith with butt stocks.

Sidneyious
05-02-23, 12:45
Magpul Moe, adj and rifle.
I'm cheap and they do a lot of work.

No beard issues.

SteveL
05-02-23, 13:13
Just take one off the gun and rub it on your face and see if anything on that stock pulls your beard, if not then put it back on the gun and see if it pulls. Lots of stocks will pull from the front where the stock wraps the tube, A lot depends on where your cheek weld puts your face, if your beard straddles that joint there is a good chance you will feel it. I dislike BCM Mod Os but like Vltor, go figure.

Edit; my box of shame overflowith with butt stocks.

I'll have to try that. Thanks.

davidjinks
05-04-23, 14:21
My top 2 go to stocks; LMT SOPMOD and Colt waffle stock.

I’ve got 2 Magpul stocks I’m trying out right now. I like them, but still not sure if they’d replace what I currently use.

ViniVidivici
05-05-23, 14:38
My preferred is the MFT Minimalist.

I like my MOEs too though, once I figured a simple trick to tighten 'em up.

I use Seal-All (like ShooGoo) to glue a 1" piece of old worn hacksaw blade into the bottom of the opening of the stock, the squared area, where it slides onto the RE.

Acts as a shim, and they lock up rock solid in any position.

And hell yes, rubber butt pad all the things, no slipping.

Uncas47
05-05-23, 15:57

I use Seal-All (like ShooGoo) to glue a 1" piece of old worn hacksaw blade into the bottom of the opening of the stock, the squared area, where it slides onto the RE.

And hell yes, rubber butt pad all the things, no slipping.

Awesome tip, been using tape in that spot with mixed results. There's always a better idea out there.

Sidneyious
05-05-23, 16:10

And hell yes, rubber butt pad all the things, no slipping.Just get some sticky Velcro or a strip of electrical tape to the buffer tube(on the top)

I personally don't care about the movement on my moes

Uncas47
05-05-23, 17:54
Just get some sticky Velcro or a strip of electrical tape to the buffer tube(on the top)

Deleted

ViniVidivici
05-05-23, 21:13
Just get some sticky Velcro or a strip of electrical tape to the buffer tube(on the top)

No, that would work like shit, and not last long with the stock being adjusted back and forth, not to mention heat/moisture having negative effects on it. But that would only be a problem for those of us who actually use our guns.

Sidneyious
05-06-23, 06:05
No, that would work like shit, and not last long with the stock being adjusted back and forth, not to mention heat/moisture having negative effects on it. But that would only be a problem for those of us who actually use our guns.10 years of use and not once did I have to keep adjusting my stock.
It goes to one spot and stays there.

ViniVidivici
05-06-23, 10:17
I'm sure you're as HSLD as they come. Rock on.

Sidneyious
05-06-23, 10:53
I'm sure you're as HSLD as they come. Rock on.Oh sorry I'm going prone let me adjust my stock real quick.

Oh time to ruck? let me just adjust my stock real quick.

Storage/transfer? let me just adjust my stock real quick.

Oh sorry hooligan who just kicked in my door, let me adjust my stock real quick before I chamber a round after digging out my many daily options from the safe that never see daylight.

ViniVidivici
05-06-23, 11:05
:sarcastic:

Uncas47
05-06-23, 16:31
Different clothing/kit, in or out of vehicles, in or out of gun cases or range boxes, different sling setups, eye relieve with various optics or irons, even different stocks, but whatever.

Sidneyious
05-07-23, 14:44
Different clothing/kit, in or out of vehicles, in or out of gun cases or range boxes, different sling setups, eye relieve with various optics or irons, even different stocks, but whatever.

how many of your setups are longer or shorter length of pull than it is from an a2 stock.

Uncas47
05-07-23, 19:00
how many of your setups are longer or shorter length of pull than it is from an a2 stock.
It only matters to me, you do you.

Diamondback
05-07-23, 20:27

Remember, short people DO exist--I'm 5'6" and I usually have to ratchet a SOPMOD right up to the receiver. Granted, I have other shoulder and torso-shape issues that I usually end up chicken-winging with the stock in a crooked elbow, but... Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. IIRC, A2 was designed specifically to address complaints of the longer armed...

NYH1
05-11-23, 21:42
I like the B5 Bravo Stock. Just fits me good.

NYH1.

NYH1
05-11-23, 21:43
I like the B5 Bravo Stock. Just fits me good.

NYH1.

b_saan
05-11-23, 23:30
EMOD is my long time favorite and the ACS-L is my current crush though I still have plenty of CTRs and UBRs running around. Never been attracted to the MFT Minimalists, B5 or LMT.

LivingtheHistoryM1
05-17-23, 12:01
I used to have a MOE on my AR for about six or seven years. I got a B5 Bravo last year and I will never go back. Great stock for the money. Sturdy, balances the rifle well, and has a good butt pad.

B Cart
05-17-23, 12:03
I have magpul, BCM, and other brands, but i just like the simple B5 Bravo stock the best.

tcecil88
05-17-23, 13:45
My personal favorite was the ERGO F93 PRO. Expensive and heavy, but solid lockup. No wobble or pulling out your chin whiskers. Sadly, I believe it was discontinued.

JediGuy
05-17-23, 16:31
I have magpul, BCM, and other brands, but i just like the simple B5 Bravo stock the best.

For a general purpose stock, this really is the answer.

titsonritz
05-17-23, 21:33
For a general purpose stock, this really is the answer.

I agree

BangBang77
05-21-23, 15:47
I run Colt N1 CAR stocks on two rifles with Aimpoints. I run the B5 Sopmod on my Mk12 and one other rifle with a Razor 1-6.

For magnified optics, I prefer the cheekweld and LOP of the B5 Sopmod. Everything else gets the N1 as cheekweld and LOP isn’t as critical.

shooter45
05-21-23, 21:35
LMT Sopmod stocks are my favorite with the cheek weld it provides and how tight they fit. Only downfall to me is the cost as they're not cheap. The B5 Sopmod is the solution for a much cheaper price.