PDA

View Full Version : New here

gaigeboyd
05-22-18, 09:21
Been reading for a while and finally made an account. I'm starting my first ar build (just the lower) and thought this would be a good place. Currently have a savage msr stripped lower, a castle nut, a kak blade and buffer. Will be building a pistol. Only other ar I have right now is a smith sport 2. Excited to be here

MistWolf
05-22-18, 12:34
Welcome aboard.

I know you already have a KAK Shockwave, but I think you should take a close look at the SB Tactical SBA3 before building your pistol.

gaigeboyd
05-22-18, 12:54
Those are nice braces. I got the kak since it was a good price and within my budget. I got the blade, castle nut and kak give for 50 dollars. I need to get a lower parts kit but unexpected dog surgery just put that on hold :(

titsonritz
05-22-18, 13:15
Welcome aboard. When you're ready here are the parts you'll need.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/28-lower-receiver-parts

HeruMew
05-22-18, 14:40
Welcome aboard. When you're ready here are the parts you'll need.

http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/28-lower-receiver-parts

Gotta agree, those parts kits are priced pretty damn well.

Coming from a dude who just suffered a brain hemorrhage when spending what I did on my BCM kit, Sionics looks to be offering an equally good product for a good price.

gaigeboyd
05-23-18, 08:08
I'm hoping I can get a lower parts kit soon. I've had this stripped lower for so long haha

gaigeboyd
05-23-18, 10:12
What are the odds someone here has a spare lpk they no longer need? Lmao

Stickman
05-23-18, 13:02

Same odds as someone having an extra $50-75 they don't need....

HeruMew
05-23-18, 13:08

M4C, hold mah beer, I got this.

Many, many, MANY of us will have spare parts kits. Some of us will not as they're busy being built into rifles.

In the most polite way: 5 posts, and that question has me wondering how long you've really perused these forums. These types of questions are rarely tolerated and left to be.

The main reason: If you can't afford to fill the guts of a lower, how can you afford to feed it?

This community is a huge resource. An amazing group of folks from a plethora of backgrounds. From the 4-5-6-7+ Figure Salaries; Industry Experts, Doctors, Trainers, Laborers, Joe Schmos, white collar, blue collar, etc; as someone who has given many Pay It Forwards, and received some myself, I can promise you that none of mine were asked for, and none of what I gave was asked for. It's not how it works here.

You might find someone who is willing to give out a spare kit; I wouldn't doubt it, but, without context/background/understanding, it just appears to be pandering when at such a low post count, double posting about it. It's just not the best way to approach a situation where you stand to gain from your request without earning that within the community.

Welcome to M4C and posting; I hope you understand this isn't meant to scold, demean, or what-have-you. I think you'll find many agree with my rhetoric. Some would say that asking is no harm-no-foul; I believe that you will get a little sarcastic rhetoric Stick beat my post, this is what you should expect. for that kind of request in the coming 12 hours, nonetheless.

Save that Money, homie. Even PSA has kits with FCG for around 60 on sale. Stag has full kits with FCG at around 35 dollars 3-4 times a year.

Memorial Day is on Monday, there will be enough deals to get heads spinning.

(However, another member posted a great deal for around 80 for a Sionics Deluxe parts kit. Good stuff to be had there, without a doubt, for a great price)

RHINOWSO
05-23-18, 13:09

Streetcorners are better locations for begging.

If you don't have $50 for a LPK, you don't have money for ammo, so you don't really need a LPK.

HeruMew
05-23-18, 13:22
I think I may have given too much benefit of the doubt. At 10:09 he posted in the PIF Forums Thread asking for stuff too.

I mean, the rules are in the first page of that thread.

RHINOWSO
05-23-18, 13:24
So, **** this guy then.

Leaveammoforme
05-23-18, 13:25
Same odds as someone having an extra $50-75 they don't need....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

titsonritz
05-23-18, 13:28

I don't usually buy LPK for myself because there are only five parts I would need due to my "preferred" parts list, but I plan to buy 2 or 3 just to have around, just cuz.

RobertTheTexan
05-23-18, 13:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

I don't doubt that this was actually his take-away bro. lol

I think I may have given too much benefit of the doubt. At 10:09 he posted in the PIF Forums Thread asking for stuff too.

I mean, the rules are in the first page of that thread.

You did - but that's because you're a good dude. Seriously. You do try to help folks out. But I find it hard to read someone has been reading the forum for awhile and then just bust out asking for free shit. What does he think this is? Holiday Inn Express?

https://s20.postimg.cc/oydd3fwwt/felicia.jpg

Stickman
05-23-18, 14:08
I barely have anything, I think you guys should take pity on me since I've been here longer and send me lots of stuff. I would like to point out that I'm getting ready to head over and pick up my new Fortis upper and lower receiver set, but that doesn't change that I have barely anything, and you should all feel bad for me.

Give to the Stick foundation. Give til it hurts....

Moose-Knuckle
05-23-18, 14:47
I don't usually buy LPK for myself because there are only five parts I would need due to my "preferred" parts list, but I plan to buy 2 or 3 just to have around, just cuz.

I remember the great Obama panics, DD LPKs were going for two to three times what they normally would and that is when you could find them. There was a period of a year or more where I never saw LPKs available, online or in brick and mortars. That and BCG's and their components.

Buy'em cheap and stack'em deep boys.

One day you'll look back at this time and have regrets.

titsonritz
05-23-18, 14:57
I remember the great Obama panics, DD LPKs were going for two to three times what they normally would and that is when you could find them. There was a period of a year or more where I never saw LPKs available, online or in brick and mortars. That and BCG's and their components.

Buy'em cheap and stack'em deep boys.

One day you'll look back at this time and have regrets.

Yep, LPK, BCG, mags & lowers > gold

RHINOWSO
05-23-18, 15:08
Yep, LPK, BCG, mags & lowers > gold

I remember $300 plus BCM BCGs, $40 PMAGS, etc.

SeriousStudent
05-23-18, 19:31

I'm not laughing, and neither is anyone else.