PDA

View Full Version : Ubr on a Rifle

sjc3081
10-23-08, 16:45
I am putting a UBR on my 20" Colt Flat top.
What Spring and weight buffer should I order and what sling mount for the rear ?
The main purpose for this rifle is for personal security and Homeland defense. My shtf ammo is Win M855
Thanks Steven.

rykyard
10-23-08, 18:11
I am putting a UBR on my 20" Colt Flat top.
What Spring and weight buffer should I order and what sling mount for the rear ?
Thanks Steven.

This a rifle length gas system? If so then standard "everything" as the standard was designed around this system, heavier buffers, different extractor inserts, etc are designs for shorter systems. I'm no kind of SME on this though....

as for the ordering a rear sling mount... not sure what you mean, the UBR has 5 possible positions to mount a sling built in.

sjc3081
10-23-08, 18:49
So a Vickers two point sling mounts directly on the UBR ? So you are saying just use a Carbine standard buffer. Rifle gas system and a Grant black insert and O ring.
thanks

rykyard
10-23-08, 19:29
So a Vickers two point sling mounts directly on the UBR ?

yes, 4 of the points on the UBR are for QD swivel attachments you will have to buy the QD swivel if you didn't get them with your sling and want to use these options, the 5th point allows for attachment of the sling by slipping it through a loop on the stock itself, no additional equipment needed.

So you are saying just use a Carbine standard buffer. Rifle gas system and a Grant black insert and O ring.

Standard carbine buffer, yes. I also think the blue extractor insert is for full length gas systems, the black is shorter gas systems. Again, I'm not an expert hopefully a more knowledge person will correct me if I'm off track.

NickB
10-23-08, 21:07
The correct carbine buffer for a rifle length gas system is the H2. Use any standard carbine buffer spring.

sjc3081
10-23-08, 21:21
Thank you Nick B

NickB
10-23-08, 21:23
Thank you Nick B

No problem. For reference, my comment is based on my own high speed video testing, and the research conducted by Colt Canada and the Canadian military for their C7A2 rifle.

Parabellum9x19mm
10-23-08, 21:32
is the H buffer "correct" for middies? that's what i prefer.

i also have gone back to the CAR buffer for my CAR gas systems, because i don't get consistent BHO lock-back with the H buffer, even with 5.56 ammo and magpul gen iii followers.

sjc3081
10-23-08, 21:34
Nick being I have you here what do you reccommend for sling mounts and locations,Vickers two point VCA sling. I have standard plastic front handguards.

rykyard
10-23-08, 22:48
No problem. For reference, my comment is based on my own high speed video testing, and the research conducted by Colt Canada and the Canadian military for their C7A2 rifle.

Subject matter expert and the manufacturer, now that's good stuff. I should have kept my trap shut. :D