PDA

View Full Version : What a California gun store looks like...

markm
05-31-18, 18:46
For those of us who often take our freedom for granted....

Pappabear sent this horrific images from his trip to Calitardia

https://i.imgur.com/hDPkbs5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/alpKl1a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OUgtycn.jpg

ABNAK
05-31-18, 18:56
I just don't know what to say.......:bad:

SiGfever
05-31-18, 19:01
It just proves how stupid liberals are, how in the hell can those stocks make the rifle less lethal?

flenna
05-31-18, 19:13
It just proves how stupid liberals are, how in the hell can those stocks make the rifle less lethal?

And those Mini-14's are definitely less lethal than a full fledged AR-15. It wouldn't bother me to get shot at with one of those....:rolleyes::confused:

ABNAK
05-31-18, 19:14
And those Mini-14's are definitely less lethal than a full fledged AR-15. It wouldn't bother me to get shot at with one of those....:rolleyes::confused:

Except of course at distance and then you just might not be hit with one. :rolleyes:

MistWolf
05-31-18, 19:24
Turner's Outdoorsman?

If he's near the Santa Monica/West L.A. area, ask him if he'd swing by Martin B. Rettings and snap a few photos. That was a great shop, back in the day and I'm wondering how they're faring.

Pappabear
05-31-18, 20:45
Second Amendment Sports. Very nice place plus range. Great prices a lot of unique items. But I was like “ what is this “ the guy said “oh you live in a Free state”.

I couldn’t even get my grip inside the MWS. I mean my hand would not fit in the grip. I asked why not put on a m16 stock”? You can Then why the abortion ??Thats how bad they got in their minds.

It was a “ I LOVE MY STATE “ moment.

For you other guys, hang in there we feel for you.

PB

elephant
06-01-18, 00:16
Those non tactical stocks slow the bullet velocity down to the same performance of a paint ball.

Wake27
06-01-18, 01:31
Its not quite that bad here, but I do feel pretty restricted by having to get a permit just to buy anything. That and how on edge I am when I'm going to or from a range and actually have a gun in my Jeep.

miyagi
06-01-18, 02:22
Those non tactical stocks slow the bullet velocity down to the same performance of a paint ball.

Slow or fast, bullet hitting the right place will kill a person. It still makes no sense.

markm
06-01-18, 08:16
Its not quite that bad here, but I do feel pretty restricted by having to get a permit just to buy anything. That and how on edge I am when I'm going to or from a range and actually have a gun in my Jeep.

We roll down the street with a loaded, suppressed SBR on the seat and think nothing of it.

Pappabear
06-01-18, 09:02
Slow or fast, bullet hitting the right place will kill a person. It still makes no sense.

LMFAO he was just bullshotting.

Pappabear
06-01-18, 09:05

I feel you man. I went to this store because my buddy takes me there. And in a SUV, it’s difficult to sepetate the bullets “locked in trunk” away from guns. Which is another such law.

Wake27
06-01-18, 09:41
We roll down the street with a loaded, suppressed SBR on the seat and think nothing of it.

Ha, rub it in.

I feel you man. I went to this store because my buddy takes me there. And in a SUV, it’s difficult to sepetate the bullets “locked in trunk” away from guns. Which is another such law.

Yeah, here too. I don’t think nearly as many of the cops here are as anti-gun as CA, but that’s just a guess. It’ll be nice to get back to a free state soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9mm_shooter
06-01-18, 11:55
You must be feeling so safe, now that those dangerous features have been made illegal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

vicious_cb
06-01-18, 12:02
Coming to a gun store near you.

9mm_shooter
06-01-18, 13:03
Coming to a gun store near you.

The whole country is heading in that direction. :/

556BlackRifle
06-01-18, 13:18
F#cking B#llsh!t!! Glad I don't live in that hell hole. Sadly, Seattle libtards are just as bad and there are so many (probably many moved here from kalifornia) that they have a huge impact on Washington State's politics. They want all that BS and more.

markm
06-01-18, 13:41
I keep praying for the BIG ONE to hit Kali.... but there'd probably be a mass exodus of roaches flowing into AZ.

pubb
06-01-18, 13:42
So here in Canada, we have classification, licensing and registrations.

Non-restricted licensing: You can basically get your hunt on.
Restricted license: handguns and some semi-auto rifles.
Prohibited license: if you owned a handgun in either .25, .32, or .380 or a handgun with a barrel shorter than 4" on the date the law was passed, you're grandfathered, but nobody else can own these. Altering an existing gun or magazine beyond certain specs makes it a prohibited device - nobody can own those. Handgun mags can hold 10, everything else is limited to 5. Aftermarket bullpup stock? Prohibited device. Bump stock? Prohibited device. Telescoping or folding stock? Prohibited device. Want to use a .50 Beowulf as a "hi-capacity" 223 mag? Illegal. Want to use a 40caliber magazine to hold more than ten 9mm. Perfectly legal.

You complete a course, write two tests, each with practical and written components, then send it off to the feds. A few months later, you get your license. For restricted, they do a more thorough background check and call references to verify that you are a decent person. If you have had financial problems, divorced, have mental health or substance abuse issues in the last five years, you're going to have to really work to satisfy them. Also, the only legitimate reason for owning firearms is sport or collecting. Answering "self-defense" will get your application declined. Once you're licensed, they do continuous eligibiluty screening: if your name comes up in an investigation, a sergeant reviews the context to see if license should be revoked. As an aside, I was a complainant (a person at my job went nuts and threatened people) and I had a sergeant at my home the next night to discuss the matter. Thankfully, the sergeant agreed that given the clearly medical nature of the threat and the person's commitment to a facility, there was little risk the guns would be used defensively. That's right: because I probably wouldn't be in danger, I got to keep my guns.

Then we get the gun classifications:

Non-restricted: most rifles and shotguns with barrels greater than 18". Some guns (AR15, etc.) are named as restricted even though they would be nonrestricted based on their specs.
Restricted: all handguns, and specific long guns. Semi-auto rifles with a barrel shorter than 18".
Prohibs: anything altered below spec, handguns <4", other firearms named as prohibited (uzi, galil, etc.)

Anything restricted or prohibited requires registration. If you sell it, you have to notify the registrar who approves or denies the transfer. Store sales get priority, so they get done in a couple of days. Person-to-person sales may take a couple of weeks or a couple of months. If you have more than ten restricted or prohibited, you must allow firearms officers to inspect your storage to ensure compliance with the regs. They have to make mutually agreeable and reasonable appointments, but you have to allow them in your home to inspect.

Then we get the handling and storage requirements:

Non-Restricted: must be stored unloaded, and either trigger locked or in a gun safe/cabinet

Restricted: must be stored unloaded, and in a locked box or cabinet

Prohib: must be locked and bolt removed and stored separately, if detachable.

Then we get transportation requirements:

NR: nothing required (you can literally get on a bus holding a shotgun in one hand, and a box of shells in the other.
Restricted: must be transported double locked away from ammo. If you are going to a place other than a few specific locations, you must call and get permission, which may or may not be granted. They might not even pick up the phone. And it only granted for a specific window. For exmaple, if you want to mail your handgun away for service, you need to tell them when and where you are taking it. The person on the other end must get permission to pick up the gun at the post office if it isn't delivered direct to them.

But, since ARs are restricted by name, we can have any barrel length, so there is that.

elephant
06-01-18, 14:35
You must be feeling so safe, now that those dangerous features have been made illegal.
You know what helps liberals get a good night sleep? Knowing that crazy - malicious - ultra paramilitary far right - gun loving mass murderers like your self cant wrap your thumb around the grip. Your weapon is completely useless!

I keep praying for the BIG ONE to hit Kali.... but there'd probably be a mass exodus of roaches flowing into AZ.
Better put on your game face friend. They are qualified and experts in turning red into solid blue. I bet they travel north to Washington or Oregon or east to Colorado before they sweat there ass off in AZ. Good luck.

CPM
06-01-18, 14:43
Canada: The apartment above a really good party.

kirkland
06-01-18, 19:34
**** gun control

pubb
06-01-18, 19:42
~10% of the US population lives in California. Referring to them as "roaches" probably says more about you than it does them.

The_War_Wagon
06-01-18, 20:41

Makes me wanna club a democrap with one. Clubs are still legal, right? :rolleyes:

AKDoug
06-01-18, 22:22
There are MILLIONS of good people in California.. unfortunately they are outnumbered by a few million.

Pacific5th
06-01-18, 22:44
I’d probably just get the Mini. Those AR’s look like shit.

beschatten
06-02-18, 02:24

That says something

butlers
06-02-18, 09:28
We learn to make do.

I had to make three changes to make mine a "featureless" rifle (which means it doesn't have the features of the dreaded "assault rifle").

1. Change out the flash hider for a thread protector

I doubt most casual shooters could tell the difference between a flash hider, a muzzle brake, and a thread protector.

2. Change my adjustable stock to a fixed stock

There are $5 aftermarket screws that require no permanent modifications. It's annoying, but it's not like I frequently change my length of pull anyways.

3. Change my grip
https://i.imgur.com/ryi71Vx.jpg

It's certainly not a pistol grip, but it's not the end of the world either.

I once lived in New York City, though, so it could be worse?

SiGfever
06-02-18, 10:50
There are MILLIONS of good people in California.. unfortunately they are outnumbered by a few million.

If the "Many" do not stand up to the "Few", we are all destined to lose our Country as founded. Our Forefathers knew this would happen and prayed that we would have the guts to stand up for our Country and our Freedom. Vote with your dollars and the Ballot box, demand "Term Limits"! The wolves will never vote themselves out of the sheep farm.

MistWolf
06-02-18, 10:55
...demand "Term Limits"!

"Term Limits" fixes our political problems the same way "Reasonable Gun Control" fixes our crime problems. Term limits won't protect us from corruption any more than gun control will protect us from crime.

TXBK
06-02-18, 11:01

Everyday. If my kids don’t see a rifle in my hand while walking to the truck and don’t see one in the front seat, they start asking questions. My wife knows that it’s just out of sight.

Send it...
06-02-18, 12:17
Turner's Outdoorsman?

If he's near the Santa Monica/West L.A. area, ask him if he'd swing by Martin B. Rettings and snap a few photos. That was a great shop, back in the day and I'm wondering how they're faring.

MBR is still going strong. Same owners. Long time...

Dr. Bullseye
06-02-18, 16:23

....a few million illegal aliens who now vote.

The gun shop pictures are accurate. This is what it looks like now.

SiGfever
06-02-18, 17:30
"Term Limits" fixes our political problems the same way "Reasonable Gun Control" fixes our crime problems. Term limits won't protect us from corruption any more than gun control will protect us from crime.

Politicians need to be changed for the same reason as baby diapers. The power they can amass over time does nothing good for our Country. Unless you think the Pelosi, Shumer, Waters, and a buttload of republicans are a good thing for our Country.

Sorry OP for going off tract.

Exiledviking
06-02-18, 17:42
....a few million illegal aliens who now vote.

The gun shop pictures are accurate. This is what it looks like now.Along with felons (legal now to vote as long as they're not currently in a prison).

The progressives have a lock on the votes in this state.

elephant
06-02-18, 19:21
Politicians need to be changed for the same reason as baby diapers. The power they can amass over time does nothing good for our Country. Unless you think the Pelosi, Shumer, Waters, and a buttload of republicans are a good thing for our Country.

Limited power doesn't sit well with those who are in power. Being a liberal is great, you can literally say one thing and do something completely different at a later time. Like, you can campaign on transparency and then in the greatest of secrecy, initiate programs that allow the NSA, CIA and FBI to spy on your entire country while asking the IRS to target certain groups of people. But the best part is like when you can send thousands of ATF, FBI and National Guard Tanks down to Waco and burn men, women and children alive and then go to war in Bosnia because some guy is doing the exact same thing, and during all this, our commander and chief is getting a old fashion mouth job from his hot young secretary and then many years later, speaks out against men who did the exact same thing. Life is good isn't it?

RetroRevolver77
06-03-18, 21:12
If I lived in California, I'd have a couple of M1A's with 10 rd detachable mags, 1911's, revolvers, pump shotguns, bolt guns, and maybe some 22's. I wouldn't subject myself to bullet buttons, or retarded looking stocks just to own an AR. Not excusing what the state is doing but I wouldn't feel undergunned with those combo's either. The state sucks, might as well give it back to Mexico but if you have to live there then make the most of it.

RazorBurn
06-03-18, 21:46
If the "Many" do not stand up to the "Few", we are all destined to lose our Country as founded. Our Forefathers knew this would happen and prayed that we would have the guts to stand up for our Country and our Freedom.

The last time that happened was the Civil War that ended 153 years ago. Our nation has been on a straight down hill slide since then. Sadly, dollars and votes aren't going to win against the Progressive juggernaut. It's just a matter of time before Civil War 2.0 or Revolution 2.0 (whichever someone would rather call it) starts again. The Progressives and Federal government will keep pushing and pushing and taking and taking. Once it reaches the boiling point it will be ugly. Someone posted recently that they thought it would be more along the lines of the French Revolution, and I can't say I would disagree with that.

SteyrAUG
06-03-18, 21:50
That was the saddest looking HK type firearm I've ever seen. When one thinks how much it costs to live there, I can't even imagine it.

MistWolf
06-04-18, 14:47

Sorry OP for going off tract.

THEN VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT! Term limits mean nothing if the same type of rat is voted in as a replacement. Term limits didn't protect us from the eight year reign of the Obama regime. Or the Clintons.

If we need term limits, it's because the people aren't getting involved and term limits won't fix that. Term limits is just another form of reasonable gun control.

Moose-Knuckle
06-06-18, 05:27

I'd opt for a James River BM-59.

ralph
06-06-18, 10:28
The last time that happened was the Civil War that ended 153 years ago. Our nation has been on a straight down hill slide since then. Sadly, dollars and votes aren't going to win against the Progressive juggernaut. It's just a matter of time before Civil War 2.0 or Revolution 2.0 (whichever someone would rather call it) starts again. The Progressives and Federal government will keep pushing and pushing and taking and taking. Once it reaches the boiling point it will be ugly. Someone posted recently that they thought it would be more along the lines of the French Revolution, and I can't say I would disagree with that.

I really hope it dosen't come to that..Unlike the last Civil War, or the last Revloution, where the parties involved were pretty much clear cut, and everybody knew who was who, this time around it's going to be much more difficult.. There many factions in this country who would take adavantage of such turmoil to try to take power, it'll be far more involved than left vs right. Alot of people will die simply because they got caught in the crossfire..