PDA

View Full Version : Cole's Distributing (CDI SALES) fire. Total loss

Arik
05-30-18, 09:32
I'm not sure how many people here are into surplus firearms but those who are probably know Cole's Distributing, also known as CDI Sales on gun broker. Well Cole's had a huge warehouse fire and is a total loss. Figured I'd pass it along

This is Roger W. from CDI. Gary Cole was my friend for over 25 years. At my friends request - I have been running CDI for the past 3+ years (9 months prior to Gary's death in 2015).

As many of you already know we experienced a catastrophic fire of our main warehouse and office on the morning of May 15th. We lost all of our firearms inventory in the fire. Total loss. We lost all computers and the majority of our records in the fire. Our phone system was a VOIP system - destroyed - that is why no one is answering phones or returning messages.

The heirs to Gary Cole's estate have decided not to continue in the firearms business.

The last of the credit card refunds should have been processed today. I wish that we could have gotten these out sooner - but we did the best we could under the circumstances. Receipts were supposed to have been sent to the email accounts on file with Gunbroker when the refunds were processed. If you are one of the many waiting for CC refunds - please check your accounts.

Money Orders: As all of the sales paperwork burned up in the fire - we have been unable to determine a method to process refunds that we alone can initiate. Unfortunately, I think your quickest method of refund is to take your receipt stub back to the Post Office and apply for a refund. If the PO says that your MO has been cashed - contact us at cdisales01@gmail.com with a scanned copy of the PO rejection of refund statement. There is no quick or easy answer here.

I will monitor this thread and do the best I can to answer some questions. Please email the cdisales01@gmail.com from this point for specific inquires.

I want to personally thank you all for your business. I wish this story were ending differently for CDI. Change is part of life - and we are not ultimately in charge of it.

God Bless!
Roger W.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gaijin
05-30-18, 11:17
Doesn’t sound too awkward....

Moose-Knuckle
05-31-18, 05:37
Hmm, I have done business with Cope's Distributing but not Cole's.

That sucks.

Arik
05-31-18, 05:48
Hmm, I have done business with Cope's Distributing but not Cole's.

That sucks.Cole's was mainly into imports. Had nice AK kits in the late 90s l. Today I believe they had 16 pages on GB, mainly Israeli surplus S&W, HP, CZ, Beretta...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gaijin
05-31-18, 06:11
They were a good source for import P-35/BHP's.
Always had Israeli surplus guns.

MountainRaven
05-31-18, 13:15
Another source of Browning Hi-Powers bites the dust.