PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Question

jimtc
10-23-08, 16:49
Looking at this model:

N4 Light Carbine, Low Profile, with VIS

In the description they say that the flash suppressor is permanently attached. This is a 14.5" barrel, and my question: does the permanently fixed flash suppressor extend the barrel length to have it considered a longer barrel, so I won't have to buy the 16" barrel version?

Thanks!

Abraxas
10-23-08, 16:55
Yes, but I would consider the 16" version were I you. It would be a mid gas system and mildly improved ballistics over a 14.5.

jimtc
11-21-08, 18:08
Don't they both have gas systems?

My next question:

I know that Noveske isn't accepting orders right now, but:

Should I get the 14.5" Afghan 5.56mm Rifle with VIS, or the N4 Light Carbine, Low Profile, with VIS?

Weight really isn't a concern, as they are close already, and price isn't a factor either. I just want a good, reliable gun that will last me 25+ years, and, lets say, more than 30,000 rounds. I plan on actually shooting this weapon, and getting good with it, after I get it.

Thanks for the help, Jim

austinN4
11-21-08, 18:31
Don't they both have gas systems?
Yes, but what Abraxas was saying is that the 14.5" is a carbine length gas system, whereas the 16" is a mid-length gas system.

jimtc
11-21-08, 20:24
Yes, but what Abraxas was saying is that the 14.5" is a carbine length gas system, whereas the 16" is a mid-length gas system.

OK thanks. What are the main differences between the guns I mentioned. Just the barrel?