PDA

View Full Version : Dickson Co., TN sheriff deputy murdered, manhunt catches perp

ABNAK
06-01-18, 17:47
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2018/06/01/steven-wiggins-suspect-caught-dickson-county-sgt-daniel-baker-shooting/657981002/

Cliff notes: Two days ago deputy responds to call of suspicious vehicle. Perp Wiggins is wanted on multiple felony warrants, meth-head, has a long history with the law. According to dash-cam and body-cam he somehow got the deputy's weapon and forced him to drive (with perp's girlfriend following) a couple miles away then executes the cop. Dispatch hadn't heard from the deputy for a while after the stop so tries but can't make contact. They go to location of stop but no cruiser, eventually using GPS to find it and cop's body.

Skanky girlfriend is caught the same day, hiding under some dude's shed. Perp was found today by a State Trooper (probably lucky for him it was a Trooper and not another Sheriff's deputy) on some country road. Billy Badass isn't so tough anymore, surrenders peacefully. Torn up clothes, dehydrated from running/hiding for two days (boo-hoo). They take him to a local hospital, then use the deceased deputy's cuffs to take him and book him into the Dickson Co. jail. DA will seek death penalty for both.

Cop was a 10-year sheriff's department veteran with a wife and kid. He was also a USMC Iraq vet.

Sheriff was crying yesterday during a statement, said the video cams were "disturbing". Rumor has it the guy was begging for his life when that POS murdered him. I hope he has a fun time in the Dickson Co. jail, but I'd wager he has a Trooper guarding him and will be moved somewhere else. Maybe he'll fall down a few times before his final destination.

flenna
06-01-18, 17:58
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2018/06/01/steven-wiggins-suspect-caught-dickson-county-sgt-daniel-baker-shooting/657981002/

Cliff notes: Two days ago deputy responds to call of suspicious vehicle. Perp Wiggins is wanted on multiple felony warrants, meth-head, has a long history with the law. According to dash-cam and body-cam he somehow got the deputy's weapon and forced him to drive (with perp's girlfriend following) a couple miles away then executes the cop. Dispatch hadn't heard from the deputy for a while after the stop so tries but can't make contact. They go to location of stop but no cruiser, eventually using GPS to find it and cop's body.

Skanky girlfriend is caught the same day, hiding under some dude's shed. Perp was found today by a State Trooper (probably lucky for him it was a Trooper and not another Sheriff's deputy) on some country road. Billy Badass isn't so tough anymore, surrenders peacefully. Torn up clothes, dehydrated from running/hiding for two days (boo-hoo). They take him to a local hospital, then use the deceased deputy's cuffs to take him and book him into the Dickson Co. jail. DA will seek death penalty for both.

Cop was a 10-year sheriff's department veteran with a wife and kid. He was also a USMC Iraq vet.

Sheriff was crying yesterday during a statement, said the video cams were "disturbing". Rumor has it the guy was begging for his life when that POS murdered him. I hope he has a fun time in the Dickson Co. jail, but I'd wager he has a Trooper guarding him and will be moved somewhere else. Maybe he'll fall down a few times before his final destination.

I’ve been following this, glad they finally got the murderer. I am surprised he was taken alive.

ABNAK
06-01-18, 18:01
I’ve been following this, glad they finally got the murderer. I am surprised he was taken alive.

Like I alluded to above, that is probably due to the agency which captured him, or rather which agency it wasn't.

Endur
06-01-18, 21:59
R.I.P. Marine/Deputy.

223to45
06-02-18, 01:38
I don't know what it is, but there is something that really pisses me off about stuff like this.

Some guy survives some wicked shit in the ME, come home to just to be taken out by a meth head.

If he is on video doing the deed, the day after conviction he should be strapped to the electric chair.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ABNAK
06-02-18, 07:43
I don't know what it is, but there is something that really pisses me off about stuff like this.

Some guy survives some wicked shit in the ME, come home to just to be taken out by a meth head.

If he is on video doing the deed, the day after conviction he should be strapped to the electric chair.

Unfortunately Tennessee isn't like Texas in regard to executing murderers. He'll be a burden on taxpayers for decades.

Coal Dragger
06-02-18, 09:43

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The electric chair is too good for this trash.

Crucify him, Roman style.

Averageman
06-02-18, 12:06
Vigilantism, where someone is dragged by the heels and strung up like a pinata and beaten for hours may be ugly, but

Rumor has it the guy was begging for his life when that POS murdered him.

Sometimes I would guess it is warranted and the only real possible justice available.

ABNAK
06-02-18, 12:23
As I suspected the POS was booked into the Dickson Co. jail, the county where the crime was committed, but is being held in Davidson Co. jail (Nashville). Not sure if it has to do with the size of the facilities or what, but my bet is on it's a way to protect that scumbag.

ABNAK
06-02-18, 12:26

Tennessee primarily has lethal injection. The electric chair is an option too.

Only 6 people have been executed in Tennessee since 2000, so basically one every 3 years on average. Last one was in 2009. So this POS will likely sit for decades breathing perfectly good air.

Campbell
06-02-18, 13:09

Plus 1 on a slow crucifixion